Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- Inivata Ltd. appointed James Clark, Ph.D., vice president of clinical laboratory operations. Clark previously was chief operations officer at Response Genetics....Simione Healthcare Consultants named Rachel Hawkins senior manager supporting clinical consulting for mergers and acquisitions. Hawkins most recently was corporate director of clinical affairs for Almost Family Inc....Ambrx appointed Young-Jiang Hei, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer. He previously was executive medical director at Amgen.
- California Dental Network CEO Stephen Casey is retiring. DentaQuest Director of Sales Brian Watts will succeed him....Kim Ann Mink, Ph.D., joined Innophos Holdings, Inc. as president and CEO. She previously was business president of elastomer, electrical and telecommunications for The Dow Chemical Co....Neurogastrx appointed Baxter Phillips III president and CEO. He most recently was chief business officer of AmpliPhi Biosciences....Bracket named J. Matthew Bond chief financial officer. He previously was cofounder and chief financial officer of Aptiv Solutions....Egalet Corp. appointed Paul Varki senior vice president and general counsel. He most recently was assistant general counsel for GlaxoSmithKline.
- EnteroMedics Inc. named Dan Gladney president and CEO. Gladney previously was director and CEO of Lanx, Inc.…American Well appointed Peter Antall, M.D., chief medical officer. Antall previously founded Online Care Group P.C.…Barbara Berger joined FirstCare Health Plans as vice president of care management services. Berger most recently was director of clinical management for SummaCare….The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) named Paula Eichenbrenner executive director of the AMCP Foundation. She previously was vice president for advancement at the American Society for Nutrition (ASN).
- The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) named Ceci Connolly president and CEO. She previously was managing director of PricewaterhouseCoopers Health Research Institute. Connolly succeeds outgoing President and CEO Patricia Smith.…Profound Medical Corp. named Hartmut Warnken vice president of international sales. He most recently was vice president and general manager for Europe, Middle East, Japan and Asia Pacific and managing director and officer for IMRIS Pte. Ltd., IMRIS Germany GmbH and IMRIS KK Japan....Cody Consulting appointed Kevin LeBlanc vice president of business development. LeBlanc previously was vice president of national business development for HealthPlanOne....Ada Braun, M.D., Ph.D., joined Arog Pharmaceuticals, Inc. as senior vice president of clinical development. Braun most recently was chief medical officer at Biothera.
- HealthNow New York Inc. promoted Director of Corporate Relations Julie Snyder to vice president of corporate relations....RedBrick Health appointed Patrick Midden vice president of compliance and Andrew Mellin, M.D., M.B.A., vice president and medical director. Midden previously developed compliance programs for Batison Consulting Inc., and Mellin previously led innovation at McKesson Corp....Atlas Genetics Ltd. named Keith Stauffer vice president of sales and marketing. He most recently was vice president of marketing for infectious diseases at Alere, Inc.
- Rick Pallokat joined TWi Pharmaceuticals Inc. as executive vice president of TWi Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. He previously was vice president of sales for Dava....Astellas named Peter Sandor, M.D., vice president and head of the oncology therapeutic area in marketing strategy. He most recently was vice president of global marketing and therapeutic area head, oncology for Amgen....Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana named I. Steven Udvarhelyi, M.D., president and CEO. He previously was executive vice president of health services and chief strategy officer for Independence Blue Cross.
- Practice Fusion named Interim CEO Tom Langan to the position permanently. He previously was the company’s chief commercial officer….Covalon Technologies Ltd. promoted finance manager Danny Brannagan to chief financial officer….Roka Bioscience, Inc. promoted Vice President Lars Boesgaard to vice president and chief financial officer….Anthem, Inc. promoted Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia Commercial Plan President Morgan Kendrick to president of national accounts….Eric Francois joined SCYNEXIS, Inc. as chief financial officer. He most recently was cofounder and chief operating officer for Topi, Inc.
- OticPharma, Inc. named Catherine Turkel, Ph.D., senior vice president of clinical research and development and chief development officer. Turkel previously was vice president of clinical development for neurology and pain at Allergan, Inc....Kathleen Hughes joined Simione Healthcare Consultants as senior manager in clinical operations consulting. Hughes most recently was regional director of operations for Intrepid USA Health Care....Biota Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Mark Colonnese executive vice president and chief financial officer. He previously was chief financial officer of Stealth BioTherapeutics, Inc.
- ArroHealth appointed Chad Kinkead senior vice president of client services. Kinkead previously was vice president of client operations for risk and quality at UnitedHealth Group’s Optum, Inc....Greenphire named Jim Murphy CEO. He most recently was president and managing director of Almac Clinical Technologies....The American Board of Medical Specialties appointed Jennifer Fronek vice president of finance. She previously held the same position with United Way of Metropolitan Chicago....Galena Biopharma, Inc. named Bijan Nejadnik, M.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer. He most recently was executive director of hematology-oncology for Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named James Howatt, M.D., M.B.A., medical director of WellCare of Iowa. He previously was staff vice president and medical director at WellPoint, Inc., now Anthem, Inc....Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Nezam Afdhal, M.D., chief medical officer. He will also remain senior physician at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Liver Center and professor at Harvard Medical School....BeiGene, Ltd. named Zhengming Du, Ph.D., senior vice president and head of chemistry and manufacturing controls. He previously was director and head of process research and synthesis for Roche Pharmaceuticals.
