Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- Aetna Inc. subsidiary bswift said it appointed Sanjiv Anand president and CEO. Most recently, Anand was group president and global capability leader of Xerox’s HR and benefits outsourcing business.... Levine Cancer Institute named Declan Walsh, M.D., the chair of medical support services. He will lead Levine’s Department of Supportive Oncology. Walsh previously held a joint Chair as the Fottrell Professor of Palliative Medicine in the medical schools at both Trinity and University Colleges in Dublin, Ireland....RxWiki Inc. hired Steve Spry as director of mobile development. Spry formerly was director of Mobile Platform SDK Engineering at Austin-based Phunware Inc. RxWiki also named Robert Terrell director of product development. He previously was a product manager responsible for creating the PocketRx mobile application at Praeses.
- Consortium Health Plans appointed James P. (Jim) McNary president and CEO, succeeding Miriam (Mimi) Leonard. McNary most recently was Mercer’s North America Regional Business Leader for Health and Benefits....The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America promoted Robert Zirkelbach to executive vice president of public affairs. He succeeds Josephine Martin, who said she is leaving the association to pursue new opportunities. Zirkelbach has served as senior vice president of communications at PhRMA since 2014.
- The Society for Women's Health Research named Amy M. Miller, Ph.D., CEO. Dr. Miller leaves the Personalized Medicine Coalition, where she served as executive vice president....SA Ignite appointed Matt Fusan director of solutions consulting. He previously held leadership positions at AllScripts and Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina....Anthem, Inc. promoted Scott Towers to president of the company’s dental business. Towers joined Anthem in 2009 as part of its acquisition of DeCare Dental, and most recently was responsible for Anthem’s dental underwriting, product development and analytics.
- Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. promoted Ryan Chavez to chief financial officer. He will also continue to serve as general counsel. Chavez joined Asterias in July 2016 as executive vice president of finance and general counsel. Prior to joining Asterias, Mr. Chavez was vice president and general counsel of Mallinckrodt's Autoimmune and Rare Disease Division....Charlita Shelton, Ph.D., was appointed executive director of Dallas Nursing Institute. She previously served as president of the University of the Rockies....BayCare Health System named Teri Sholder senior vice president and chief quality officer. She previously served as chief quality officer of Kettering Health Network.
- The National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association said Rick E. Munson, vice president of investigations at UnitedHealthcare, was elected chair of the NHCAA Board of Directors. Munson succeeds Nicholas J. Messuri, vice president of fraud prevention and recovery and deputy general counsel at DentaQuest....ChenMed appointed Tom Davis the Atlanta market president for JenCare Senior Medical Center. Davis most recently led a consulting practice in provider managed care strategies and Medicare Advantage turnarounds. He previously served as CEO of Coventry Health Care of Georgia and led Coventry Pharmacy Management Services. ChenMed also named Dennis Skrajewski the Louisville market president for JenCare. He previously was regional president for Integramed Fertility.
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Alexander Santini chief commercial officer, Kiernan Seth, Ph.D., vice president of marketing, and Gary Branch vice president of sales. Santini will have responsibility for all commercial activities in the United States for telotristat ethyl, an investigational oral drug for the treatment of carcinoid syndrome, with Seth and Branch reporting directly to him. Santini joined Lexicon in April 2015; he previously served as executive member and vice president of market access for Bayer U.S. Pharmaceutical. Seth joined Lexicon in November 2014 and Branch joined the company in March 2016....Paragon Bioservices, Inc. appointed Ruby Hofmann vice president, human resources and organizational development.
- Gamida Cell appointed Julian Adams, Ph.D., chairman of the board of directors. Dr. Adams currently serves as president of research and development at Infinity Pharmaceuticals, where he is responsible for the full spectrum of drug discovery, preclinical and clinical development, and regulatory affairs activities....Veracyte, Inc. named Keith Kennedy chief financial officer. He is the former president and chief executive officer of MCG Capital Corporation....WebMD Health Services, a subsidiary of WebMD that provides customizable wellness programs for employers and health plans, appointed Brad Kirkpatrick chief client officer. He previously was chief growth officer at Imagine Health.
- International Medical Group, Inc. promoted Todd A. Hancock to president and CEO. Hancock previously was the company's executive vice president and chief operating officer....Aon Benfield named three executives to its U.S. Accident, Health and Life team to serve on the newly created Managed Care Services platform. Christina Mendez is a managing director in Aon Benfield's Los Angeles office, Thomas Sass is a managing director in the firm's Minneapolis office, and Tom Leonard is a managing director in Aon Benfield Analytics....Crescita Therapeutics Inc. named Executive Chairman Dan Chicoine interim CEO, succeeding Greg Orleski.
- Genprex, Inc. appointed Julien Pham, M.D., chief operating officer. He previously served as founder and chief medical officer at RubiconMD and as a clinical faculty member at Harvard Medical School....The National Pharmaceutical Council’s board of directors elected Joshua Ofman, M.D., Amgen’s senior vice president of global value, access & policy, as its 2016-2017 chairman....Sentry Data Systems, Inc. named John P. Ceraolo chief information security officer. He most recently served as chief security officer for 3Cinteractive.
- Exact Sciences Corp. promoted Jeff Elliott to chief financial officer. A former senior research analyst at Robert W. Baird & Co., Elliott joined Exact Sciences as vice president, business development and strategy, in June 2016....Zipnosis named Scott Brown vice president of product and engineering. Brown previously held several senior executive technology positions, including the founding of his own software company where he developed outpatient care solutions that helped providers manage patients on complex care pathways and treatment plans....Adeptus Health Inc. named Gregory W. Scott, board chairman, to the additional role of interim CEO, following the resignation of Thomas S. Hall.
