Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- The Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. appointed Hammon Acuna senior vice president of business development. Acuna was previously vice president of marketing for SCPIE Holdings, Inc., now a unit of The Doctors Company....Results Physiotherapy named Tony Ueber president and CEO. Ueber was most recently president and CEO of Banfield Pet Hospital....The Huntzinger Management Group, Inc. named Robert LaPorte client executive. LaPorte is currently president-elect of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) South Carolina chapter....Jennifer Bajaj, M.D., joined Paladina Health, a unit of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., as chief medical officer. She was formerly director of population health and complex case management for Kaiser Permanente of Colorado, a unit of Kaiser Permanente.
- Tufts Health Plan named Marc Backon senior vice president and chief sales and marketing officer for commercial products. Backon was formerly in charge of pricing, distribution and product initiatives for a unit of Aetna, Inc....PENTAX Medical promoted PENTAX Medical of the Americas President David Woods to global chief marketing officer....Aridis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Paul-Andre de Lame, M.D., chief medical officer. de Lame was previously chief medical officer of Cardiokine Inc....James Hinrichs joined Alere Inc. as executive vice president and chief financial officer, succeeding David Teitel. Hinrichs most recently served in the same role for CareFusion.
- Verde Technologies, Inc. appointed Jason Sundby president and CEO. Sundby was previously a founding partner of Atlas Capital Partners. Verde also named Christine Horton chief commercial officer. She formerly managed marketing at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc....ITOCHU International Inc. named Joel Harris president and CEO of Telerent Leasing Corp., effective April 1. Harris is currently CEO of Avidex....Fastaff appointed Jeff Files vice president of recruiting. Files was previously vice president of sales for Interim Physicians.
- The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) named Jaap Venema chief science officer. Venema was formerly therapeutic area lead of biotherapeutics in global medical affairs for AbbVie....23andMe appointed Erynn Gordon, M.S., medical marketing director. Gordon is currently vice chair of the New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners’ Genetic Counseling Advisory Committee....Peter Clifford joined Cantel Medical Corp. as chief financial officer, replacing Craig Sheldon, who is retiring. Clifford was most recently vice president of operations finance and information technology for IDEX Corp.
- Kaiser Permanente named Bill Marsh, M.D., associate executive director of government relations and care delivery information technology for The Permanente Foundation. Marsh was previously vice president and chief of staff for the Colorado Permanente Group....Neurotech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Charles Johnson, M.D., chief medical officer. Johnson was formerly vice president of global medical affairs at Vertex....Matthew Posard joined Trovagene, Inc., as executive vice president and chief commercial officer. He was most recently in charge of emerging market opportunities business at Illumina, Inc.
- Geisinger Health System Foundation appointed David Feinberg, M.D., M.B.A., president and CEO, succeeding Glen Steele, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., in May. Feinberg is currently president of the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) Health System....The American College of Cardiology named Kim Williams, M.D., president. He is currently the chief of cardiology and James B. Herrick Professor at Rush University Medical Center....Joseph Shikorsky joined Ella Health as chief financial officer. He was most recently vice president of finance for Physiotherapy Associates.
- The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) named Babette Edgar, M.B.A., president-elect. She is co-founder and principal of BluePeak Advisors....MedAssets, Inc. promoted Chief Financial Officer Charles Garner to executive vice president and chief strategy and transformation officer. The company also appointed Anthony Colaluca, Jr. executive vice president and chief financial officer. He was formerly an independent consultant....Jill Michal joined Independence Blue Cross as vice president of sales services and client experience. Michal was previously president and CEO of United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, a unit of United Way Worldwide.
- xG Health named Marcy Stoots general manager of electronic health records apps. Stoots teaches graduate informatics at Vanderbilt University....Tal Zaks, M.D., Ph.D., joined Moderna Therapeutics as chief medical officer. He was formerly senior vice president of global oncology for Sanofi....Mendor appointed Antonio Ceriello, M.D., medical director. He is currently president of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes group on diabetes and cardiovascular diseases....Amida Technology Solutions named Scott Gould to its strategic advisory board. Gould was previously the deputy secretary of the Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
- CTG named Cliff Bleustein president and CEO, replacing Interim CEO Brendan Harrington, who is reassuming his previous role of chief financial officer. Bleustein was previously chief medical officer and global provider solutions leader for Dell Services....The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP) appointed Jayson Slotnik health policy advisor and Virginia Sweeter meetings and education program consultant. Slotnik is a principal and founding member of Health Policy Strategies, Inc., and Sweeter was formerly deputy executive director for the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy....David Anton, Ph.D., joined Cellana, Inc. as chief operating officer. He most recently held C-level roles at Joule Unlimited, Inc.
- Divurgent named Dana Alexander, M.B.A., vice president of clinical transformation. Alexander was formerly with Caradigm….Ray Boyer joined SDC Nutrition, Inc. as chief financial officer. Boyer was previously a private investor and chief financial officer for Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc.…The Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute appointed Brian Gamble executive vice president and chief financial officer. He was most recently vice president of finance and assistant treasurer for Henry Ford Health System….HUYA Bioscience International named Alain Rolland, Ph.D., executive vice president and chief scientific officer. Rolland was previously corporate officer and executive vice president of product development at Vical.
