Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. promoted Elizabeth Miller to state president, Florida. She has served as WellCare’s Florida market chief operating officer since 2014....Codiak BioSciences Inc. appointed Benny Sorensen, M.D., Ph.D., vice president and head of clinical development. He joined Codiak from Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, where he was senior director of clinical research....The Alzheimer's Association New York City chapter named Christopher Smith executive director and Anafidelia Tavares, M.D., M.P.H., director of programs. Smith previously was CEO of the Arthritis Foundation’s Great Lakes Region. Dr. Tavares had been a consultant for the Brooklyn Perinatal Network and Greater NYC Komen Affiliate.
- Baylor Scott & White Health selected James H. Hinton to serve as president and CEO. He most recently was CEO of Presbyterian Healthcare Services....P4 Diagnostix named Vito Santarsieri, M.D., division director of GI Pathology. He previously held the roles of senior pathologist at CBLPath, Inc.; medical director at Gastrocor, the GI pathology division of Bostwick Laboratories; and executive medical director at Dianon Pathology, a division of LabCorp....Accolade appointed Harish Naidu chief technology officer and Phong Nguyen executive vice president of product management. Prior to joining Accolade, Naidu was executive vice president at Globalscholar/Scantron. Nguyen previously served as senior vice president and general manager of Concur's Expense and Invoice products.
- The FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research named Jacqueline Corrigan-Curay, J.D., M.D., permanent director of the Office of Medical Policy. She most recently served as a supervisory medical officer with the Immediate Office of the Director at NIH’s National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute....Florida Atlantic University named Phillip M. Boiselle, M.D., dean of the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine. Boiselle now serves as associate dean for academic and clinical affairs and professor of radiology at Harvard Medical School and is a member of the cardiothoracic imaging division at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center....AssureCare named Norm Goldrich chief information officer and chief technology officer. He has served as chief information officer, chief technology officer or chief operating officer for Hobsons, VCS Consulting and Vertical Solutions.
- Cigna-HealthSpring President Herb Fritch will retire from his position effective Nov. 11, and continue to serve in an advisory role to Cigna Corp. through December 2017. Fritch joined Cigna in February 2012 to lead the company through a strategic expansion into the growing senior and Medicare market. M. Shawn Morris, the division’s current chief operating officer, will serve as interim president....James Repp was named president and COO of AvMed, a not-for-profit health plan that provides Medicare Advantage and other coverage in Florida. Repp joined AvMed in 2004 and has since served in various sales and marketing leadership roles, including his recent post of senior vice president and chief marketing officer....Zillion Health appointed Cheryl Morrison Deutsch chief experience officer. She most recently served as executive director of customer experience, collaboration and transformation at Kronos.
- VistaGen Therapeutics, Inc. named Mark A. McPartland vice president, corporate development and investor relations. McPartland previously served as the vice president of corporate development and communications at Stellar Biotechnologies, Inc....Healthcare Associates of Texas LLC said Jeffrey M. Vines joined the company as chief financial officer. Vines was vice president of finance and corporate controller at Adeptus Health Inc....National HealthCare Corporation said Senior Vice President & Controller and Principal Accounting Officer Donald K. Daniel and Senior Vice President and Treasurer Charlotte A. Swafford are retiring effective Dec. 31. Vice President of Treasury Jeffrey R. Smith will succeed Swafford, and Vice President and Assistant Controller Brian F. Kidd will succeed Daniel.
- Regulus Therapeutics Inc. appointed Timothy M. Wright, M.D., chief research and development officer. He most recently was executive vice president of translational sciences at California Institute for Biomedical Research....Capitol Counsel LLC said Ann Jablon has joined the firm as a partner. She most recently served as the long-time chief of staff to Rep. Richard E. Neal (D-Mass.)....Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. named Chris LeMasters executive vice president and chief business officer. LeMasters previously served as the CEO of Promosome.
- Premise Health promoted Chief Technology Officer Haden McWhorter to chief information officer....Carmell Therapeutics added several senior managers. Chief Quality Officer Donna Godward previously was chief quality officer for Johnson & Johnson's Medical Device and Diagnostic Business. Vice President of Research & Development Stephanie Kladakis, Ph.D., most recently was the vice president of R&D for Cohera Medical. And Vice President of Clinical Sciences Janet Vargo, Ph.D., previously was head of clinical development and regulatory affairs at Mentor, LLC.
- CVRx, Inc. appointed Tom Moore vice president for U.S. market development, a newly created position. Moore most recently was the president of a medical start-up company focused on urological disorders....The University of Maryland named Boris D. Lushniak, M.D., dean of the School of Public Health. Lushniak, who will assume the new role on Jan. 9, now is at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, where he serves as professor and chair of the Department of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics and professor of dermatology at the F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine....Accolade hired Ivor Horn, M.D., as chief medical officer. He previously was medical director of the Center for Diversity and Health Equity at Seattle Children's Hospital.
