Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- Assurex Health named Peter Donato senior vice president and chief financial officer. Donato was most recently executive vice president and chief financial officer for Bovie Medical....Lisa Diehl Vandecaveye, M.B.A., joined the Joint Commission as general counsel. She was previously senior vice president and chief corporate responsibility officer at Beaumont Health....Ampersand Capital Partners appointed Patrick Walsh CEO of Avista Pharma Solutions and Accuratus Labs. Walsh was formerly CEO of AAIPharma Services.
- Sebacia, Inc. named Pedro Medrano vice president of engineering and program management. Medrano was previously director of the project management office for nuclear medicine and imaging at Philips....Marketing Management Analytics (MMA) appointed Eric Talbot senior vice president. Talbot was most recently vice president of strategy and insights at Univision Communication Inc....Nikki Kraus joined Strategic Investment Group as global head of business development. She was formerly director of institutional business at Hirtle Callaghan & Co.
- PDL BioPharma, Inc. named Steffen Pietzke controller and chief accounting officer. He was most recently senior manager at Ernst & Young LLP....Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Gregory Perry chief financial officer, effective July 6. Perry was previously chief financial officer of Eleven Biotherapeutics....OncoSec Medical Inc. named Richard Slansky chief financial officer. Slansky was formerly chief financial officer of GenMark Diagnostics, Inc....William Duke, Jr., joined Pulmatrix, Inc. as chief financial officer. He previously held the same title at Valeritas, Inc.
- Ian Clements, Ph.D., joined Tobira Therapeutics, Inc. as vice president of investor relations and corporate communications. Clements was formerly head of investor relations and corporate communications for Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc....OpenTempo, Inc. named co-founder Andy Comeau CEO. Former President and CEO Rich Miller will assume the role of chief strategy officer....CVS Health appointed Norman de Greve chief marketing officer, effective July 15. Greve is currently president of DigitasLBi’s Boston and Detroit offices....The Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP) named Vice President for Exchange Policy and Director of Strategic Operations Jennifer McGuigan Babcock vice president of Medicaid policy.
- ProNAi Therapeutics Inc. named Barbara Klencke, M.D., chief development officer. She was most recently senior vice president of development at Amgen Inc. subsidiary Onyx Pharmaceuticals....Allen Karp joined Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey as senior vice president of health care management. Karp was formerly senior vice president of national network and accountable care business at Coventry Health Care, Inc., a unit of Aetna, Inc....Kryptiq appointed Joseph Siemienczuk, M.D., chief medical officer. He was previously CEO of Providence Medical Group.
- Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. named Mason Yamashita, M.D., vice president of pharmacovigilance. Yamashita was formerly vice president of clinical development and drug safety at Isis Pharmaceuticals....Chief Marketing Officer Jill Schiaparelli resigned from AxoGen, Inc. to take another position. A replacement has not been named....Martin Birkhofer, M.D., joined NuCana as chief medical officer. He previously held the same title at inVentiv Health Clinical....MemorialCare Health System promoted John Bishop, chief financial officer for Long Beach Memorial, Miller Children's & Women’s Hospital Long Beach and Community Hospital Long Beach, to CEO of the three hospitals.
- SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. appointed Dale Yuzuki director of market development in precision oncology and Ram Santhanam director of market development in reproductive health. Yuzuki was most recently senior market development manager for Life Technologies/Thermo-Fisher Scientific Corp., and Santhanam was previously global sales account manager at RainDance Technologies....Quality Health Strategies, Inc. promoted President and Chief Operating Officer Ronald Forsythe, Ph.D., to CEO....Steve Nuckols joined ERT as executive vice president and chief commercial officer. Nuckols was formerly vice president and general manager for central region IT at GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric.
- Ambrx, Inc. named Tiecheng (Alex) Qiao CEO. Qiao was previously partner at Coentre LLC....Tocagen Inc. appointed Asha Das, M.D., vice president of clinical development and medical affairs. Das most recently helped launch drug products at Genentech....Fran Carpentier joined FleishmanHillard as senior vice president and media strategist. Carpentier was formerly an editor at Parade magazine....Guggenheim Securities named David Magstadt senior managing director in its health care investment banking group. Magstadt was previously managing director for health care mergers and acquisitions for Citi Global Markets.
- HHS named Deven McGraw deputy director of health information privacy in the Office for Civil Rights. McGraw was previously partner and co-director of health privacy and data security practice at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips....Capital BlueCross appointed Debbie Rittenour senior vice president of government programs. She was most recently vice president of government markets for Florida Blue....David Joyner, M.D., joined the Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine as senior vice president and executive director. Joyner was previously athletic director for Penn State University.
- Transition Therapeutics Inc. promoted Chief Operating Officer Carl Damiani to president and chief operating officer....Twist Bioscience appointed Solange Glaize chief financial officer. Glaize was formerly corporate controller and chief accounting officer for Agilent Technologies....HUYA Bioscience International named Bob Goodenow, Ph.D., chief business officer. Goodenow was previously chief business officer for Syndax Pharmaceuticals....hCentive appointed VJ Bala senior vice president and head of marketing. Bala was most recently associate vice president and head of marketing and alliances for Infosys Public Services, Inc.
- John Littel joined Magellan Health, Inc. as senior vice president of government affairs and communications. Littel was most recently senior vice president of government affairs for Anthem, Inc....Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. named Houman Hemmati, M.D., Ph.D., vice president of medical and clinical development for new therapies. Hemmati was previously director of clinical development at Allergan....EmployerDirect Healthcare appointed Shane Foss chief operating officer. Foss was formerly chief commercial officer for ProNerve, Inc.
- Carl McDonald joined Health Care Service Corp. as senior vice president of treasury, investments and business development. He was formerly an equity research analyst for Citigroup....ProNAi Therapeutics Inc. named Sukhi Jagpal, M.B.A., chief financial officer. Jagpal most recently served in the same role for QLT Inc....Cellectar Biosciences, Inc. appointed James Caruso president and CEO. He was previously executive vice president and chief operating officer and cofounder of HIP Innovation Technology, LLC....ZS Pharma, Inc. named Jeffrey Farrow chief financial officer. Farrow was formerly chief financial officer for Hyperion Therapeutics, Inc.