- Health Center Partners of Southern California appointed Frank Whelan senior vice president for finance. He previously served for five years as the treasurer and chief financial officer of Three Rivers Provider Network....Akriveia Therapeutics named C. Glenn Begley chief scientific officer and Margaret Karow vice president of discovery and preclinical development. Most recently, Begley was chief scientific officer at TetraLogic Pharmaceuticals and Karow was an executive director at Amgen....ESO Solutions, Inc. hired Kenny Schnell as vice president and general manager overseeing the company's electronic health record business for emergency medical services (EMS). Schnell recently retired from Williamson County EMS in Georgetown, Texas, where he served as director for the past eight years.
- BioScrip named Daniel Greenleaf president and CEO, effective Oct. 31. He previously was CEO of HS Infusion Holdings, Inc., which BioScrip acquired in September. Rick Smith, CEO of BioScrip, will become vice chairman of the board....Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc. said Sean Whelan is stepping down as chief financial officer as of Dec. 31 to spend more time with his family. Robin Johnson, vice president of finance and chief financial officer of the specialty infusion division, will take on his duties until a replacement has been appointed....CDPHP promoted Brian Morrissey to president, Practice Support Services, LLC and executive vice president of Partner Solutions at CDPHP. Morrissey joined CDPHP in 1999 and recently served as chief marketing officer.
- xG Health Solutions promoted Steven B. Pierdon, M.D., to chief medical officer. Dr. Pierdon joined xG Health Solutions in 2014 as a senior medical director. He previously was chief medical officer for Geisinger Northeast....Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc. named Chief Financial Officer and Secretary Stephen L. Lemieux interim CEO. Lemieux replaces Shawn O'Brien, who is pursuing other opportunities. Cipher has begun a formal search process for a new CEO....Medical Tracking Solutions, Inc. named Craig Pichanick chief technology officer, leading the organization’s information technology group. Before joining MTS, Pichanick was an executive at OneCallCare Management.
- The Ethics & Compliance Initiative named compliance industry veteran David Childers vice president for marketing and communications. Childers was founder and CEO of EthicsPoint (now NavexGlobal)….OpenMarkets Inc. promoted Chief Technology Officer Michael Finenberg to CEO. He succeeds outgoing CEO and Founder Dan Michalek….The FDA named Peter P. Stein, M.D., deputy director of the Office of New Drugs at the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Until recently, was vice president for late stage development, diabetes and endocrinology at Merck Research Laboratories.
- Healthways said Glenn Hargreaves, the company's longtime chief accounting officer, was appointed interim chief financial officer (CFO). Mr. Hargreaves succeeds Robert E. Dries, who resigned as CFO after just a few months with the company....Horton International - North America, a principal partner of Horton Group International Limited, named James D. Utterback a managing director in the firm's healthcare and life sciences practice focusing within the healthcare information technology and services sectors. Utterback comes to Horton International from another executive search firm where he completed numerous executive search assignments including chief information officers, chief technology officers, and chief information security officers.
- Varian Medical Systems said Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Elisha W. Finney has announced her intention to retire. She will remain in her current role until a successor is named, which Varian expects will occur during the fiscal year 2017.... Science Exchange appointed Christopher L. Crucitti chief commercial officer. He most recently was executive vice president of global business development at Worldwide Clinical Trials....CardioFocus named Omari Bouknight chief commercial officer and Jeff Rynbrandt vice president of U.S. sales. Bouknight previously was vice president of sales and marketing for Cardiac Dimensions, and Rynbrandt held various leadership roles in sales and marketing at Boston Scientific.
- Burson-Marsteller named Henry Engleka chair of the U.S. Healthcare Practice. He previously was a senior consultant and marketing steering committee member at the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center….InMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Alexandra D.J. Mancini as senior vice president, clinical and regulatory affairs. She previously operated a consulting company, True North Synergy, and has been an executive with several biotech companies…. Kineticos hired Glen Martin as senior vice president. He most recently served as senior vice president, medical sciences for Ashfield Healthcare.
- Cognition Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Kenneth I. Moch president and CEO. Moch previously was a managing partner of The Salutramed Group, a strategy consulting firm....Finn Partners named Arielle Bernstein Pinsof a partner in the agency's health practice. She previously was group vice president of the health practice at Makovsky + Company....Heartland Blood Centers hired Alexander Carterson, M.D., Ph.D., as medical director. He was a clinical fellow in transfusion medicine at the Harvard Combined Transfusion Program.
- HealthSouth Corp. said President and CEO Jay Grinney will retire on Dec. 31, 2016. The company appointed current Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Mark J. Tarr to succeed Grinney. The company also said Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Doug Coltharp also will assume responsibility for the company's Information Technology Group and managed care contracting. Finally, Barb Jacobsmeyer, currently president of the inpatient rehabilitation segment's Central Region, will be promoted to Executive Vice President of Operations....Biocept, Inc. named David Moskowitz to the newly created position of vice president, strategy and corporate communications. He most recently was vice president, investor relations at Trovagene.
- Kallyope Inc. appointed Ann E. Weber, Ph.D., senior vice president, drug discovery. She most recently was vice president, lead optimization chemistry at Merck & Co....The Federation of American Hospitals said R. Milton Johnson, chairman and CEO of HCA, will chair FAH’s board starting in 2017. The current board chair is W. Carl Whitmer, president and CEO of IASIS Healthcare....True Health Diagnostics named Gary L. Smith, Ph.D., chief operating officer. Prior to joining True Health, Smith was president of Sonic Healthcare USA and chief operating officer of Med Fusion and a molecular diagnostic startup in Toronto.
- Ketchum promoted partner Amy McCarthy, director of the New York Healthcare Practice, to director of client development for the North America Healthcare Practice. She will be succeeded by Tom Jones, who will serve as a senior vice president as well as director of the New York Healthcare Practice. Jones most recently served as senior vice president and head of the healthcare practice at Makovsky….Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc. promoted Paul Urick to president, effective Nov. 1, 2016. He will succeed Gary Kadlec, who will retire on Dec.31, 2016. Urick previously served as Diplomat's senior vice president of industry relations, pharmaceutical account management, and payor strategy.