- Superior Dental Care chose Traci Harrell as CEO, succeeding founding CEO Rebecca York. York now will serve as the company's corporate advisor. Harrell joined Superior Dental Care in 1994 and has served as director of sales and chief marketing officer, among other roles….Matrix Medical Network named Maurice Herbelin, M.D., chief medical officer. He most recently served as an independent physician executive consultant to health plans, health care service delivery companies and technology ventures….Astellas appointed Steven E. Benner, M.D., senior vice president and therapeutic area head for oncology, and promoted Anne Keating, Pharm.D., to vice president of clinical science for oncology. Benner previously served in senior leadership positions in clinical development, compliance and licensing at Cell Therapeutics Inc., OncoMed Pharmaceuticals and PDL BioPharma. Keating most recently was executive director and global development project leader for oncology at Astellas.
- Sentry Data Systems named Tom Tran chief financial officer (CFO) and chief operating officer. Prior to joining Sentry in May 2016, Tran served for more than six years as CFO of WellCare Health Plans, Inc….Helix Twelve Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Fred R. Seddiqui CEO. Over the past three years, he has served as an executive advisor to Helix Twelve and a member of its board of directors….WebMD Health Corp. promoted Senior Vice President of Finance Blake DeSimone to chief financial officer.
- PriMed Management, the management services organization for Hill Physicians Medical Group, named Umang Jain chief information officer. He most recently served as senior director, core business applications and integration at Blue Shield of California....Bioness, Inc. appointed Eric Grigsby, M.D., chief medical officer. He was founding medical director of the first pain management center at University of California, Davis Medical Center....Neurotrope, Inc. appointed Chief Scientific Officer Daniel Alkon to the additional role of president.
- Together Health Network appointed Nabil Elie Khoury, M.D., medical director. He also maintains a clinical appointment providing hospital emergency department services at St. Joseph Mercy Health System. Prior to joining Together Health, Khoury held medical administrative and clinical positions at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital and at HCR Manorcare Subacute Rehabilitation Facilities....21st Century Oncology, Inc. named Matthew Anderson executive vice president, strategic initiatives, a newly created role. Anderson previously held various leadership roles at PharMEDium....BenefitMall appointed Misty Baker director of compliance. She previously served as director of health insurance services with the Independent Insurance Agents of Texas.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc. named Chip Parkinson executive vice president for reimbursement strategy, a newly created position. Parkinson most recently was president of Cambia Health Solutions subsidiary OmedaRx and chief pharmacy officer for Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield health plans….HCA Healthcare named Todd Caliva CEO of HCA-affiliated Clear Lake Regional Medical Center. Caliva has been with HCA since 1997. In addition, Mauricio Camargo was hired as senior vice president of planning and business intelligence for HCA Gulf Coast Division. Camargo was most recently an engagement manager at the Houston office of McKinsey & Company.
- The Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare appointed Anne Marie Benedicto vice president. Benedicto was chief of staff and executive vice president of Support Operations for The Joint Commission from 2008 through 2015. Most recently, she was assistant vice president of hospital operations at Montefiore Medical Center, New York…. Assembly Biosciences, Inc. said it made several senior-level hires to advance the company’s microbiome platform. They include Miguel Barbosa, Ph.D., as chief scientific officer of the microbiome program; George Grandolfi, Ph.D., as vice president of drug product and formulation; Steven Cockrill, Ph.D., as senior director of analytical development and quality control; Christopher Hartnett, Ph.D., as senior director of process development; Viktoria Gontcharova, Ph.D., as principal scientist, bioinformatics; and Christopher Howerton, Ph.D., as senior director of strategy.
- The Segal Group promoted Senior Vice President and Benefits Consultant David Brenner to National Director of Multiemployer Consulting at Segal Consulting….WebMD Health Corp. promoted President Steven L. Zatz, M.D., to CEO, effective immediately….Otoharmonics named Damon Boyce, Au.D., senior audiologist, clinical education. Prior to joining Otoharmonics, Boyce served as chief audiologist and sales manager for Westone Laboratories.
- The New Jersey Hospital Asssociation said President and CEO Elizabeth "Betsy" Ryan is stepping down, effective in July 2017. The NJHA Board of Trustees will launch a search to fill the position….EpiThany appointed David Poston as chief operating officer. He previously served as chief financial officer at the Allen Institute….Intrexon Corp. named Lieutenant General (Ret.) Thomas P. Bostick, Ph.D., head of the company's environment sector. He recently retired as the U.S. Army Chief of Engineers and the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Virtual Health appointed Dan Bart executive vice president of information security and implementation. Bart joins Virtual Health after more than 13 years with the U.S. Department of Defense, where he oversaw the implementation and operation of information systems designed to defend DoD’s information network….Radiation Business Solutions named Michael Bauer senior vice president of business development and Robert LoBue vice president of hospital services….Truveris said Faisal Mushtaq is the organization’s new CEO. Mushtaq previously served as senior vice president and general manager, payer life sciences for Allscripts.
- ARC Devices Ltd. appointed Mark Haig Khachaturian, Ph.D., chief technology officer. Khachaturian was previously the vice president of R&D at ABT Molecular Imaging….WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Anat Hakim senior vice president, general counsel and secretary. Most recently, Hakim served as divisional vice president, associate general counsel, litigation for Abbott Laboratories….West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. hired David A. Montecalvo to serve as senior vice president, global operations and supply chain. Montecalvo joins West from Medtronic plc, where he served as vice president, business operations integration.