- CTG named Alfred Hamilton, Ph.D., vice president and general manager of CTG Healthcare and Life Sciences, effective July 22. Hamilton was previously assistant professor and senior advisor to the associate provost for military and veterans affairs at The George Washington University School of Public Health....Syndax Pharmaceuticals appointed Briggs Morrison, M.D., CEO. Morrison was most recently executive vice president of global medicines development and chief medical officer for AstraZeneca....Bill Mordan joined Shire plc as general counsel and corporate secretary. Mordan was formerly group general counsel and corporate secretary for Reckitt Benckiser Group plc.
- HemoShear promoted Chief Business Officer Vincent Aurentz to president....Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. named Michael Beardall president of Nutri-Force Nutrition. Beardall was previously president of Capstone Nutrition....Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. appointed Robert Rosiello executive vice president and chief financial officer. Rosiello was formerly senior partner at McKinsey & Co.
- Tarsis Lopez joined Astellas as associate director of external and digital communications. Lopez was formerly a spokesperson for Takeda Pharmaceuticals International, Inc....Optimum Physician Alliance named Suzanne Gannon executive director. Gannon was previously director of joint venture operations for HealthNow New York Inc....VSP Global appointed Global Chief Marketing Officer Kate Renwick-Espinosa to president of VSP Vision Care....PM Pediatrics named David Mathison, M.D., M.B.A., mid-Atlantic regional medical director. Mathison was most recently medical director of the pediatric transport team for Children’s National.
- Kentucky Health Cooperative, Inc. CEO Janie Miller is stepping down for personal reasons. Glenn Jennings has been named to the position in the interim....Exlites Holdings International, Inc. promoted Secretary and Director Mike Dillon to president. Exlites also parted ways with officers and directors Mark Julian and Martin Burns....MEDcare Urgent Care appointed Vice President of Talent, Training and Recruiting JoLynn Aponte compliance officer....Stephana Patton, Ph.D., joined BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. as vice president and general counsel. Patton was previously vice president of intellectual property and licensing for Salix Pharmaceuticals.
- XBiotech named Kelly Thornburg senior vice president of operations. Thornberg was most recently executive director and quality site head for Amgen Inc....Amyris, Inc. appointed Caroline Hadfield senior vice president of personal care and Cynthia Bryant senior vice president of corporate development and collaborations. Hadfield was previously global product director for Bodyshop International, and Bryant was formerly senior director of marketing and business development for Novozymes....Jean Chan, M.D., joined Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. as vice president of clinical development. Chan was previously director of global clinical research of CV/metabolics at Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- TeleHealth Services, Inc. appointed Gary Kolbeck vice president of business development. Kolbeck was most recently president of SONIFI Health....Accolade named Chris Covill executive vice president of Strategic Partnerships. Covill was previously partner and North America sales leader in the health and benefits division of Mercer LLC....Darren Findley joined AMN Healthcare as vice president of recruitment process outsourcing. Findley was formerly vice president and managing director of recruitment solutions for Kenexa, a unit of IBM....Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. Chief Financial Officer David Ramsay is retiring June 15. Laurie Stelzer, formerly senior vice president of finance for research and development, technical operations and business development at Shire, will succeed him.
- Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc. named Dan Dunham senior vice president and chief compliance officer. Dunham was most recently compliance officer for Aptalis Pharma US, Inc....Intrexon Corp. appointed Olivier Jarry, M.B.A., senior vice president of the consumer sector. Jarry was previously founder and managing partner of Imagiance LLC....Klaus Gottlieb, M.D., joined Synthetic Biologics, Inc. as vice president of clinical and regulatory affairs. Gottlieb was formerly senior medical director and therapeutic strategy lead of gastroenterology for Quintiles....HealthCare Royalty Partners named Shin Kang, Ph.D., vice president. Kang was most recently vice president of equity research in the securities division of Wells Fargo.
- RxEOB appointed Roopesh Kumar vice president of information technology. Kumar was most recently tech lead at GE Healthcare, a division of General Electric....Charles Stacey, M.D., joined Accera, Inc. as president and CEO. Stacey was previously senior investment manager for Inventages....Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc. named Louise Blythe vice president of regulatory affairs and Brian Rosenberger vice president of alliance and strategic portfolio management. Blythe was formerly director of regulatory affairs and quality assurance at Forest Laboratories Canada Inc., and Rosenberger was previously head of marketing for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc.’s product Testim.
- Apogenix named Peter Willinger chief financial officer. Willinger was formerly chief financial officer of LION bioscience AG/SYGNIS Pharma AG....Eliseo Oreste Salinas, M.D., joined Turing Pharmaceuticals AG as president of research and development. He was most recently president and chief scientific officer of Relmada Therapeutics....BioClinica, Inc. appointed David Peters executive vice president and chief financial officer. Peters was previously chief financial officer of WCCT Global....Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. named Eric Benevich chief commercial officer. Benevich was most recently vice president of marketing at Avanir Pharmaceuticals.
- Stephanie Reich joined Stateside Associates, Inc. as vice president of state and local issues. Reich previously worked for the Washington, D.C., Dept. of Employment Services....AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Julie Krop, M.D., chief medical officer and senior vice president of clinical development and regulatory affairs, and Audrey Wu vice president of commercial strategy and marketing for maternal health. Krop was most recently vice president of clinical development for Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Wu was formerly a marketing strategy consultant....Comprehensive Pharmacy Services appointed Sam Daniel chief financial officer. Daniel was previously chief financial officer and founder of Regional Diagnostic Laboratories, Inc.