- CNA Financial Corp. said Dino E. Robusto will assume the role of Chairman and CEO on Nov. 21. He succeeds Thomas F. Motamed, who is retiring after eight years at the helm....William Cance, M.D., joined the University of Arizona Cancer Center as deputy director and will lead Phoenix-based initiatives at the UA Cancer Center at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center....Advanced Clinical named Stacey Arrambide vice president of biometrics. He previously was senior director, statistics, at Chiltern.
- ContextMedia:Health added four senior vice presidents for life sciences solutions: Doug Rutz, Jeff Kabat, Martin Pitkow and Scott Simpson. Rutz previously was chief revenue officer at ConnectiveRx. Kabat formerly was president and general manager at Demdex. Pitkow joins ContextMedia:Health from SAP SuccessFactors, where he was most recently the global vice president of corporate development and growth initiatives. And Simpson most recently was head of new sales for the South Asia Pacific Region at Google.
- NX Prenatal Inc. (NXPN) appointed Kevin P. Rosenblatt, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer and chief scientific officer. Prior to joining NXPN, he was chief scientific officer, chief medical officer and clinical laboratory director at CompanionDx's CLIA/CAP certified reference lab.... Concordia International Corp. said CEO Mark L. Thompson will step down following the appointment of a successor. A search is underway....The American College of Emergency Physicians named Rebecca Parker, M.D., president. Parker is senior vice president of practice and payment integration for Envision Healthcare and an emergency physician for Vista Health in Waukegan, Ill.
- The Generic Pharmaceutical Association named Jeffrey K. Francer senior vice president and general counsel, beginning Nov. 14. Francer previously served as associate chief counsel of the FDA….The American Cancer Society promoted Sharon Byers to chief development and marketing officer. Since November 2015, Byers has been the chief development officer….Ardelyx, Inc. appointed Reginald Seeto chief operating officer, a newly created position. Seeto most recently served as vice president, head of partnering and strategy for AstraZeneca.
- Atrin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Gerhard J. Sperl, Ph.D., vice president, chemistry, manufacturing and controls. Dr. Sperl was most recently senior director, manufacturing, for MediVector, Inc....GSW, an inVentiv Health company, named Jon Nelson executive vice president and managing director of GSW-Newtown. Nelson previously was president of DG Connect.... AltheaDx, Inc. hired Andrew Jackson as chief financial officer (CFO). He most recently was CFO and principal accounting officer of Celladon Corp.
- Ortho Regenerative Technologies Inc. appointed Brent Norton, M.D., executive chairman of the board and acting chief executive officer, effective immediately. Norton is currently a venture partner at Lumira Capital, a venture capital fund manager investing in life sciences and biotech companies in North America. He succeeds Edward Margerrison, who is leaving the corporation to assume an executive position with a federal agency....Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana hired Kellie Duhon as community relations consultant. She previously was chief of staff to former Gov. Bobby Jindal’s (La.-R) wife....The Healthcare Distribution Alliance added two members to its State Government Affairs team. Matthew J. DiLoreto joined the organization as vice president, state government affairs. He most recently was senior director, state government affairs, for the National Community Pharmacists Association. Leah Lindahl is senior director, state government affairs, western region. She served most recently as vice president for the Colorado BioScience Association.
- TrialScope appointed Dan Lehman vice president of business development. He most recently led sales efforts for complex customer migrations at ViewPoint Construction Software....ContextMedia:Health named Adam Prowker senior vice president of marketing sciences. Previously, Prowker led the Epocrates analytics groups at athenahealth....Clinicient Inc. appointed T. Kent Rowe as CEO. Prior to joining Clinicient, Rowe served as senior vice president of sales at ZirMed.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. promoted Elizabeth Miller to state president, Florida. She has served as WellCare’s Florida market chief operating officer since 2014....Codiak BioSciences Inc. appointed Benny Sorensen, M.D., Ph.D., vice president and head of clinical development. He joined Codiak from Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, where he was senior director of clinical research....The Alzheimer's Association New York City chapter named Christopher Smith executive director and Anafidelia Tavares, M.D., M.P.H., director of programs. Smith previously was CEO of the Arthritis Foundation’s Great Lakes Region. Dr. Tavares had been a consultant for the Brooklyn Perinatal Network and Greater NYC Komen Affiliate.
- Baylor Scott & White Health selected James H. Hinton to serve as president and CEO. He most recently was CEO of Presbyterian Healthcare Services....P4 Diagnostix named Vito Santarsieri, M.D., division director of GI Pathology. He previously held the roles of senior pathologist at CBLPath, Inc.; medical director at Gastrocor, the GI pathology division of Bostwick Laboratories; and executive medical director at Dianon Pathology, a division of LabCorp....Accolade appointed Harish Naidu chief technology officer and Phong Nguyen executive vice president of product management. Prior to joining Accolade, Naidu was executive vice president at Globalscholar/Scantron. Nguyen previously served as senior vice president and general manager of Concur's Expense and Invoice products.
- The FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research named Jacqueline Corrigan-Curay, J.D., M.D., permanent director of the Office of Medical Policy. She most recently served as a supervisory medical officer with the Immediate Office of the Director at NIH’s National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute....Florida Atlantic University named Phillip M. Boiselle, M.D., dean of the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine. Boiselle now serves as associate dean for academic and clinical affairs and professor of radiology at Harvard Medical School and is a member of the cardiothoracic imaging division at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center....AssureCare named Norm Goldrich chief information officer and chief technology officer. He has served as chief information officer, chief technology officer or chief operating officer for Hobsons, VCS Consulting and Vertical Solutions.