- U.S. Rep. Joe Pitts (R-Pa.), chairman of the Energy and Commerce Committee’s Health Subcommittee, will not seek re-election in 2016....Anthem, Inc. named Jeff Fusile president of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia. Fusile previously was a strategic management consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers....Seattle Children’s Hospital appointed Lisa Rediger Hayward senior vice president and general counsel, effective January 2016. She currently is a partner at Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP....The FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research named John Peters, M.D., deputy director of the Office of Generic Drugs (OGD). Peters most recently was acting director of OGD.
- Marc Garganigo joined OneBeacon Insurance Group as senior vice president of professional liability. He previously was vice president of professional liability for Everest National Insurance Co....The UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust appointed Hershel Harper chief investment officer. He most recently was senior advisor to the South Carolina Retirement Investment Commission....Vaccinogen, Inc. promoted Global Head of Business Development and Strategy Peter Morsing, Ph.D., to chief operating officer.
- Eclipse Aesthetics, LLC appointed Shawn Beddes quality assurance manager. Beddes previously was quality systems architect at PSC Biotech....Astellas promoted Senior Director and Head of New Product Planning in the U.S. Doug Geiger to vice president and head of new therapeutic areas in marketing strategy....Sarika Aggarwal, M.D., joined xG Health Solutions as senior vice president of population health and chief medical officer. She previously was executive vice president and chief medical officer for Fallon Health.
- Children’s National Health System named Catherine Bollard, M.D., chief of the Division of Allergy and Immunology. She previously was senior scientist for the Center for Cancer and Immunology Research at the Children’s Research Institute....G FarmaLabs appointed Cristina Gonzalez CEO. She previously spent two decades in retail pharmacy....Daktari Diagnostics named Donald Hawthorne president and CEO. He most recently was president and CEO of AdvanDx, a unit of OpGen.
- RxStrategies, Inc. appointed Skip Devanny chief revenue officer. He most recently was vice president of sales at Talyst....Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island CEO Peter Andruszkiewicz is retiring in May 2016. BCBSRI will commence a search for his successor....MemorialCare Health System named Yair Katz chief financial officer of Long Beach Memorial, Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach and Community Hospital Long Beach. He previously was assistant vice president and associate university controller at University of Southern California.
- The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) appointed Rebecca Parker, M.D., president-elect. She currently is ACEP’s chair of the board. Jay Kaplan, M.D., initiated his term as president....Shape Memory Therapeutics named Ted Ruppel president and CEO. He most recently was executive vice president and chief financial officer at Vascular Dynamics....Thomas Weir, Jr., joined MedAvante, Inc. as senior vice president of global operations and information technology. He previously was vice president of global engineering at MEI.
- Regent Surgical Health named Chris Bishop president. He most recently was partner and senior vice president at Blue Chip Surgery Center Partners....New Enterprise Associates promoted Principal Sara Nayeem, M.D., to partner....Anthony Mele joined Sovereign Health Group as chief clinical officer. He previously was executive director at Catholic Clinical Consultants.
- NOWDiagnostics Inc. appointed Ann Bordelon chief financial officer and chief administrative officer, Jeff Ellis director of sales and Adam Glasier director of finance. Bordelon previously was chief financial officer for Walmart’s Sam’s Club unit, Ellis was vice president of sales in Alere North America’s hospital division and Glasier led finance and strategy in Walmart’s U.S. business division....Rx-360 named Mark Paxton CEO. He most recently headed up international strategy on medical product quality and supply chain security at the FDA.
- Ruben Alcazar joined Ortho Country Orthodontics as a staff doctor. He previously was a professor at the Jacksonville University School of Orthodontics....Cesca Therapeutics Inc. appointed Michael Bruch chief financial officer. Bruch previously was interim chief financial officer and controller....Sanford Health Plan named Kirk Zimmer president. He most recently was CEO of DAKOTACARE.
- Immunexpress, Inc. named Roy Davis, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer. He previously held the same title for Providence Health and Service’s Alaska region....Centene Corp. promoted Sunshine Health Senior Vice President of Finance Nathan Landsbaum to chief operating officer....The American Urological Association (AUA) appointed David Green, M.D., treasurer-elect. Green previously held multiple roles with AUA’s New England section.
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center appointed Robert Gfeller, Jr., vice president of communications, marketing and media, as well as chief marketing officer. Gfeller still will continue his duties as executive director of Childress Institute for Pediatric Trauma....CMC Biologics, Inc. promoted Chief Operations Officer Gustavo Mahler to CEO....Vtesse, Inc. named Michael Massaro vice president of clinical operations. He previously was vice president of global operations for Quintiles.