- athenahealth, Inc. named Vice President of Business Development Kyle Armbrester acting chief technology officer following the resignation of Jeremy Delinsky, who is joining Wayfair....Juno Therapeutics appointed Hyam Levitsky, M.D., executive vice president of research and chief scientific officer. Levitsky was previously head of cancer immunology experimental medicine at Roche....Laura Nelson, M.D., M.B.A., joined Prevea Health as vice president and chief medical officer of the northern division. Nelson was most recently chief medical officer for Marshfield Clinic.
- SI-BONE, Inc. named Laura Francis chief financial officer. She previously held the same title at Auxogyn, Inc.…Delcath Systems appointed Jennifer Simpson, Ph.D., president and CEO. She was previously interim president and CEO.…Merus Labs named Frank Rotmann vice president and head of European operations. Rotmann was most recently vice president of central eastern Europe for Takeda Pharmaceuticals.…Andrew Davis joined Silk Road Medical, Inc. as executive vice president of global sales. Davis was formerly vice president of sales and marketing for the Advanced Wound Therapy Group at Acelity.
- Health Net, Inc. appointed William Carnett, D.O., regional medical director of Oregon and Washington for Health Net Health Plan of Oregon, Inc. Carnett was previously primary care medical director at Willamette Health Partners/Salem Health....Zafgen, Inc. named Nerissa Kreher, M.D., M.B.A., global head of medical affairs and Kevin Malobisky, Ph.D., global head of regulatory. Kreher was most recently global clinical development lead of neonatology at Shire, and Malobisky was formerly a senior regulatory consultant at the Harte Group....Delvecchio Finley joined Alameda Health System as CEO. He was previously CEO for Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.
- Ken Goulet, executive vice president and president of the commercial and specialty business division for Anthem, Inc., will retire later this summer....Health Net, Inc. named Andy Ortiz senior vice president of organization effectiveness and chief people officer. Ortiz was most recently chief human resources officer at Western Dental Services/Brident....Richard Wang, Ph.D., M.B.A., joined Cellular Biomedicine Group Inc. as chief operating officer. Wang was previously senior site leader and head of operations in research and development for GlaxoSmithKline in China.
- EDC appointed David Offensend president and CEO. He was formerly chief operating officer of America Achieves....Northwestern Medicine named Shohreh Shahabi, M.D., chief of gynecologic oncology at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Shahabi was previously system chair of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive biology at Western Connecticut Health Network’s Danbury Hospital and New Milford Hospital....Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas promoted its chief medical officer of the Houston and southeast regions, Robert Morrow, M.D., to president of those regions.
- Richard Gibson, M.D., joined PeraHealth as physician executive. Gibson was most recently chief of health care intelligence at Providence Health & Services....Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago named Kary McIlwain vice president of marketing. She was previously president and North American managing partner of Y&R....Sarcos Corp. named Preston Woo chief financial officer and head of corporate development. Woo was formerly head of corporate development at Pendrell Corp.
- America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) President and CEO Karen Ignagni is leaving to become president and CEO at EmblemHealth. Board Chairman and Cambia Health Solutions President and CEO Mark Ganz was appointed to succeed her in the interim....Advaxis, Inc. named Fred Frullo vice president of regulatory affairs. Frullo was previously director of global regulatory strategy for Bristol Myers Squibb....Summit Behavioral Health appointed Jim Kane CEO. Kane was formerly chief operating officer at Gosnold on Cape Cod....Eldon Richards joined Recondo Technology as chief technology officer. He was previously executive vice president of product and technology for PatientPoint.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota promoted Chief Financial Officer Jamison Rice to senior vice president and chief transformation officer, and appointed Jay Matushak senior vice president and chief financial officer. Matushak was most recently vice president of finance for Medicare and retirement, as well as chief financial officer of national accounts and commercial operations, at UnitedHealth Group....Sutter Health President and CEO Pat Fry will retire in January 2016 after 30 years with the company. Chief Operations Officer Sarah Krevans will succeed him....Gail Buenger joined Scion Dental as vice president of operations. Buenger was formerly director and chief integration officer in the health care division of Navigant Consulting, Inc.
- KPMG LLP named Larry Kocot head of its new Center for Healthcare Regulatory Insight. Kocot helped launch the Medicare Part D program as senior advisor to the administrator at CMS....Lipocine Inc. appointed Jyrki Mattila, M.D., Ph.D., M.B.A., executive vice president and chief business officer. Mattila was most recently chief business officer at iCeutica Operations, LLC....Eric Loumeau joined Otonomy, Inc. as general counsel and chief compliance officer. He was previously vice president of legal affairs at The Medicines Company.
- Jennie Hanson joined Numotion as chief strategy officer. Hanson was previously a principal partner at The Physician Leadership Institute....The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery named James Grotting, M.D., president. Grotting is a clinical professor of plastic surgery at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and adjunct clinical professor at the University of Madison-Wisconsin....The Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation appointed Neal Reisman, M.D., president. He is a clinical professor of plastic surgery at Baylor College of Medicine and chief of plastic surgery at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital....Triple-S Management Corp. President and CEO Ramon Ruiz-Comas is retiring Jan. 1, 2016. Chief Operating Officer Roberto Garcia-Rodriguez will succeed him.
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) named Paul Aines, chief financial officer and senior director of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), executive vice president of administration and chief financial officer, succeeding Del Persinger, who is retiring....Valley Agriceuticals, LLC, named John Cutter chief security officer. Cutter was most recently deputy chief of criminal intelligence for the New York Police Department (NYPD)....AlloSource appointed Kerr Holbrook chief commercial officer. Holbrook was previously group vice president of strategy, portfolio management and business development for Covidien.
- ManTech International Corp. named Carl Buising, M.D., chief medical officer of ManTech Health. Buising was most recently federal chief medical officer and lead clinical executive for military health programs at Leidos....The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia promoted President and Chief Operating Officer Madeline Bell to president and CEO, succeeding Steven Altschuler, M.D., who is retiring....RainTree Oncology Services Corp. appointed Sriram Iyer president and CEO. Iyer was previously CEO of Engage Health.
