Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- Ilene Moore joined HealthCare Partners LLC as general counsel. She previously was general counsel at The Permanente Foundation, LLC....Seno Medical Instruments, Inc. named Tom Umbel CEO. He most recently was vice president of business development for Bionventus....Seattle Children’s promoted Interim Chief Information Officer Jeff Brown to senior vice president and chief information officer....BioPharmX Corp. appointed Marie-Louise Bots senior vice president of corporate development. She previously was chief commercial officer for Aon Risk Solutions.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey named Ulises Diaz director of enterprise government affairs, and Michele Jaker and Dominick DiRocco as directors of government affairs. Diaz previously was vice president of government affairs for Verizon New Jersey, Jaker was director of government relations for Anthem, Inc. unit Amerigroup New Jersey and DiRocco was deputy chief of staff for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie....Independence Blue Cross appointed Anthony Coletta, M.D., M.B.A., president of facilitated health networks and executive vice president of Independence. He will continue as president and CEO of Tandigm Health.
- Lighthouse Guild International named Christina Wong chief financial officer and Karen Wish chief marketing officer. Wong previously was chief financial officer for Aetna Better Health of New York, and Wish led marketing for New York Presbyterian Hospital System’s children’s hospitals….Advanzeon Solutions, Inc. appointed Debra Barnett, M.D., medical director. She previously served as a consultant to the company….Orangetheory Fitness named Tim Tanguay chief financial officer and Leslie Daley chief learning officer. Tanguay previously held the same position with Tropical Smoothie Café and Daley was senior vice president of human resources for Gold’s Gym.
- MetaCure appointed Adrian Gilmore CEO. He previously was president of commercial operations for CSP Technologies, Inc....The Health Care Administrators Association named Steve Rasnick vice president. He is president of Self Insured Plans, LLC....Miriam Mobley Smith joined the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) as director of strategic alliances. She most recently was dean and professor at the Chicago State University College of Pharmacy....Innovative Product Achievements, LLC appointed Joseph Gomes president. He previously was senior vice president of operations at MedAssets.
- AccentHealth named Kevin Cohen senior vice president of digital network and Oliver LeDuc vice president of business development. Cohen previously was senior vice president of digital distribution and products at Al Jazeera America, and LeDuc was director of business development at Eliza Corp....TSO3 appointed Harold Tessman chief operating officer. He most recently was managing director and senior consultant for TBM Consulting Group....Raghu Mirmira, M.D., Ph.D., joined Indiana Biosciences Research Institute as research fellow and interim scientific director. He is director of the Indiana University Herman B Wells Center’s Pediatric Diabetes Research Group.
- George Quinoy joined Opsens Inc. as vice president and general manager of U.S. commercial sales and operations. He previously was president of U.S. and APLAC commercial sales for Volcano Corp., a unit of Royal Philips....Nova Medical Centers promoted Vice President of Network and Strategic Development Mark Neer to senior vice president of network and payor strategy....Highmark Health appointed John Paul special advisor to President and CEO David Holmberg. Paul is president and CEO of Allegheny Health Network.
- Spreemo named Daniel Elgort, Ph.D., vice president of health care analytics. He previously was director and global lead of health care big data analytics at Philips….The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) re-elected Rob Feckner board president and Henry Jones vice president. It is Feckner’s 12th term and Jones’ second….GE Healthcare Camden Group appointed Laura Jacobs president. She previously led The Camden Group before GE Healthcare acquired it….Indranil Nandi, M.B.A., Ph.D., joined Vertice Pharma as vice president of research and development. He most recently was vice president of generic research and development for Impax Laboratories.
- Russel Kaufman, M.D., joined Kentmere Healthcare Consulting Corp. as chief medical officer. He previously was chief of hematology/oncology, vice dean and vice chancellor at Duke University....Health Leads named Rocco Perla president. He most recently was director of improvement dissemination and model expansion at CMS and founding director of the CMS Regional Innovation Network....Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. promoted Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Rohan Palekar to president and CEO.