- CareMore Health System named Mark David Harris, M.D., regional medical officer to lead patient care and clinical operations. Harris previously served as chief of preventive medicine and public health functions at Northern Regional Medical Command/Atlantic Regional. CareMore also appointed Sandeep Palakodeti, M.D., chief of hospital medicine. Palakodeti most recently was an attending hospitalist and instructor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic. And CareMore hired Manisha A. Sharma, M.D., as director of community health and primary care in Shelby County, Tenn. Sharma was clinical innovator for Iora Health in Boston before joining CareMore....Health care mobile communication platform provider CareWire, Inc. named Troy Mashburn vice president, delivery and account management. He previously was a director at Next Street Financial.
- John Meigs, Jr., M.D., a family physician in Centreville, Alabama, was named president of the American Academy of Family Physicians. He served one year as president-elect, four years as speaker and three years as vice speaker of the academy's governing body....aTyr Pharma, Inc. appointed David J. King, PhD, senior vice president, research. Most recently, King served as senior vice president of research at Tunitas Therapeutics....The Global Healthcare Accreditation Program named Karen Timmons CEO. She has served in executive positions at the Joint Commission, Joint Commission International, and Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
- Molina Healthcare, Inc. hired Britt Travis as vice president of Medicare sales. Previously, Travis was vice president of distribution and sales at Highmark, Inc....Nexus BioPharma, Inc. named Helen Stefanovic director of regulatory affairs. She most recently served as manager, science policy, corporate strategic planning and policy at Pfizer Inc....Lannett Company, Inc. said its chief of scientific affairs, Mahendra Dedhiya, Ph.D., resigned effective Oct. 21. A search is underway for a successor.
- Imagine Health said Darin Gordon has partnered with the company as a senior advisor. He most recently led TennCare, Tennessee's Medicaid program, and the state's Division of Health Care Finance and Administration....Ampersand Capital Partners, a health care-focused private equity firm, added Frank Witney, Ph.D., as an operating partner. Witney previously served as president and CEO of Affymetrix....Tim Cunningham was appointed chief financial officer of Organogenesis Inc. Cunningham has spent 15 years in executive leadership roles with startups and larger entities.
- Livongo Health named Dave Engberg chief technology officer. Engberg most recently served as chief technology officer at Evernote....Seyfarth Shaw LLP added partner William B. Eck to its Corporate department in Washington, D.C. Eck comes from the D.C. office of health law boutique firm Hooper, Lundy & Bookman....ZappRx hired Sandy DiCesare as chief operating officer. DiCesare most recently served as vice president of commercial operations at Takeda Oncology.
- EMD Serono promoted Craig Millian to senior vice president, neurology and immunology. Millian most recently served as senior vice president, head of U.S. fertility and endocrinology....Catholic Relief Services promoted Sean Callahan to president and CEO. He is now chief operating officer....Egalet Corp. named Patrick Shea chief commercial officer (CCO). Most recently Shea served as CCO at Clarus Therapeutics, Inc.
- EMD Serono promoted Craig Millian to senior vice president, neurology and immunology. He most recently served as senior vice president, head of US fertility and endocrinology….Legacy Health Endowment appointed Jeffrey R. Lewis president and CEO. He previously was president of the Institute for Healthcare Innovation while concurrently serving as the chairman and CEO of the St. Paul's Foundation health care project….C4 Recovery Solutions, Inc. named Robert Ryberg CEO. He most recently cofounded Peak Consulting Partners, an industry leading financial and management consulting firm. Ryberg has served on C4’s board of directors for the past five years.
- Kevin Schoeplein, CEO of OSF Healthcare System and vice chairperson for the Boards of OSF, said he will retire at the end of 2017. Bob Sehring, CEO of the health system’s Central Region, will assume the role of chief operating officer of OSF HealthCare on Jan. 1, 2017, and will become CEO when Schoeplein retires....Eurofins Bioanalytical Services named Jennifer Ohayon, Ph.D., a scientific director for large molecule bioanalysis. Most recently, Ohayon was the director of clinical operations and R&D at Enzo Clinical Labs....eFFECTOR Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Jeremy Barton, M.D., chief medical officer. He joins eFFECTOR from Pfizer Inc., where he served as the vice president and head of oncology early development and clinical research.
- Opus Bank appointed Sharmila Solanki managing director, healthcare banking. Solanki most recently served at Prosperity Bank as managing director, manager - healthcare lending division….Center Point Clinical Services named Tim Slavin senior director of clinical accounts. Slavin served in sales, account management and commercial team collaboration for companies including Novo Nordisk and Amylin Pharmaceuticals….ClearLight Diagnostics, LLC hired Laurie Goodman, Ph.D., as chief scientific officer. Goodman has served as a consultant to ClearLight since August 2015.
- Healthstat, Inc. hired Phillip Franklin, M.D., as chief medical officer. Prior to joining Healthstat, Franklin served for five years as the corporate medical director for Bayer Life Sciences....Livongo Health said Michael Sturmer has joined the company as senior vice president of the health services segment. Sturmer previously was the chief operating officer for Cigna Corp.’s New York/New Jersey health plan....AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY), one of the largest multispecialty practices in the New York metropolitan area and a partner of New York insurer EmblemHealth, promoted Navarra Rodriguez, M.D., to president and chief medical officer at ACPNY and an officer of EmblemHealth. Rodriguez most recently served as ACPNY’s chief population health officer and chief medical informatics officer.