- OXiGENE, Inc. named Bill Schwieterman, M.D., president and CEO. He was most recently chief medical officer at Chelsea Therapeutics, Inc. Current CEO Dai Chaplin, Ph.D., will become chief scientific officer....Xencor, Inc. appointed Mark Lotz vice president of regulatory affairs and Wayne Saville, M.D., vice president of clinical oncology. Lotz was previously a regulatory and quality consultant, and Saville was formerly vice president of clinical development oncology at Tocagen Inc....Beacon Health Options named Jay Curley executive vice president of corporate affairs and chief of staff. Curley previously ran his own consulting firm, Jay Curley & Associates.
- Health Republic Insurance of New York named Daniel Phillips chief financial officer. Phillips was most recently chief financial officer of OrthoNet Holdings Inc....VSP Global promoted Vision Care President Jim McGrann to president and CEO of the company, succeeding Rob Lynch, who is continuing on as a member of the board....Dean Lewis joined MyTelemedicine.com as chief financial officer and chief operating officer. He was formerly co-founder of Iomai Corp....Centrillion Technologies appointed James Zhang, Ph.D., chief strategy officer. He was previously founding partner at Formation 8.
- Jennifer Moore, Ph.D., joined Medicaid Health Plans of America as vice president of policy and research. She was previously health scientist and team lead at the HHS Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Office of Women’s Health & Gender Research....Inivata Ltd. named Emma Green head of clinical development and John Beeler, Ph.D., vice president of business development. Green was most recently head of clinical operations for Cell Therapy Catapult, and Beeler was formerly director of theranostics and business development for bioMerieux....DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. appointed George Hong, M.D., national medical director. Hong previously worked for DaVita as a primary care physician, and most recently was lead medical director for Regal Medical Group.
- Guardant Health named Mort Minaee vice president of regulatory affairs. Minaee was most recently senior director of regulatory affairs for Roche-Ventana Medical Systems....Maureen Early joined Synthetic Biologics, Inc. as vice president of commercial. Early was previously president and co-founder of Upside Endeavors … Applied Proteomics Inc. appointed Erwin Estigarribia vice president of commercial operations. He was formerly vice president of operations for CardioDx....Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. promoted Chief Translational Officer Edward Wirth, III, M.D., Ph.D., to chief medical officer.
- The Obama administration nominated National Coordinator for Health IT Karen DeSalvo to be assistant secretary of HHS. She has served as interim assistant secretary since October....Nexus Informatics appointed Alexandra Wilkes director of sales development. She previously worked on specialty products for Mallinckrodt and BMS....Jonathan Lloyd Jones joined Neuralstem, Inc. as chief financial officer. He was most recently chief financial officer for Columbia Laboratories.
- Adam Young joined MagnaCare as chief legal officer. Young was formerly deputy general counsel at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey....Livongo Health appointed Manny Hernandez senior vice president of member experience. Hernandez is co-founder of TuDiabetes and Diabetes Hands Foundation....American Laboratory Testing, Inc. named Anggie Becorest senior vice president of business development. She was most recently managing partner at Lab Asset Manager....NBTY, Inc. appointed Matthew Roberts, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. He was previously divisional vice president of global research and development at Abbott Nutrition.
- Synthetic Biologics, Inc. named Steven Shallcross chief financial officer, treasury and secretary effective June 1. Shallcross is currently executive vice president and chief financial officer for Nuo Therapeutics, Inc....Kathleen Brenk joined Recondo Technology as chief human resources officer. Brenk was most recently vice president of people and culture for Trust Company of America....Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. appointed Bill Aurora vice president of medical affairs. He was previously vice president of the Global Center for Scientific Affairs at Merck & Co., Inc.
- The Health Care Cost Institute named Scott Leitz chief transformation officer, effective in June. Leitz was previously CEO of Minnesota’s health insurance exchange, MNsure....Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc. appointed James Brady vice president of human resources. Brady was formerly senior director and head of global industrial operations learning and development for Genzyme Corp.....Marta Antonucci, Ph.D., joined Thoratec as president, international. Antonucci was most recently vice president of sales and marketing for S-ICD business at Boston Scientific.
- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Mark Durand chief financial officer. He was previously a member of the board, but stepped down for the new position....Hospital for Special Surgery named Frank Schwab, M.D., spine service chief effective Aug. 1. Schwab was most recently chief of spine deformity for New York University’s Hospital for Joint Diseases....Shire plc promoted Interim Chief Financial Officer Jeff Poulton to chief financial officer and member of the executive committee....Henry Anhalt joined T1D Exchange as chief medical officer. He was formerly senior medical director of medical diabetes at Sanofi.
- American Family Care appointed William Koleszar chief marketing officer. Koleszar was most recently senior vice president of marketing for retail banking, wealth management and commercial banking at BBVA Compass....Unchained Labs named Scott Lockard vice president of product development and Tom Driscoll vice president of marketing. Lockard was previously vice president of engineering at Complete Genomics Inc., and Driscoll has worked in product marketing for 25 years....Jaime Landman, M.D., joined SurgiQuest, Inc. as chief medical officer. Landman is a professor of urology and radiology and chair of the Dept. of Urology at the University of California Irvine School of Medicine.
- Barnabas Health named Ernani Sadural, M.D., director of global health. Sadural is cofounder and chief medical officer of the Life is Great Global Foundation....Cigna Corp. appointed Arjan Toor managing director of global individual private medical insurance. He was previously chief marketing officer for Cigna’s international markets....Marchell Gebhardt joined Nexus Medical as chief financial officer. She was most recently corporate controller at OCI Energy....Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc. promoted Senior Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Edwin Kamemoto, Ph.D., to executive vice president of research and development and quality.