- The American Association for Cancer Research elected Nancy Davidson, M.D., president for the 2015-2016 term. She is director of the University of Pittsburgh Institute and UPMC CancerCenter….Maetrics promoted Vice President of Sales Steve Cottrell to president….John Schaak joined Scion Dental as president. Schaak was most recently partner at Quarles & Brady LLP….Phillips & Cohen LLP named Peter Budetti, M.D., of counsel. Budetti was known as the “anti-fraud czar” as director of the CMS Center for Program Integrity.
- Lycera Corp. named Jeffrey Wilkins, M.D., chief medical officer. Wilkins was previously clinical lead and partner of NeXeption, LLC….Precision for Medicine made several appointments to Precision Advisors: Rachelle Wan, senior vice president; Dominic Galante, M.D., chief medical officer; and Stephen Carter, vice president. Wan was formerly vice president of specialty pharmacy benefit solutions for Prime Therapeutics, Galante was vice president of medical quality management at MVP Health Care and Carter managed pricing and access strategy for Campbell Alliance.
- DomiKnow, Inc. named Barry Adams chief operating officer. Adams was formerly a principal with ColBridge Capital….Alere Inc. announced David Teitel is resigning as chief financial officer. Teitel has pledged to stay on until a replacement is named….Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield promoted Provider Network Operations Manager Dan Stevens to director of provider network operations and Education and Development Manager Joy Evans to director of internal operations training….Kathleen Billingsley joined Blue Shield of California as vice president of its California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) and University of California business. She was most recently director of policy and programs at the California Dept. of Public Health.
- Harold Varmus, M.D., is resigning as director of the National Cancer Institute under the National Institutes of Health to become a professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. Deputy Director Douglas Lowy, M.D., has been named acting director....UCare appointed Jim Eppel CEO, succeeding Nancy Feldman when she retires this summer. Eppel is currently senior vice president of OptumInsight, a unit of UnitedHealth Group....Seattle Children’s Hospital, Foundation and Research Institute named Jeff Sperring, M.D., CEO effective in May. Sperring is currently CEO of Indiana University Health.
- Adocia named Simon Bruce, M.D., chief medical officer and Stephen Daly U.S. commercial lead of its new U.S. subsidiary, Adocia Inc. Bruce was previously executive medical director at Halozyme Pharmaceuticals, and Daly was formerly vice president of commercial at Halozyme Therapeutics....AMC Health appointed Robert Anazagasty vice president of strategic client development and Jared Wilstead vice president of enterprise sales. Anazagasty and Halozyme were most recently in sales at GE Healthcare....AMRI named Michael Pettersson vice president of international sales. He was previously senior vice president at Teva API.
- Robert Mandel, M.D., M.B.A., joined Activate Healthcare as president of the northeast region. Mandel was previously president and CEO of Health Dialog, a unit of Rite Aid....The Society of Interventional Radiology appointed Alan Matsumoto, M.D., president. He is chair of the Dept. of Radiology and Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia School of Medicine....Perthera named Andrew Mignatti CEO. He was formerly senior vice president of operations for RedPath....Medical Tracking Solutions, Inc. appointed Brian Timberlake senior vice president of sales. He most recently worked for Microsoft ERP/CRM Channel.
- Andy McGuire resigned as president and chief operations officer of Meridian Health Plan to focus on chairing the Iowa Democratic Party. Raymond Pitera was named acting president and chief operations officer....Affinity Health Plan promoted Sharon Deans, M.D., to chief medical officer. Deans was formerly senior director and interim chief medical officer....STAAR Surgical Co. appointed Caren Mason president and CEO. Mason was previously CEO of Verinta Health....Lennie Ryder joined SQI Diagnostics Inc. as chief financial officer. Ryder was most recently chief financial officer and vice president of finance for ConjuChem Biotechnologies Inc.
- Vivex Biomedical, Inc. named Lou Barnes president and chief operating officer of UMTB Biomedical, Inc. Barnes was most recently executive director of DCI Donor Services Tissue Bank, Inc....Rockport Healthcare Services appointed Vincent Hambright CEO. He was previously president and chief operations officer at Healthcare Management Services....Paul Nussbaum, Ph.D., joined Brookdale Senior Living Inc. as national director of brain health. Nussbaum was formerly national director of brain health for Emeritus Senior Living, which merged with Brookdale last year, and is currently adjunct professor of neurological surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Healthsense, Inc. named Katie Christopherson chief customer operations officer. She was formerly director of clinical service solutions for Philips Healthcare....PaySpan, Inc. appointed Rex Adams CEO, succeeding Kevin Amer. Adams’ previous experience includes positions with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and WellCare Health Plans, Inc....Surna Inc. named Bryon Jorgenson CEO, succeeding Tom Bollich when he steps down in April. Jorgenson is currently chief operations officer....Kate Black joined 23andMe as privacy officer and corporate counsel. Black was most recently a federal regulatory and interoperability policy analyst for the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology.
- Michael Malouf joined Anthem, Inc. as president of its dental division. Malouf was previously president and CEO of Dearborn National Insurance Co....Health Care Service Corp. (HCSC) promoted Maurice Smith to president of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois. Smith formerly led HCSC’s treasury department and corporate development initiatives....Ohr Pharmaceutical, Inc. named Avner Ingerman, M.D., chief clinical officer. Ingerman was recently vice president of ophthalmology for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals....Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Jonathan Freve vice president of finance. Freve was most recently senior director of finance for Santaris Pharma A/S, a unit of F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.