- Paragon Bioservices, Inc. promoted Peter Buzy to president and CEO. He initially joined Paragon as chief operation officer in October 2014....Brian P. Goldstein, M.D., was named chief health system officer for UW Medicine and vice president for medical affairs at the University of Washington. He is now the executive vice president and chief operating officer for the University of North Carolina Hospitals....21st Century Oncology Holdings, Inc. appointed William (Bill) R. Spalding president and CEO, effective immediately. He succeeds company founder Dr. Daniel Dosoretz, who will continue as a director and will transition to serving as a full-time senior physician with the company. Spalding previously was CEO of PharMEDium Healthcare Holdings from January 2014 until it was sold to AmerisourceBergen Corp. last year. He also formerly served as executive vice president, strategy and managed care of CVS Caremark Corp. and executive vice president, strategic initiatives of Caremark Rx, Inc.
- West Health promoted Zia Agha, M.D., to chief medical officer. Agha will continue to serve as executive vice president of clinical research and informatics and have additional responsibilities for telehealth....QBE North America, an operating division of QBE Group, named Cynthia Oard senior vice president, underwriting leader – healthcare. She joins QBE from Allied World Assurance, where she served as senior vice president – healthcare practice lead....Cain Brothers, a health care-focused investment bank, said Kristin Carey joined the firm as a managing director to lead its coverage of the pharmaceutical outsourcing and specialty pharmaceutical industries. She was previously a senior managing director at Teneo Capital.
- The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) promoted Thomas A. O’Donnell to senior vice president, government affairs and public policy. O’Donnell joined NACDS in 2012 to serve as vice president, federal government affairs....Zosano Pharma Corp. appointed Georgia Erbez chief business officer. She also will continue to serve as Zosano’s interim chief financial officer....Albireo Limited named Paresh N. Soni, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer. He most recently served as vice president, global medical sciences at Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Tony Casciano senior vice president of sales and marketing for the company’s Hematology and Oncology business. He most recently served as the head of marketing for Sanofi US where he led the General Medicine division....BridgeHealth named Laura Casanova director of marketing and communications. She previously was vice president of marketing and corporate communications at WellDyne....Adeptus Health Inc. said CEO Thomas S. Hall intends to retire by mid-2017.
- Orbsen Therapeutics named Larry Couture, Ph.D., CEO. He has experience in cellular and genetic therapeutics, as well as in scientific and business development of leading edge therapeutics....PaxVax, Inc. appointed Philip Moody chief financial officer. Previously, Moody worked for BTG PLC as the chief financial officer for the North American sector. He assumed his new duties on August 29, 2016....Susanne Wilke, Ph.D., joined Neurotrope, Inc. as CEO. Previously, she worked at pharmaceutical companies including Hoffman La Roche, Amgen and Forest Labs.
- CoNextions Medical named Attila Poka, M.D., chief medical officer. Most recently, Poka was chief of orthopedic trauma at Grant Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio, and clinical professor of orthopedic trauma of Ohio University....Miroslav Backonja, M.D., joined Worldwide Clinical Trials as senior medical director of neuroscience, medical and scientific affairs. Previously, he served as the medical director of neuroscience for a phase one unit....Spotlight Innovation Inc. appointed Cassandra MacArthur senior vice president of regulatory affairs and compliance. She will oversee regulatory affairs such as strategic planning for regulatory approvals and preparation of regulatory submissions.
- VAXIMM AG appointed Matthias Schroff, Ph.D., CEO. Most recently, he was the CEO of Mologen AG for ten years....Connecture, Inc. named Jean Landsverk senior vice president of payer solutions. Previously, she was the senior vice president of the National and Blue Cross Blue Shield markets for Trizetto/Cognizant....Cantel Medical Corp. promoted its senior vice president of corporate development Seth Yellin to executive vice president of strategy and corporate development. He joined the company in April 2012.
- The Georgia Dental Association tapped Ben Jernigan Jr.as its new president. Previously, he was the president-elect of the state association....Damon Francis, M.D., joins Health Leads as chief medical officer. Most recently, he served five years at the Alameda County Health Care Services Agency as the interim director and medical director of Health Care for the Homeless....In the latest leadership shakeup, Crown Bioscience promoted its president, Jean Wery, Ph.D., to CEO. Additionally, co-founder Alex Wu, Ph.D., will now serve as president and chief strategy officer, and Eva Ho was appointed chief financial officer.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners appointed Peter Hartt, director of New Jersey's Insurance Division, to represent the NAIC on the Financial Stability Oversight Council, a 15-member group of the nation's chief financial regulators that was created by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Protection and Consumer Protection Act in 2010. He will succeed North Dakota Insurance Commissioner Adam Hamm, who is scheduled to bow out in September....Serum appointed Robert Grammatica executive vice president and managing director. Most recently, Grammatica was the global chief healthcare officer and managing director for RAPP Worldwide at its New York office....Mark Leenay, M.D., joined WellCare Health Plans Inc as chief medical director, care model. Previously, he served as senior vice president and chief medical officer at Optum Global.