- Matrix Medical Network named Jean Callahan senior vice president and chief human capital officer. Callahan was formerly director of human resources and talent acquisition for Arizona Public Service....Galderma appointed Kelly Huang, Ph.D., vice president and general manager of its aesthetic and corrective business unit. Huang was most recently vice president of research and development for Johnson & Johnson....The National Institutes of Health (NIH) named Eliseo Perez-Stable, M.D., director of the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD), effective in September. He was previously professor of medicine, chief of the Division of General Internal Medicine and director of the Center for Aging in Diverse Communities for the University of California San Francisco.
- SynGen Inc. appointed Chuck Novak vice president and chief financial officer. Novak was previously CFO for ConQuip....Centene Corp. named Ken Yamaguchi, M.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer, and current CMO Mary Mason, M.D., senior vice president and CMO of specialty companies. Yamaguchi was formerly the founder of the Shoulder and Elbow Service at Washington University....Jonathan Kafer joined Akorn, Inc. as executive vice president of sales and marketing. He was previously vice president of account management for Allergan, Inc....Precision Health Economics appointed James Baumgardner, Ph.D., senior research economist. He was most recently deputy assistant director in health, retirement and long-term analysis for the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).
- Imagine Health appointed Brad Kirkpatrick chief growth officer, Diane Rosenthal vice president of national sales and Melissa Floren vice president of business development. Kirkpatrick was previously president of employer and government business for Healthways, Rosenthal was most recently strategic account executive at Quest Diagnostics, Inc. and Floren was formerly head of business development at Navigenics....TissueGene, Inc. named Robert Newman chief operating officer. Newman was previously senior vice president of manufacturing, program management and clinical operations at ZIOPHARM Oncology.
- ArroHealth named Todd Fenton senior vice president of client solutions. Fenton previously held the same title with Gorman Health Group....Enterhealth appointed Walter Ling, M.D., clinical advisor. Ling is a professor of psychiatry and founding director of the Integrated Substance Abuse Programs (ISAP) at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)....Josh Forsythe joined Tute Genomics as vice president of marketing. Forsythe worked in executive sales and marketing for Golden Helix, Inc....Stephen Marcus, chief operating officer for Vibra Healthcare, LLC, is retiring in June. A replacement has not been named.
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. appointed Tom Gibbs senior vice president and chief commercial officer. Gibbs was previously vice president of worldwide commercial operations at Bristol Myers Squibb....Samantha Dawkins joined PruittHealth as vice president of communications. She was formerly global brand director for Caesars Entertainment....Bankers Healthcare Group named Joe Valeo executive vice president of outside sales. Valeo was most recently EVP of national sales for Capital Access Network....Convergent Revenue Cycle Management, Inc. promoted Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing Mark Schanck to company president.
- Zenith American Solutions named Keith Saeger vice president of business development for the Central and Midwestern U.S., and Jay White vice president of the Southeast and East Coast. Saeger was previously relationship manager and business development officer for Associated Bank, and White was most recently vice president of sales for Aetna, Inc....Joseph Luttrell joined CSG Government Solutions as senior consultant. He was formerly consultant to the South Carolina Dept. of Health and Human Services....BioClinica, Inc. appointed Mukhtar Ahmed president of global eClinical business. Ahmed was previously global vice president at Oracle Corp.
- Former CMS Administrator Marilyn Tavenner joined LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. as a member of its board of directors. Tavenner left CMS in February....OpGen, Inc. appointed Kevin Krenitsky, M.D., president and Timothy Dec interim chief financial officer. Krenitsky was previously chief commercial officer for Foundation Medicine, and Dec was most recently senior vice president and CFO for Clubwidesports, LLC....Rite Aid Corp. named Steve Rempel senior vice president and chief information officer. Rempel was formerly CIO, president and CEO for Balance Innovations....Purdue Pharma appointed Alan Butcher senior vice president of licensing and business development. Alan was most recently vice president of business development for Shire Pharmaceuticals.
- California Rehabilitation Institute named John Behzad CEO. Behzad was previously administrator of physical medicine and rehabilitation for Johns Hopkins Medicine, a unit of Johns Hopkins Health System....Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc. appointed Shannon Beltrand chief information security officer. Beltrand was most recently director of information security and service management for Data Recognition Corp....Guggenheim Securities, a unit of Guggenheim Partners, named William Tanner managing director and senior biotech research analyst. Tanner was formerly a senior analyst for Leerink Swann.
- Anthem Blue Cross in California President Mark Morgan is leaving to pursue other interests....VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies appointed Wolfgang Tolle president and CEO, replacing Allen Hill, who is continuing as chairman and advisor. Tolle was most recently president and chief operations officer for PostCreator....Peter Falzon joined Avellino Lab USA as CEO. He previously held executive positions with Coherent Medical and Cutera....Strand Life Sciences named Scott Storrer global president. Storrer was formerly president and CEO of Genomind....Jennifer Saputo joined Astellas as associate director of employee communications. She previously led global human resources and internal communication for AbbVie, Inc.
- Kathleen Alyce Waters joined Health Net, Inc. as senior vice president, general counsel and secretary. Waters was most recently a partner at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP....Prime Therapeutics LLC named Jim DuCharme president and CEO, succeeding Eric Elliott, who left to pursue other interests. DuCharme was previously chief financial officer and treasurer for Harvard Pilgrim Health Care....STAAR Surgical Co. appointed Hans Blickensdoerfer president of international commercial operations. He was formerly president of Europe, Middle East and Latin American operations for STAAR.
- scPharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Brian Piekos chief financial officer. Piekos was previously senior director of corporate finance, tax and treasury for Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc....BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Community Relations and Foundations Manager Dawn Weber to community relations and foundations director....Harry Leonhardt joined Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. as senior vice president, general counsel and chief compliance officer. He was most recently SVP of legal and compliance and corporate secretary for Amylin Pharmaceuticals, a unit of Bristol Myers Squibb.