- EHE International named Roy Ramthun chief of policy and regulatory affairs. Ramthun was a health care policy advisor for the George W. Bush Administration in 2003, and spent eight years with Humana Inc. and two years leading the West Health Policy Center....Quality improvement and care management organization KEPRO promoted Meghan Harris to executive vice president and appointed Michael Wolf vice president for government relations. Harris also is the firm’s chief operating officer. Wolf most recently was secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health....EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants said Clarence Bates joined the firm as a principal in the Employee Benefits Practice. Prior to joining EPIC, Bates was a vice president at USI Insurance.
- Health Dialog Services Corp. appointed Scott Maratea senior vice president of sales. He previously was vice president of payer sales for Orion Health....American CareSource Holdings, Inc. promoted Vice President of Acquisitions and General Counsel and Interim Chief Financial Officer Adam Winger to president and CEO....Paul Kim joined Cole Schotz P.C. as member in its new health care group. He most recently was an attorney with Ober Kaler....SleepQuest, Inc. named Bill Vandervennet president and chief operating officer. He previously was chief operating officer for URAC.
- Montefiore Health System named Colleen Blye executive vice president and chief financial officer. She most recently held the same position at Catholic Health Services of Long Island....HemaFlo Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Michael Martino president, CEO and member of the board. He previously was president and CEO of Ambit Biosciences, which was acquired by Daiichi Sankyo....Addus HomeCare Corp. named Dirk Allison president and CEO. Allison is a member of the board and most recently was CEO of Correctional Healthcare Cos....Tim Slee joined Cigna Corp. as head of global individual broker sales. He previously was global sales director at Bupa Global.
- Epistem Holdings Plc named David Budd CEO, effective in April. He previously was general manager of Leica Biosystems in Amsterdam....The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) appointed Rodger Currie executive vice president for advocacy. He most recently was chief of government affairs for the American Psychiatric Association....Richard 'Mac' McCloskey, M.D., joined Renova Therapeutics as executive vice president of clinical development. He previously was vice president of scientific affairs at Johnson & Johnson Development Corp.
- Healthways, Inc. appointed Sean Slovenski president of population health services and Steve Schwartz senior vice president of strategy and corporate development. Slovenski previously was segment vice president of health and productivity solutions at Humana Inc., and Schwartz was vice president of business development and strategy for 23andMe....Valeant Pharmaceuticals named Howard Schiller interim CEO. He is a member of the board and previously was chief financial officer....Epistem Holdings Plc named David Budd CEO. He most recently was general manager of Leica Biosystems in Amsterdam.
- Capital BlueCross named Scott Frank chief information officer. Frank previously was executive director of IT for Aetna Inc.’s Coventry Health Care….In-Shape Health Clubs, LLC promoted Vice President of Personal Training Josh Lyon to senior vice president of sales and Vice President of Group Fitness Ingrid Owen to senior vice president of fitness….Cognition Life Science, Inc. appointed Chuanhai Cao, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. Cao is a research scientist at the College of Medicine Neurology and assistant professor of the Cop Dept. of Pharmaceutical Science at USF/Byrd Institute.
- ACell, Inc. named Patrick McBrayer president and CEO, succeeding Kyle Kerbawy, who will remain chairman of the board. McBrayer is also on the board of directors for Misonix Inc....DaVita HealthCare Partners appointed Chris Miller CEO of Paladina Health. He most recently was founder, CEO and managing director of Trumpet Behavioral Health....Diana Gelston joined Respiratory Motion, Inc. as chief commercial officer. She previously was vice president and market leader for business transformation at Philips Health Systems....Hogan Assessments named Dave Winsborough vice president of innovation. He is the managing director of Winsborough Ltd.
- Pro Mujer named Maria Cavalcanti president and CEO. She most recently was cofounder and managing partner of FIRST Impact Investing....CytRx Corp. appointed Olivia Ware chief commercial officer. She previously was senior director of oncology for Genentech....Joshua Resnick, M.D., M.B.A., joined SV Life Sciences as partner. He most recently was president and managing partner at MRL Ventures Fund, a unit of Merck & Co....Kaiser Permanente named A. Eugene Washington, M.D., to the board of directors for both Kaiser Foundation Health Plan and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals. He is the chancellor for health affairs at Duke University and president and CEO of Duke University Health System.
- Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. named Thomas Lynch executive vice president, general counsel and secretary, and Heather Ace executive vice president of global human resources. Lynch previously was senior legal counsel for Novartis, and Ace was integration leader for Philips HealthTech....Atlantis Healthcare Group Limited (AH) appointed Matthew Walls executive chairman and CEO. Walls is also a senior adviser to White Cloud Capital, which is AH’s primary investor....Jennifer Mensik joined OnCourse Learning as executive director of nursing, medicine and pharmacy education programs. She previously was director of professional practice at Banner Ironwood Medical Center.
- Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH appointed Katina Dorton chief financial officer. She previously was managing director of life sciences for Needham & Co....BioFluidica, Inc. named Rolf Muller, Ph.D., CEO. Muller most recently was cofounder of Biomatrica, Inc....INSIGHTEC promoted Neuro Program Manager Eyal Zadicario to general manager....Marcy Graham joined Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. as vice president of investor relations and corporate communications. She previously held the same title at Tyr Pharma.
- Triple-S Management Corp. appointed Juan Jose Roman-Jimenez chief financial officer. He held the position previously before leaving in 2011 for EVERTEC, Inc.…The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) named Dan Durham executive vice president and head of its health policy division. He most recently was executive vice president of strategic initiatives for America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)….BioDuro, LLC appointed Ian Wisenberg chief financial officer. He previously was managing director of BioGlobal Consulting Group.
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Craig Thompson president and CEO. Thompson previously was chief operating officer for Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals....Analytics for Life, Inc. appointed Don Crawford president and CEO. He most recently was founder and CEO of Sapheon, Inc., now a unit of Medtronic plc....Ron Vaske joined CIVCO Medical Solutions as vice president of finance and business analysis in its radiation oncology unit. He previously led finance, accounting and business processes at McKesson Corp.
- Taylor Strategy Partners (TSP) named Ken Amicon managing director in its executives and professional search practice. He previously was managing partner at Quick Leonard Kieffer....Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy appointed Richard Willis president and CEO. He most recently was president and CEO of SpeedCommerce....Mark Bloom joined Aegon as global chief technology officer, effective Feb. 1. He previously was global head of consumer digital and operations technology for Citigroup Inc....Magellan Health, Inc. named Srinivas Koushik chief technology officer. He previously was founder and CEO of Right Brain Systems LLC.
- Ardelyx, Inc. appointed Paul Korner, M.D., M.B.A., executive vice president and chief medical officer. He previously was president of Ferring International Pharmascience Center U.S. Inc....Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP named Chiquita Brooks-LaSure managing director of Manatt Health Solutions. She most recently was an independent consultant, and before that was deputy center director of the Centers for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight at CMS....Gina Ross Murdoch joined the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America as president and CEO. She previously was deputy executive director for the New Jersey chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown appointed Debra Lee deputy chief of safety in the Cal/OSHA enforcement branch and Eric Berg deputy chief of health for Cal/OSHA under the Dept. of Industrial Relations. Lee previously was acting deputy chief of field enforcement for the agency, and Berg was acting deputy chief of research and standards.... Nicholas Grund joined AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. as executive vice president and chief commercial officer. Grund most recently led rare disease and multiple sclerosis franchises in Asia Pacific and Canada for Genzyme Corp., a unit of Sanofi.
- Kite Pharma, Inc. named Shawn Tomasello chief commercial officer. She previously held the same role at Pharmacyclics, Inc.…HUYA Bioscience International appointed Andy Claude vice president of finance. He most recently was controller at Suneva Medical….Fitwall named JoAnna Tuttle Bergfeld director of studio operations. She previously was president of elements, a women’s fitness brand….Paradigm Health Holding, LLC appointed Dennis LaBrasca president and CEO. He most recently was founder, president and CEO of Paradigm Health Plans, LLC.