- Cigna-HealthSpring President Herb Fritch will retire from his position effective Nov. 11, and continue to serve in an advisory role to Cigna Corp. through December 2017. Fritch joined Cigna in February 2012 to lead the company through a strategic expansion into the growing senior and Medicare market. M. Shawn Morris, the division’s current chief operating officer, will serve as interim president....James Repp was named president and COO of AvMed, a not-for-profit health plan that provides Medicare Advantage and other coverage in Florida. Repp joined AvMed in 2004 and has since served in various sales and marketing leadership roles, including his recent post of senior vice president and chief marketing officer....Zillion Health appointed Cheryl Morrison Deutsch chief experience officer. She most recently served as executive director of customer experience, collaboration and transformation at Kronos.
- VistaGen Therapeutics, Inc. named Mark A. McPartland vice president, corporate development and investor relations. McPartland previously served as the vice president of corporate development and communications at Stellar Biotechnologies, Inc....Healthcare Associates of Texas LLC said Jeffrey M. Vines joined the company as chief financial officer. Vines was vice president of finance and corporate controller at Adeptus Health Inc....National HealthCare Corporation said Senior Vice President & Controller and Principal Accounting Officer Donald K. Daniel and Senior Vice President and Treasurer Charlotte A. Swafford are retiring effective Dec. 31. Vice President of Treasury Jeffrey R. Smith will succeed Swafford, and Vice President and Assistant Controller Brian F. Kidd will succeed Daniel.
- Regulus Therapeutics Inc. appointed Timothy M. Wright, M.D., chief research and development officer. He most recently was executive vice president of translational sciences at California Institute for Biomedical Research....Capitol Counsel LLC said Ann Jablon has joined the firm as a partner. She most recently served as the long-time chief of staff to Rep. Richard E. Neal (D-Mass.)....Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. named Chris LeMasters executive vice president and chief business officer. LeMasters previously served as the CEO of Promosome.
- Premise Health promoted Chief Technology Officer Haden McWhorter to chief information officer....Carmell Therapeutics added several senior managers. Chief Quality Officer Donna Godward previously was chief quality officer for Johnson & Johnson's Medical Device and Diagnostic Business. Vice President of Research & Development Stephanie Kladakis, Ph.D., most recently was the vice president of R&D for Cohera Medical. And Vice President of Clinical Sciences Janet Vargo, Ph.D., previously was head of clinical development and regulatory affairs at Mentor, LLC.
- CVRx, Inc. appointed Tom Moore vice president for U.S. market development, a newly created position. Moore most recently was the president of a medical start-up company focused on urological disorders....The University of Maryland named Boris D. Lushniak, M.D., dean of the School of Public Health. Lushniak, who will assume the new role on Jan. 9, now is at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, where he serves as professor and chair of the Department of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics and professor of dermatology at the F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine....Accolade hired Ivor Horn, M.D., as chief medical officer. He previously was medical director of the Center for Diversity and Health Equity at Seattle Children's Hospital.
- Superior Dental Care chose Traci Harrell as CEO, succeeding founding CEO Rebecca York. York now will serve as the company's corporate advisor. Harrell joined Superior Dental Care in 1994 and has served as director of sales and chief marketing officer, among other roles….Matrix Medical Network named Maurice Herbelin, M.D., chief medical officer. He most recently served as an independent physician executive consultant to health plans, health care service delivery companies and technology ventures….Astellas appointed Steven E. Benner, M.D., senior vice president and therapeutic area head for oncology, and promoted Anne Keating, Pharm.D., to vice president of clinical science for oncology. Benner previously served in senior leadership positions in clinical development, compliance and licensing at Cell Therapeutics Inc., OncoMed Pharmaceuticals and PDL BioPharma. Keating most recently was executive director and global development project leader for oncology at Astellas.
- Sentry Data Systems named Tom Tran chief financial officer (CFO) and chief operating officer. Prior to joining Sentry in May 2016, Tran served for more than six years as CFO of WellCare Health Plans, Inc….Helix Twelve Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Fred R. Seddiqui CEO. Over the past three years, he has served as an executive advisor to Helix Twelve and a member of its board of directors….WebMD Health Corp. promoted Senior Vice President of Finance Blake DeSimone to chief financial officer.
- PriMed Management, the management services organization for Hill Physicians Medical Group, named Umang Jain chief information officer. He most recently served as senior director, core business applications and integration at Blue Shield of California....Bioness, Inc. appointed Eric Grigsby, M.D., chief medical officer. He was founding medical director of the first pain management center at University of California, Davis Medical Center....Neurotrope, Inc. appointed Chief Scientific Officer Daniel Alkon to the additional role of president.
- Together Health Network appointed Nabil Elie Khoury, M.D., medical director. He also maintains a clinical appointment providing hospital emergency department services at St. Joseph Mercy Health System. Prior to joining Together Health, Khoury held medical administrative and clinical positions at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital and at HCR Manorcare Subacute Rehabilitation Facilities....21st Century Oncology, Inc. named Matthew Anderson executive vice president, strategic initiatives, a newly created role. Anderson previously held various leadership roles at PharMEDium....BenefitMall appointed Misty Baker director of compliance. She previously served as director of health insurance services with the Independent Insurance Agents of Texas.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc. named Chip Parkinson executive vice president for reimbursement strategy, a newly created position. Parkinson most recently was president of Cambia Health Solutions subsidiary OmedaRx and chief pharmacy officer for Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield health plans….HCA Healthcare named Todd Caliva CEO of HCA-affiliated Clear Lake Regional Medical Center. Caliva has been with HCA since 1997. In addition, Mauricio Camargo was hired as senior vice president of planning and business intelligence for HCA Gulf Coast Division. Camargo was most recently an engagement manager at the Houston office of McKinsey & Company.
- The Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare appointed Anne Marie Benedicto vice president. Benedicto was chief of staff and executive vice president of Support Operations for The Joint Commission from 2008 through 2015. Most recently, she was assistant vice president of hospital operations at Montefiore Medical Center, New York…. Assembly Biosciences, Inc. said it made several senior-level hires to advance the company’s microbiome platform. They include Miguel Barbosa, Ph.D., as chief scientific officer of the microbiome program; George Grandolfi, Ph.D., as vice president of drug product and formulation; Steven Cockrill, Ph.D., as senior director of analytical development and quality control; Christopher Hartnett, Ph.D., as senior director of process development; Viktoria Gontcharova, Ph.D., as principal scientist, bioinformatics; and Christopher Howerton, Ph.D., as senior director of strategy.