- Heathrow Scientific named Douglas Reed president. Reed previously was vice president and general manager for North America at Leica Microsystems....Razorfish Health promoted Vice President Creative Director Stephanie McGee to senior vice president, group creative director....PatientFocus appointed Kyle Duke executive vice president of operations. He most recently was chief information officer at the Tennessee Dept. of Health Care Financing and Administration Bureau of TennCare....Eduardo Martins, M.D., Ph.D., joined Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. as senior vice president of liver and infectious diseases drug development. He previously was senior director of medical affairs for hepatitis at Gilead Sciences.
- The American College of Gastroenterology elected Kenneth DeVault, M.D., 2015-2016 president. DeVault currently is professor and chair of the Mayo Clinic Florida Dept. of Medicine....Pinney Associates, Inc. appointed Michael Hufford, Ph.D., vice president of regulatory affairs in behavioral science and innovation. He previously was vice president of corporate and clinical development for Cypress Bioscience....Care N’ Care Insurance promoted Chief Operations Officer Wendy Karsten to CEO, succeeding Fowad Choudhry, who resigned to take another position.
- Crowell & Moring LLP named Jodi Daniel partner in its health care group. Daniel previously was director of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) Office of Policy....Abingworth appointed Shelley Chu, M.D., Ph.D., partner. She most recently managed business development in oncology, immunotherapy and hepatitis B, as well as research and development strategy, for Gilead Sciences....Jeffrey Su, Ph.D., joined Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. as executive vice president and chief operating officer. Su previously was chief scientific and development officer at Cytovance Biologics Inc.
- The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) appointed Brad Pacheco deputy executive officer for communications and stakeholder relations. Pacheco most recently was chief of public affairs for the agency....Maxor National Pharmacy Services, LLC CEO John Ward will retire this year. The company has not named a replacement....Health Affairs Editor-in-Chief Alan Weil was elected to the National Academy of Medicine....Stephen Poston joined AACC as chief information officer. He previously was director of information technology and office services for the Endocrine Society.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. named Paul Biondi senior vice president and head of business development. He most recently was senior vice president and head of research and development operations for the company....CNA promoted Vice President Liz Aguinaga to senior vice president and chief human resources officer....Curemark appointed Jzaneen Lalani chief operating officer. She previously was chief corporate counsel of HMS Holdings Corp....St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital named Barry Whyte, Ph.D., vice president of communications and public relations. He most recently was head of public relations and communications for the European Molecular Biology Organization.
- Northwestern Memorial HealthCare (NMHC) named Julie Creamer president of Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Howard Chrisman, M.D., president of Northwestern Medical Group (NMG). Creamer previously was senior vice president of administration for NMHC and Chrisman was vice president of clinical operations at NMG....Premera Blue Cross appointed Curtis Kopf vice president of customer experience. He previously led customer programs at Amazon and Alaska Air Group....Accuray Inc. promoted Chief Commercial Officer Kelly Londy to chief operating officer.
- Sharecare named Nupura Kolwalkar senior vice president of integration strategy. She most recently was chief technology officer at HealthPort....The Breast Cancer Research Foundation appointed Marc Hurlbert, Ph.D., chief mission officer. He previously was the executive director for the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade....Regen BioPharma, Inc. named Harry Lander, Ph.D., president. Lander previously was a researcher at Cornell University....Megan Thomas joined Makovsky as senior vice president of health practice. She most recently was global head of communications for sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC unit Sanofi Oncology.
- DaVita HealthCare Partners named Barbara Allen, M.D., chief medical officer of JSA Medical Group. Allen most recently was chief quality officer at Trinity Mother Frances Health System....Divurgent appointed Paul Anderson vice president of advisory services. Anderson previously was chief information officer of the Washington and Montana region of Providence Health and Services....Liza Squires, M.D., joined Medgenics, Inc. as vice president of research and development and therapeutic area head of neuroscience.
- Vanessa Benavides joined Kaiser Permanente as senior vice president and chief compliance and privacy officer for Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc. She previously was vice president and chief compliance officer for Tenet Healthcare....Image Stream Medical appointed Sam Adams senior vice president of sales. Adams most recently held the same position at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions....BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee named Tina Mathur director of health and wellness product strategy. Mathur previously was health strategies consultant for customer analysis and solutions at UnitedHealthcare under UnitedHealth Group.
- Telesta Therapeutics Inc. appointed Brian Groch chief commercial officer. He previously was vice president of market access at Horizon Pharma....The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) named Mary Anne Ashley chief of legislative affairs. She most recently was director of government relations at the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS)....The Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) named Scott Kipper vice president of state affairs. Kipper previously was insurance commissioner of Nevada....Intrexon Corp. appointed Joseph Vaillancourt senior vice president and head of the environmental sector. He most recently was founder and managing partner of V Enterprises LLC.
- Health Care Service Corp. named Andy Napoli senior vice president and chief customer service officer. Napoli most recently was vice president in the office of the president at Aetna Inc....DaVita HealthCare Partners appointed Suzanne Hansen senior vice president of new market integration. Hansen previously had worked for DaVita, and most recently was a consultant at Tandigm Health....Lisa Zakarin joined Publicis Hawkeye as managing director of health and wellness. She previously headed up health care business at Deutsch NY....Caladrius Biosciences, Inc. promoted Vice President, Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer Joseph Talamo to chief financial officer.