- Novavax, Inc. named Mark Twyman, M.B.A., vice president of marketing. He previously was vice president of global marketing for pediatric vaccines at Merck....PDI, Inc. President and CEO Nancy Lurker resigned as the company closes its proposed sale of its commercial services business. Audit Committee Chairman Jack Stover has been named to the role in the interim....Innovatient Solutions, Inc. appointed Henry Schaffer chief financial officer and Ed Kinney vice president of marketing. Schaffer previously was executive vice president and chief financial officer for InSite One, Inc., and Kinney most recently was vice president of marketing at Allscripts.
- Andres Gutierrez, M.D., Ph.D., joined SELLAS Life Sciences Group as chief medical officer. He previously was medical director of ECTR immune-oncology at Bristol-Myers Squibb....Leigh Harris joined Lockton Dunning Benefits as vice president of its health and welfare practice. She most recently was assistant vice president at Roach Howard Smith & Barton....EngenderHealth named Ulla Muller president and CEO, effective March 1, 2016. She currently is regional director of southern Africa for Marie Stopes International (MSI).
- TSO3 Inc. appointed Glen Kayll chief financial officer. He most recently held the same role at Argex Titanium....Vanda Pharmaceuticals named Senior Vice President and European General Manager Gian Piero Reverberi acting chief commercial officer, succeeding Tom Gibbs, who left to pursue another opportunity....Centene Corp. promoted Senior Vice President of Finance in Specialty Services Brandy Burkhalter to executive vice president, Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff Cary Hobbs to executive vice president and President and CEO of Health Care Enterprises Holly Benson to executive vice president.
- Brighton Health Group appointed Simeon Schindelman CEO of Brighton Health Plan Services. He previously was chairman and CEO of Bloom Health....uniQure N.V. named Dan Soland CEO. Soland succeeds Jorn Aldag and most recently was vice president and chief operating officer of ViroPharma....The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy appointed Susan Cantrell CEO. She previously was senior vice president and managing director at DIA.
- KaloBios Pharmaceuticals, Inc. terminated CEO Martin Shkreli. Shkreli and fellow board member Tony Chase also resigned their board seats....AirXpanders Inc. appointed Anthony Carnemolla vice president of U.S. sales and Jennie Kim senior director of global marketing. Carnemolla previously led sales at Invuity Corp. and Kim led marketing and public affairs for Abbott Vascular....VirtualScopics, Inc. promoted Vice President of Operations Ronald Way to chief operating officer.
- The Medicare Rights Center named Deane Beebe vice president of communications and outreach. She most recently was director of media relations and public education at Paraprofessional Healthcare Institute (PHI) and previously was director of communications for the Medicare Rights Center....Fox Chase Cancer Center — Temple Health elected Chief of Head and Neck Surgery and Louis Della Penna Family Chair in Head and Neck Oncology John “Drew” Ridge, M.D., Ph.D., president of the medical staff....Strathspey Crown Holdings LLC named Murthy Simhambhatla, Ph.D., senior partner. He previously was senior vice president at Abbott Laboratories and president of Abbott Medical Optics.
- Health Catalyst appointed Dan Orenstein senior vice president, general counsel and secretary, effective Jan. 4. He most recently was general counsel, senior vice president and board secretary at athenahealth....Eurofins Pharma Services Group named Vimal Patel scientific director of large molecule bioanalysis for Eurofins Bioanalytical Services. He previously was director of business development for ICON PLC....Steve Filler joined Practice Fusion as chief operating officer. Filler most recently was partner in health and life science and strategic IT and ops divisions of Oliver Wyman.
- Eagle Hospital Physicians named Steven Perkins leader of Midwest regional business development. He previously was CEO of South Central Kansas Medical Center....North Dakota Insurance Commissioner Adam Hamm told the Associated Press he will not seek re-election for a third term in 2016. He has not decided what he will do after his term ends....Independence Blue Cross made several promotions: Executive Vice President Yvette Bright will assume the added role of Chief Operating Officer, Senior Vice President Brian Lobley will also become president of commercial and consumer markets, and AmeriHealth Administrators Mike Sullivan will become senior vice president and president of diversified businesses.