- DaVita HealthCare Partners promoted Mahesh Krishnan to international chief medical officer and group vice president of research and development. Krishnan was formerly vice president of clinical research, innovation and public policy for DaVita Kidney Care....TapImmune Inc. named John Bonfiglio, Ph.D., M.B.A., strategic advisor. He was previously president and CEO of Oragenics....Rally Health, Inc. appointed Shawn Mobley chief revenue officer and Jim Baer vice president of data. Mobley has spent more than 20 years in the health care industry, and Baer most recently managed data science at LinkedIn.
- Imagine Health named Christopher Cigarran president. Cigarran was most recently president of employer and government affairs at Healthways....Dan Hudspeth joined SynCardia Systems, Inc. as chief financial officer. Hudspeth previously ran his own consulting business, Cohesive Strategy LLC....Cardiva Medical, Inc. appointed John Russell president and CEO. Russell was previously CEO of Corventis, now a unit of Medtronic....Command Medical Products promoted Chief Operating Officer Jim Carnall to president. He succeeds David Slick, who is continuing as CEO.
- EmployerDirect appointed Tom Johnston CEO. Johnston was previously area vice president for the Mid-Atlantic region at Stryker Orthopaedics....The Pharmacy Benefit Management Institute (PBMI) named Sharon Glave Frazee, Ph.D., vice president of research and education. Frazee was most recently vice president of research and analytics at Express Scripts....Algatechnologies named Ronnie Meninger CEO, replacing interim CEO Hagai Stadler, who is continuing on the board of directors. Meninger was previously managing director of Chemada Fine Chemicals in Israel.
- MedHOK appointed Doug Fleishman chief growth officer. He was previously executive vice president of sales for Verisk Health….The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) promoted Halee Fischer-Wright, M.D., to president and CEO. She was previously chief medical officer….Adeptus Health named Graham Cherrington president and CEO. He was previously chief operating officer.
- ZS Pharma made a series of appointments: Jose Menoyo, M.D., senior vice president; Stewart Turner, Ph.D., executive director of medical affairs and head of the medical science liaison team; and Megan Clifford, executive director of marketing. Menoyo was previously in medical affairs with Amgen, Turner was executive director and therapeutic area lead for Amgen and Clifford was most recently director and head of renal global strategy for Sanofi....The American Diabetes Association named Kevin Hagan CEO. He was previously CEO of Feed the Children....Deborah Proctor, president and CEO of St. Joseph Health, is retiring at the end of the year. She has been with the health system for 10 years.
- The Joint Commission appointed David Baker, M.D., executive vice president for the Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation. Baker was previously chief of the Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics at the Feinberg School of Medicine of Northwestern University....The Center for Drug Evaluation and Research named Jonathan Jarow, M.D., acting director of the Office of Medical Policy. Jarow is currently the associate director of the Office of Hematology and Oncology Products....Avalere Health added Lisa Latts, M.D., and Richard Smith to its advisory team. Latts is chief medical officer for the University of California’s self-insured health plan, and Smith was previously executive vice president for policy and research at the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America.
- Ella Health named Dawn-Marie Ickes director of physical therapy and integrative wellness. Ickes is the founder and clinical director of Evolve Integrative Wellness....Vigilant Biosciences, Inc. appointed Greg Stanley vice president of global sales and marketing. Stanley was previously vice president of sales and marketing for OPKO Health, Inc....Biotech Investment Group named Cyrus Mirsaidi president and CEO of Formex, LLC. He was most recently CEO of Molecular Response, LLC.
- Mirixa Corp. appointed Jim Vedder senior vice president of finance and accounting. Vedder was previously chief financial officer of K12, Inc....Armetheon, Inc. named John Glenn chief financial officer. Glenn mostly recently held the same role at Solta Medical....Bob Baltera joined Laguna Pharmaceuticals as CEO. He was previously CEO of Amira Pharmaceuticals.
- Douglas Wilson joined the Catholic Benefits Association and Catholic Insurance Company as CEO. Wilson has worked in turning around distressed hospitals and growing health care start-ups like Cuattro Companies....The Miami Children’s Health Foundation appointed pro golfer Jack Nicklaus and wife Barbara chairs of its Together For the Children Campaign. The couple’s charity for kids recently gave $60 million to Miami Children’s Health System....HARP Treatment Center named Michael Walsh chief operations officer. Walsh was previously president and CEO of the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers.
- BioReference Laboratories, Inc. named Joseph Donahue senior vice president of the newly created Commercial Collaborations and Innovations Group. Donahue was previously senior vice president and global head of business development and innovation at Thomson Reuters Intellectual Property & Science....TeamHealth Holdings Inc. appointed Matthew Tormey chief compliance officer. Tormey was most recently vice president of compliance and security at Health Management Associates....Suzzette Walker joined Nexus Medical as vice president of corporate strategy. Walker was previously vice president of business development for Review Med....Royalty Pharma promoted George Lloyd to general counsel. Lloyd was previously executive vice president of investments.
- Dance Biopharm Inc. named J. Tyler Martin, M.D., president. He was previously president of Dynavax Technologies….Blueprint Medicines appointed Anthony Boral, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president of clinical development. Boral was most recently executive director of oncology clinical research for Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research….Timothy Flaherty joined Enable Injections as vice president and chief financial officer. Flaherty was previously chief financial officer for Bonfiglioli.
