Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners appointed Peter Hartt, director of New Jersey's Insurance Division, to represent the NAIC on the Financial Stability Oversight Council, a 15-member group of the nation's chief financial regulators that was created by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Protection and Consumer Protection Act in 2010. He will succeed North Dakota Insurance Commissioner Adam Hamm, who is scheduled to bow out in September....Serum appointed Robert Grammatica executive vice president and managing director. Most recently, Grammatica was the global chief healthcare officer and managing director for RAPP Worldwide at its New York office....Mark Leenay, M.D., joined WellCare Health Plans Inc as chief medical director, care model. Previously, he served as senior vice president and chief medical officer at Optum Global.
- Massachusetts-based BeiGene, Ltd named Amy Peterson, M.D., chief medical officer. Before joining the company in 2015, Peterson served as vice president of clinical development at Medivation...Michael Consedine joins Aegon NV as global head of government and policy affairs. Prior to joining the company in 2015, he served as the insurance commissioner for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. subsidiary WellCare of Kentucky named William Jones state president. Previously, he was vice president of payment integrity and government business operations for Highmark, Inc.
- Icagen, Inc. named Chris Mathes, M.D., chief commercial officer. Previously, Mathes managed North American business development efforts for discovery services at Charles River Laboratories....TapImmune Inc appointed Michael Loiacono chief financial officer and chief accounting officer. He served as a finance consultant for the company since March 2016....Martine Singer joined Children's Institute, Inc. (CII) as the new president and CEO, effective Nov. 7. She served as president and CEO of Para Los Niños since 2012.
- ClearDATA has named Pat Cathey chief revenue officer. She has more than 30 years of experience in sales, marketing, consulting and client relations from Fujitsu Americas, Rackspace, Avnet, Arrow Electronics and IBM....MYidealDOCTOR, a company focused on cloud-based telemedicine and mHealth services, has tapped David Buxton, M.D., as chief medical officer for behavioral health....Balamurali Ambati, Ph.D., M.D., has joined ForeverGreen Worldwide Corp.’s scientific advisory board.
- Chief medical strategy officer for Sinai Health System, Gary Newton, M.D., was promoted to president and CEO, effective Oct. 3, 2016. In the past, Newton served as the head of the division of cardiology at the University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital, from 2009 through 2013....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Rhonda Mims senior vice president and chief public affairs officer. Previously, she was the managing director of corporate social responsibility at Paul Hastings, LLP....Daryl Gaugler joined Spectra BioPharma Selling Solutions as president. Previously, he was the head of North American Commercial Solutions.
- Spyryx Biosciences, Inc. named Alistair Wheeler, M.D., chief medical officer, who will oversee all clinical and medical operations and linked regulatory strategies. Previously, Wheeler served as global head of clinical development, respiratory medicine and biotherapeutics for Sunovion Pharmaceuticals....ESO Solutions, Inc., appointed Jennifer Mabe chief financial officer. Most recently, she was the chief financial officer for DataTrak International....Leigh Errico joins Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. as vice president of human resources for the U.S. administrative and commercial group. She holds more than 18 years of HR experience.
- ACell named Brad Adams vice president of sales. He was previously executive vice president, commercial for Smith & Nephew, Inc.... USANA Health Sciences appointed Rob Sinnott, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. He holds more than 25 years of experience and leadership in life sciences, chemistry, biotechnology, and nutrition....Richard Bierly joins Impax Laboratories’ Board of Directors. Previously, Bierly served as chief financial officer for Medivation.
- Nicole Latimer joined StayWell Company, LLC as its new president. Previously, Latimer worked for Advisory Board Company....BioLineRx tapped Philip Serlin as its new CEO — who will assume his new role on October 10, 2016 — succeeding Kinneret Savitsky, Ph.D. In 2009, Serlin joined the company as chief financial and operating officer....The Bloc, a New York-based health creative engagement agency, has appointed Barbara LePetri, M.D., senior vice president director of medical and scientific services. She most recently served as the head of the Lipitor medical team at Pfizer.
- Alphaeon Corp. said it named Murthy Simhambhatla Ph.D., CEO and president. Simhambhatla succeeds Robert Grant, who was named vice chairman of the company’s board of directors....ContextMedia:Health named Madan Nagaldinne chief people officer. Previously, Nagaldinne worked for Facebook Inc., overseeing the HR function for all of the company's global sales teams....Invetech appointed Ankush Kaul vice president and general manager of its Dover Motion division. Most recently, Kaul served as general manager at Tektronix Encore.
- ProclaRx appointed Doug Martin chief operating officer. He most recently served as a director of corporate strategy for Applied Bio Ventures....Washington State Hospital Association promoted its executive vice president Cassie Sauer to CEO. She succeeds outgoing CEO Scott Bond....Chris Dobbins joined Stradis Healthcare as vice president of finance. Previously, Dobbins served as director of financial operations for Medline.
- AMGA named Brec Huseby director of AMGA Consulting. Previously, Huseby was an independent health care consultant and served as senior vice president of leasing and development at Frauenshuh Healthcare Real Estate Solutions....Cassidy Tsay, M.D., joined CAPG as vice president of business development. Previously, she worked at Blue Shield of California, serving as a regional medical director....Intervention Insights, a health information services company focused on molecular oncology, tapped Steven Jones as its new CEO. Most recently, he served as chief acquisition officer at Dental Services Group.