- Capnia, Inc. named Edward Ebbers chief commercial officer. Ebbers was most recently vice president of worldwide marketing for ophthalmology products at Clarity Medical Systems....HealthNow New York Inc. appointed James Bartolomucci senior vice president and chief risk officer. Bartolomucci previously held the same position with Cliffs Natural Resources, Inc....Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. named Ramona Sequeira president of Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.’s U.S. business unit. She was formerly vice president of Eli Lilly and Co.’s Lilly USA.
- Radius Health, Inc. named Brent Hatzis-Schoch senior vice president and general counsel. He was previously SVP and chief legal counsel for Merz Pharma....Caris Life Sciences promoted Senior Vice President of Research and Development David Spetzler, Ph.D., to chief scientific officer....ArroHealth appointed Steven Scott chief operating officer. Scott was formerly president and COO of Matrix Medical Network....Marcy Graham joined aTyr Pharma as vice president of investor relations and corporate communications. Graham was most recently executive director of investor relations and corporate communications for Ambit Biosciences.
- VytronUS, Inc. named John Pavlidis president and CEO. Pavlidis previously served in the same roles for Endoscopic Technologies, Inc....Eric Pauwels joined PTC Therapeutics, Inc. as senior vice president and general manager of commercial operations of the Americas. Pauwels was formerly chief commercial officer for NPS Pharmaceuticals and president of NPS Pharmaceuticals International....Relmada Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Lisa Nolan, Ph.D., senior vice president of business development. Nolan was most recently managing director of Nolex Advisors LLC....Beacon Health Options named Bill Fandrich executive vice president and chief operating officer. Fandrich was previously senior vice president, chief information officer and head of operations for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
- SteadyMed Ltd. named David Nassif executive vice president and chief financial officer. Nassif was most recently president and CFO of Histogen, Inc....Advanzeon Solutions, Inc. appointed Gerard Smith chief operating officer. Smith was previously CEO and executive director of the Association for Neurologically Impaired Brain Injured Children....Robert O’Neil joined Avista Capital Partners as an operating executive in consumer-related health care investments. He was formerly worldwide vice president of business development for Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group....Anthem, Inc. named Bonnie Jacobs senior vice president of corporate communications. She was previously vice president of corporate affairs and public relations, and chief communications officer for Allergan, Inc.
- AccentCare named Jeff Reynolds chief financial officer. Reynolds was most recently CFO and board secretary for Preferred Homecare, Inc....Bruce Baley joined law firm Leventhal & Puga, P.C. Baley previously represented Iowa in the U.S. House of Representatives....Parata Systems promoted CFO DJ Dougherty to CEO....EnteroMedics Inc. promoted Consulting Chief Medical Officer Scott Shikora, M.D., to executive vice president of medical affairs and chief medical officer....AnaptysBio, Inc. appointed Gerrit Los, Ph.D., vice president of pharmacology. Los formerly directed translational medicine across several immune-oncology biologics for Five Prime Therapeutics.
- The Joint Commission promoted Wendi Roberts to executive director of its certification programs. Roberts was formerly field director for hospital accreditation and disease-specific care certification programs....GlySens named William Markle president and CEO. Markle was most recently founder, president and CEO of GluMetrics, Inc....Vermillion, Inc. appointed Fred Ferrara chief information officer. Ferrara was previously chief information officer and senior vice president for Aurora Diagnostics’ Anatomic Pathology Services Co....Gary Reedy joined the American Cancer Society as CEO, succeeding retiring CEO John Seffrin, Ph.D. Reedy was formerly worldwide vice president of government affairs and policy for Johnson & Johnson.
- The Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) named Jennifer Beeson director of its consumer support group, effective April 17. She was previously deputy executive director and director of government affairs for Families USA....RRD International appointed Katie Laessig, M.D., senior vice president of regulatory affairs and medical safety. She was formerly deputy director of the Division of Anti-Infective Products (DAIP) within the FDA....Cindy Mann joined Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP as partner. Mann was most recently deputy administrator at CMS....Merck KGaA named Frederick Munschauer, M.D., vice president of medical affairs, neurology and immunology for its U.S. unit EMD Serono. He was previously chief medical advisor at Biogen Idec.
- Otonomy, Inc. named Dean Hakanson, M.D., chief medical officer. Hakanson was most recently vice president and head of health economics and outcomes research at Novartis AG....The Dept. of Veterans Affairs appointed Steve Young acting director of the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System. He was previously director of the VA Salt Lake City Health Care System....John Scott joined COR Medical Technologies as chief technology officer. He was formerly group president at Andrew Corp....Christina Coughlin joined Immunocore Ltd. as chief medical officer. She previously led drug development programs for Novartis AG.
- Centene Corp. appointed Marcela Manjarrez-Williams senior vice president and chief communications officer. She was formerly vice president of public affairs for the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis....HCA Gulf Coast Division named Ashley McClellan CEO of The Woman’s Hospital of Texas. McClellan was previously CEO of fellow HCA unit the Medical Center of Lewisville....Home Instead, Inc. added CEO to President Jeff Huber’s title. Former CEO Roger Baumgart will continue on as executive director of the Home Instead Senior Care Foundation....Derwin Wallace joined Cannabis Science, Inc. as financial and investor relations advisor. Wallace is the founder of the Cannabis Investor Conference and Cannabis Investor Webcast.
- HCA Gulf Coast Division promoted Michael Roussos to CEO of Mainland Medical Center. Roussos was previously chief operating officer of Corpus Christi Medical Center....John Mitchell joined Heidrick & Struggles as global practice managing partner of health care and life sciences. Mitchell formerly managed the global private-equity practice for Spencer Stuart....Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. appointed George Ng executive vice president and chief legal officer. Ng was most recently senior vice president and general counsel for BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc.
- Garry Menzel, Ph.D., is resigning as chief financial officer of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. to return to the biopharmaceutical industry. James Hilger will serve in the position in the interim....Jerry Schloffman joined Valenica Technologies as chief of market development. He was previously vice president of U.S. sales for Cochlear Corp....Rare Genomics Institute named Paul Schindler executive director and CEO. Schindler was formerly founder and president of a community organization in Maryland dealing with sanctity of life, human trafficking and child hunger.