- The Segal Group promoted Senior Vice President and Benefits Consultant David Brenner to National Director of Multiemployer Consulting at Segal Consulting….WebMD Health Corp. promoted President Steven L. Zatz, M.D., to CEO, effective immediately….Otoharmonics named Damon Boyce, Au.D., senior audiologist, clinical education. Prior to joining Otoharmonics, Boyce served as chief audiologist and sales manager for Westone Laboratories.
- The New Jersey Hospital Asssociation said President and CEO Elizabeth "Betsy" Ryan is stepping down, effective in July 2017. The NJHA Board of Trustees will launch a search to fill the position….EpiThany appointed David Poston as chief operating officer. He previously served as chief financial officer at the Allen Institute….Intrexon Corp. named Lieutenant General (Ret.) Thomas P. Bostick, Ph.D., head of the company's environment sector. He recently retired as the U.S. Army Chief of Engineers and the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Virtual Health appointed Dan Bart executive vice president of information security and implementation. Bart joins Virtual Health after more than 13 years with the U.S. Department of Defense, where he oversaw the implementation and operation of information systems designed to defend DoD’s information network….Radiation Business Solutions named Michael Bauer senior vice president of business development and Robert LoBue vice president of hospital services….Truveris said Faisal Mushtaq is the organization’s new CEO. Mushtaq previously served as senior vice president and general manager, payer life sciences for Allscripts.
- ARC Devices Ltd. appointed Mark Haig Khachaturian, Ph.D., chief technology officer. Khachaturian was previously the vice president of R&D at ABT Molecular Imaging….WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Anat Hakim senior vice president, general counsel and secretary. Most recently, Hakim served as divisional vice president, associate general counsel, litigation for Abbott Laboratories….West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. hired David A. Montecalvo to serve as senior vice president, global operations and supply chain. Montecalvo joins West from Medtronic plc, where he served as vice president, business operations integration.
- CareMore Health System named Mark David Harris, M.D., regional medical officer to lead patient care and clinical operations. Harris previously served as chief of preventive medicine and public health functions at Northern Regional Medical Command/Atlantic Regional. CareMore also appointed Sandeep Palakodeti, M.D., chief of hospital medicine. Palakodeti most recently was an attending hospitalist and instructor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic. And CareMore hired Manisha A. Sharma, M.D., as director of community health and primary care in Shelby County, Tenn. Sharma was clinical innovator for Iora Health in Boston before joining CareMore....Health care mobile communication platform provider CareWire, Inc. named Troy Mashburn vice president, delivery and account management. He previously was a director at Next Street Financial.
- John Meigs, Jr., M.D., a family physician in Centreville, Alabama, was named president of the American Academy of Family Physicians. He served one year as president-elect, four years as speaker and three years as vice speaker of the academy's governing body....aTyr Pharma, Inc. appointed David J. King, PhD, senior vice president, research. Most recently, King served as senior vice president of research at Tunitas Therapeutics....The Global Healthcare Accreditation Program named Karen Timmons CEO. She has served in executive positions at the Joint Commission, Joint Commission International, and Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
- Molina Healthcare, Inc. hired Britt Travis as vice president of Medicare sales. Previously, Travis was vice president of distribution and sales at Highmark, Inc....Nexus BioPharma, Inc. named Helen Stefanovic director of regulatory affairs. She most recently served as manager, science policy, corporate strategic planning and policy at Pfizer Inc....Lannett Company, Inc. said its chief of scientific affairs, Mahendra Dedhiya, Ph.D., resigned effective Oct. 21. A search is underway for a successor.
- Imagine Health said Darin Gordon has partnered with the company as a senior advisor. He most recently led TennCare, Tennessee's Medicaid program, and the state's Division of Health Care Finance and Administration....Ampersand Capital Partners, a health care-focused private equity firm, added Frank Witney, Ph.D., as an operating partner. Witney previously served as president and CEO of Affymetrix....Tim Cunningham was appointed chief financial officer of Organogenesis Inc. Cunningham has spent 15 years in executive leadership roles with startups and larger entities.
- Livongo Health named Dave Engberg chief technology officer. Engberg most recently served as chief technology officer at Evernote....Seyfarth Shaw LLP added partner William B. Eck to its Corporate department in Washington, D.C. Eck comes from the D.C. office of health law boutique firm Hooper, Lundy & Bookman....ZappRx hired Sandy DiCesare as chief operating officer. DiCesare most recently served as vice president of commercial operations at Takeda Oncology.
- EMD Serono promoted Craig Millian to senior vice president, neurology and immunology. Millian most recently served as senior vice president, head of U.S. fertility and endocrinology....Catholic Relief Services promoted Sean Callahan to president and CEO. He is now chief operating officer....Egalet Corp. named Patrick Shea chief commercial officer (CCO). Most recently Shea served as CCO at Clarus Therapeutics, Inc.
- EMD Serono promoted Craig Millian to senior vice president, neurology and immunology. He most recently served as senior vice president, head of US fertility and endocrinology….Legacy Health Endowment appointed Jeffrey R. Lewis president and CEO. He previously was president of the Institute for Healthcare Innovation while concurrently serving as the chairman and CEO of the St. Paul's Foundation health care project….C4 Recovery Solutions, Inc. named Robert Ryberg CEO. He most recently cofounded Peak Consulting Partners, an industry leading financial and management consulting firm. Ryberg has served on C4’s board of directors for the past five years.