- Sovereign Health appointed Veena Kumari, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. She most recently served as a professor of experimental psychology at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience at King's College London, UK….Boca Raton Regional Hospital named Frank D. Vrionis, M.D., Ph.D., director of the organization's Marcus Neuroscience Institute. He now is chief of neurosurgery at the Moffitt Cancer Center and professor of neurosurgery, orthopedics and oncology at the University of South Florida….Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. said Jerome Zeldis, M.D., Ph.D., was named chief medical officer and president of clinical development. Zeldis previously was the chief medical officer of Celgene Corp.
- Eli Lilly and Co. Chairman, President and CEO John Lechleiter, Ph.D., is retiring at the end of the year, but will remain on the board until May 31, 2017. Senior Vice President and Lilly Bio-Medicines President David Ricks will succeed him…. GNC Holdings, Inc. named Independent Director Robert Moran interim CEO. He succeeds Michael Archbold, who is leaving the company.
- Lannett Co., Inc. promoted Director of Regulatory Affairs Kristie Stephens to vice president of regulatory affairs and chief compliance officer, and Corporate Controller John Kozowski to vice president of financial operations and corporate controller....Gradalis, Inc. named Martin Birkhofer, M.D., senior vice president and chief medical officer. He previously was chief medical officer for NuCana BioMed Ltd.
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation appointed Elisabeth “Libby” Rosenthal, M.D., editor-in-chief of Kaiser Health News. She previously was a health reporter for The New York Times....HCA Holdings, Inc. promoted TriStar Centennial Medical Center CEO Heather Rohan to president of its TriStar Division....Thomas Arnst joined Millennium Health as chief administrative officer. He most recently was executive vice president, chief administrative officer, general counsel, head of global human resources and corporate secretary for Expert Global Solutions, now a unit of Alorica, Inc.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan appointed Vice President of Enterprise Ancillary Business Kevin Stutler president and CEO of LifeSecure Insurance Co. He will maintain his current role....Impax Laboratories, Inc. named Douglas Boothe president of its generics division. He most recently was executive vice president and general manager of Perrigo Co. Plc.
- Sunu Chandy joined the HHS Office for Civil Rights as deputy director for civil rights. Chandy most recently was a policy consultant in federal advocacy for the Ms. Foundation, and spent 15 years with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission....Biostage, Inc. appointed Harout DerSimonian, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. He previously was assistant professor and post-doctoral fellow at Harvard Medical School....Restoration Robotics, Inc. named Ryan Rhodes president and CEO. He most recently was director of marketing for Intuitive Surgical Inc.
- InfuSystem Holdings, Inc. named Christopher Downs executive vice president and interim chief financial officer and Trent Smith executive vice president, corporate controller and chief accounting officer. Downs was InfuSystem’s vice president and treasurer and Smith was vice president and corporate controller. Downs and Smith replaced Chief Financial Officer Jonathan P. Foster, who resigned to take on the CFO role at another public company....Health Alliance Plan named Michael Genord, M.D., CEO of HAP Midwest Health Plan. Genord was president and CEO of HealthPlus of Michigan at the time the company merged with HAP in February 2016....Array BioPharma appointed Jason Haddock as CFO. He replaces David Horin, who had been acting as Array's interim CFO. Haddock most recently served as CFO and Chief Operating Officer of BERG Health....BERG promoted the company's financial controller, Kevin Coveney, to the position of vice president of finance and controller to replace Haddock.
- PDI appointed Keith St. John vice president of clinical affairs and Debra Hagberg director of clinical affairs. Both roles will support PDI's Infection Prevention business, including PDI Healthcare and Sani Professional divisions. St. John previously was a clinical epidemiologist and clinical program manager at Wolters Kluwer Health, and Hagberg was a clinical program manager, infection prevention, at Wolters Kluwer Health....Jane Harkey was named chair of the Commission for Case Manager Certification. She is a registered nurse, social worker and certified geriatric case manager, and operates a private geriatric care management practice in New Jersey....Adeptus Health Inc. named Frank R. Williams, Jr. executive vice president and chief financial officer. Williams will succeed Timothy L. Fielding, who left to pursue other business interests. Williams most recently was the senior vice president and senior managing director, acquisitions, for Medical Properties Trust.
- Jeffrey E. Johnson, M.D., of the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, was named president of the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society. In addition to leading as president, Johnson will serve on the board of directors of the Society's Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Foundation....MemorialCare Health System, a Southern California integrated delivery system, named Aaron Coley chief financial officer (CFO) and Adolfo Chanez executive director of finance and controller for Saddleback Memorial Medical Center in Laguna Hills and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center in Fountain Valley. Coley most recently was MemorialCare’s system vice president for finance and decision support. Chanez has been Saddleback Memorial's CFO since 2010.
- Alliance Health, a digital health and wellness company, appointed Scott Klossner chief financial officer. Klossner has over 30 years of experience in finance and operations and serves on the board of Sidewalk, a software provider for content distribution in higher education....Stanson Health, a clinical decision support and analytics company, named Jeremy Orr, M.D., chief medical officer (CMO). Orr previously was the CMO of Humedica (later Optum Analytics)....Cambia Health Solutions hired Kerry Bendel as chief pharmacy officer. She most recently was director of pharmacy at UCare.
- Boyd R. Buser, D.O., dean of the Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine, was installed Saturday as president of the American Osteopathic Association. He is a fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians and past president of the American Academy of Osteopathy....WellCare of Georgia, a subsidiary of WellCare Health Plans, Inc., named Ryan Randall chief operating officer. Most recently, Randall was the plan chief financial officer for the Indiana Medicaid health plan at Anthem, Inc....Apollo Medical Holdings, Inc., an integrated population health management company, appointed Mihir Shah chief financial officer. Shah joined ApolloMed as a consultant in March 2016; prior to joining ApolloMed, he was CFO of Unitek Information Systems.