- Webster Bank, N.A. appointed Kevin Robertson senior vice president and director of sales for HSA Bank. He most recently was senior vice president and director of operations for UMB Healthcare Services and previously worked for HSA Bank....Ascension named Keith Vander Kolk vice president of Ascension Health and president and CEO of Saint Agnes Healthcare. He previously was CEO of Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare....Douglas Hock joined The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia as executive vice president and chief operating officer, effective Feb. 1. He currently is president and chief operating officer of Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
- FirstCare Health Plans named Paul Marchant vice president of operations. He previously was vice president of national claims center operations for CareCentrix....ABC Financial promoted Vice President of Software Development Daniel Pack to chief technology officer....Sequenom, Inc. named Interim President and CEO Dirk van den Boom, Ph.D., permanent president and CEO....St. Joseph Health promoted Executive Vice President of Strategic Services Annette Walker to division president of its locations in California, Texas and New Mexico after a planned combination with Providence Health & Services.
- Richard Mohs, Ph.D., joined AgeneBio as vice president of clinical development. He previously was vice president for neuroscience in early clinical development at Eli Lilly....AlkaMind named Doug Caporrino vice president of business development. Caporrino is known as a “nutritionist to the stars”....Anthem, Inc. promoted Vice President and Controller Ronald Penczek to chief accounting officer, and Chief Accounting Officer John Gallina to chief financial officer....HealthSouth Corp. appointed Patrick Darby vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary. He most recently was partner at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP.
- Anthem, Inc. appointed President and CEO Joe Swedish chairman of the board. He will retain his current position....Steve Valentine joined Premier, Inc. as vice president of strategic health care management consulting in its west coast division. He previously was president of The Camden Group....The Segal Group named Richard Hiss senior vice president and national director of content, marketing and sales support. He most recently was executive director of functions and industry marketing for KPMG Canada....Metabolon, Inc. appointed Lisa Miller vice president and general manager of precision medicine. She previously was president and CEO of Prometheus Laboratories, Inc., a unit of Nestle Health Science.
- Regional Cancer Care Associates LLC promoted Vice President and Chief Legal Officer Terrill Jordan to president and CEO....Genomind named Zia Choudhry, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer. He most recently was medical director of scientific affairs and research at Premier Psychiatric Group....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. is terminating Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer Steven Goldberg, M.D., M.B.A., effective April 1, 2016. A reason was not given....Crowell & Moring LLP appointed Joseph Miller partner in its antitrust and health care groups. He previously was general counsel to America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP).
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Inc. named Revital Geffen-Aricha, M.Sc., Ph.D., vice president of research and development. She previously was chief resident at the Weizmann Institute of Science Dept. of Immunology....University Hospitals Case Medical Center appointed Daniel I. Simon, M.D., president. Simon most recently was president and director of UH Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute....Michael C. Little, Ph.D., joined Natera, Inc. as senior vice president of research and development. He previously was vice president, research and development, medical affairs, regulatory and scientific affairs, and program management at Novartis Diagnostics.
- Premier, Inc. appointed David Vorhoff senior vice president of corporate development and strategy. Vorhoff previously was managing director of life sciences and health care at Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC....BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. named Joseph Lockhart vice president of manufacturing and supply chain. He most recently was vice president of pharmaceutical development and manufacturing for Salix Pharmaceuticals....Aoxing Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. Chief Financial Officer Wilfred Chow has resigned. Senior Vice President for Finance Guoan Zhang has been named to the position in the interim.
- Avalon Healthcare Solutions named Darlene Burton senior vice president of business development. Burton previously was senior vice president of business partnerships for Magellan Health Services....Wade Nolte joined Twinlab Consolidation Corp. as executive vice president of supply chain. He most recently led global supply chain management for specialty foods at Hormel Foods Corp., a unit of Century Foods International....Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Raj Padmanabhan vice president of information technology. He previously was senior director of IT architecture, quality and processes at Cubist Pharmaceuticals, a unit of Merck.