- Massachusetts-based BeiGene, Ltd named Amy Peterson, M.D., chief medical officer. Before joining the company in 2015, Peterson served as vice president of clinical development at Medivation...Michael Consedine joins Aegon NV as global head of government and policy affairs. Prior to joining the company in 2015, he served as the insurance commissioner for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. subsidiary WellCare of Kentucky named William Jones state president. Previously, he was vice president of payment integrity and government business operations for Highmark, Inc.
- Icagen, Inc. named Chris Mathes, M.D., chief commercial officer. Previously, Mathes managed North American business development efforts for discovery services at Charles River Laboratories....TapImmune Inc appointed Michael Loiacono chief financial officer and chief accounting officer. He served as a finance consultant for the company since March 2016....Martine Singer joined Children's Institute, Inc. (CII) as the new president and CEO, effective Nov. 7. She served as president and CEO of Para Los Niños since 2012.
- ClearDATA has named Pat Cathey chief revenue officer. She has more than 30 years of experience in sales, marketing, consulting and client relations from Fujitsu Americas, Rackspace, Avnet, Arrow Electronics and IBM....MYidealDOCTOR, a company focused on cloud-based telemedicine and mHealth services, has tapped David Buxton, M.D., as chief medical officer for behavioral health....Balamurali Ambati, Ph.D., M.D., has joined ForeverGreen Worldwide Corp.’s scientific advisory board.
- Chief medical strategy officer for Sinai Health System, Gary Newton, M.D., was promoted to president and CEO, effective Oct. 3, 2016. In the past, Newton served as the head of the division of cardiology at the University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital, from 2009 through 2013....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Rhonda Mims senior vice president and chief public affairs officer. Previously, she was the managing director of corporate social responsibility at Paul Hastings, LLP....Daryl Gaugler joined Spectra BioPharma Selling Solutions as president. Previously, he was the head of North American Commercial Solutions.
- Spyryx Biosciences, Inc. named Alistair Wheeler, M.D., chief medical officer, who will oversee all clinical and medical operations and linked regulatory strategies. Previously, Wheeler served as global head of clinical development, respiratory medicine and biotherapeutics for Sunovion Pharmaceuticals....ESO Solutions, Inc., appointed Jennifer Mabe chief financial officer. Most recently, she was the chief financial officer for DataTrak International....Leigh Errico joins Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. as vice president of human resources for the U.S. administrative and commercial group. She holds more than 18 years of HR experience.
- ACell named Brad Adams vice president of sales. He was previously executive vice president, commercial for Smith & Nephew, Inc.... USANA Health Sciences appointed Rob Sinnott, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. He holds more than 25 years of experience and leadership in life sciences, chemistry, biotechnology, and nutrition....Richard Bierly joins Impax Laboratories’ Board of Directors. Previously, Bierly served as chief financial officer for Medivation.
- Nicole Latimer joined StayWell Company, LLC as its new president. Previously, Latimer worked for Advisory Board Company....BioLineRx tapped Philip Serlin as its new CEO — who will assume his new role on October 10, 2016 — succeeding Kinneret Savitsky, Ph.D. In 2009, Serlin joined the company as chief financial and operating officer....The Bloc, a New York-based health creative engagement agency, has appointed Barbara LePetri, M.D., senior vice president director of medical and scientific services. She most recently served as the head of the Lipitor medical team at Pfizer.
- Alphaeon Corp. said it named Murthy Simhambhatla Ph.D., CEO and president. Simhambhatla succeeds Robert Grant, who was named vice chairman of the company’s board of directors....ContextMedia:Health named Madan Nagaldinne chief people officer. Previously, Nagaldinne worked for Facebook Inc., overseeing the HR function for all of the company's global sales teams....Invetech appointed Ankush Kaul vice president and general manager of its Dover Motion division. Most recently, Kaul served as general manager at Tektronix Encore.
- ProclaRx appointed Doug Martin chief operating officer. He most recently served as a director of corporate strategy for Applied Bio Ventures....Washington State Hospital Association promoted its executive vice president Cassie Sauer to CEO. She succeeds outgoing CEO Scott Bond....Chris Dobbins joined Stradis Healthcare as vice president of finance. Previously, Dobbins served as director of financial operations for Medline.
- AMGA named Brec Huseby director of AMGA Consulting. Previously, Huseby was an independent health care consultant and served as senior vice president of leasing and development at Frauenshuh Healthcare Real Estate Solutions....Cassidy Tsay, M.D., joined CAPG as vice president of business development. Previously, she worked at Blue Shield of California, serving as a regional medical director....Intervention Insights, a health information services company focused on molecular oncology, tapped Steven Jones as its new CEO. Most recently, he served as chief acquisition officer at Dental Services Group.
- Sovereign Health appointed Veena Kumari, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. She most recently served as a professor of experimental psychology at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience at King's College London, UK….Boca Raton Regional Hospital named Frank D. Vrionis, M.D., Ph.D., director of the organization's Marcus Neuroscience Institute. He now is chief of neurosurgery at the Moffitt Cancer Center and professor of neurosurgery, orthopedics and oncology at the University of South Florida….Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. said Jerome Zeldis, M.D., Ph.D., was named chief medical officer and president of clinical development. Zeldis previously was the chief medical officer of Celgene Corp.