- IGI Laboratories, Inc. named Stephen Richardson chief scientific officer. He previously was principal consultant at Lachman Consulting Services, Inc....Aetna Inc. named Rick Jelinek executive vice president of the Aetna-Humana integration. He most recently was operating partner at Advent International....Amerigroup Florida and Simply Healthcare Plans appointed Lourdes Rivas plan president of their state Medicaid business. She previously was president and CEO of Simply Healthcare Plans.
- The National Kidney Foundation named Kevin Longino CEO. Longino is a member of the board and of the executive and development committees....The Goodman Group appointed Amanda Watson director of Platinum Passport Services. Watson previously was project coordinator for University of Minnesota Physicians....Covenant Care appointed Ron Fried senior vice president and chief growth officer. He most recently was executive vice president of development and public affairs for VITAS Healthcare....Cancer Treatment Centers of America Co-Founder and Vice Chairman Robert Mayo is retiring.
- Human Longevity, Inc. appointed William Roper, Jr., chief financial officer. He previously was interim chief financial officer....Tim Slee joined Cigna Corp. as head of global individual broker sales. Slee most recently was global corporate sales director of Bupa International....Cesca Therapeutics Inc. President Ken Harris resigned. The company is searching for a replacement....Families USA named Craig Obey deputy executive director. He previously was senior vice president of the National Parks Conservation Association.
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) named Stephen Ubl president and CEO. Ubl previously held the same role at the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed)....Nonin Medical, Inc. promoted Vice President of Business Development Christopher Holland to chief commercial officer....The Washington State Medical Association appointed Ray Hsiao, M.D., president. Hsiao is a child psychiatrist and addiction specialist at Seattle Children’s....Kaiser Permanente named Rahul Rastogi, M.D., chief operations officer of Northwest Permanente. He most recently was continuing care services director of operations and medical director of Kaiser’s Regional Telephonic Medical Center and Transportation Services.
- BeiGene, Ltd. named Jinyou Zhang, Ph.D., senior vice president in charge of bioprocess development and manufacturing. Zhang previously was vice president and site head of WuXi AppTec in China....Human Longevity, Inc. named Interim Chief Financial Officer William Roper, Jr., to the position permanently....Andrew Hetherington joined Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. as vice president of manufacturing operations. He most recently was head of immuno manufacturing in the diagnostics division of Novartis....Tumbleweed Holdings, Inc. appointed member of the board Seth Lukash president and CEO. He previously was chairman and CEO of Tridex Corp.
- The American Association for Cancer Research appointed Robert Schreiber, Ph.D., and Philip Greenberg, M.D., editors-in-chief of Cancer Immunology Research. Scheiber is director of the Center for Human Immunology and Immunotherapy Programs at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, and Greenberg is head of the Program in Immunology at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center....Paradigm Health Holdings, LLC named RoxAnne Low area vice president of sales and marketing of Paradigm Services Group, LLC in Dallas. Low previously was regional vice president of business development for Interactive Health, Inc....Amendola Communications appointed Stephanie Fraser senior media relations and social media director. Fraser most recently was director of communications and corporate relations for the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME).
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. appointed Lou Gianquinto state president of its Missouri business. He previously was corporate vice president of strategic initiatives....DaVita HealthCare Partners promoted Asia Pacific President Atul Mathur to executive vice president of global operations....Bristol Hospice, L.L.C. named Stephen Leedy, M.D., president and CEO. Leedy previously was vice president of post-acute care at BayCare Health System....Arvinas LLC appointed Robert Kleinfield, Ph.D., chief development officer. He most recently was in charge of global oncology programs for Takeda Pharmaceuticals.
- The Scripps Research Institute promoted faculty member Peter Schultz to CEO and named Steve Kay president. Kay most recently was dean of the University of Southern California Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences....The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) appointed Evelyn Whitlock, M.D., M.P.H., chief science officer. Whitlock previously was senior investigator and senior director of evidence-based medicine research at the Kaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research....Paradigm Health Holdings, LLC named David Mallen regional vice president of sales and marketing of Paradigm Service Group, LLC. Mallen previously had worked with Paradigm as a vendor partner.
- Sara Hanlon, vice president of risk solutions for the National Business Coalition on Health, is leaving the organization because of “streamlining.” She is launching her own consulting firm....The National Association of Chain Drug Stores named Jason Ausili director of pharmacy affairs. He most recently was health quality leader at Target Corp....Hygieia named David Conn president and head of U.S. business. Conn previously was president of Facet Technologies....Jennifer Schneider, M.D., M.S., joined Livongo Health as chief medical officer. She most recently held the same title at Castlight Health.
- President Obama nominated Robert Califf, M.D., as the commissioner the Food and Drug Administration. Califf currently is the FDA deputy commissioner for medical products and tobacco....BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Senior Vice President of Government Programs Scott Pierce to executive vice president and chief operating officer....Opsens Inc. appointed Tony Gibbons vice president of sales and marketing. Gibbons previously was intercontinental president at Boston Scientific Corp....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Vice President of Market Development Lauralie Rubel state president of its Iowa business.