- Astellas promoted Executive Director of Oncology Marketing John Demaree to vice president of oncology marketing for Astellas Americas....ProMIS Neurosciences appointed Johanne Kaplan, Ph.D., chief development officer. She most recently was vice president of research at Sanofi unit Genzyme....Bethany Jones joined FormFast as senior clinical solutions manager. She previously was a consultant and health care IT advisor for Advisory Board Co.
- SSA & Co. named Wayne Dix vice president of health care. He most recently was vice president of operations and technology for UnitedHealth Group....Vik Nagjee joined Pure Storage as vice president and chief technology officer of Global Healthcare Solutions. He previously was chief technology officer for Epic Systems Corp....PhaseRx, Inc. promoted Chief Clinical Advisor Gordon Brandt, M.D., to chief medical officer....Juniper Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Alicia Secor president and CEO. She most recently was chief commercial officer for Zafgen, Inc.
- The National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) elected Steve Pitman president. Pitman is an independent insurance broker....Medical Compression Systems appointed Vice Chairman of the Board Gerry Feldman CEO....Jolynda Ward joined Gold’s Gym as senior vice president of human resources. She previously managed employee service for Pillar Hotels & Resorts....PHOENIX Rehabilitation and Health Services promoted Executive Vice President of Development Peter Grabaskas to chief operating officer.
- Global Healthcare Alliance named James Dye vice president of business development. He most recently was chief development officer for MedSynergies....Cardiac Science appointed Devdatt Kurdikar CEO. He previously was general manager of men’s health for Boston Scientific....Martin Emerson joined Monteris Medical as president and CEO. He most recently was president and CEO of Galil Medical....TapImmune, Inc. promoted Strategic Advisor and Member of the Board John Bonfiglio to president and CEO.
- Theranos, Inc. appointed Dave Wurtz vice president of regulatory and quality, and Daniel Guggenheim chief compliance officer. Wurtz previously was senior director of regulatory, quality and compliance for ThermoFisher Scientific, and Guggenheim was assistant general counsel of regulatory law at McKesson Corp....Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. named Ryan Chavez executive vice president of finance and general counsel. He most recently was vice president and general, counsel autoimmune and rare diseases, at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, plc....David Tilton, M.B.A., joined Geisinger Health System as executive vice president and chief integration officer. Tilton previously was president and CEO of AtlantiCare.
- William Braun joined DDS Lab as president and CEO. He previously was president of outsourcing solutions at Steris PLC....Cogentix Medical, Inc. named Darin Hammers president and CEO. He most recently was chief operating officer for Cogentix predecessor Uroplasty....Quantum Health Inc. appointed Scott Kinzer vice president of national accounts. He previously was vice president of employer solutions for SHAPEUP, Inc....Astellas named Joseph Devaney vice president of government affairs and policy in the Americas. He most recently was vice president of federal and state relations at Sanofi.
- MPRO named Leland Babitch, M.D., M.B.A., president and CEO. He previously was executive medical director for The Advisory Board Co....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. appointed Robin Jones, M.D., medical director of Harmony Health Plan. She most recently was medical director for Aetna Inc.’s Aetna Better Health of Illinois....Iroko Pharmaceuticals, LLC promoted President Louis Vollmer to president and CEO....Atabak Mokari joined IRIDEX Corp. as chief financial officer and vice president of corporate development. He previously was a senior investment banker for Wells Fargo Securities.
- Sequana Medical AG named Ian Crosbie chief financial officer. He most recently held the same title at GC Aesthetics Ltd....Deborah Schnell joined Taylor Strategy Partners as vice president and managing director. She previously was executive vice president of sales and marketing at MNG Direct....NextGxDx appointed Rob Metcalf CEO. He most recently was president and CEO for Digital Reasoning....Athenex, Inc. named James Hussey executive vice president of its pharmaceuticals division. He previously was president of Sagent Pharmaceuticals.
- Kaiser Permanente promoted Chief Operating Officer Janet Liang to president of the Northern California region, and Georgia President Julie Miller-Phipps to president of the Southern California region....Geisinger Health System appointed David Tilton, M.B.A., chief integration officer. He previously was president and CEO of Geisinger unit AtlantiCare....Dave Sheehan joined ContextMedia: Health as chief marketing officer. He most recently was president of HY Connect.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Ed Fess, M.D., medical director of ‘Ohana Health Plan. He most recently was president and co-founder of Pacific Healthcare Consultants....HHS promoted acting Deputy Chief Information Officer Beth Anne Killoran to chief information officer....MiMedx Group, Inc. appointed I. Mark Lindy, D.D.S., vice president of key strategic initiatives. He previously was managing director and senior research analyst in biopharmaceuticals and medical technology for Northland Capital Markets/Summer Street Research Partners....Mark Foster joined Trice Medical as chief commercialization officer and vice president of worldwide sales. He most recently was vice president of U.S. sports medicine in the advanced surgical device division of Smith & Nephew.
- Arturo Morales, Ph.D., joined Analgesic Solutions as chief technology officer. He previously was vice president of technology, data science and corporate development for Beryllium Discovery….Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego named Todd Laird chief operating officer for its Institute for Genomic Medicine, and David Dimmock, M.D., medical director of the institute. Laird most recently was an active investor and advisor to a portfolio of early-stage life sciences companies, and Dimmock led the first end-to-end solution of whole genome sequencing….AccentHealth appointed Jennifer Sewell senior vice president of client care and services. She previously was vice president of clinical and quality services at Ceridian Corp.
