Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- Adam Hamm joined the Chicago office of global consulting firm Protiviti as a managing director in its risk and compliance practice. Hamm served two four-year terms as the North Dakota Insurance Commissioner and served as president of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners….PHOENIX Rehabilitation and Health Services, Inc. appointed James M. Bargerstock chief financial officer. He will perform financial reporting, treasury, audit and accounting functions that previously were handled by Chief Administrative Officer Kimberly Anderson, allowing her to narrow her focus to human resources and billing and collections. Prior to joining PHOENIX, Bargerstock most recently served as vice president of accounting and administration/chief financial officer for SinterMet, LLC.
- The American Medical Association hired Todd Unger as its chief experience officer and senior vice president of physician engagement. Unger joins the AMA after serving most recently as chief digital officer and chief marketing officer at Daily Racing Form, where he oversaw the platform’s successful digital transformation….AccuReg, a front-end revenue cycle technology company, appointed Jase DuRard chief revenue officer. DuRard previously was Zelis Payments’ senior vice president of enterprise provider solutions and Passport Health’s vice president of enterprise solutions….Missouri Health Connection promoted Angie Bass to president and CEO. She most recently served as chief operating officer and interim CEO.
- The National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) promoted Kevin Schweers to director of the Advocacy Center and senior vice president, government and public affairs. The policy, regulatory and federal and state legislative teams will report directly to Schweers. He has served as senior vice president, public affairs since 2011 and joined NCPA in 2009. Scott Brunner joined NCPA as senior vice president, communications and state government affairs. He previously served as CEO of the Georgia Pharmacy Association. And Karry La Violette was promoted to vice president, government affairs and advocacy. She joined NCPA in 2011….The California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) board of administration elected Priya Mathur chair and Michael Bilbrey vice chair of the Pension & Health Benefits Committee. Mathur is a principal financial analyst for the Bay Area Rapid Transit District. Bilbrey is the bookstore operations coordinator at Citrus Community College in Glendora, and is a former president of the California School Employees Association.
- Thomas McCarthy, chief financial officer (CFO) at Cigna Corp., is retiring after 33 years with the company. Eric Palmer, CFO for several divisions, will take over as CFO for the entire company. And Christopher Hocevar was promoted to president of strategy, segments and solutions. For the last several years he has run Cigna’s Select Segment and Pharmacy Benefits Management business….The CareMore Health System unit of Anthem, Inc. named Zupin Eapen, M.D., chief medical officer. CareMore’s prior chief medical officer, Sachin Jain, M.D., moves into the new role of president. Eapen joins CareMore from Duke University….Humana Inc.’s Jim Murray will retire from his post as chief operating officer effective March 31.
- Phil Blando was hired as senior director of corporate communications for Express Scripts, the nation’s largest PBM. He most recently was a volunteer on President Trump’s transition team, and served as lead media spokesman on Tom Price’s confirmation as HHS secretary….Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota said Tom Vanderheyden was named president of diversified business. He most recently was CEO of Harken Health Insurance Co., an independently operated affiliate of UnitedHealth Group….Richard Besser, M.D., was named president and CEO of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, a charitable foundation devoted to health and health care. He is a former acting director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina CEO Brad Wilson announced he will retire this year. Wilson took over the top executive job from Bob Greczyn, who retired in 2010….The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association promoted Justine Handelman to head up its Washington, D.C. office. In April, she takes over for Alissa Fox, who now serves as BCBSA’s vice president for legislative and regulatory policy….EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants named Adam Frugoli vice president of its health care strategy group. He previously was vice president and insurance broker at the Leavitt Group.
- Cota, Inc. appointed John Hervey CEO, succeeding Eric Schultz, who will assume the role of president. Hervey joined Cota's board of directors in 2013 and joined the executive team in 2016….Longitude Capital promoted Josh Richardson, M.D., to managing director, focusing on investments in biotechnology companies. Richardson originally joined Longitude Capital in 2011 from McKinsey & Company….Medinol named Harvey J. Berger, M.D., executive chairman of Medinol US Inc. He is founder and past chairman and CEO of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Centene Corp. appointed former Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster to senior vice president, corporate services….CompuGroup Medical US, Inc. named Benedikt Brueckle CEO. The firm’s current CEO, Werner Rodorff, will continue to serve as chief technology officer. Brueckle previously was an international business consultant and auditor for the accounting firm KPMG in Germany and Luxembourg….AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Vincent J. Angotti CEO and a member of the company's board of directors. He most recently served as CEO of XenoPort, Inc. Angotti succeeds Howie Rosen, who will continue on the AcelRx board of directors.