- Dynasil Corp. of America named Linda Zuckerman, Ph.D., CEO of Xcede Technologies, Inc. She previously was president of ProFibrix....Accuray Inc. promoted Senior Vice President of Finance Kevin Waters to chief financial officer....Premise Health appointed Don Rucker, M.D., chief medical officer. Rucker most recently was clinical professor of emergency medicine and biomedical informatics at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and chief operating officer of its IDEA Studio....Medullan promoted UX Manager Rebecca Lord to head of global user experience.
- MWW Public Relations named Matthew Holland senior vice president of its corporate health care practice in New York. Holland previously was executive director of public health solutions at WebMD....PureTech Health plc appointed Michael MacLean chief financial officer and executive vice president. MacLean most recently was chief financial officer of Iron Mountain Inc....Ellipse Technologies, Inc. named Jeff Rydin chief sales officer and Bob Krist chief financial officer. Rydin previously was president of global sales for NuVasive, Inc. and Krist most recently was chief financial officer at Endologix, Inc.
- The Society of Actuaries named Jeremy Brown 2015-2016 president-elect. Brown recently retired as executive vice president and chief actuary at Mutual of America Life Insurance Co....Eric Slusser joined Express Scripts Holding Co. as executive vice president and chief financial officer. He previously was chief financial officer of Gentiva Health Services, Inc....CleanSlate Addiction Treatment Centers appointed Patrick Murphy chief financial officer. Murphy most recently was founder at Women’s Health USA.
- The Goodman Group named Tim Getty national director of sales. Getty previously was vice president of senior living at Health Dimensions Group....Blake Michaels joined VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies as vice president of sales. Michaels most recently was director of key accounts for Novartis unit Alcon Laboratories....MedZed, LLC appointed Neil Solomon, M.D., cofounder, chief strategist and chief medical officer. Solomon previously was vice president for quality and care system transition at Blue Shield of California....EMD Serono named Scott Filosi senior vice president of managed markets. Filosi most recently was head of U.S. market access and pricing as well as head of established brands in the U.S. for UCB Pharma.
- athenahealth, Inc. named Tim O’Brien chief marketing officer. He previously managed integration efforts between Epocrates and athenahealth, which he will continue overseeing….Deloitte LLP promoted Principal Greg Reh to vice chairman of the company and leader of its national life sciences practice….Express Scripts Holding Co. promoted President Tim Wentworth to CEO, succeeding retiring CEO George Paz….Seno Medical Instruments, Inc. Founder and CEO Janet Campbell is retiring to pursue her new venture, Dominion Medical. She will remain on the board.
- Array BioPharma appointed Patricia Henahan to chief financial officer. She most recently was vice president of finance for Hospira, which was acquired by Pfizer....Abide Therapeutics named Donald Hertzog, Ph.D., vice president of early lead identification. Hertzog previously was site head and director of GlaxoSmithKline’s molecular research unit in North Carolina....Juliana Reed joined Coherus BioSciences, Inc. as vice president of government affairs. She most recently led development and execution of global biosimilars for Hospira.
- CryoLife, Inc. appointed John Davis senior vice president of global sales and marketing. He previously was executive vice president of sales and marketing for CorMatrix....Tiffany Diamond joined Paradigm Health Plans as vice president of national operations. She most recently was national senior vice president for UnitedHealth Group....The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) appointed Anthony Lakavage senior vice president of global external affairs. Lakavage most recently was worldwide vice president of public affairs for Becton Dickinson & Co....Denali Therapeutics named Steve Krognes chief financial officer. He previously held the same title at Genentech.
- Stephen Hill, M.D., joined Faraday Pharmaceuticals as CEO. Hill most recently was president and CEO of Targacept, Inc.…AMRI promoted Senior Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing Christopher Conway to senior vice president of discovery and development, as well as global commercial sales….Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. promoted Nu Skin Japan and Nu Skin North Asia President Ryan Napierski to president of global sales and operations….Vincari named Maqbool Patel, Ph.D., chief technology officer. Patel previously was vice president of development for YourCareUniverse.
- Physicians Rx Pharmacy named Gaston Bernstein president and CEO. He most recently held the same title with Soleo Health Specialty Infusion Services....h2 wellness appointed Adam Zeitsiff chief sales officer. He previously was president of Jonas Fitness and business unit manager at Jonas Software....Lauren Edgington joined DaVita HealthCare Partners as chief financial officer of its Florida market. She most recently was regional chief financial officer for Aetna Inc....StemProtein LLC named Thomas Silberg CEO. He previously was president and CEO of Genway Biotech Inc.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc. appointed Elena Hitraya, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer of Crescendo Bioscience. Hitraya most recently was group medical director of rheumatology and immunology for Genentech….The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) named Doug McKeever deputy executive officer for benefit programs policy and planning. He previously held the title in the interim and was chief of health policy research….Summit Therapeutics plc appointed Ralf Rosskamp, M.D., chief medical officer. Rosskamp previously was vice president of global clinical development at NPS Pharmaceuticals.