- AMC Health appointed Jonathan Leviss, M.D., senior vice president and medical director. Leviss was previously chief medical officer of the Rhode Island Quality Institute....Ian Hamilton, M.D., joined BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as corporate medical director. Hamilton was most recently medical director of the government business division for Anthem, Inc....Spinifex Pharmaceuticals named Peter Spargo, Ph.D., senior vice president. Spargo was previously an industry consultant. Spinifex also named Christine Richardson, Ph.D., director of chemistry, manufacturing and controls and nonclinical project manager. She previously worked for Novartis.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) elected Missouri Insurance Director John Huff to president-elect. Huff succeeds former Pennsylvania Insurance Commissioner Michael Consedine....Macrocure Ltd. named Mark Page chief financial officer. Page was previously managing director of Credit Suisse....Dignity Health promoted Darryl VandenBosch to president of St. Bernardine Medical Center, succeeding Steven Barron, who is transitioning into the role of senior vice president of operations for its southern California hospitals. VandenBosch was most recently chief financial officer.
- Righttime Medical Care appointed Nathan Newman, M.D., vice president of medical services. Newman was previously national urgent care medical director and vice president of medical operations for Concentra....BioAdaptives, Inc. named Christopher Hall president, CEO, chief financial officer and secretary. Hall has worked in nutraceuticals and technology since 1995....Former NBA player Jonathan Bender joined International Sustainability Group, Inc. as president of ISG Health. Bender has marketed his own medical device since his retirement from the NBA in 2010....CNA Financial Corp. appointed Glen Curley senior vice president of its health care segment. Curley was most recently senior vice president and national health care liability practice group leader for Zurich Financial Services.
- The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) appointed Paul Mouchakkaa senior investment officer for real assets, succeeding Ted Eliopoulos, who is now chief investment officer. Mouchakkaa was previously managing director for Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing....Bruce Thompson joined Turtle Beach Corp. as eastern regional vice president for HyperSound Hearing Solutions. He was previously Midwest regional vice president at Unitron....Amendola Communications named Stephanie Janard senior writer. Janard previously ran her own freelance copywriting business....IlliniCare Health, a unit of Centene Corp., named Patrick Ross president of IlliniCare ASO. He was most recently vice president of operations within Centene’s health plan organization.
- Linde AG appointed Kristen Hoefer CEO of Lincare Inc., succeeding John Byrnes, who is retiring. Hoefer previously managed Abbott Laboratories’ Western Europe pharmaceutical business....Planet Fitness named Jessica Correa senior vice president of marketing. Correa was most recently vice president of marketing at CCA Global Partners....Joellyn Champagne joined Cardon Outreach as chief human resources officer. Champagne previously held the same position with Oceans Healthcare....Roswell Park Cancer Institute promoted Candace Johnson, Ph.D., to president and CEO. Johnson was previously deputy director and chair of the Dept. of Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Twist Bioscience appointed Patrick Finn, Ph.D., vice president of sales and marketing. Finn previously held the same position with Enzymatics....Lycera Corp. appointed Paul Sekhri president and CEO, succeeding Kathleen Metters, Ph.D., who is continuing as a senior advisor. Sekhri was most recently senior vice president of integrated care at Sanofi....ANI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. promoted David Sullivan, Ph.D., to vice president of quality operations. Sullivan joined ANI in April 2014.
- Cambrex Corp. promoted Samantha Hanley to vice president, general counsel and secretary, succeeding William Haskel. Hanley was previously assistant general counsel and assistant secretary....One Call Care Management named Matt Lynch chief information officer. Lynch was most recently chief information officer of Rite Aid, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Shopko Stores....Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Mark Stephen Gelder, M.D., vice president of clinical development. Gelder was previously chief medical officer at Heron Therapeutics....CSG Government Solutions named Cynthia Pieper-Afkhami to its health care and human services practice. She was previously senior project executive and implementation director for the Ohio Dept. of Medicaid.
- The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare appointed Mara Benner to its home health advocacy team. She was previously vice president of government relations at Gentiva Health Services....Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City named Danette Wilson president and CEO. Wilson has served as interim CEO since August 2014 and has been with the company for more than 25 years....Todd Ritter joined Genalyte, Inc. as vice president of corporate development. Ritter most recently worked in the Dept. of Defense Threat Reduction Agency....Calithera Biosciences, Inc. appointed Keith Orford, M.D., vice president of clinical development. He was previously clinical development lead in the immuno-oncology and combinations development performance unit at GSK.
- Immune Pharmaceuticals Inc. named Gad Berdugo executive vice president and chief financial officer, and Cameron Durrant, M.D., M.B.A., lead independent director and chairman of the compensation committee. Berdugo was previously a member of the board of directors, and Durrant is a board member and entrepreneur….Northwestern Medicine appointed Scott Strong, M.D., chief of the Division of Gastrointestinal and Oncologic Surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and surgical director of the Digestive Health Center. Strong was previously a surgeon in the Department of Colorectal Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic….Inova Labs Inc. appointed Dale West senior vice president of operations. West was previously vice president of global operations and supply chain for Respironics.