- WellCare of Georgia, a subsidiary of WellCare Health Plans, Inc., named Sonya Nelson state president. She joins WellCare from Amerigroup Louisiana, where she held leadership roles including state president and chief operating officer….Brain Research Foundation said Scott Serota, president and CEO of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, joined its board of directors….Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. promoted Vice President, Biology and Translational Science Jeffery Kutok, M.D., to the role of chief scientific officer.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey named Thomas R. Graf, M.D., vice president and chief medical officer. Graf has served in clinical and administrative leadership roles at Geisinger Health System. Most recently, he was the national director of population health for Chartis Group….America’s Health Insurance Plans appointed Richard A. Bankowitz, M.D., executive vice president for clinical affairs. He joins AHIP from Premier Inc., where he served as chief medical officer….Swift Biosciences hired Candia Brown as vice president of global marketing. Prior to joining Swift, Brown served as director of single-cell genomics at Fluidigm Corp.
- BeWellnm, the New Mexico public health insurance exchange, appointed Cheryl Smith Gardner CEO. She now is executive director of the Arkansas Health Insurance Marketplace. She succeeds interim CEO Linda Wedeen….NxStage Medical, Inc. named Allan Collins, M.D., chief medical officer. Collins already serves as chair of the company's scientific advisory board. He is a professor of medicine at the University of Minnesota and director of the Chronic Research Disease Group…. Texas Biomedical Research Institute appointed Larry Schlesinger, M.D., president and CEO. He is now chair of the Department of Microbial Infection and Immunity and director of the Center for Microbial Interface Biology at Ohio State University.
- The StayWell Company promoted Nicole Latimer to CEO. She succeeds Bill Goldberg, who stepped down after five years with StayWell and its former parent company, MediMedia USA. Latimer joined StayWell in 2016 as president….Myoderm appointed James Lovett chief operating officer. Lovett previously spent 14 years at Covance, where he led three global business units….The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America board of directors elected Joaquin Duato, worldwide chairman, pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson, chairman of PhRMA’s board of directors. Joseph Jimenez, CEO, Novartis AG, was selected as chairman-elect and Robert A. Bradway, chairman and CEO, Amgen, was chosen as treasurer.
- PatientPoint named Mike Collette CEO. Collette founded the company and served as its CEO until 2012, when he became chairman of the board of directors….Rockport Healthcare Services appointed Michael Wasserman, M.D. chief medical officer. Wasserman is a geriatrician and an assistant clinical professor at UCLA School of Medicine. He most recently served as executive director, care continuum at Health Services Advisory Group, the Quality Improvement Network for the state of California….MedAvante, Inc. hired Susan Vallow as vice president of Patient eSolutions. Vallows previously was senior director and head of patient focused outcomes at GlaxoSmithKline.
- Immune Pharmaceuticals Inc. appointed Ranch C. Kimball chairman of the board of directors. Kimball previously was CEO of Joslin Diabetes Center. He replaces Daniel Kazado, who will remain as a director….Baptist Health System named Trip Pilgrim CEO. Pilgrim previously held that position held from 2005 to 2009. Current CEO Graham Reeve will assume the title of president and chief operating officer….David Norris, M.D., chairman of the department of dermatology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, was appointed president of the American Skin Association. He takes over from Philip Prioleau, M.D., who has held the position since 2014.
- HealthONE promoted Ryan Simpson to chief operating officer of Swedish Medical Center. He previously was COO at the Medical Center of Aurora…. MedAvante, Inc. appointed Susan Vallow vice president of Patient eSolutions. She joins MedAvante from GlaxoSmithKline where she was senior director and head of patient focused outcomes…. MC HealthWorks named Sean Annesley a sales director working with its commercial client base. Annesley held sales positions at Novartis, Sanofi US and Oxford Health Plans.