- Kevin Schoeplein, CEO of OSF Healthcare System and vice chairperson for the Boards of OSF, said he will retire at the end of 2017. Bob Sehring, CEO of the health system’s Central Region, will assume the role of chief operating officer of OSF HealthCare on Jan. 1, 2017, and will become CEO when Schoeplein retires....Eurofins Bioanalytical Services named Jennifer Ohayon, Ph.D., a scientific director for large molecule bioanalysis. Most recently, Ohayon was the director of clinical operations and R&D at Enzo Clinical Labs....eFFECTOR Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Jeremy Barton, M.D., chief medical officer. He joins eFFECTOR from Pfizer Inc., where he served as the vice president and head of oncology early development and clinical research.
- Opus Bank appointed Sharmila Solanki managing director, healthcare banking. Solanki most recently served at Prosperity Bank as managing director, manager - healthcare lending division….Center Point Clinical Services named Tim Slavin senior director of clinical accounts. Slavin served in sales, account management and commercial team collaboration for companies including Novo Nordisk and Amylin Pharmaceuticals….ClearLight Diagnostics, LLC hired Laurie Goodman, Ph.D., as chief scientific officer. Goodman has served as a consultant to ClearLight since August 2015.
- Healthstat, Inc. hired Phillip Franklin, M.D., as chief medical officer. Prior to joining Healthstat, Franklin served for five years as the corporate medical director for Bayer Life Sciences....Livongo Health said Michael Sturmer has joined the company as senior vice president of the health services segment. Sturmer previously was the chief operating officer for Cigna Corp.’s New York/New Jersey health plan....AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY), one of the largest multispecialty practices in the New York metropolitan area and a partner of New York insurer EmblemHealth, promoted Navarra Rodriguez, M.D., to president and chief medical officer at ACPNY and an officer of EmblemHealth. Rodriguez most recently served as ACPNY’s chief population health officer and chief medical informatics officer.
- Paragon Bioservices, Inc. promoted Peter Buzy to president and CEO. He initially joined Paragon as chief operation officer in October 2014....Brian P. Goldstein, M.D., was named chief health system officer for UW Medicine and vice president for medical affairs at the University of Washington. He is now the executive vice president and chief operating officer for the University of North Carolina Hospitals....21st Century Oncology Holdings, Inc. appointed William (Bill) R. Spalding president and CEO, effective immediately. He succeeds company founder Dr. Daniel Dosoretz, who will continue as a director and will transition to serving as a full-time senior physician with the company. Spalding previously was CEO of PharMEDium Healthcare Holdings from January 2014 until it was sold to AmerisourceBergen Corp. last year. He also formerly served as executive vice president, strategy and managed care of CVS Caremark Corp. and executive vice president, strategic initiatives of Caremark Rx, Inc.
- West Health promoted Zia Agha, M.D., to chief medical officer. Agha will continue to serve as executive vice president of clinical research and informatics and have additional responsibilities for telehealth....QBE North America, an operating division of QBE Group, named Cynthia Oard senior vice president, underwriting leader – healthcare. She joins QBE from Allied World Assurance, where she served as senior vice president – healthcare practice lead....Cain Brothers, a health care-focused investment bank, said Kristin Carey joined the firm as a managing director to lead its coverage of the pharmaceutical outsourcing and specialty pharmaceutical industries. She was previously a senior managing director at Teneo Capital.
- The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) promoted Thomas A. O’Donnell to senior vice president, government affairs and public policy. O’Donnell joined NACDS in 2012 to serve as vice president, federal government affairs....Zosano Pharma Corp. appointed Georgia Erbez chief business officer. She also will continue to serve as Zosano’s interim chief financial officer....Albireo Limited named Paresh N. Soni, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer. He most recently served as vice president, global medical sciences at Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Tony Casciano senior vice president of sales and marketing for the company’s Hematology and Oncology business. He most recently served as the head of marketing for Sanofi US where he led the General Medicine division....BridgeHealth named Laura Casanova director of marketing and communications. She previously was vice president of marketing and corporate communications at WellDyne....Adeptus Health Inc. said CEO Thomas S. Hall intends to retire by mid-2017.
- Orbsen Therapeutics named Larry Couture, Ph.D., CEO. He has experience in cellular and genetic therapeutics, as well as in scientific and business development of leading edge therapeutics....PaxVax, Inc. appointed Philip Moody chief financial officer. Previously, Moody worked for BTG PLC as the chief financial officer for the North American sector. He assumed his new duties on August 29, 2016....Susanne Wilke, Ph.D., joined Neurotrope, Inc. as CEO. Previously, she worked at pharmaceutical companies including Hoffman La Roche, Amgen and Forest Labs.
- CoNextions Medical named Attila Poka, M.D., chief medical officer. Most recently, Poka was chief of orthopedic trauma at Grant Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio, and clinical professor of orthopedic trauma of Ohio University....Miroslav Backonja, M.D., joined Worldwide Clinical Trials as senior medical director of neuroscience, medical and scientific affairs. Previously, he served as the medical director of neuroscience for a phase one unit....Spotlight Innovation Inc. appointed Cassandra MacArthur senior vice president of regulatory affairs and compliance. She will oversee regulatory affairs such as strategic planning for regulatory approvals and preparation of regulatory submissions.
- VAXIMM AG appointed Matthias Schroff, Ph.D., CEO. Most recently, he was the CEO of Mologen AG for ten years....Connecture, Inc. named Jean Landsverk senior vice president of payer solutions. Previously, she was the senior vice president of the National and Blue Cross Blue Shield markets for Trizetto/Cognizant....Cantel Medical Corp. promoted its senior vice president of corporate development Seth Yellin to executive vice president of strategy and corporate development. He joined the company in April 2012.