- The Dohmen Co. named Eric Floyd, Ph.D., M.B.A., chief science officer of Dohmen Life Science Services. He most recently was vice president of U.S. regulatory affairs and clinical quality assurance as well as vice president of global regulatory affairs for Lundbeck, Inc.…Syndax Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Michael Meyers, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president and chief development officer. Meyers previously was vice president of GU oncology and compound and clinical leader for Johnson & Johnson….The Society of Behavioral Medicine appointed Suzanne Miller, Ph.D., editor-in-chief of Translational Behavioral Medicine: Practice, Policy, Research. Miller is a professor and director of the Psychosocial and Bio-Behavioral Medicine Dept. at Fox Chase Cancer Center.
- PipelineRx named Ben Buxton vice president of engineering. Buxton previously held the same title at Rally Software….Jeff Mortensen joined Smart Vision Labs as vice president of sales. He most recently was vice president of business development for PediaVision, now a unit of Welch Allyn….FLX Bio, Inc. appointed Brian Wong, M.D., Ph.D., CEO. Wong previously was senior vice president of research and head of immuno-oncology at Five Prime Therapeutics….Clinical Care Options, LLC named Kathleen Marley-Matts general manager of oncology. She most recently was vice president and managing director of Quintiles Medical Education.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Michael Radu senior vice president of clinical operations and business development. He most recently was CEO of Health Essentials....TeamHealth appointed Steve Clifton executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary. He previously was senior vice president and general counsel at Health Management Associates….Jane Scott joined Health Integrated as senior vice president of professional services. She most recently was senior vice president of clinical and provider innovations at Gorman Health Group.
- CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. named Rachel Humphrey, M.D., chief medical officer. She previously was a member of the board and led immune-oncology at Eli Lilly and Co....Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island appointed Matt Collins, M.D., vice president of clinical integration and Katherine Dallow, M.D., vice president of clinical affairs. Collins most recently was senior director of medical affairs for Fallon Community Health Plan, and Dallow previously was medical director of managed care at Beth Israel Deaconness Care Organization....Anthem, Inc. promoted Empire BlueCross BlueShield Commercial Plan President Brian Griffin to executive vice president and president of commercial and specialty business.
- Landauer, Inc. promoted Michael Kaminski, president of its radiation measurement business, to president and CEO of the company, effective Oct. 1....DaVita HealthCare Partners promoted Dinesh Kumar, M.D., chief medical officer of its California market, to senior vice president of clinical transformation....Health Catalyst appointed Dan Strong chief financial officer. Strong previously held the same title at Control4....Epic Sciences, Inc. named Dave Henderson chief information officer. Henderson most recently had the same role at Sequenom, Inc.
- Regulus Therapeutics Inc. named Michael Huang, M.D., vice president of clinical development. He most recently held the same title at Auspex Pharmaceuticals, Inc....Inergetics, Inc. promoted Operations Manager Stacey Eng to director of operations....MCG appointed Donna Baker-Miller vice president of sales for Medicaid and government markets. She previously was vice president of business development for HealthHelp....Cigna Corp. named Greg Allen president of its Tennessee market. Allen most recently led the Alabama and Tennessee markets for Cigna-HealthSpring.
- Chiasma, Inc. appointed William Ludlam, M.D., Ph.D., vice president of medical affairs. He most recently was senior medical director for U.S. clinical development and medical affairs in pituitary disorders and rare diseases for Novartis Pharmaceuticals....OncoSec Medical Inc. promoted General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Sheela Mohan-Peterson to chief legal and compliance officer....Mark Winham joined Human Longevity, Inc. as chief operating officer. He previously held the same title at Millennium Health....TeraRecon promoted Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing Jeff Sorenson to president, succeeding Venkatraman Lakshminarayan, who is resigning to pursue other interests.
- Porter Novelli appointed Catherine Fink executive vice president of health and wellness. Fink previously was senior vice president and patient engagement lead at Feinstein Kean Healthcare....EAS Consulting Group, LLC promoted Senior Consultant Susan Crane to senior advisor for over-the-counter drugs and labeling....Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc. promoted Chief Commercial Officer Rusty Field to president....Dorla Mirejovsky, Ph.D., joined Beloteca, Inc. as chief scientific officer. She most recently led the formulation department at Avrio Biopharma.
- IM HealthScience appointed David Swenson vice president, marketing and operations. Swenson previously was managing director at DOS & Associates....Patricia Iyer joined the Physician-Patient Alliance for Health & Safety as nurse consultant and podcast moderator. Iyer most recently was founder and leader of her own consulting business....Omnicell, Inc. named Peter Kuipers executive vice president and chief financial officer. Kuipers previously was senior vice president and chief financial officer for Quantcast Corp....BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Chief Operating Officer J.D. Hickey to CEO, succeeding retiring CEO Bill Gracey.
- Achaogen, Inc. named Blake Wise chief operating officer. Wise previously was vice president for Genentech’s Cross BioOncology....ClearDATA appointed Steve Crusenberry senior vice president of products. He most recently was senior vice president of products and engineering at Rackspace....Mike McDowell joined Bond Brand Loyalty as vice president of North American business. He previously was senior director of North American field marketing for BlackBerry....The Employee Benefit Research Institute appointed Harry Conaway CEO. He most recently was senior partner at Mercer LLC.