- Independence Health Group, parent of Independence Blue Cross, appointed Gregory E. Deavens chief financial officer. Deavens previously was senior vice president and corporate controller at MassMutual Financial Group….BenefitMall named David Taaffe regional vice president of California, benefits sales, and national head of the Account Services Division. He most recently was senior vice president of business development at LifeMap….WellCare Health Plans, Inc. appointed W. Lee Bowers chief operating officer, Florida. Prior to joining WellCare, he was vice president of national duals, Medicaid and long-term services and supports network for Humana Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc appointed Luke Miels president of global pharmaceuticals. Miels now is executive vice president of AstraZeneca’s European business….The National Association of Insurance Commissioners appointed Al Redmer Jr., commissioner of the Maryland Insurance Administration, chair of NAIC’s Health Insurance and Managed Care (B) Committee. The vice chair is Lori K. Wing-Heier, director of the insurance division at Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development….True Health Diagnostics named Robert J. Rossi senior vice president and chief compliance officer. Rossi is a former chief deputy attorney general of Pennsylvania overseeing the state's Medicaid Fraud Unit.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Dakasha Winton to the newly created position of chief government relations officer. She will take over duties previously performed by Calvin Anderson, who retired. Winton previously was director of state government relations and associate general counsel….The California Public Employees' Retirement System named Scott Terando chief actuary. He has served as interim chief actuary since the retirement of former Chief Actuary Alan Milligan in September. Prior to that, Terando served as deputy chief actuary…. The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy selected Rebecca Shanahan of Avella Specialty Pharmacy as president and Mike Agostino of Hy-Vee, Inc. as president-elect for 2017.
- John Naylor succeeded Medica’s retiring president and CEO David Tilford. Naylor previously was senior vice president of the Minnesota insurer’s commercial markets division. Tilford, who has led Medica since 2001, will assist with the transition through the end of January. Medica also promoted Paul Crowley to vice president and general manager of commercial markets. He joined the organization in 2013 as vice president and general manager within the commercial markets business unit. Prior to Medica, he worked in the Chicago office of Cigna Corp….Tufts Health Plan named Hyunsook Song vice president of product management and community relations for public plans. Prior to joining Tufts, Song was exchange director at Anthem, Inc. subsidiary Empire BlueCross BlueShield….Mike Kolar was named senior vice president and general counsel at Prime Therapeutics LLC. He previously served as chief legal officer for health care reinsurance start-up MOBE, LLC.
- Humana Inc. promoted Catherine Field to president and Intermountain Region market leader for senior products. She was previously vice president and market leader for senior products for the Intermountain Region, which includes Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Washington….Warren Murrell was promoted to president and CEO of Peoples Health. Murrell, who has served as president and chief operating officer since early 2015, succeeds CEO Carol Solomon, who died in December….John Roberts in February will leave his post as budget director for the state of Michigan to serve as vice president of administration at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
- Families USA named Frederick Appel Isasi executive director. He succeeds Ron Pollack, who said last May that he would retire in early 2017. Isasi now is the health division director at the National Governor’s Association Center for Best Practices…. Henry Ford Health System promoted Wright Lassiter, III, to president and CEO. He has served as system president since December 2014, and succeeds Nancy Schlichting, who retired at the end of 2016….CNA promoted Chris Heckman to vice president, hospitals and captives in the company's health care unit. Heckman joined CNA in 2012 as an underwriting consulting director, and most recently served as assistant vice president, industry leader for hospitals.
- Kathleen Connolly was named executive director, Senior Care Options (SCO) and vice president, Special Needs Plans for BMC HealthNet Plan. She most recently served as vice president of sales, marketing and products, public plans division, at Tufts Health Plan….Concordia International Corp. said John Beighton retired from his current role as president of the international segment, effective Jan. 1. Graeme Duncan, the international segment’s managing director, will replace Beighton as president. Beighton will remain with Concordia as a board member of the international segment….The Big Ten Cancer Research Consortium elected Robert Kratzke, M.D., a lung cancer researcher at the Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota and associate professor in the University of Minnesota Medical School's Department of Medicine, as the inaugural chair of its steering committee.
- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. said Chief Financial Officer Timothy P. Coughlin will step down from his position in mid-February. The company’s board has initiated a replacement search and Coughlin has agreed to continue with the company through 2017 to aid in the transition….Independent Living Systems said it named Bryan Herbert vice president of sales covering the Southeast and Central markets and Korinne Bigelsen vice president of sales covering the Northeast market. Herbert previously served as the regional vice president of sales for DST Health Solutions and Bigelsen served as vice president of sales for MagnaCare.