- The Georgia Dental Association tapped Ben Jernigan Jr.as its new president. Previously, he was the president-elect of the state association....Damon Francis, M.D., joins Health Leads as chief medical officer. Most recently, he served five years at the Alameda County Health Care Services Agency as the interim director and medical director of Health Care for the Homeless....In the latest leadership shakeup, Crown Bioscience promoted its president, Jean Wery, Ph.D., to CEO. Additionally, co-founder Alex Wu, Ph.D., will now serve as president and chief strategy officer, and Eva Ho was appointed chief financial officer.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners appointed Peter Hartt, director of New Jersey's Insurance Division, to represent the NAIC on the Financial Stability Oversight Council, a 15-member group of the nation's chief financial regulators that was created by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Protection and Consumer Protection Act in 2010. He will succeed North Dakota Insurance Commissioner Adam Hamm, who is scheduled to bow out in September....Serum appointed Robert Grammatica executive vice president and managing director. Most recently, Grammatica was the global chief healthcare officer and managing director for RAPP Worldwide at its New York office....Mark Leenay, M.D., joined WellCare Health Plans Inc as chief medical director, care model. Previously, he served as senior vice president and chief medical officer at Optum Global.
- Massachusetts-based BeiGene, Ltd named Amy Peterson, M.D., chief medical officer. Before joining the company in 2015, Peterson served as vice president of clinical development at Medivation...Michael Consedine joins Aegon NV as global head of government and policy affairs. Prior to joining the company in 2015, he served as the insurance commissioner for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. subsidiary WellCare of Kentucky named William Jones state president. Previously, he was vice president of payment integrity and government business operations for Highmark, Inc.
- Icagen, Inc. named Chris Mathes, M.D., chief commercial officer. Previously, Mathes managed North American business development efforts for discovery services at Charles River Laboratories....TapImmune Inc appointed Michael Loiacono chief financial officer and chief accounting officer. He served as a finance consultant for the company since March 2016....Martine Singer joined Children's Institute, Inc. (CII) as the new president and CEO, effective Nov. 7. She served as president and CEO of Para Los Niños since 2012.
- ClearDATA has named Pat Cathey chief revenue officer. She has more than 30 years of experience in sales, marketing, consulting and client relations from Fujitsu Americas, Rackspace, Avnet, Arrow Electronics and IBM....MYidealDOCTOR, a company focused on cloud-based telemedicine and mHealth services, has tapped David Buxton, M.D., as chief medical officer for behavioral health....Balamurali Ambati, Ph.D., M.D., has joined ForeverGreen Worldwide Corp.’s scientific advisory board.
- Chief medical strategy officer for Sinai Health System, Gary Newton, M.D., was promoted to president and CEO, effective Oct. 3, 2016. In the past, Newton served as the head of the division of cardiology at the University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital, from 2009 through 2013....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Rhonda Mims senior vice president and chief public affairs officer. Previously, she was the managing director of corporate social responsibility at Paul Hastings, LLP....Daryl Gaugler joined Spectra BioPharma Selling Solutions as president. Previously, he was the head of North American Commercial Solutions.
- Spyryx Biosciences, Inc. named Alistair Wheeler, M.D., chief medical officer, who will oversee all clinical and medical operations and linked regulatory strategies. Previously, Wheeler served as global head of clinical development, respiratory medicine and biotherapeutics for Sunovion Pharmaceuticals....ESO Solutions, Inc., appointed Jennifer Mabe chief financial officer. Most recently, she was the chief financial officer for DataTrak International....Leigh Errico joins Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. as vice president of human resources for the U.S. administrative and commercial group. She holds more than 18 years of HR experience.
- ACell named Brad Adams vice president of sales. He was previously executive vice president, commercial for Smith & Nephew, Inc.... USANA Health Sciences appointed Rob Sinnott, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. He holds more than 25 years of experience and leadership in life sciences, chemistry, biotechnology, and nutrition....Richard Bierly joins Impax Laboratories’ Board of Directors. Previously, Bierly served as chief financial officer for Medivation.
- Nicole Latimer joined StayWell Company, LLC as its new president. Previously, Latimer worked for Advisory Board Company....BioLineRx tapped Philip Serlin as its new CEO — who will assume his new role on October 10, 2016 — succeeding Kinneret Savitsky, Ph.D. In 2009, Serlin joined the company as chief financial and operating officer....The Bloc, a New York-based health creative engagement agency, has appointed Barbara LePetri, M.D., senior vice president director of medical and scientific services. She most recently served as the head of the Lipitor medical team at Pfizer.
- Alphaeon Corp. said it named Murthy Simhambhatla Ph.D., CEO and president. Simhambhatla succeeds Robert Grant, who was named vice chairman of the company’s board of directors....ContextMedia:Health named Madan Nagaldinne chief people officer. Previously, Nagaldinne worked for Facebook Inc., overseeing the HR function for all of the company's global sales teams....Invetech appointed Ankush Kaul vice president and general manager of its Dover Motion division. Most recently, Kaul served as general manager at Tektronix Encore.
- ProclaRx appointed Doug Martin chief operating officer. He most recently served as a director of corporate strategy for Applied Bio Ventures....Washington State Hospital Association promoted its executive vice president Cassie Sauer to CEO. She succeeds outgoing CEO Scott Bond....Chris Dobbins joined Stradis Healthcare as vice president of finance. Previously, Dobbins served as director of financial operations for Medline.
- AMGA named Brec Huseby director of AMGA Consulting. Previously, Huseby was an independent health care consultant and served as senior vice president of leasing and development at Frauenshuh Healthcare Real Estate Solutions....Cassidy Tsay, M.D., joined CAPG as vice president of business development. Previously, she worked at Blue Shield of California, serving as a regional medical director....Intervention Insights, a health information services company focused on molecular oncology, tapped Steven Jones as its new CEO. Most recently, he served as chief acquisition officer at Dental Services Group.
- Sovereign Health appointed Veena Kumari, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. She most recently served as a professor of experimental psychology at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience at King's College London, UK….Boca Raton Regional Hospital named Frank D. Vrionis, M.D., Ph.D., director of the organization's Marcus Neuroscience Institute. He now is chief of neurosurgery at the Moffitt Cancer Center and professor of neurosurgery, orthopedics and oncology at the University of South Florida….Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. said Jerome Zeldis, M.D., Ph.D., was named chief medical officer and president of clinical development. Zeldis previously was the chief medical officer of Celgene Corp.