- Quantum Health named Dana Andrews, M.D., chief medical officer. Andrews spent 15 years as a founding member of Quantum’s research team....Detlef Albrecht, M.D., joined Armetheon, Inc. as chief medical officer and head of drug development. Albrecht most recently was president and CEO of Sorbent Therapeutics, Inc....CoPatient named Tom Torre CEO. Torre previously was founder of Alegeus Technologies....Intermedix Corp. promoted Vice President of Strategy, Business Development and Analytics Kyle Wailes to executive vice president.
- Milton Morris, M.B.A., Ph.D., joined NeuSpera Medical Inc. as CEO. Morris is a member of NeuSpera’s board and most recently was senior vice president of research and development at Cyberonics, Inc....Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals appointed Martin Driscoll president and CEO, replacing Doug Jensen, who is leaving to pursue other opportunities. Driscoll previously was CEO of Asmacure....Veracyte, Inc. named Neil Barth, M.D., chief medical officer. Barth most recently held the same title for Agendia NV....Sonya Soutus joined NBTY, Inc. as senior vice president of public affairs and communications. Soutus previously held the same role at Coca-Cola in North America.
- Ashish Bhatt, M.D., joined Sovereign Health Group as chief medical officer. Bhatt most recently held the same title at Elements Behavioral Health in Florida....Nanomix Inc. appointed Larry Wray, Ph.D., vice president of development. Wray previously held the same position at PerkinElmer....St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital named Keith Perry chief information officer. Perry most recently was associate vice president and deputy chief information officer at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center....The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health appointed Loren Robinson, M.D., deputy secretary for health promotion and disease prevention. Robinson previously was a staff physician at Cobbs Creek Clinic with the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- BayCare Health System appointed Ed Rafalski chief strategy and marketing officer. Rafalski previously held a similar role at Methodist Le Bonheur....University Hospitals promoted UH Elyria Medical Center President Donald Sheldon, M.D., to regional president of community hospitals....HealthSouth promoted Vice President of Financial Reporting Crissy Carlisle to chief investor relations officer....Stephen La Neve joined Bone Biologics Corp. as president and CEO. La Neve previously was president and CEO at Etex Corp.
- Dentons appointed Lori Mihalich-Levin as partner in its health care practice. She previously was director of hospital and GME payment policies at the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)....DaVita HealthCare Partners named Mark Price president of its Colorado market. Price most recently led management services and practice management resources at ChenMed....Greg Kitchener joined BioPharmX Corp. as executive vice president of finance and chief financial officer. He previously was vice president of finance at Cepheid....Banner Health named Alexandra Morehouse senior vice president and chief marketing officer. She most recently was customer and brand evangelist for Kaiser Permanente Health Plan.
- ArroHealth named Craig Hauben vice president of operations. Hauben previously was founder of CareConnect....Memorial Hermann Health System promoted Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Brian Dean, M.B.A., to CEO....The American Foundation for the Blind President and CEO Carl Augusto will retire in spring 2016 after 25 years. A successor has not been named....Howard Liang, M.D., Ph.D., joined BeiGene, Ltd. as chief financial officer and chief strategy officer. Liang previously was a managing director at Leerink Partners and head of biotechnology equity research.
- James Mackaness joined Invuity, Inc. as chief financial officer. He most recently was chief financial officer and chief operating officer for IRIDEX Corp....Chiasma, Inc. appointed Anand Varadan chief commercial officer. Varadan previously was vice president of marketing for the U.S. inflammation and nephrology segment of Amgen....Radiation Business Solutions named Rick MacLean chief financial officer. He most recently was chief financial officer and chief operating officer for Jamison Inc....Bloom Health promoted Chief Operating Officer Jim Priebe to CEO.
- Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Deborah Ascheim, M.D., chief medical officer. She previously was professor of health policy and medicine and director of the clinical trial unit at the International Center for Health Outcomes and Innovation Research....The American Association for Cancer Research named Joseph Testa, Ph.D., senior editor of Cancer Research. Testa is the Carol and Kenneth E. Weg Chair of Human Genetics at Fox Chase Cancer Center....Highmark Health named Brian Rinker senior vice president of the northeastern Pennsylvania region. He most recently was senior vice president and chief administrative officer at Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Freeborn & Peters LLP appointed Deborah Dorman-Rodriguez and David Kaufman to lead its new health care practice. Dorman-Rodriguez previously was chief legal officer at Health Care Service Corp., and Kaufman most recently was general counsel at HCSC unit Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois....Altitude Edge Cos. promoted Peak PACE Solutions Chief Operating Officer Patty Bailey to CEO of the unit....Tyler Wilson joined the National Home Infusion Association (NHIA) as president and CEO. Wilson previously was executive director of the National Association for Proton Therapy (NAPT).