- Eli Lilly and Co. Chairman, President and CEO John Lechleiter, Ph.D., is retiring at the end of the year, but will remain on the board until May 31, 2017. Senior Vice President and Lilly Bio-Medicines President David Ricks will succeed him…. GNC Holdings, Inc. named Independent Director Robert Moran interim CEO. He succeeds Michael Archbold, who is leaving the company.
- Lannett Co., Inc. promoted Director of Regulatory Affairs Kristie Stephens to vice president of regulatory affairs and chief compliance officer, and Corporate Controller John Kozowski to vice president of financial operations and corporate controller....Gradalis, Inc. named Martin Birkhofer, M.D., senior vice president and chief medical officer. He previously was chief medical officer for NuCana BioMed Ltd.
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation appointed Elisabeth “Libby” Rosenthal, M.D., editor-in-chief of Kaiser Health News. She previously was a health reporter for The New York Times....HCA Holdings, Inc. promoted TriStar Centennial Medical Center CEO Heather Rohan to president of its TriStar Division....Thomas Arnst joined Millennium Health as chief administrative officer. He most recently was executive vice president, chief administrative officer, general counsel, head of global human resources and corporate secretary for Expert Global Solutions, now a unit of Alorica, Inc.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan appointed Vice President of Enterprise Ancillary Business Kevin Stutler president and CEO of LifeSecure Insurance Co. He will maintain his current role....Impax Laboratories, Inc. named Douglas Boothe president of its generics division. He most recently was executive vice president and general manager of Perrigo Co. Plc.
- Sunu Chandy joined the HHS Office for Civil Rights as deputy director for civil rights. Chandy most recently was a policy consultant in federal advocacy for the Ms. Foundation, and spent 15 years with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission....Biostage, Inc. appointed Harout DerSimonian, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. He previously was assistant professor and post-doctoral fellow at Harvard Medical School....Restoration Robotics, Inc. named Ryan Rhodes president and CEO. He most recently was director of marketing for Intuitive Surgical Inc.
- InfuSystem Holdings, Inc. named Christopher Downs executive vice president and interim chief financial officer and Trent Smith executive vice president, corporate controller and chief accounting officer. Downs was InfuSystem’s vice president and treasurer and Smith was vice president and corporate controller. Downs and Smith replaced Chief Financial Officer Jonathan P. Foster, who resigned to take on the CFO role at another public company....Health Alliance Plan named Michael Genord, M.D., CEO of HAP Midwest Health Plan. Genord was president and CEO of HealthPlus of Michigan at the time the company merged with HAP in February 2016....Array BioPharma appointed Jason Haddock as CFO. He replaces David Horin, who had been acting as Array's interim CFO. Haddock most recently served as CFO and Chief Operating Officer of BERG Health....BERG promoted the company's financial controller, Kevin Coveney, to the position of vice president of finance and controller to replace Haddock.
- PDI appointed Keith St. John vice president of clinical affairs and Debra Hagberg director of clinical affairs. Both roles will support PDI's Infection Prevention business, including PDI Healthcare and Sani Professional divisions. St. John previously was a clinical epidemiologist and clinical program manager at Wolters Kluwer Health, and Hagberg was a clinical program manager, infection prevention, at Wolters Kluwer Health....Jane Harkey was named chair of the Commission for Case Manager Certification. She is a registered nurse, social worker and certified geriatric case manager, and operates a private geriatric care management practice in New Jersey....Adeptus Health Inc. named Frank R. Williams, Jr. executive vice president and chief financial officer. Williams will succeed Timothy L. Fielding, who left to pursue other business interests. Williams most recently was the senior vice president and senior managing director, acquisitions, for Medical Properties Trust.
- Jeffrey E. Johnson, M.D., of the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, was named president of the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society. In addition to leading as president, Johnson will serve on the board of directors of the Society's Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Foundation....MemorialCare Health System, a Southern California integrated delivery system, named Aaron Coley chief financial officer (CFO) and Adolfo Chanez executive director of finance and controller for Saddleback Memorial Medical Center in Laguna Hills and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center in Fountain Valley. Coley most recently was MemorialCare’s system vice president for finance and decision support. Chanez has been Saddleback Memorial's CFO since 2010.
- Alliance Health, a digital health and wellness company, appointed Scott Klossner chief financial officer. Klossner has over 30 years of experience in finance and operations and serves on the board of Sidewalk, a software provider for content distribution in higher education....Stanson Health, a clinical decision support and analytics company, named Jeremy Orr, M.D., chief medical officer (CMO). Orr previously was the CMO of Humedica (later Optum Analytics)....Cambia Health Solutions hired Kerry Bendel as chief pharmacy officer. She most recently was director of pharmacy at UCare.
- Boyd R. Buser, D.O., dean of the Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine, was installed Saturday as president of the American Osteopathic Association. He is a fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians and past president of the American Academy of Osteopathy....WellCare of Georgia, a subsidiary of WellCare Health Plans, Inc., named Ryan Randall chief operating officer. Most recently, Randall was the plan chief financial officer for the Indiana Medicaid health plan at Anthem, Inc....Apollo Medical Holdings, Inc., an integrated population health management company, appointed Mihir Shah chief financial officer. Shah joined ApolloMed as a consultant in March 2016; prior to joining ApolloMed, he was CFO of Unitek Information Systems.