- AltheaDx, Inc. named Noah Nasser senior vice president of sales. Nasser was most recently global sales leader for Verinata Health....The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) promoted Scott Nehs to senior vice president of legal and governance, general counsel and corporate secretary. He was previously deputy general counsel and assistant corporate secretary....The National Health Council promoted Marc Boutin to CEO. Boutin was previously executive vice president and chief operating officer.
- Quantum Health, Inc. named Clanton Lynch vice president of sales for the southwest region. Lynch was previously vice president and general manager of Arise Virtual Solutions, Inc....Seres Health, Inc. appointed Mark Wilcox, M.D., to its scientific advisory board. Wilcox is currently head of microbiology and academic lead of pathology at Leeds Teaching Hospitals, part of the University of Leeds....Myriad Genetics, Inc. named Johnathan Lancaster, M.D., Ph.D., vice president of medical affairs for oncology at Myriad Genetic Laboratories. He was previously president of Moffitt Medical Group, a division of Moffitt Cancer Center.
- Righttime Medical Care named Katharine Tate director of provider and community outreach. Tate was previously a deputy chief of staff and a scheduling director at the U.S. House of Representatives....Lisa Perez, M.D., joined VeinInnovations as part of the medical staff. Perez was most recently medical director for Circulatory Centers of Georgia....Chardan Capital Markets appointed Keay Nakae senior research analyst of health care. Nakae previously worked at Ascendiant Capital Markets.
- The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) appointed Jamie Gregorian director of federal government relations. Gregorian was most recently senior manager of government relations and specialties for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons....Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. promoted Giovanni Caforio, M.D., to CEO, replacing Lamberto Andreotti, who is retiring. Caforio was previously chief operating officer....Hologic, Inc. named John Griffin general counsel and Allison Bebo senior vice president of human resources. Griffin was previously vice president and deputy general counsel for Covidien, and Bebo was previously vice president of talent management for ANN INC.
- Cryoport, Inc. named Mark Sawicki, Ph.D., chief commercial officer of Cryoport Systems. Sawicki was previously chief business officer of AAIPharma Services Corporation/Cambridge Major Laboratories Inc....Susan Faust joined Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc. as vice president of specialty infusion and market development. Faust was most recently vice president of specialty services at Medco Health Solutions....ContraVir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Carol Brosgart, M.D., to its scientific advisory board. She is currently a clinical professor of medicine in global health, biostatistics and epidemiology sciences at the University of California, San Francisco Dept. of Medicine.
- EastGate Biotech Corp. promoted Rose Perri to president. Perri was previously involved in business development and succeeds Mirjana Hasanagic, who is continuing as board director....Stoltenberg Consulting, Inc. appointed Randy Carpenter senior vice president of strategic services. Carpenter was most recently senior vice president and chief information officer at Omnicare Corp....Ahmad Ouri joined SONIFI Solutions as CEO. Ouri was previously CEO of IZ-ON Media, a division of Technicolor.
- Galena Biopharma, Inc. named Joseph Lasaga vice president of business development and alliance management. Lasaga was previously senior director of business development at Nektar Therapeutics....Craig Samitt, M.D., M.B.A., joined Oliver Wyman as global provider practice leader in its health and life sciences division. Samitt was most recently president and CEO of HealthCare Partners, a unit of DaVita HealthCare Partners....SDC Nutrition, Inc. appointed Dan Kohler chief operating officer. Kohler was previously executive vice president of HVL/Douglas Laboratories, a unit of Atrium Innovations.
- CMS Administrator Marilyn Tavenner announced she is stepping down at the end of February. Deputy Administrator Andy Slavitt will step in until a permanent replacement is found....The American Diabetes Association named David Marrero, Ph.D., president of health care and education on its board of directors. Marrero is currently a professor of medicine and director of the Diabetes Translational Research Center at the Indiana University School of Medicine....Colliers International appointed Mary Beth Kuzmanovich national director of healthcare services. She was most recently vice president of the Facilities Management Group for Carolinas HealthCare System....James Lindstrom joined Providence Service Corp. as executive vice president and chief financial officer. Lindstrom was previously president and CEO of Integrated Electrical Services, Inc.
- The American Diabetes Association named Samuel Dagogo-Jack, M.D., president of medicine and science on its board of directors. He is currently a professor of medicine and director of the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and the Clinical Research Center at the University of Tennessee Health Center, Memphis....Decision Resources Group promoted Diane Corrado to president of life sciences product solutions. Corrado was previously executive vice president of sales and marketing....Michele “Shelley” Trucksis, Ph.D., M.D., joined Seres Health, Inc. as executive vice president and chief medical officer. Trucksis was most recently executive director of Merck Research Laboratories.
- SH Franchising, LLC promoted chief operating officer Craig Leonard to president of Senior Helpers. Leonard succeeds founder Tony Bonacuse, who will remain on the board of directors....The Center for Drug Evaluation and Research named Kathleen “Cook” Uhl, M.D., director of the Office of Generic Drugs. Cook was previously director of the Office of Women’s Health, Office of the Commissioner....Johns Hopkins Medicine appointed Pamela Paulk, M.S.W., M.B.A., president of Johns Hopkins Medicine International, effective March 1. She was most recently senior vice president of human resources for Johns Hopkins Medicine and Johns Hopkins Health System.
- The Segal Group named Mildeen Worrell vice president and compliance practice leader for the east region. Worrell is an adjunct professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law....Nextremity Solutions, Inc. appointed Nick Deeter CEO. Deeter was the founder of OrthoPediatrics, Corp....The American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) named Loretta Doan, Ph.D., vice president of policy and global affairs. She was previously director of science policy for the Endocrine Society.