- Families USA appointed William Lutz communications director. He previously was senior director of communications for Defenders of Wildlife....Profil Institute for Clinical Research named Christian Weyer, M.D., president and chief development officer. He most recently was president and CEO of Fate Therapeutics....Michelle Ronan Noteboom joined Amendola Communications as senior content and account director. She previously was an independent contributor for HIStalk....Cancer Treatment Centers of America appointed Robert Hauser vice president of clinical analytics at CTCA Medicine & Science. He most recently was senior director of the American Society of Clinical Oncology quality and guidelines department.
- Kevin Smith joined Sensium Healthcare as chief commercial officer. He previously was vice president of sales and marketing at Teleflex Medical....The American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) appointed Bradley Pine vice president of education and meetings. He most recently was vice president of education and meetings at the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI)....Sunshine Heart, Inc. CEO David Rosa has resigned. Chairman John Erb has been named interim CEO until a replacement is found....Heat Biologics, Inc. named Timothy Creech chief financial officer. Creech previously was acting chief financial officer for Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Magnolia Health appointed Michael Ruffin vice president of network development and contracting. He most recently was corporate director of physician practices at Pioneer Health Services....Cynthia MacDonald joined Amerigroup Iowa as health plan president. She previously was vice president of government programs for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota....Oregon’s Health CO-OP named Joyce Nuesca, M.D., chief medical officer and Andrew Kaser director of provider engagement. Nuesca has been a practicing physician for nine years, and Kaser has spent 28 years in managed care.
- Northwestern Medicine appointed Jennifer Nam Choi, M.D., chief of the Division of Oncodermatology at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and associate professor in the Dept. of Dermatology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. She previously was founder and director of the Yale Oncodermatology Clinic at the Yale School of Medicine....Natera, Inc. named Jimmy Lin, M.D., Ph.D., chief scientific officer for oncology. He most recently led the clinical genomics program at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Cancer Institute....Centene Corp. promoted Magnolia Health Vice President of Operations Aaron Sisk to chief operations officer of the unit.
- TrialCard, Inc. named Scott Dulitz vice president of market access solutions. Dulitz previously was director of market access programs for Taiho Oncology....Bob Brett joined CareSource as vice president for Medicare. He most recently was vice president for Medicare services at CVS Health....Aegon appointed Allegra van Hovell-Patrizi chief risk officer. She previously was group risk director at Prudential plc....CytoDyn, Inc. named Nitya Ray, Ph.D., senior vice president of manufacturing. She most recently was senior vice president for Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Profil Institute for Clinical Research named Meryl Wiernik senior director of clinical operations. She previously was a consultant to the biopharma industry in operations, quality assurance and vendor management....AARP promoted Maryland Senior State Director Rawle Andrews, Jr., to regional vice president....Steven Altschuler, M.D., joined the University of Miami as senior vice president of health affairs and CEO of UHealth-University of Miami Health System. He most recently was president and CEO of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and The Children’s Hospital Foundation....Oncimmune appointed James Jett, M.D., chief medical officer. He previously was professor of medicine in the oncology division at National Jewish Health.
- Covered California named Kelly Green director of external affairs. Green previously was a principal health consultant for the California State Assembly Health Committee....Flexpoint Ford, LLC appointed Kara O’Brien vice president of investor relations. She most recently was senior marketing and investor relations associate for Brigade Capital Management....Purdue Pharma L.P. appointed Alan Dunton, M.D., senior vice president of research and development. He most recently was founder of Danerius LLC.
- Inivata Ltd. appointed James Clark, Ph.D., vice president of clinical laboratory operations. Clark previously was chief operations officer at Response Genetics....Simione Healthcare Consultants named Rachel Hawkins senior manager supporting clinical consulting for mergers and acquisitions. Hawkins most recently was corporate director of clinical affairs for Almost Family Inc....Ambrx appointed Young-Jiang Hei, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer. He previously was executive medical director at Amgen.