- Astellas promoted Executive Director of Oncology Marketing John Demaree to vice president of oncology marketing for Astellas Americas....ProMIS Neurosciences appointed Johanne Kaplan, Ph.D., chief development officer. She most recently was vice president of research at Sanofi unit Genzyme....Bethany Jones joined FormFast as senior clinical solutions manager. She previously was a consultant and health care IT advisor for Advisory Board Co.
- SSA & Co. named Wayne Dix vice president of health care. He most recently was vice president of operations and technology for UnitedHealth Group....Vik Nagjee joined Pure Storage as vice president and chief technology officer of Global Healthcare Solutions. He previously was chief technology officer for Epic Systems Corp....PhaseRx, Inc. promoted Chief Clinical Advisor Gordon Brandt, M.D., to chief medical officer....Juniper Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Alicia Secor president and CEO. She most recently was chief commercial officer for Zafgen, Inc.
- The National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) elected Steve Pitman president. Pitman is an independent insurance broker....Medical Compression Systems appointed Vice Chairman of the Board Gerry Feldman CEO....Jolynda Ward joined Gold’s Gym as senior vice president of human resources. She previously managed employee service for Pillar Hotels & Resorts....PHOENIX Rehabilitation and Health Services promoted Executive Vice President of Development Peter Grabaskas to chief operating officer.
- Global Healthcare Alliance named James Dye vice president of business development. He most recently was chief development officer for MedSynergies....Cardiac Science appointed Devdatt Kurdikar CEO. He previously was general manager of men’s health for Boston Scientific....Martin Emerson joined Monteris Medical as president and CEO. He most recently was president and CEO of Galil Medical....TapImmune, Inc. promoted Strategic Advisor and Member of the Board John Bonfiglio to president and CEO.
- Theranos, Inc. appointed Dave Wurtz vice president of regulatory and quality, and Daniel Guggenheim chief compliance officer. Wurtz previously was senior director of regulatory, quality and compliance for ThermoFisher Scientific, and Guggenheim was assistant general counsel of regulatory law at McKesson Corp....Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. named Ryan Chavez executive vice president of finance and general counsel. He most recently was vice president and general, counsel autoimmune and rare diseases, at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, plc....David Tilton, M.B.A., joined Geisinger Health System as executive vice president and chief integration officer. Tilton previously was president and CEO of AtlantiCare.
- William Braun joined DDS Lab as president and CEO. He previously was president of outsourcing solutions at Steris PLC....Cogentix Medical, Inc. named Darin Hammers president and CEO. He most recently was chief operating officer for Cogentix predecessor Uroplasty....Quantum Health Inc. appointed Scott Kinzer vice president of national accounts. He previously was vice president of employer solutions for SHAPEUP, Inc....Astellas named Joseph Devaney vice president of government affairs and policy in the Americas. He most recently was vice president of federal and state relations at Sanofi.
- MPRO named Leland Babitch, M.D., M.B.A., president and CEO. He previously was executive medical director for The Advisory Board Co....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. appointed Robin Jones, M.D., medical director of Harmony Health Plan. She most recently was medical director for Aetna Inc.’s Aetna Better Health of Illinois....Iroko Pharmaceuticals, LLC promoted President Louis Vollmer to president and CEO....Atabak Mokari joined IRIDEX Corp. as chief financial officer and vice president of corporate development. He previously was a senior investment banker for Wells Fargo Securities.
- Sequana Medical AG named Ian Crosbie chief financial officer. He most recently held the same title at GC Aesthetics Ltd....Deborah Schnell joined Taylor Strategy Partners as vice president and managing director. She previously was executive vice president of sales and marketing at MNG Direct....NextGxDx appointed Rob Metcalf CEO. He most recently was president and CEO for Digital Reasoning....Athenex, Inc. named James Hussey executive vice president of its pharmaceuticals division. He previously was president of Sagent Pharmaceuticals.
- Kaiser Permanente promoted Chief Operating Officer Janet Liang to president of the Northern California region, and Georgia President Julie Miller-Phipps to president of the Southern California region....Geisinger Health System appointed David Tilton, M.B.A., chief integration officer. He previously was president and CEO of Geisinger unit AtlantiCare....Dave Sheehan joined ContextMedia: Health as chief marketing officer. He most recently was president of HY Connect.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Ed Fess, M.D., medical director of ‘Ohana Health Plan. He most recently was president and co-founder of Pacific Healthcare Consultants....HHS promoted acting Deputy Chief Information Officer Beth Anne Killoran to chief information officer....MiMedx Group, Inc. appointed I. Mark Lindy, D.D.S., vice president of key strategic initiatives. He previously was managing director and senior research analyst in biopharmaceuticals and medical technology for Northland Capital Markets/Summer Street Research Partners....Mark Foster joined Trice Medical as chief commercialization officer and vice president of worldwide sales. He most recently was vice president of U.S. sports medicine in the advanced surgical device division of Smith & Nephew.
- Arturo Morales, Ph.D., joined Analgesic Solutions as chief technology officer. He previously was vice president of technology, data science and corporate development for Beryllium Discovery….Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego named Todd Laird chief operating officer for its Institute for Genomic Medicine, and David Dimmock, M.D., medical director of the institute. Laird most recently was an active investor and advisor to a portfolio of early-stage life sciences companies, and Dimmock led the first end-to-end solution of whole genome sequencing….AccentHealth appointed Jennifer Sewell senior vice president of client care and services. She previously was vice president of clinical and quality services at Ceridian Corp.