- Eli Lilly and Co. Chairman, President and CEO John Lechleiter, Ph.D., is retiring at the end of the year, but will remain on the board until May 31, 2017. Senior Vice President and Lilly Bio-Medicines President David Ricks will succeed him…. GNC Holdings, Inc. named Independent Director Robert Moran interim CEO. He succeeds Michael Archbold, who is leaving the company.
- Lannett Co., Inc. promoted Director of Regulatory Affairs Kristie Stephens to vice president of regulatory affairs and chief compliance officer, and Corporate Controller John Kozowski to vice president of financial operations and corporate controller....Gradalis, Inc. named Martin Birkhofer, M.D., senior vice president and chief medical officer. He previously was chief medical officer for NuCana BioMed Ltd.
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation appointed Elisabeth “Libby” Rosenthal, M.D., editor-in-chief of Kaiser Health News. She previously was a health reporter for The New York Times....HCA Holdings, Inc. promoted TriStar Centennial Medical Center CEO Heather Rohan to president of its TriStar Division....Thomas Arnst joined Millennium Health as chief administrative officer. He most recently was executive vice president, chief administrative officer, general counsel, head of global human resources and corporate secretary for Expert Global Solutions, now a unit of Alorica, Inc.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan appointed Vice President of Enterprise Ancillary Business Kevin Stutler president and CEO of LifeSecure Insurance Co. He will maintain his current role....Impax Laboratories, Inc. named Douglas Boothe president of its generics division. He most recently was executive vice president and general manager of Perrigo Co. Plc.
- Sunu Chandy joined the HHS Office for Civil Rights as deputy director for civil rights. Chandy most recently was a policy consultant in federal advocacy for the Ms. Foundation, and spent 15 years with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission....Biostage, Inc. appointed Harout DerSimonian, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. He previously was assistant professor and post-doctoral fellow at Harvard Medical School....Restoration Robotics, Inc. named Ryan Rhodes president and CEO. He most recently was director of marketing for Intuitive Surgical Inc.
- InfuSystem Holdings, Inc. named Christopher Downs executive vice president and interim chief financial officer and Trent Smith executive vice president, corporate controller and chief accounting officer. Downs was InfuSystem’s vice president and treasurer and Smith was vice president and corporate controller. Downs and Smith replaced Chief Financial Officer Jonathan P. Foster, who resigned to take on the CFO role at another public company....Health Alliance Plan named Michael Genord, M.D., CEO of HAP Midwest Health Plan. Genord was president and CEO of HealthPlus of Michigan at the time the company merged with HAP in February 2016....Array BioPharma appointed Jason Haddock as CFO. He replaces David Horin, who had been acting as Array's interim CFO. Haddock most recently served as CFO and Chief Operating Officer of BERG Health....BERG promoted the company's financial controller, Kevin Coveney, to the position of vice president of finance and controller to replace Haddock.
- PDI appointed Keith St. John vice president of clinical affairs and Debra Hagberg director of clinical affairs. Both roles will support PDI's Infection Prevention business, including PDI Healthcare and Sani Professional divisions. St. John previously was a clinical epidemiologist and clinical program manager at Wolters Kluwer Health, and Hagberg was a clinical program manager, infection prevention, at Wolters Kluwer Health....Jane Harkey was named chair of the Commission for Case Manager Certification. She is a registered nurse, social worker and certified geriatric case manager, and operates a private geriatric care management practice in New Jersey....Adeptus Health Inc. named Frank R. Williams, Jr. executive vice president and chief financial officer. Williams will succeed Timothy L. Fielding, who left to pursue other business interests. Williams most recently was the senior vice president and senior managing director, acquisitions, for Medical Properties Trust.
- Jeffrey E. Johnson, M.D., of the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, was named president of the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society. In addition to leading as president, Johnson will serve on the board of directors of the Society's Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Foundation....MemorialCare Health System, a Southern California integrated delivery system, named Aaron Coley chief financial officer (CFO) and Adolfo Chanez executive director of finance and controller for Saddleback Memorial Medical Center in Laguna Hills and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center in Fountain Valley. Coley most recently was MemorialCare’s system vice president for finance and decision support. Chanez has been Saddleback Memorial's CFO since 2010.
- Alliance Health, a digital health and wellness company, appointed Scott Klossner chief financial officer. Klossner has over 30 years of experience in finance and operations and serves on the board of Sidewalk, a software provider for content distribution in higher education....Stanson Health, a clinical decision support and analytics company, named Jeremy Orr, M.D., chief medical officer (CMO). Orr previously was the CMO of Humedica (later Optum Analytics)....Cambia Health Solutions hired Kerry Bendel as chief pharmacy officer. She most recently was director of pharmacy at UCare.
- Boyd R. Buser, D.O., dean of the Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine, was installed Saturday as president of the American Osteopathic Association. He is a fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians and past president of the American Academy of Osteopathy....WellCare of Georgia, a subsidiary of WellCare Health Plans, Inc., named Ryan Randall chief operating officer. Most recently, Randall was the plan chief financial officer for the Indiana Medicaid health plan at Anthem, Inc....Apollo Medical Holdings, Inc., an integrated population health management company, appointed Mihir Shah chief financial officer. Shah joined ApolloMed as a consultant in March 2016; prior to joining ApolloMed, he was CFO of Unitek Information Systems.
- Astellas promoted Executive Director of Oncology Marketing John Demaree to vice president of oncology marketing for Astellas Americas....ProMIS Neurosciences appointed Johanne Kaplan, Ph.D., chief development officer. She most recently was vice president of research at Sanofi unit Genzyme....Bethany Jones joined FormFast as senior clinical solutions manager. She previously was a consultant and health care IT advisor for Advisory Board Co.