- The Community Oncology Alliance said Jeffrey Vacirca, M.D., FACP, CEO and managing partner/director of clinical research at New York Cancer Specialists, was elected president of the alliance for a one-year term starting Jan. 1, 2017….BridgeHealth appointed Maria McAfee vice president, labor and government. She previously has worked closely with Taft-Hartley and public sector groups across the country for companies including MaxorPlus and Catamaran….Prime Therapeutics LLC said John Drakulich has rejoined the company as chief sales officer. He had served as Prime’s vice president of sales and market development from 1997 to 2000. Most recently, he worked as senior vice president of business development at OptumRx, and has also held senior sales leadership roles with Anthem and Wellpoint NextRx.
- The American Clinical Laboratory Association promoted Executive Vice President Julie Khani to president. She will succeed outgoing president Alan Mertz, who is retiring but will continue to serve the association in a key advisory role…. BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. named Peter Ginsberg vice president of business development. He most recently headed business development for United Therapeutics….Medac Pharma, Inc. appointed Kevin O'Brien as vice president of sales. He previously served as senior national sales director for Sobi, Inc.
- InMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. appointed Jeff Charpentier chief financial officer and corporate secretary. He previously served as CFO for Lifebank Corp., Inex Pharmaceuticals Corp. and Chromos Molecular Systems Inc….Paul E. Jarris, M.D., senior vice president, maternal and child health program impact at the March of Dimes, was promoted to chief medical officer….ImmunoCellular Therapeutics, Ltd. appointed Anthony Gringeri, Ph.D., CEO and a member of the board of directors. Gringeri has served as senior vice president of strategic resources since 2013.
- Quantum Health promoted Senior Vice President of Sales Michael Formica to executive vice president of sales….Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. hired Bill Tanner, Ph.D., as a senior research analyst covering biotechnology and Steven Halper as a senior research analyst covering healthcare services. Tanner joined the firm from Guggenheim Securities, where he was a senior biotechnology analyst. Halper previously focused on healthcare information technology, managed care and pharmaceutical service industries at several major firms including FBR Capital Markets and previously Lazard Capital Markets.
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center appointed Andrew Wooten vice president of its Center for Technology Commercialization. He most recently was the founding executive director of the Innovation Development Center at Baylor College of Medicine….The California Hospital Association said longtime President and CEO C. Duane Dauner will retire at the end of 2018. The association will launch a nationwide search for his successor….Quest Diagnostics said its board of directors elected President and CEO Stephen H. Rusckowski to serve as chairman of the board. He succeeds Daniel C. Stanzione, Ph.D., who was named lead independent director.
- Misonix, Inc. appointed Stavros G. Vizirgianakis president and CEO. He has served as interim CEO since September….Neighbors Health, LLC. named Tensie Homan Axton chief financial officer. She previously was the office managing partner of KPMG LLP and the partner in charge of transaction services….Civitas Senior Living hired Dionne Motal as vice president of human resources. She previously led a district based human resource team at Sava Senior Care and served as the senior vice president of skilled healthcare prior to its merger with Genesis Healthcare Systems.
- Bioniz Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Paul Frohna, M.D., Ph.D., Pharm. D., senior vice president of clinical development, a newly created position. Frohna most recently was the vice president of clinical development and translational medicine at Receptos, Inc….CytRx Corporation promoted Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer Daniel Levitt, M.D., Ph.D., to the newly created role of chief operating officer. Going forward, Dr. Levitt will continue to serve as CytRx's chief medical officer.
- Juniper Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Jeffrey Young chief financial officer, treasurer and secretary. He most recently served as chief financial officer and treasurer of OvaScience….ResMed named Carlos M. Nunez, M.D., chief medical officer. He previously served as senior vice president of medical affairs for Becton, Dickinson and Company….MemorialCare Health System hired Kristen Pugh as vice president of advocacy and government relations. She recently served as executive director for federal research relations at University of California, Irvine.
- Daniel J. Hilferty, president and CEO of Independence Blue Cross, was elected to a second term as chairman of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Board of Directors….Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey named David Gambino vice president and chief pharmacy officer, a newly created position. He previously was chief strategy officer at Via Christi Health.…Cigna Corp. appointed Ralph Holmes president and general manager for its commercial health care benefits plans in Arizona. Holmes most recently served as president, Aetna Health Inc. of Texas.