- The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) appointed Michael Fraser, Ph.D., executive director. He most recently was executive vice president and CEO of the Pennsylvania Medical Society....Health Integrated promoted Chief Revenue Officer Zachary Fritz to CEO....Millar, Inc. promoted President Tim Daugherty to president and CEO....Tony Recupero rejoined SI-BONE, Inc. as chief commercial officer. He previously was president of Catalyst Performance Advisors, LLC.
- Recro Pharma, Inc. appointed Michael Celano chief financial officer. He previously was chief financial officer at Kensey Nash....The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) named Michael Embry president-elect. He is founder and president of Comprehensive Benefits, Inc....NAHU also elected R. Dane Rianhard secretary. He is a founding principal for TriBridge Partners, LLC....Katie Rubinger joined the Alliance for Health Reform as senior health policy associate. She most recently was a policy associate at Advocates for Children and Youth in Baltimore.
- The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) named David Mordo legislative council chair. He previously was NAHU’s New Jersey state legislative chair....DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. appointed Oraida Roman market president of Colorado Springs Health Partners. She most recently was chief operating officer for DaVita unit JSA Healthcare....Jennifer Currao joined ArroHealth as chief human resources officer. She previously was vice president of human resources for Essintial Enterprise Solutions....Corvus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Jason Coloma, Ph.D., senior vice president and chief business officer. He most recently was vice president and global head of Roche oncology business development for Roche/Genentech.
- Brian Toohey joined the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) as senior vice president for international advocacy. He most recently was president and CEO of the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA)....The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) appointed Office of Hematology and Oncology Products Director Richard Pazdur, M.D., acting director of the Oncology Center of Excellence....Cardinal Health named Pamela Kimmet chief human resources officer. She previously was senior vice president of human resources for Coca-Cola Enterprises.
- Faithful+Gould promoted operations director Roger Scott to head of its pharmaceuticals and biotechnology unit....The Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation (ALCF) named David LeDuc executive director. He most recently was senior director of strategic alliances for the organization’s partner, the Addario Lung Cancer Medical Institute (ALCMI)....The Vistria Group portfolio company Supplemental Health Care appointed Lesa Francis president and CEO. She previously was president and CEO of Staffmark....Clayton, Dubilier & Rice named Nitin Sahney operating advisor. He most recently was president and CEO of Omnicare, Inc.
- The North Carolina Association of Free and Charitable Clinics appointed Randolph Scott Jordan CEO. He most recently was CEO of HOPE worldwide, ltd....John Mitchell joined LEERINK Partners as managing director of institutional equities. He previously was managing director of institutional sales at Jefferies & Co....AbilTo, Inc. named Rob Rebak CEO. He most recently was president of consumer solutions for Sharecare.
- Blueprint Bio, Inc. named Edward Jensen chief operating officer. He previously worked for Johnson & Johnson….Collagen Matrix, Inc. appointed Bill Messer vice president of sales and marketing. He most recently was vice president of marketing and medical education for Biomet Spine….Geisinger Health System promoted AltantiCare Senior Vice President of Administration and Executive Vice President Dominic Moffa, M.B.A., executive vice president and chief strategy officer for the health system….Karen Johnson joined WellCare Health Plans, Inc. as chief operating officer of Easy Choice Health Plan. She previously was vice president of clinical services at Health Essentials.
- The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) Board of Trustees named Michael Embry president-elect. Embry is the founder and president of Comprehensive Benefits, Inc., and focuses on small-group benefits, mid-size group benefits, worksite voluntary benefits and small and mid-size self-funded plans....Nonin Medical, Inc. appointed Matthew Prior vice president of business development, Greg Rausch vice president of product development and Jill Wroblewski senior director of marketing. Prior previously was vice president of product development, Rausch was director of advanced technology and Wroblewski was director of business development....Grafton Integrated Health Network selected Chief Administrator Officer James Stewart as the next CEO. He succeeded Jim Gaynor on June 30.
- The American Health Quality Association (AHQA) appointed IPRO Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President Clare Bradley, M.D., president-elect....Leading BioSciences promoted Chief Operations Officer and Chief Financial Officer Greg Doyle to CEO....James Abely joined Psychemedics Corp. as associate general counsel. He previously worked for Goodwin Procter LLP....Adeptus Health Inc. appointed Ricardo Martinez, M.D., chief medical officer. He most recently held the same title at North Highland Worldwide Consulting....Geisinger Health System promoted AtlantiCare Senior Vice President of Administration Dominic Moffa, M.B.A., to executive vice president and chief strategy officer of the company.
- The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) promoted Vice President of Government Relations Pamela Murphy to senior vice president of government relations....Johnson & Johnson named pharmaceuticals unit Vice President of Group Finance Joseph Wolk vice president of investor relations, succeeding Louise Mehrotra, who is retiring....Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer Mark Gergen is stepping down to pursue other opportunities. Board Chairman Rodney Lappe, Ph.D., will assume the role of executive chairman....Continuum Health Alliance appointed Don McDaniel president and CEO. He previously was CEO of Sage Growth Partners.