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals named Yasir Al-Wakeel chief financial officer and head of corporate development. Al-Wakeel most recently was a director in the health care investment banking team at Credit Suisse....Centene Corp. Chief Financial Officer William Scheffel will retire in 2016. Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer Jeffrey Schwaneke will replace him....Keith Holliday, Ph.D., joined STAAR Surgical Co. as vice president of research and development. He previously held the same position at ReVision Optics....NanoSmart Pharmaceuticals appointed Kay Metis vice president of strategic alliances. Metis previously was senior director of health care strategy at West Health Institute.
- Commonwealth Care of Roanoke named Jeannie Adams director of legal services. Adams previously was director at Hancock, Daniel, Johnson & Nagle, PC....Nicki Vasquez, Ph.D., joined Sutro Biopharma as vice president of alliance and project management. She most recently was vice president of program and portfolio management for StemCells, Inc....ABC Financial appointed Sal Pellegrino senior vice president of client management. He previously was director of national accounts for Star Trac....IRIDEX Corp. Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer James Mackaness has resigned to pursue another opportunity. A replacement has not been named.
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Foundation Executive Director Mindy Smith resigned. Chief Operating Officer Elizabeth Keyes has been named to the post in the interim....BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Inc. appointed Yoram Bibring chief financial officer. He most recently held the same title at Sapiens North America....Ortho Clinical Diagnostics named Kristie Bouryal chief corporate brand and communications officer. She previously was chief marketing and communications officer for Marsh....Paul Gallant joined Organovo Holdings, Inc. as general manager of in vitro tissue service and product business. He had been chief operating officer of DiscoveRx.
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) named Rajesh Ranganathan, Ph.D., vice president of science and regulatory advocacy. He previously was director of the Office of Translational Research at the National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Strokes (NINDS)....Precision appointed Timothy Carlson chief financial officer. Carlson most recently was executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer of ATMI....The Alliance for Health Reform Executive Vice President and CEO Edward Howard will retire in March 2016. A replacement has not been named.
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP named Jill DeGraff Thorpe partner in its health care practice. Thorpe previously was a managing member at Golden Stone, LLC....U.S. Anesthesia Partners, Inc. appointed Richard Dutton, M.D., M.B.A., chief quality officer. Dutton held the same position at the American Society of Anesthesiologists....Status GO! appointed Drew Wellage vice president of healthcare strategy. Wellage previously managed population health at Centura Health....Steve Fernandez joined Conisus as chief information officer. He most recently was chief technology officer at The Coca-Cola Co.
- Brian Garcia joined Welltok as chief technology and product officer. He most recently was chief technology officer for Healthagen....Histogenics Corp. promoted Senior Vice President of Technical Operations Stephen Kennedy to chief technology officer....Delta Dental of New Mexico President and CEO Walter Bolic will retire in June 2016. The board is searching for a replacement....Health Care Service Corp. President and CEO Patricia Hemingway Hall is retiring at the end of the year. Chief Strategy Officer Paula Steiner will replace her....Quantum Health appointed Jan Berger, M.D., chief clinical strategist. Berger previously was senior vice president and chief clinical officer for CVS/caremark.
- John O’Neil joined Vincari as executive vice president of business development. He most recently was president and CEO of St. Vincent’s Health System....StartUp Health named Dave Chase healthcare transformer in residence. Chase previously was co-founder of Avado....Turing Pharmaceuticals appointed Craig Rothenberg chief communication officer. He had been vice president and senior communication leader at Johnson & Johnson....Beacon Health Options named Jorge Petit, M.D., regional senior vice president in New York. Petit previously was founder and president of Quality Healthcare Solutions Group.
- Timothy Wons joined LHP Hospital Group, Inc. as senior vice president of acquisition and development. Wons had been executive director for J.P. Morgan Securities LLC....LaunchPoint named Timothy Cahill senior vice president of sales and Jordan Firfer vice president of product strategy, as well as practice lead for subsidiary Ajilitee. Cahill previously was senior vice president of sales and account management at AfterMath Claim Science, Inc., and Firfer formerly was strategy and corporate development executive for Availity....CollPlant Ltd. appointed Shomrat Shurtz senior director of business development, effective Sept. 20. Shurtz was senior director at Protalix Biotherapeutics Inc.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. promoted South Carolina Chief Operating Officer Kathy Warner to state president....CTI BioPharma Corp. appointed Bruce Seeley executive vice president and chief commercial officer. He most recently was senior vice president and general manager of diagnostics for NanoString Technologies, Inc....Otic Pharma Ltd. named Gregory Flesher CEO. Flesher previously was chief business officer at Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc....Edmund Baxter joined Evercore as senior managing director in its health care division. Baxter previously had held the same title at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Health Care Service Corp. (HCSC) promoted Manika Turnbull to vice president and chief diversity officer. She previously was chief of staff for HCSC unit Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois....FirstCare Health Plans appointed Interim Chief Information Officer Gerald Shields to the position permanently, and promoted Vice President of Compliance and Government Programs Sonya Henderson to senior vice president of corporate compliance and government programs....Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. named Scott Holmes chief financial officer. Holmes most recently was senior vice president of finance and investor relations for AMAG Pharmaceuticals.