- California Dental Network CEO Stephen Casey is retiring. DentaQuest Director of Sales Brian Watts will succeed him....Kim Ann Mink, Ph.D., joined Innophos Holdings, Inc. as president and CEO. She previously was business president of elastomer, electrical and telecommunications for The Dow Chemical Co....Neurogastrx appointed Baxter Phillips III president and CEO. He most recently was chief business officer of AmpliPhi Biosciences....Bracket named J. Matthew Bond chief financial officer. He previously was cofounder and chief financial officer of Aptiv Solutions....Egalet Corp. appointed Paul Varki senior vice president and general counsel. He most recently was assistant general counsel for GlaxoSmithKline.
- EnteroMedics Inc. named Dan Gladney president and CEO. Gladney previously was director and CEO of Lanx, Inc.…American Well appointed Peter Antall, M.D., chief medical officer. Antall previously founded Online Care Group P.C.…Barbara Berger joined FirstCare Health Plans as vice president of care management services. Berger most recently was director of clinical management for SummaCare….The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) named Paula Eichenbrenner executive director of the AMCP Foundation. She previously was vice president for advancement at the American Society for Nutrition (ASN).
- The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) named Ceci Connolly president and CEO. She previously was managing director of PricewaterhouseCoopers Health Research Institute. Connolly succeeds outgoing President and CEO Patricia Smith.…Profound Medical Corp. named Hartmut Warnken vice president of international sales. He most recently was vice president and general manager for Europe, Middle East, Japan and Asia Pacific and managing director and officer for IMRIS Pte. Ltd., IMRIS Germany GmbH and IMRIS KK Japan....Cody Consulting appointed Kevin LeBlanc vice president of business development. LeBlanc previously was vice president of national business development for HealthPlanOne....Ada Braun, M.D., Ph.D., joined Arog Pharmaceuticals, Inc. as senior vice president of clinical development. Braun most recently was chief medical officer at Biothera.
- HealthNow New York Inc. promoted Director of Corporate Relations Julie Snyder to vice president of corporate relations....RedBrick Health appointed Patrick Midden vice president of compliance and Andrew Mellin, M.D., M.B.A., vice president and medical director. Midden previously developed compliance programs for Batison Consulting Inc., and Mellin previously led innovation at McKesson Corp....Atlas Genetics Ltd. named Keith Stauffer vice president of sales and marketing. He most recently was vice president of marketing for infectious diseases at Alere, Inc.
- Rick Pallokat joined TWi Pharmaceuticals Inc. as executive vice president of TWi Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. He previously was vice president of sales for Dava....Astellas named Peter Sandor, M.D., vice president and head of the oncology therapeutic area in marketing strategy. He most recently was vice president of global marketing and therapeutic area head, oncology for Amgen....Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana named I. Steven Udvarhelyi, M.D., president and CEO. He previously was executive vice president of health services and chief strategy officer for Independence Blue Cross.
- Practice Fusion named Interim CEO Tom Langan to the position permanently. He previously was the company’s chief commercial officer….Covalon Technologies Ltd. promoted finance manager Danny Brannagan to chief financial officer….Roka Bioscience, Inc. promoted Vice President Lars Boesgaard to vice president and chief financial officer….Anthem, Inc. promoted Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia Commercial Plan President Morgan Kendrick to president of national accounts….Eric Francois joined SCYNEXIS, Inc. as chief financial officer. He most recently was cofounder and chief operating officer for Topi, Inc.
- OticPharma, Inc. named Catherine Turkel, Ph.D., senior vice president of clinical research and development and chief development officer. Turkel previously was vice president of clinical development for neurology and pain at Allergan, Inc....Kathleen Hughes joined Simione Healthcare Consultants as senior manager in clinical operations consulting. Hughes most recently was regional director of operations for Intrepid USA Health Care....Biota Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Mark Colonnese executive vice president and chief financial officer. He previously was chief financial officer of Stealth BioTherapeutics, Inc.