- Neurotrope, Inc. appointed Paula Trzepacz, M.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer of Neurotrope BioScience, Inc. She previously was senior medical fellow in neuroscience drug development for Eli Lilly and Co....Lumos Pharma, Inc. named Carol Dutch senior director of patient engagement. She most recently worked in marketing and advocacy for Recordati Rare Diseases, Inc....David Paragamian joined Publicis Health as managing director of Razorfish Health. He previously was president of Huntsworth Health unit ApotheCom....Monument Health named Stephanie Motter CEO. She most recently was vice president for quality and clinical strategy at DaVita Healthcare Partners.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. promoted U.S. President Murdo Gordon to executive vice president and chief commercial officer....R&D LifeSciences, LLC named Dan Cooke director of technical sales and research. He previously was national dairy accounts manager for Furst McNess....Regent Surgical Health promoted President Chris Bishop to CEO....American Well promoted Senior Vice President of Research and Development Jon Freshman to chief technology officer.
- The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) named Douglas Hoffner interim CEO. He currently is deputy executive officer for operations and technology for the pension fund. Current CEO Anne Stausboll is retiring....Seabrook House promoted Director of Special Projects Suzanne Mulrain to director of health care collaboratives....Symic appointed Manish Anand vice president of regulatory affairs and quality. He most recently was director of regulatory affairs for Portola Pharmaceuticals....Ravi Mehrotra, Ph.D., joined MTS Health Partners, LP as partner. He previously was global head of biotechnology equity research for Credit Suisse.
- Soligenix, Inc. named Karen Krumeich senior vice president and chief financial officer. She most recently was a consultant to the company....G&W Laboratories appointed Jay Galeota president and chief operating officer. He previously was chief strategy and business development officer and president of emerging businesses at Merck & Co....Mark Smith, M.D., Ph.D., joined VistaGen Therapeutics, Inc. as chief medical officer. He most recently was clinical lead for neuropsychiatry for Teva Pharmaceuticals....HMC HealthWorks named Jon Reid executive vice president of program and business development. He previously was vice president at Catamaran Corp., now a unit of UnitedHealth Group.
- Joseph Gentile joined Plexus Technology Group, LLC as senior vice president of sales. He previously was regional vice president of sales for healthcare IT at General Electric....Amgen promoted Senior Vice President of Manufacturing Esteban Santos executive vice president of operations....Greystone appointed David Varca managing director of health care finance. He most recently was a principal at Ares Management, L.P....Cancer Treatment Centers of America Global, Inc. appointed Rajesh Garg, M.D., president and CEO. He previously was a senior partner with McKinsey & Co.
- Suneva Medical, Inc. appointed Preston Romm chief operating officer. He previously was president of Obagi Medical Products and senior vice president of Valeant Pharmaceuticals....Jaewon Ryu, M.D., joined Geisinger Health System as executive vice president and chief medical officer, effective in September. He currently is president of integrated care delivery for Humana Inc....Polsinelli PC named John Shadegg a shareholder in its national public policy practice. Shadegg is a former Republican congressman for Arizona.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. appointed Thomas Ross, Sr., lead independent director. He currently is a member of the board....SA Ignite Inc. named Eric Kretzer senior vice president of products. He previously was senior vice president of product management at Strata Decisions....Mark Noonan joined The Segal Group as a vice president and health actuary. He most recently was chief actuary at Health Partners Plans....Applied Pathways LLC appointed Steve Lefar CEO. He previously was president and CEO of Sg2, now a unit of MedAssets.
- The American Medical Association swore in Andrew Gurman, M.D., as its 171st president. Gurman is an orthopedic hand surgeon from Pennsylvania….Cor appointed Kate Thorp co-founder and chief marketing officer. She previously was president of AKQA….Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Kevin Lind executive vice president and chief financial officer. He most recently was a principal for TPG Special Situations Partners….Change Healthcare Senior Vice President Stuart Hanson was appointed to the HIMSS Health Business Solution Committee for a two-year term starting in July.
- Delta Dental Plans Association named Jason Daughn vice president of government relations. He previously was managing principal for Three Arch Strategies....Genesis HealthCare appointed Stephen Saville president of CareerStaff Unlimited. He most recently was executive vice president and general counsel for OGH, LLC....Sturdy McKee joined Clinicient Inc. as senior director of client executives. He is also CEO and founder of San Francisco Sport and Spine Physical Therapy....Sunspire Health named Keith Arnold chief marketing and outreach officer. He previously was senior vice president of clinical outreach, marketing and strategic development for Elements Behavioral Health.
- Adverum Biotechnologies named Leone Patterson chief financial officer. She most recently held the same position at Diadexus....Michael Keane joined Millennium Health as chief financial officer. He previously was executive vice president and chief financial officer at Genomatica....DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. appointed Amar Desai, M.D., president of its California coastal region. Desai previously worked for DaVita, but most recently was CEO of the University of Southern California (USC) Medical Group and Ambulatory Services....Eli Lilly and Co. promoted Global Brand Development Leader Aarti Shah, Ph.D., to senior vice president and chief information officer.
- UnitedHealth Group promoted Optum Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer John Rex to chief financial officer of the company....HGS Colibrium, Inc. CEO and Founder Mark Poling resigned to pursue other interests. A successor has not been named....Results for Development Institute promoted Chief Operating Officer Gina Lagomarsino to president and CEO....The Segal Group promoted National Director of Multiemployer Consulting David Blumenstein to president and CEO....Keith Landsdale joined ABC Financial as regional sales director. He most recently was director of national accounts at Netpulse.