- The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) appointed Michael Fraser, Ph.D., executive director. He most recently was executive vice president and CEO of the Pennsylvania Medical Society....Health Integrated promoted Chief Revenue Officer Zachary Fritz to CEO....Millar, Inc. promoted President Tim Daugherty to president and CEO....Tony Recupero rejoined SI-BONE, Inc. as chief commercial officer. He previously was president of Catalyst Performance Advisors, LLC.
- Recro Pharma, Inc. appointed Michael Celano chief financial officer. He previously was chief financial officer at Kensey Nash....The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) named Michael Embry president-elect. He is founder and president of Comprehensive Benefits, Inc....NAHU also elected R. Dane Rianhard secretary. He is a founding principal for TriBridge Partners, LLC....Katie Rubinger joined the Alliance for Health Reform as senior health policy associate. She most recently was a policy associate at Advocates for Children and Youth in Baltimore.
- The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) named David Mordo legislative council chair. He previously was NAHU’s New Jersey state legislative chair....DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. appointed Oraida Roman market president of Colorado Springs Health Partners. She most recently was chief operating officer for DaVita unit JSA Healthcare....Jennifer Currao joined ArroHealth as chief human resources officer. She previously was vice president of human resources for Essintial Enterprise Solutions....Corvus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Jason Coloma, Ph.D., senior vice president and chief business officer. He most recently was vice president and global head of Roche oncology business development for Roche/Genentech.
- Brian Toohey joined the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) as senior vice president for international advocacy. He most recently was president and CEO of the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA)....The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) appointed Office of Hematology and Oncology Products Director Richard Pazdur, M.D., acting director of the Oncology Center of Excellence....Cardinal Health named Pamela Kimmet chief human resources officer. She previously was senior vice president of human resources for Coca-Cola Enterprises.
- Faithful+Gould promoted operations director Roger Scott to head of its pharmaceuticals and biotechnology unit....The Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation (ALCF) named David LeDuc executive director. He most recently was senior director of strategic alliances for the organization’s partner, the Addario Lung Cancer Medical Institute (ALCMI)....The Vistria Group portfolio company Supplemental Health Care appointed Lesa Francis president and CEO. She previously was president and CEO of Staffmark....Clayton, Dubilier & Rice named Nitin Sahney operating advisor. He most recently was president and CEO of Omnicare, Inc.
- The North Carolina Association of Free and Charitable Clinics appointed Randolph Scott Jordan CEO. He most recently was CEO of HOPE worldwide, ltd....John Mitchell joined LEERINK Partners as managing director of institutional equities. He previously was managing director of institutional sales at Jefferies & Co....AbilTo, Inc. named Rob Rebak CEO. He most recently was president of consumer solutions for Sharecare.
- Blueprint Bio, Inc. named Edward Jensen chief operating officer. He previously worked for Johnson & Johnson….Collagen Matrix, Inc. appointed Bill Messer vice president of sales and marketing. He most recently was vice president of marketing and medical education for Biomet Spine….Geisinger Health System promoted AltantiCare Senior Vice President of Administration and Executive Vice President Dominic Moffa, M.B.A., executive vice president and chief strategy officer for the health system….Karen Johnson joined WellCare Health Plans, Inc. as chief operating officer of Easy Choice Health Plan. She previously was vice president of clinical services at Health Essentials.
- The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) Board of Trustees named Michael Embry president-elect. Embry is the founder and president of Comprehensive Benefits, Inc., and focuses on small-group benefits, mid-size group benefits, worksite voluntary benefits and small and mid-size self-funded plans....Nonin Medical, Inc. appointed Matthew Prior vice president of business development, Greg Rausch vice president of product development and Jill Wroblewski senior director of marketing. Prior previously was vice president of product development, Rausch was director of advanced technology and Wroblewski was director of business development....Grafton Integrated Health Network selected Chief Administrator Officer James Stewart as the next CEO. He succeeded Jim Gaynor on June 30.
- The American Health Quality Association (AHQA) appointed IPRO Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President Clare Bradley, M.D., president-elect....Leading BioSciences promoted Chief Operations Officer and Chief Financial Officer Greg Doyle to CEO....James Abely joined Psychemedics Corp. as associate general counsel. He previously worked for Goodwin Procter LLP....Adeptus Health Inc. appointed Ricardo Martinez, M.D., chief medical officer. He most recently held the same title at North Highland Worldwide Consulting....Geisinger Health System promoted AtlantiCare Senior Vice President of Administration Dominic Moffa, M.B.A., to executive vice president and chief strategy officer of the company.
- The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) promoted Vice President of Government Relations Pamela Murphy to senior vice president of government relations....Johnson & Johnson named pharmaceuticals unit Vice President of Group Finance Joseph Wolk vice president of investor relations, succeeding Louise Mehrotra, who is retiring....Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer Mark Gergen is stepping down to pursue other opportunities. Board Chairman Rodney Lappe, Ph.D., will assume the role of executive chairman....Continuum Health Alliance appointed Don McDaniel president and CEO. He previously was CEO of Sage Growth Partners.