- ArroHealth appointed Chad Kinkead senior vice president of client services. Kinkead previously was vice president of client operations for risk and quality at UnitedHealth Group’s Optum, Inc....Greenphire named Jim Murphy CEO. He most recently was president and managing director of Almac Clinical Technologies....The American Board of Medical Specialties appointed Jennifer Fronek vice president of finance. She previously held the same position with United Way of Metropolitan Chicago....Galena Biopharma, Inc. named Bijan Nejadnik, M.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer. He most recently was executive director of hematology-oncology for Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named James Howatt, M.D., M.B.A., medical director of WellCare of Iowa. He previously was staff vice president and medical director at WellPoint, Inc., now Anthem, Inc....Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Nezam Afdhal, M.D., chief medical officer. He will also remain senior physician at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Liver Center and professor at Harvard Medical School....BeiGene, Ltd. named Zhengming Du, Ph.D., senior vice president and head of chemistry and manufacturing controls. He previously was director and head of process research and synthesis for Roche Pharmaceuticals.
- U.S. Rep. Joe Pitts (R-Pa.), chairman of the Energy and Commerce Committee’s Health Subcommittee, will not seek re-election in 2016....Anthem, Inc. named Jeff Fusile president of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia. Fusile previously was a strategic management consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers....Seattle Children’s Hospital appointed Lisa Rediger Hayward senior vice president and general counsel, effective January 2016. She currently is a partner at Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP....The FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research named John Peters, M.D., deputy director of the Office of Generic Drugs (OGD). Peters most recently was acting director of OGD.
- Marc Garganigo joined OneBeacon Insurance Group as senior vice president of professional liability. He previously was vice president of professional liability for Everest National Insurance Co....The UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust appointed Hershel Harper chief investment officer. He most recently was senior advisor to the South Carolina Retirement Investment Commission....Vaccinogen, Inc. promoted Global Head of Business Development and Strategy Peter Morsing, Ph.D., to chief operating officer.
- Eclipse Aesthetics, LLC appointed Shawn Beddes quality assurance manager. Beddes previously was quality systems architect at PSC Biotech....Astellas promoted Senior Director and Head of New Product Planning in the U.S. Doug Geiger to vice president and head of new therapeutic areas in marketing strategy....Sarika Aggarwal, M.D., joined xG Health Solutions as senior vice president of population health and chief medical officer. She previously was executive vice president and chief medical officer for Fallon Health.
- Children’s National Health System named Catherine Bollard, M.D., chief of the Division of Allergy and Immunology. She previously was senior scientist for the Center for Cancer and Immunology Research at the Children’s Research Institute....G FarmaLabs appointed Cristina Gonzalez CEO. She previously spent two decades in retail pharmacy....Daktari Diagnostics named Donald Hawthorne president and CEO. He most recently was president and CEO of AdvanDx, a unit of OpGen.
- RxStrategies, Inc. appointed Skip Devanny chief revenue officer. He most recently was vice president of sales at Talyst....Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island CEO Peter Andruszkiewicz is retiring in May 2016. BCBSRI will commence a search for his successor....MemorialCare Health System named Yair Katz chief financial officer of Long Beach Memorial, Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach and Community Hospital Long Beach. He previously was assistant vice president and associate university controller at University of Southern California.
- The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) appointed Rebecca Parker, M.D., president-elect. She currently is ACEP’s chair of the board. Jay Kaplan, M.D., initiated his term as president....Shape Memory Therapeutics named Ted Ruppel president and CEO. He most recently was executive vice president and chief financial officer at Vascular Dynamics....Thomas Weir, Jr., joined MedAvante, Inc. as senior vice president of global operations and information technology. He previously was vice president of global engineering at MEI.
- Regent Surgical Health named Chris Bishop president. He most recently was partner and senior vice president at Blue Chip Surgery Center Partners....New Enterprise Associates promoted Principal Sara Nayeem, M.D., to partner....Anthony Mele joined Sovereign Health Group as chief clinical officer. He previously was executive director at Catholic Clinical Consultants.