- PlanSource named Nancy Sansom chief marketing officer. Sansom was previously chief marketing officer at PeopleMatter....Patrick Carpenter joined Vermillion, Inc. as general manager of its subsidiary ASPiRA LABS. He was most recently vice president of operations and general manager at Miraca Life Sciences....The Huntzinger Management Group, Inc., promoted David DiChiara, M.B.A., to chief financial officer. He was previously controller.
- AmnioLife Corp. named Andrew Hoover chief financial officer. Hoover was previously a venture debt underwriter and credit analyst for Square 1 Bank....Keith Elgart joined Concierge Choice Physicians as executive vice president of operations and sales. Elgart was most recently the chief operating officer for Red Fern Casualty....The American Parkinson Disease Association appointed Robin Kornhaber vice president of programs and services. Kornhaber was previously senior vice president of development at the American Legacy Foundation....CORRECTION: On Monday, HBD reported Robert Atlas was named president of Epstein Becker Green (EBG). He was actually named president of EBG affiliate EBG Advisors, Inc.
- Streamline Health Solutions, Inc. promoted Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer David Sides to president and chief executive officer. He succeeds Robert Watson, who was appointed president of NantHealth, LLC....Michael Cole joined Quest Diagnostics as vice president of health plans. He was most recently national vice president of employer and individual markets for UnitedHealthcare, a unit of UnitedHealth Group....Wellcentive named Bryan Ness regional general manager for the U.S., succeeding Jim Clifford, who was appointed regional director of central and Midwest areas. Ness was previously vice president of sales for Phytel.
- Sofinnova Ventures named Daniel Welch executive partner. Welch was previously the CEO of InterMune....Epstein Becker Green appointed Robert Atlas president. Atlas was most recently an advisor to North Carolina’s Secretary of Health and Human Services on Medicaid reform....America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) appointed Matthew Eyles executive vice president of policy and regulatory affairs. He was most recently executive vice president for Avalere Health.
- Always Best Care Senior Services named Elizabeth Brennen vice president of area operations. Brennen was most recently regional corporate manager for Almost Family....Moderna Therapeutics appointed Michael Morin, Ph.D., chief scientific officer of Onkaido Therapeutics. Morin was previously vice president of global research for Pfizer....Affinity Health Plan promoted Glenn MacFarlane to president and CEO. He was previously chief financial officer.
- Scioderm, Inc. named Ian Howes chief financial officer. Howes was most recently chief financial officer and vice president of corporate development for Akebia Therapeutics....Paula Soteropoulos joined Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. as president and CEO of Akcea Therapeutics. She was previously senior vice president and general manager of cardiometabolic, rare diseases and strategic alliances at Moderna Therapeutics, Inc....Rite Aid promoted Vice President of Healthcare Initiatives Jocelyn Zazyczny Konrad to group vice president of pharmacy initiatives and clinical services. Konrad replaces Karen Staniforth, who was promoted to chief operating officer at Rite Aid unit Health Dialog.
- Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Richard Baron vice president and chief financial officer. Baron was previously senior vice president and chief financial officer of Globus Medical….Healthcare Trust of America appointed Jessica Thorsheim director of investor relations. Thorsheim was most recently director of investor relations at Move, Inc.…Benjamin Shneider, M.D., joined Texas Children’s Hospital as chief of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition service. Shneider was previously professor of pediatrics and director of pediatric hepatology at the University of Pittsburgh and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh UPMC.
- Rick Adam joined Stanson Health as president and chief operating officer. He was previously chief information officer at Goldman Sachs....Eli Lilly and Company promoted Darren Carroll to senior vice president of corporate business development. Carroll was previously vice president of corporate business development....Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. named Athena Countouriotis, M.D., chief medical officer. She was most recently chief medical officer for Ambit Biosciences....Cepheid chief financial officer Andrew Miller is resigning to join PTC Inc. Current vice president and corporate controller Daniel Madden is assuming Miller’s responsibilities until a permanent replacement is found.
- XTL Biopharmaceuticals Ltd. appointed Doron Turgeman and Shlomo Shalev to its board of directors. Turgeman is the CEO of B Communications and Internet Gold, and Shalev was previously chairman of the board for Micronet….Kentucky Health Cooperative, Inc. named Charles Black, Jr., and Ashley Peak, M.D., to the board of directors. Black was previously a member of the board of Kentucky Hospital Insurance Corp., and Peak is a psychiatrist currently in private practice….Andrew Olson joined Tute Genomics as vice president of sales. Olson was most recently vice president of sales for Great Basin Corp.
- Malikah Murphy, Ph.D., joined foru International, a unit of foru Holdings, Inc., as a brand partner. Murphy is the founder of sickle-cell charity Timmy’s Heart….Echo Therapeutics, Inc. named Alan Schoenbart chief financial officer. He was previously CFO at Hudson News Distributors, LLC….Brookdale Senior Living Inc. appointed William Petty, Jr., to the board of directors. Petty is a founding partner of Beecken Petty O’Keefe & Company.