- Cody hired Paul Notarnicola as executive director of business development. He previously served in the same role for Change Healthcare Consulting, and also spent seven years in a variety of roles with UnitedHealth Group….West Health promoted Timothy A. Lash to chief strategy officer. Lash will also continue in his role as executive vice president of successful aging for West Health and president of the West Health Policy Center….The National Association of Chain Drug Stores appointed William Tighe vice president of federal government affairs and Amber Manko director of federal government affairs. Tighe most recently served as chief of staff to U.S. Rep. Tom Marino (R-Pa.), chairman of the House Subcommittee on Regulatory Reform, Commercial and Antitrust Law. Manko most recently served as director of federal affairs at CAPG.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota named Aaron Friedkin, M.D., medical director for key accounts. He most recently served as vice president of operations and business development at Imaging Advantage. The Minnesota Blues plan also named Dan Trajano, M.D., senior medical director for the STARS and Risk Adjustment Center of Excellence. Trajano most recently served as vice president and executive medical director of population health at HealthEast Care System....Sovereign Health named Ali S. Zadeh, M.D., executive director of acute care. Zadeh previously was the CEO at Kindred Hospital Cleveland Gateway....Arthrosurface appointed Joe Darling executive chairman. He most recently was chief operating officer at Interventional Spine, Inc.
- Civitas Senior Living promoted Vice President of Operations Cooper Vittitow to chief operating officer....Neogen Corporation named Dan Kephart as its chief science officer, a newly created position. Kephart has served as research and development director for the agribusiness unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific....Muse bio appointed Dr. Kevin Ness CEO and a member of the board of directors. He succeeds Muse bio's founding CEO, Ryan Gill, who becomes the company's chief science officer and remains Slade Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering and executive director of the BioDesign Center at the RAS Energy Institute at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Prior to joining Muse bio, Ness was co-founder, chief technology officer and chief operating officer of 10X Genomics.
- Spotlight Innovation Inc. appointed Chitra Edwin, Ph.D., senior vice president of regulatory affairs and compliance. Edwin is an adjunct associate professor at the College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati, and was the director, Capstone Project, Master's in Drug Development Program....Agenovir Corporation named Dirk Thye, M.D., CEO and a member of the board of directors. Thye most recently was chief medical officer of Cidara, Inc....Ovia Health hired Greg Nash as executive vice president to lead the company's maternity and family benefits solution for employers. Most recently, Nash was the vice president of enterprise sales at Omada Health.
- Caravan Health named Michael L. Sanderson chief business development officer. Sanderson is co-founder of RemitDATA, Inc....The Commission for Case Manager Certification promoted Chief Operations Officer MaryBeth Kurland to CEO....Cricket Health named Carmen A. Peralta, M.D., chair of the firm’s Medical Advisory Board, and Anna Malkina, M.D., medical director. Peralta is an associate professor of medicine at University of California-San Francisco, a practicing nephrologist at the UCSF Nephrology and Hypertension Faculty Practice, and a clinical investigator and co-founder and executive director of the Kidney Health Research Collaborative. Malkina is an assistant clinical professor at UCSF and a practicing nephrologist at the UCSF Nephrology and Hypertension Faculty Practice.
- Second Genome, Inc. appointed Jim Sjoerdsma executive vice president of human resources and Brian Dowd senior vice president of finance. Sjoerdsma previously served in various human resources roles at Genencor. Dowd comes from Johnson & Johnson, where he served as the vice president, controller of Alios BioPharma....Enterome SA appointed Jai Patel, Ph.D., chief medical officer. Patel most recently served as chief medical and scientific officer at NephroGenex, Inc....Simione Healthcare Consultants appointed Anna M. Alvarez senior manager in operations consulting. Alvarez was previously the Southeast regional vice president for clinical operations at Kindred at Home in Louisville, Ky.
- BlueCare Tennessee, the Medicaid subsidiary of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, named Jeremy Martinez vice president and chief financial officer. He previously served in executive finance and operations roles at the Washington state business unit of Centene Corp.’s Coordinated Care subsidiary....Select Medical Corp., a subsidiary of Select Medical Holdings Corp., appointed Scott Nordlund executive vice president, partnership growth and innovation. He most recently was chief strategy and business development officer at Trinity Health....Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey hired Mary Ann Christopher as vice president, clinical operations and transformation. Prior to joining Horizon, she was president and CEO of Visiting Nurse Service of New York.