- The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) appointed Commonwealth Health and Wilkes-Barre General Hospital CEO Cornelio Catena chair-elect, and Washington Health System President and CEO Gary Weinstein board secretary….The Indiana Biosciences Research Institute named Teresa Mastracci, Ph.D., independent investigator. She previously was assistant research professor in the Indiana University School of Medicine Dept. of Pediatrics….ViewRay appointed Ajay Bansal chief financial officer. He most recently held the same title at Onconova Therapeutics.
- Personal Genome Diagnostics Inc. appointed Abigail McElhinny, Ph.D., senior vice president of research and development. She previously was vice president of assay and reagent development for Ventana Medical Systems, Inc., a unit of the Roche Group....DNA Diagnostics Center named Robert Bosley executive vice president and chief financial officer. He most recently was senior vice president of finance for Serta Simmons Bedding....Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. promoted Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer Thomas Cannell to executive vice president, chief operating officer and president of global commercial products; and Vice President of Finance Jason Keyes to senior vice president and chief financial officer.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) named two co-chief operating officers: WBA Executive Vice President and Walgreens President Alex Gourlay and WBA Executive Vice President and Global Wholesale and International Retail President and Chief Executive Ornella Barra....Homology Medicines, Inc. named James Warren, Ph.D., vice president of manufacturing. He previously led vector development and manufacturing at bluebird bio, Inc....Aventura named Patrick Flynn chief operating officer. He most recently was chief technology officer at Phytel....The VWR Foundation promoted Director of Corporate Communications Valerie Collado to president.
- Jackson Healthcare appointed Jennifer Dangar chief of corporate operations. She previously was chief strategy officer and president of distribution for The Weather Co.…Exact Science Corp. named Jeff Elliott vice president of business development and strategy. He most recently was a senior research analyst for Robert W. Baird & Co.…Intrexon Corp. Senior Vice President Samuel Broder, M.D., is retiring. He will continue to serve as a consultant….David “Skip” Mogill joined Zynex as vice president of operations. He previously held the same title with Surgical Technologies Sector SQE.
- Zynex appointed Rick Luckenbill vice president of finance. He previously was chief financial officer and vice president of finance for CPP, Inc....Sutro Biopharma named Shabbir Anik, M.B.A., Ph.D., chief technical operations officer. He most recently was senior vice president of technical operations for Onyx Pharmaceuticals....Tim Smith joined Cleave Biosciences as chief business officer. He previously was executive director of business development for Celgene Corp....EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants appointed Eric Leventhal vice president in its employee benefits practice. He most recently was area vice president for Gallagher Benefit Services.
- Aptuit LLC named Henning Steinhagen, Ph.D., executive vice president of drug discovery and development. He most recently was senior vice president and head of global drug discovery at Grunenthal....Health Care Service Corp. appointed Eric Feldstein senior vice president and chief financial officer, and Blair Todt senior vice president and chief legal officer. Feldstein previously was executive vice president of American Express Co.’s enterprise growth group, and Todt was senior vice president, chief legal and administrative officer and secretary for WellCare Health Plans, Inc.
- Sentrian, the Remote Patient Intelligence Company, appointed Bryan Ness chief revenue officer and Molly Cogan vice president of marketing and communications. Ness previously was regional general manager for Wellcentive, and Cogan was executive director of the Wireless Life Sciences Alliance….Former CMS administrator Mark McClellan, M.D., Ph.D., joined American Well as vice chairman of the board. He currently is director of Duke University’s Health Policy Center….Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota promoted Chief Information Security Officer Jason Newman to vice president and chief information security officer, and named Kirstie Foster vice president of public relations. Foster most recently was director of corporate and brand communications for General Mills.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan promoted Blue Care Network CEO Kevin Klobucar to executive vice president of the company....Hospital Corp. of America (HCA) appointed Robert Lee CEO of Plantation General Hospital in Florida. He previously was CEO of HCA’s Raulerson Hospital....Doug Marcey joined Plexus Technology Group, LLC as vice president of technology. He most recently was vice president of products and director of engineering for Phase2 Technology....Bryan Coleman joined EAS Consulting Group, LLC as senior director of pharmaceutical and device consulting services. He previously was senior manager of quality programs and projects at Altria Client Services.
- Lakewood-Amedex Inc. appointed Steve Miley, M.D., chief medical officer. Miley is currently a practicing physician and member of the board....Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. named Sam Eldessouky senior vice president and corporate controller. He most recently was senior vice president, controller and chief accounting officer for Tyco International Plc....Elizabeth Staas joined MedAssist as national vice president of business development. She currently is president of the Virginia-D.C. chapter of HFMA.
- Cynosure, Inc. President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer Timothy Baker is retiring. Chairman and CEO Michael Davin was appointed president, and Baker will remain with the company to facilitate the transition....Vigilant Biosciences, Inc. named Michael Donovan, Ph.D., M.D., chief clinical officer. He previously was chief medical officer for MetaStat, Inc....Tara Stultz joined Amendola Communications as senior content and account director. She most recently ran her own health care communications firm....Remedy Partners appointed Carolyn Magill CEO. She previously led payer contracting strategies for Evolent Health.
- Eisai Inc. named Maria Garrigan vice president of global regulatory strategy for its Oncology Business Group. She previously was senior director of global regulatory affairs for Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc....Specialdocs Consultants, LLC appointed Terry Bauer CEO. He most recently was principal and strategy practice leader at Stroudwater Associates....Randy Kriech joined MDRejuvena as president and CEO. He previously was president of Sente....pingmd named Susan Driscoll president and CEO. She most recently was CEO of Wolters Kluwer Health's professional and education division.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (BCBSTN) named Jeanne James, M.D., vice president and chief medical officer of BlueCare Tennessee. She previously was medical director for government programs at BCBSTN....DATATRAK International, Inc. appointed interim CEO and founder Jim Bob Ward CEO and president....Angela Hickman joined MiraMed Global Services, LLC vice president of RA-HCC program strategy and business development. She most recently was senior management consultant for Culbert Healthcare Solutions....Breg, Inc. named Benjamin Hutson vice president of operations. He previously led global operations at Microport Orthopedics.