- Twinlab Consolidation Corp. appointed Mark Walsh executive vice president and chief operating officer. Walsh was most recently chief operating officer at Pharmavite....Jason Wahler joined Origins Behavioral HealthCare as treatment and recovery advocate. Wahler is known for his role on reality TV show Laguna Beach....Mary’s Medicinals named Noel Palmer, Ph.D., chief scientist. Palmer is a member of the International Cannabinoid Research Society....BioNano Genomics, Inc. appointed Terry Salyer chief commercial officer. Salyer was formerly vice president of worldwide sales at ProteinSimple.
- Nova Southeastern University appointed Kelly Gregg vice president for clinical operations. Gregg was previously chief financial officer and senior manager for Diagnostic Clinic Medical Group....Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Yordon is retiring. He will remain a member of the board, and Frank Kung, Ph.D., has been named as his replacement....The Alliance of Community Health Plans President and CEO Patricia Smith announced she is retiring at the end of the year. She has held the position since 2006....CCS Medical named Rodney Carson president and CEO. Carson was formerly president of MDLIVE.
- The Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. appointed Hammon Acuna senior vice president of business development. Acuna was previously vice president of marketing for SCPIE Holdings, Inc., now a unit of The Doctors Company....Results Physiotherapy named Tony Ueber president and CEO. Ueber was most recently president and CEO of Banfield Pet Hospital....The Huntzinger Management Group, Inc. named Robert LaPorte client executive. LaPorte is currently president-elect of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) South Carolina chapter....Jennifer Bajaj, M.D., joined Paladina Health, a unit of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., as chief medical officer. She was formerly director of population health and complex case management for Kaiser Permanente of Colorado, a unit of Kaiser Permanente.
- Tufts Health Plan named Marc Backon senior vice president and chief sales and marketing officer for commercial products. Backon was formerly in charge of pricing, distribution and product initiatives for a unit of Aetna, Inc....PENTAX Medical promoted PENTAX Medical of the Americas President David Woods to global chief marketing officer....Aridis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Paul-Andre de Lame, M.D., chief medical officer. de Lame was previously chief medical officer of Cardiokine Inc....James Hinrichs joined Alere Inc. as executive vice president and chief financial officer, succeeding David Teitel. Hinrichs most recently served in the same role for CareFusion.
- Verde Technologies, Inc. appointed Jason Sundby president and CEO. Sundby was previously a founding partner of Atlas Capital Partners. Verde also named Christine Horton chief commercial officer. She formerly managed marketing at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc....ITOCHU International Inc. named Joel Harris president and CEO of Telerent Leasing Corp., effective April 1. Harris is currently CEO of Avidex....Fastaff appointed Jeff Files vice president of recruiting. Files was previously vice president of sales for Interim Physicians.
- The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) named Jaap Venema chief science officer. Venema was formerly therapeutic area lead of biotherapeutics in global medical affairs for AbbVie....23andMe appointed Erynn Gordon, M.S., medical marketing director. Gordon is currently vice chair of the New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners’ Genetic Counseling Advisory Committee....Peter Clifford joined Cantel Medical Corp. as chief financial officer, replacing Craig Sheldon, who is retiring. Clifford was most recently vice president of operations finance and information technology for IDEX Corp.
- Kaiser Permanente named Bill Marsh, M.D., associate executive director of government relations and care delivery information technology for The Permanente Foundation. Marsh was previously vice president and chief of staff for the Colorado Permanente Group....Neurotech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Charles Johnson, M.D., chief medical officer. Johnson was formerly vice president of global medical affairs at Vertex....Matthew Posard joined Trovagene, Inc., as executive vice president and chief commercial officer. He was most recently in charge of emerging market opportunities business at Illumina, Inc.
- Geisinger Health System Foundation appointed David Feinberg, M.D., M.B.A., president and CEO, succeeding Glen Steele, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., in May. Feinberg is currently president of the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) Health System....The American College of Cardiology named Kim Williams, M.D., president. He is currently the chief of cardiology and James B. Herrick Professor at Rush University Medical Center....Joseph Shikorsky joined Ella Health as chief financial officer. He was most recently vice president of finance for Physiotherapy Associates.
- The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) named Babette Edgar, M.B.A., president-elect. She is co-founder and principal of BluePeak Advisors....MedAssets, Inc. promoted Chief Financial Officer Charles Garner to executive vice president and chief strategy and transformation officer. The company also appointed Anthony Colaluca, Jr. executive vice president and chief financial officer. He was formerly an independent consultant....Jill Michal joined Independence Blue Cross as vice president of sales services and client experience. Michal was previously president and CEO of United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, a unit of United Way Worldwide.
- xG Health named Marcy Stoots general manager of electronic health records apps. Stoots teaches graduate informatics at Vanderbilt University....Tal Zaks, M.D., Ph.D., joined Moderna Therapeutics as chief medical officer. He was formerly senior vice president of global oncology for Sanofi....Mendor appointed Antonio Ceriello, M.D., medical director. He is currently president of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes group on diabetes and cardiovascular diseases....Amida Technology Solutions named Scott Gould to its strategic advisory board. Gould was previously the deputy secretary of the Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
- CTG named Cliff Bleustein president and CEO, replacing Interim CEO Brendan Harrington, who is reassuming his previous role of chief financial officer. Bleustein was previously chief medical officer and global provider solutions leader for Dell Services....The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP) appointed Jayson Slotnik health policy advisor and Virginia Sweeter meetings and education program consultant. Slotnik is a principal and founding member of Health Policy Strategies, Inc., and Sweeter was formerly deputy executive director for the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy....David Anton, Ph.D., joined Cellana, Inc. as chief operating officer. He most recently held C-level roles at Joule Unlimited, Inc.