- Rebiotix Inc. named Ken F. Blount, Ph.D., head of external research. He most recently was an associate research scientist/scholar and translational research coordinator at Yale Cancer Center and Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven....USANA Health Sciences, Inc. said Co-CEO Dave Wentz is retiring from the company. He will be succeeded by the other co-CEO, Kevin Guest, whom the board of directors named CEO. USANA will no longer use a co-CEO management structure....Collagen Matrix, Inc. appointed Oystein Valberg chief financial officer. Most recently, he served as CFO and vice president of finance, strategy and business development for Medtronic's Surgical Technology business unit.
- Personal Genome Diagnostics Inc. appointed Maria Chan, Ph.D., vice president of regulatory strategy. Chan previously was the FDA division director of the Division of Immunology & Hematology Devices at the Center for Devices & Radiological Health, Office of In Vitro Diagnostics & Radiological Health....Western Dental & Orthodontics named Robert A. Eisen chief human resources officer. He most recently was vice president of talent at St. Joseph Health in Irvine, Calif....Ted Waitt, chairman of the Waitt Foundation and cofounder of Gateway, Inc., was named chairman of the Salk Institute for Biological Studies' Board of Trustees.
- ViraCyte, LLC appointed Brett P. Giroir, M.D., president and CEO. Giroir previously served as CEO of the Texas A&M Health Science Center and as the first physician director of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency's Defense Sciences Office....Cornerstone Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Brian Mullaney, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer. Prior to joining Cornerstone, Mullaney was the global head of clinical affairs for oncology precision medicine at Novartis....Nova Medical Centers appointed Catharine Knight regional vice president, network and payor relations. Previously Knight was a community liaison for Centre for Neuro Skills.
- Capital BlueCross appointed Jack Jaroh senior vice president of commercial group sales. Jaroh previously was vice president of client management at Highmark Blue Shield....The Senior Care Pharmacy Coalition named Phil Fogg, Jr., chairman. Fogg is currently the chairman and CEO of Marquis Companies and Consonus Health Care....Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Richard Malamut, M.D., senior vice president, research and development, and chief medical officer. Prior to Avanir, he was the senior vice president of global clinical development at Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- AbleTo, Inc. appointed Clifford A. Farren, Jr. chief financial officer. Farren most recently was vice president of finance for QuintilesIMS’s U.S. business unit....PerfectServe named Greg White chief operating officer. White previously was senior vice president and general manager of Allscripts Healthcare Solutions' TouchWorks EMR Division....Champions Oncology, Inc. said Dr. Philip Breitfeld, a member of the company's board of directors, was named chief strategic and innovation officer. Breitfeld most recently was global vice president at Quintiles. In addition, current CEO Joel Ackerman would become chairman of Champions’ board of directors, while current President Ronnie Morris will take over as CEO. Finally, Dr. David Sidransky, the founder of Champions and current chairman, will assume the role of lead director.
- Aetna Inc. subsidiary bswift said it appointed Sanjiv Anand president and CEO. Most recently, Anand was group president and global capability leader of Xerox’s HR and benefits outsourcing business.... Levine Cancer Institute named Declan Walsh, M.D., the chair of medical support services. He will lead Levine’s Department of Supportive Oncology. Walsh previously held a joint Chair as the Fottrell Professor of Palliative Medicine in the medical schools at both Trinity and University Colleges in Dublin, Ireland....RxWiki Inc. hired Steve Spry as director of mobile development. Spry formerly was director of Mobile Platform SDK Engineering at Austin-based Phunware Inc. RxWiki also named Robert Terrell director of product development. He previously was a product manager responsible for creating the PocketRx mobile application at Praeses.
- Consortium Health Plans appointed James P. (Jim) McNary president and CEO, succeeding Miriam (Mimi) Leonard. McNary most recently was Mercer’s North America Regional Business Leader for Health and Benefits....The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America promoted Robert Zirkelbach to executive vice president of public affairs. He succeeds Josephine Martin, who said she is leaving the association to pursue new opportunities. Zirkelbach has served as senior vice president of communications at PhRMA since 2014.