- Lockton Companies appointed Kim Foerster vice president of Lockton Dunning Benefits in Dallas. Foerster was previously director of managed market sales for Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy….Scott Hollander joined Echo Therapeutics, Inc. as CEO. Hollander was most recently vice president of business development for Otsuka Pharmaceuticals….BioLife Solutions, Inc. named Kevin O’Donnell vice president of cold chain standards, practices and compliance. He was previously senior partner at Exelsius Cold Chain Management Consultancy.
- Aspen Dental Management, Inc. appointed Doyle Williams, D.D.S., vice president of carrier relations and insurance operations. Williams was previously executive vice president of innoDent....Keas promoted Colleen Yoo to chief operating officer and named Brian Golden vice president of customer success. Yoo was previously vice president of product and customer success and Golden was most recently in charge of health management practice sales at Towers Watson....Novant Health appointed Bert Scott senior vice president of population health. He was most recently president and CEO of Affinity Health Plan.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc. named Bernard Tobin president of Crescendo Bioscience. Tobin was previously global head of commercial excellence for Amgen....Numotion appointed Warren DeGraff chief operating officer. DeGraff was most recently general manager of diagnostics and clinical services at GE....Jon Congleton joined N30 Pharmaceuticals, Inc. as president and CEO. Congleton was previously senior vice president of Teva Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.’s Central Nervous System Global Franchise....CytoSorbents Corp. named Gregory Di Russo, M.D., senior vice president of clinical development. He was most recently vice president of cardiothoracic surgery at the Children’s National Medical Center.
- CNA promoted Bruce Dmytrow to vice president of aging services. He was previously in charge of specialty risk control....FirstCare Health Plans appointed Sonya Henderson vice president of compliance and government programs and Mark Huntley chief financial officer and chief operating officer. Henderson was previously vice president of compliance and audit for HealthFirst and Huntley was previously chief financial officer for Allianz Global Assistance....AEGATE named Peter Fox chief technology officer and Anthony Vonsee chief channels and partner officer. Fox was most recently development director for Datanomic and Vonsee was most recently a senior business development associate for Cisco.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Jennifer Weaver to director of infrastructure engineering services. She was previously director of the office of the chief information officer....Patrick Terry joined Claritas Genomics as chief commercial officer. Terry previously founded Genomic Health, Inc....AMC Health named Paul Argay chief marketing officer. Argay was most recently chief marketing officer at Resolution Health....Steven Hippel joined Senior Lifestyle Corp. as chief financial officer. Hippel was previously CFO at Inland Diversified Real Estate Trust, Inc.
- Vermillion, Inc. promoted Chief Operating Officer Valerie Palmieri to president and CEO, replacing James LaFrance, who is continuing as chairman of the board....Aver Informatics named Todd Fox quality manager. Fox was previously manager of quality engineering at Manta....GuideWell Mutual Holding Corp. appointed Prakash Patel, M.D., chief operating officer of GuideWell and president of GuideWell Health. Patel was most recently CEO of Access MediQuip....Kinex Pharmaceuticals promoted Flint Besecker to chief operating officer. He was previously executive vice president and chief financial officer.
- MAETRICS appointed Jill Spencer managing director. She was previously global relationship partner at IBM....Steve R. Martin joined Applied Proteomics Inc. as chief financial officer. Martin was previously CFO at Apricus Biosciences....Spark Therapeutics named Rogerio Vivaldi, M.D., M.B.A., chief commercial officer. Vivaldi was most recently head of rare diseases at Genzyme, a unit of Sanofi....Amedisys, Inc. appointed Paul Kusserow president and CEO. Kusserow was previously vice chairman of Alignment Healthcare, Inc.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. appointed Ken Burdick CEO, replacing interim CEO David Gallitano. Burdick was previously president and chief operating officer....The Heart Failure Society of America (HFSA) named Paul Hauptman, M.D., editor-in-chief of the Journal of Cardiac Failure. Hauptman was previously associate editor at the European Journal of Heart Failure and at Circulation: Heart Failure....Immune Pharmaceuticals Inc. named Daniel Kazado chairman of the board, replacing current CEO Daniel Teper. Kazado previously led his own management consulting firm.
- The Georgia Dental Association appointed three new executives: Carol Galbreath, senior director of marketing and public relations, former senior director of marketing and communications for the Arthritis Foundation; Fatimot Ladipo, director of government affairs, former assistant director of federal relations for Georgia Institute of Technology; and Stephanie Lotti, director of professional member services, former director of data and public policy for Georgia’s Brain and Spinal Injury Trust Fund Commission....Christine Silverstein joined Relmada Therapeutics, Inc. as director of investor relations. She was previously vice president of corporate development for PlasmaTech BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Barnabas Health named John Bonamo, M.D., M.S., chief medical officer. Bonamo was previously president and CEO of Saint Barnabas Medical Center (SBMC)....Kevin Sellers joined Unilife Corp. as senior vice president of marketing and communications. Sellers was most recently vice president of creative services and digital marketing for Intel....Rhythm appointed Fred Fiedorek, M.D., chief medical officer. He was previously senior vice president and head of cardiovascular and metabolic development at Bristol-Myers Squibb....The Major League Baseball Team Physicians Association (MLBTPA) named Kathleen Weber, M.D., M.S., president-elect. Weber will assume the role of vice president in 2015, and then president in 2016. She is currently a team physician for the Chicago Bulls, Chicago White Sox and Chicago Force Women’s Football, and is the first woman to head the organization.