- Divurgent named Dana Alexander, M.B.A., vice president of clinical transformation. Alexander was formerly with Caradigm….Ray Boyer joined SDC Nutrition, Inc. as chief financial officer. Boyer was previously a private investor and chief financial officer for Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc.…The Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute appointed Brian Gamble executive vice president and chief financial officer. He was most recently vice president of finance and assistant treasurer for Henry Ford Health System….HUYA Bioscience International named Alain Rolland, Ph.D., executive vice president and chief scientific officer. Rolland was previously corporate officer and executive vice president of product development at Vical.
- The American Association for Cancer Research elected Nancy Davidson, M.D., president for the 2015-2016 term. She is director of the University of Pittsburgh Institute and UPMC CancerCenter….Maetrics promoted Vice President of Sales Steve Cottrell to president….John Schaak joined Scion Dental as president. Schaak was most recently partner at Quarles & Brady LLP….Phillips & Cohen LLP named Peter Budetti, M.D., of counsel. Budetti was known as the “anti-fraud czar” as director of the CMS Center for Program Integrity.
- Lycera Corp. named Jeffrey Wilkins, M.D., chief medical officer. Wilkins was previously clinical lead and partner of NeXeption, LLC….Precision for Medicine made several appointments to Precision Advisors: Rachelle Wan, senior vice president; Dominic Galante, M.D., chief medical officer; and Stephen Carter, vice president. Wan was formerly vice president of specialty pharmacy benefit solutions for Prime Therapeutics, Galante was vice president of medical quality management at MVP Health Care and Carter managed pricing and access strategy for Campbell Alliance.
- DomiKnow, Inc. named Barry Adams chief operating officer. Adams was formerly a principal with ColBridge Capital….Alere Inc. announced David Teitel is resigning as chief financial officer. Teitel has pledged to stay on until a replacement is named….Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield promoted Provider Network Operations Manager Dan Stevens to director of provider network operations and Education and Development Manager Joy Evans to director of internal operations training….Kathleen Billingsley joined Blue Shield of California as vice president of its California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) and University of California business. She was most recently director of policy and programs at the California Dept. of Public Health.
- Harold Varmus, M.D., is resigning as director of the National Cancer Institute under the National Institutes of Health to become a professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. Deputy Director Douglas Lowy, M.D., has been named acting director....UCare appointed Jim Eppel CEO, succeeding Nancy Feldman when she retires this summer. Eppel is currently senior vice president of OptumInsight, a unit of UnitedHealth Group....Seattle Children’s Hospital, Foundation and Research Institute named Jeff Sperring, M.D., CEO effective in May. Sperring is currently CEO of Indiana University Health.
- Adocia named Simon Bruce, M.D., chief medical officer and Stephen Daly U.S. commercial lead of its new U.S. subsidiary, Adocia Inc. Bruce was previously executive medical director at Halozyme Pharmaceuticals, and Daly was formerly vice president of commercial at Halozyme Therapeutics....AMC Health appointed Robert Anazagasty vice president of strategic client development and Jared Wilstead vice president of enterprise sales. Anazagasty and Halozyme were most recently in sales at GE Healthcare....AMRI named Michael Pettersson vice president of international sales. He was previously senior vice president at Teva API.
- Robert Mandel, M.D., M.B.A., joined Activate Healthcare as president of the northeast region. Mandel was previously president and CEO of Health Dialog, a unit of Rite Aid....The Society of Interventional Radiology appointed Alan Matsumoto, M.D., president. He is chair of the Dept. of Radiology and Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia School of Medicine....Perthera named Andrew Mignatti CEO. He was formerly senior vice president of operations for RedPath....Medical Tracking Solutions, Inc. appointed Brian Timberlake senior vice president of sales. He most recently worked for Microsoft ERP/CRM Channel.
- Andy McGuire resigned as president and chief operations officer of Meridian Health Plan to focus on chairing the Iowa Democratic Party. Raymond Pitera was named acting president and chief operations officer....Affinity Health Plan promoted Sharon Deans, M.D., to chief medical officer. Deans was formerly senior director and interim chief medical officer....STAAR Surgical Co. appointed Caren Mason president and CEO. Mason was previously CEO of Verinta Health....Lennie Ryder joined SQI Diagnostics Inc. as chief financial officer. Ryder was most recently chief financial officer and vice president of finance for ConjuChem Biotechnologies Inc.
- Vivex Biomedical, Inc. named Lou Barnes president and chief operating officer of UMTB Biomedical, Inc. Barnes was most recently executive director of DCI Donor Services Tissue Bank, Inc....Rockport Healthcare Services appointed Vincent Hambright CEO. He was previously president and chief operations officer at Healthcare Management Services....Paul Nussbaum, Ph.D., joined Brookdale Senior Living Inc. as national director of brain health. Nussbaum was formerly national director of brain health for Emeritus Senior Living, which merged with Brookdale last year, and is currently adjunct professor of neurological surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Healthsense, Inc. named Katie Christopherson chief customer operations officer. She was formerly director of clinical service solutions for Philips Healthcare....PaySpan, Inc. appointed Rex Adams CEO, succeeding Kevin Amer. Adams’ previous experience includes positions with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and WellCare Health Plans, Inc....Surna Inc. named Bryon Jorgenson CEO, succeeding Tom Bollich when he steps down in April. Jorgenson is currently chief operations officer....Kate Black joined 23andMe as privacy officer and corporate counsel. Black was most recently a federal regulatory and interoperability policy analyst for the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology.
- Michael Malouf joined Anthem, Inc. as president of its dental division. Malouf was previously president and CEO of Dearborn National Insurance Co....Health Care Service Corp. (HCSC) promoted Maurice Smith to president of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois. Smith formerly led HCSC’s treasury department and corporate development initiatives....Ohr Pharmaceutical, Inc. named Avner Ingerman, M.D., chief clinical officer. Ingerman was recently vice president of ophthalmology for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals....Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Jonathan Freve vice president of finance. Freve was most recently senior director of finance for Santaris Pharma A/S, a unit of F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.