- BeoCare Group Inc. appointed Matt Valego CEO. He previously was senior vice president and chief commercial officer of Precept Medical Products, Inc....Quantum Health named Scott Doolittle chief financial officer. He most recently was senior vice president of finance and operations for Healthways....John Bishop, Ph.D., joined Genocea Biosciences, Inc. as senior vice president of pharmaceutical sciences. He previously was senior vice president of pharmaceutical sciences at Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc....Regulus Therapeutics Inc. named Allison Wey vice president of investor relations and corporate communications. She most recently was vice president of investor relations for Durata Therapeutics, now a unit of Actavis.
- Flowonix Medical, Inc. named Larry Heaton president and CEO. He most recently was president, CEO and director of Cardiox Corp....BioLife Solutions appointed Jim Mathers vice president of sales. He previously led sales and business development for Stryker Corp....Michael Sokol, M.D., joined WebMD Health Services as chief medical officer. He most recently was vice president of employee wellness and chief wellness officer at Sanofi....ORIG3N, Inc. named Melissa May vice president of product strategy. She previously led product development and commercialization for NetBio.
- Spirox, Inc. appointed Neil Hattangadi, M.D., president and CEO. He previously was business leader of peripheral vascular at Royal Philips….Codiak BioSciences Inc. named Jan Lotvall, M.D., Ph.D., chief scientist. He most recently was professor of allergy and chairman of the Krefting Research Centre at Goteborg University in Sweden….Intrexon Corp. appointed Geno Germano president. He previously was group president of global innovative pharma business at Pfizer….David Collignon joined Blink Fitness as vice president of operations. He previously was vice president of strategic sourcing and procurement for Equinox Holdings.
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island appointed Kim Keck president and CEO. She previously was senior vice president at Aetna Inc....Karl Eisenhower joined the Alliance for Health Reform as director of communications and special projects. He most recently was health editor for RealClear Media Group....The FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research named Julie Dohm, Ph.D., senior science advisor for compounding. She previously was a drugs counselor in the agency’s Office of Chief Counsel.
- Orbis appointed Danny Haddad, M.D., chief of program in charge of its blindness prevention portfolio. Haddad most recently was director of global ophthalmology at the Emory University Emory Eye Center....Fate Therapeutics, Inc. named Chris Storgard, M.D., chief medical officer. He previously was vice president of clinical research and development at AstraZeneca Group unit Ardea Biosciences....Spirox, Inc. appointed Neil Hattangadi, M.D., president and CEO. He most recently was executive vice president and general manager of peripheral vascular and global clinical affairs at Volcano Corp.
- David Jacobson joined Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield as vice president of Medicaid business development. He most recently was vice president of business development for UnitedHealth Group’s UnitedHealthcare....Relmada Therapeutics promoted Senior Vice President of Finance and Corporate Development Michael Becker to chief financial officer....Coherus BioSciences, Inc. appointed Patrick O’Brien senior vice president of investor relations. He previously was vice president of investor relations for Gilead Sciences, Inc....Hollister Inc. named Carolin Archibald vice president of ostomy, continence care and critical care business in the U.S. and Canada. She most recently was president of Medela, Inc.
- ATCC named Mindy Goldsborough, Ph.D., chief science and technology officer. She will retain her role as vice president and general manager of ATCC Cell Systems....BioPharmX Corp. Chairman, CEO and Treasurer James Pekarsky has resigned. President, Co-Founder and Director Anja Krammer will continue to lead the company....Havas Health appointed Brian Robinson global chief strategy officer. He most recently was head of corporate strategy at Aptus Health, a unit of Merck Co....Ken Goulet joined CareCentrix as strategic advisor to CEO John Driscoll. He previously was president of commercial and specialty business for Anthem, Inc.
- Synthetic Biologics, Inc. named Isaac Bright, M.D., vice president of corporate development. He previously was a partner at Merieux Development....Status:Go appointed Matt Vestal vice president of business development. He most recently was an advisor for Sg2....Christina Bishop-Feeny joined Brain & Behavior Research Foundation as chief development officer. She previously was director of development at Northwell Health Foundation’s Cancer Institute and Institute of Urology....EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants named Liz Miller senior communications consultant in its employee benefits division. She most recently was a benefits advisor for Zenefits.
- Addus HomeCare Corp. named Brian Poff executive vice president and chief financial officer. He most recently was chief financial officer and treasurer of Oceans Healthcare....Personal Genome Diagnostics Inc. appointed Douglas Ward CEO and member of the board. He previously was vice president of companion diagnostics for Ventana Medical Systems, Inc., a unit of Roche....Andreas Turanski joined Spreemo as chief technology officer. He most recently led engineering for Jibe....Geneia named Fred Rahmanian head of technology. He previously was principal data scientist at IBM Watson Health.