- MedAssets promoted Mike Nolte to president and chief operating officer. He was previously vice president and COO....The Minnesota Council of Health Plans (MCHP) named Jim Schowalter president and CEO, replacing retiring Julie Brunner. Schowalter is currently commissioner of the Minnesota Dept. of Management and Budget....HealthCare Royalty Partners appointed Christopher White COO. White was most recently managing director and head of investment banking at Janney Montgomery Scott LLC....Soligenix, Inc. promoted Oreola Donini, Ph.D., to senior vice president and chief scientific officer. Donini was previously vice president of preclinical research and development.
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RCPI) named Boris Kuvshinoff II, M.D., chief medical quality officer and interim chief medical officer. He is also currently director of RPCI’s Liver and Pancreas Tumor Center....Sandip Mohapatra joined PaySpan, Inc. as chief technology officer. Mohapatra serves on the board for The Leukemia & Lymphona Society....Invuity, Inc. appointed Paul Davison vice president of research and development and Doug Heigel vice president of operations. Davison was previously vice president and general manager for ConMed, while Heigel previously managed global operations for Solta Medical.
- Leidos named Steven Russell senior vice president for sales and strategic accounts of Leidos Health. Russell was most recently senior vice president of corporate development at Quantros Corporation....The American Society of Clinical Oncology elected Daniel Hayes, M.D., president for the term beginning in June 2016. Hayes is the clinical director of the breast oncology program at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center....Kenneth Overbey joined AdvantageCare Physicians as chief operating officer. Overbey was previously vice president of physician practice management for Accelecare Wound Centers.
- The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) appointed Trish Riley executive director. She was previously senior fellow and adjunct professor of health policy and management at the University of Southern Maine Muskie School of Public Service....North Highland named Tina Ehrig vice president of strategy. Ehrig was previously a partner in Accenture’s business and IT strategy practices....Peter Emtage, Ph.D., joined Intrexon Corp. as vice president of synthetic immunology. Emtage was previously vice president of immune mediated therapy in the oncology innovative medicines group at Medimmune.
- MRI Interventions, Inc. appointed Wendelin Maners vice president of marketing. Maners was most recently vice president of emerging technologies for CSA Medical....The Permanente Federation, a unit of Kaiser Permanente, named Claire Tamo chief financial officer. Tamo was previously senior vice president of finance and support services for University HealthCare Alliance, part of Stanford Hospital and Clinics....DuPont promoted Matthias Heinzel to president of DuPont Nutrition & Health, succeeding Craig Binetti, who is retiring after 38 years with the company. Heinzel was previously global business director of enablers.
- The Assisted Living Federation of America named James Balda president and CEO. He was previously senior vice president of innovation and business development at the National Restaurant Association....BayCare Health System President and CEO Steve Mason is stepping down in mid-2016. Chief Operating Officer Tommy Inzina will assume the role of president beginning Jan. 1, 2015....Ketul Patel joined Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) Franciscan Health as CEO. Patel was previously executive vice president and chief strategy and operations officer at Hackensack University Health Network and Hackensack University Medical Center.
- Evofem, Inc. appointed Chad Putnam chief financial officer. He was previously vice president of finance for Providien, LLC....Sukhi Jagpal, chief financial officer for QLT Inc., will be stepping down to pursue other opportunities in January. The company has yet to name a replacement....Marken named Mark Hembarsky vice president of logistics for North American operations. Hembarsky most recently managed drug discovery and development operations for Aptuit....Surgical Specialties, Inc. appointed Daniel Sutherby chief financial officer and Brennan Marilla chief commercial officer. Sutherby was previously CFO for IQuum and Marilla was previously vice president and general manager of endovascular for Covidien.
- SynGen Inc. named David Hodi president of its cell processing business unit. Hodi was previously business development manager for Becton Dickinson....AltheaDx, Inc. appointed Juan-Sebastian Saldivar, M.D., chief medical officer. Saldivar was most recently vice president of clinical services at Sequenom Laboratories, a unit of Sequenom, Inc....Sal Gentile joined Healthx as CEO. He was previously president of the large payer market for The TriZetto Group, Inc....WebMD appointed Lisa Ryan Howard executive vice president and chief of consumer strategy. Howard was previously business lead of lifestyles at Yahoo!
- The Commonwealth Fund named Eric Schneider, M.D., senior vice president for policy and research, beginning in February. Schneider was previously senior principal researcher and distinguished chair in health care quality at RAND....Bio-Techne Corp. appointed Robert Gavin senior vice president of its protein platforms division, including ProteinSimple and Cyvek, Inc. Gavin was previously director of engineering at MDS Analytical Technologies....BioClinica, Inc. named John Hubbard, Ph.D., CEO. Hubbard was most recently senior vice president and worldwide head of development operations for Pfizer Inc.
- Aver Informatics appointed Michael McDonnell chief people officer and Mike King vice president of global sales. McDonnell was previously vice president of global talent acquisition for TOA Technologies, and King was most recently vice president of global strategic alliances and business development at CA Technologies....HealthNow New York Inc. promoted Chris Moyer to vice president of HealthNow Administrative Services (HNAS). Moyer was previously executive-in-charge for Brokerage Concepts Inc., a unit of HNAS....Spark Therapeutics named Daniel Takefman, Ph.D., head of regulatory affairs. He was previously chief of the gene therapy branch at the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.