- Latham & Phillips Ophthalmics named Garret O’Connell president. He previously was vice president of sales, marketing and new product distribution for Enhanced Medical Services....The Ohio Health Care Association (OHCA) elected Gregory Miller 2016-2017 president. He is executive vice president of Health Care Management Group (HCMG), Cincinnati....HCA Holdings, Inc. appointed Troy Villarreal president of its Gulf Coast division effective June 20. He currently is CEO of HCA’s Medical City Dallas Hospital....Deb Mathews joined Synthetic Biologics as vice president of medical affairs. She most recently was executive medical science lead for Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Notal Vision, Inc. appointed Quinton Oswald CEO. He previously was CEO of Neurotech Pharmaceuticals....BAROnova, Inc. named David Thrower president and CEO. He most recently was CEO of Asante Solutions....Kelly Kaufman joined Quantum Health Inc. as manager of pharmacy services. She previously was clinical pharmacy liaison for Helios....PDII appointed Matthew Gattuso executive vice president of PDII and president of PDI Infection Prevention. He most recently was vice president and general manager for Medtronic’s Strategic Channel Solutions Division.
- Peak Health Solutions, Inc. promoted Director of Talent Acquisition Jennifer Humm to associate vice president of talent acquisition and strategic operations....Mylan N.V. named Kenneth Parks chief financial officer. He most recently was senior vice president and chief financial officer of WESCO International....UCare appointed Lawrence Lee, M.D., senior vice president and chief medical officer. He previously was a staff physician and clinician educator at Veterans Health Administration....Quinton Oswald joined Notal Vision, Inc. as CEO. He previously held the same position with Neurotech Pharmaceuticals.
- Kewaunee Scientific Corp. appointed Michael Rok vice president of manufacturing operations. He previously was vice president of North American operations for the KaVo Kerr Group of Danaher Corp....Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. promoted Senior Vice President of Clinical Operations Chery Nelson to senior vice president of clinical innovation and delivery, and Mid-Atlantic Region Vice President of Clinical Operations Melissa Fannin to senior vice president of clinical operations and chief nursing officer....Paul Firuta joined uniQure N.V. as chief commercial officer. He most recently held the same title with BioBlast Pharma.
- New Directions Behavioral Health appointed Aron Halfin, M.D., chief medical officer. He previously was vice president and national, medical, clinical and operations director for Anthem, Inc. behavioral health services....Brad Simmons joined UC Davis Medical Center as chief operating officer. He most recently held the same title at St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City....Avellino Labs named Tara Moore, Ph.D., director of research and development. She previously was director of the Biomedical Research Institute at Ulster University....The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) appointed Lauren Levinson vice president of communications. She most recently was senior leader of public and corporate affairs for Ketchum in Washington, D.C.
- Families USA Founding Executive Director Ron Pollack is stepping down. The board will commence a search for his successor....Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota (BCBSMN) named Elizabeth Moran vice president and CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield Northern Plains Alliance and chief operating officer for ClearStone Solutions, a unit of BCBSMN parent company Aware Integrated, Inc. She previously was vice president of legal affairs and Blue Cross general counsel for Aware....Health Care Service Corp. promoted Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Senior Vice President of Market Strategy and Chief Medical Officer Dan McCoy, M.D., to president of the plan.
- ANI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Stephen Carey vice president and chief financial officer. He previously was senior vice president, controller and principal accounting officer for Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc.…Anthem, Inc. promoted Specialty Business Division Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer John Gallina to executive vice president and chief financial officer of the company. He succeeds Wayne DeVeydt, who is stepping down to concentrate on family and philanthropy….ZappRx named Lorrie Carr chief commercial officer. She previously was divisional vice president of enterprise specialty sales and product management for Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- Athenex, Inc. named Jeffrey Yordon president of Athenex Specialty Products. He previously was founder, chairman and CEO of Sagent Pharmaceuticals....Kipp Jarecke-Cheng joined Publicis Healthcare Communications Group as chief communications officer. He most recently was director of marketing at FOUR32C....The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) elected Aria Health in Pennsylvania President and CEO Kathleen Kinslow, M.D., to board chair....EyeGate Pharma appointed Ryan Brenneman chief financial officer. He previously was senior vice president and chief accounting officer at CYS Investments, Inc.
- Natera, Inc. appointed Kimberly Martin, M.D., senior global medical director of its women’s health franchise. She previously was medical director of reproductive testing for Natera....Trovagene named William Welch CEO. He most recently was CEO of Sequenom, Inc....Olympus Corp. promoted Olympus Corp. of the Americas (OCA) General Counsel Donna Miller to head of HQ legal and global general counsel, and OCA Chief Compliance Officer Caroline West to global chief compliance officer....Ronald Rittenmeyer joined Millennium Health as chairman and CEO. He previously was chairman, president and CEO of Expert Global Solutions.
- The Healthcare Distribution Management Association (HDMA) appointed Ruth Miller senior director of regulatory affairs. She previously was an attorney in the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Diversion & Regulatory Policy Section....Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. named Joseph Papa chairman and CEO. He previously held the same title at Perrigo Company plc and succeeds J. Michael Pearson, who will remain with the company until Papa’s arrival in early May….Sonia Tolani joined Envy Medical, Inc. as senior vice president of marketing. She most recently was senior director of global marketing for Dermatologica, a unit of Unilever.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey named Jill Serin vice president and chief underwriter. She previously was chief actuary for Remedy Partners, Inc....Josh Golden joined Solid Benefit Guidance as area senior vice president. He most recently was practice leader of employer consulting for Pharmaceutical Strategies Group LLC....Biostage, Inc. appointed Ginger Abraham-Freel director of quality and operations. She previously was director of quality and head of manufacturing at Diagnostics For All, Inc....The Goodman Group promoted Regional Director of Operations Matthew Kern to national director of operations.