Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- Mike Becker was promoted to executive vice president and CEO of the National Association of Professional Insurance Agents. Becker was vice president of federal affairs....Voltarra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Richard P. Becker, Jr. CEO. Becker was global brand leader for JETREA at Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
- Curt Palmer has joined SMC Partners LLC, as chief value steward. Palmer was vice president of client services at iHealth Technologies....The Commonwealth Fund named Donald Moulds executive vice president for programs. Moulds was acting assistant secretary, and principal deputy assistant secretary, for planning and evaluation at HHS.
- The University of Maryland appointed Thomas R. Fuerst director of the Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology Research. Fuerst is founder and chairman of Applied ImmunoGenetics, Inc....Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMSC) named Giovanni Caforio executive vice president and chief commercial officer. Carforio was president of U.S. pharmaceuticals at BMSC's Medarex, Inc.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Robert Hilliard, Jr., M.D., president of Illinois. He will lead WellCare’s Medicare Advantage business, its subsidiary Harmony Health Plan’s Medicaid business and growth initiatives in the state. Hilliard was chief operating officer for UnitedHealthcare’s Community Plan in Texas....CSSi appointed Rose Hunsicker director of business development. Hunsicker comes to CSSI with a history of sales and marketing experience across a wide range of industries, including pharmaceutical, health care information technology and public relations services.
- Health Care Service Corp. unit Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas named Jack Towsley divisional senior vice president for the company’s Texas Health Care Delivery segment. He was senior vice president, payor relations for Health Management Associates, Inc.…CVS Caremark Corp. appointed Tracy Bahl executive vice president of health plans. Bahl spent 10 years at UnitedHealth Group, where he served as CEO of the Uniprise division.
- ENT and Allergy Associates named Eric Saidel director of human resources. Saidel was a senior consultant in Navigant Consulting’s Life Sciences Practice....Castlight Health appointed Michele Law chief revenue officer. Law was chief operating officer at OpenDNS.
- Aprecia Pharmaceuticals Company named Don Wetherhold CEO. Wetherhold was senior vice president of long-term care at Omnicare, Inc....CareCloud appointed Kevin Brown vice president of West Coast sales. Brown was an enterprise sales executive at athenahealth.
- The California Public Employees’ Retirement System named Rose McAuliffe chief of the Division of Financial Planning and Policy. McAuliffe was finance budget analyst at the California Department of Finance....Mercy Health System appointed Marcia James vice president for accountable care. James was director of provider engagement at Humana Inc.
- Healthsense, Inc. named Charles Fazio, M.D., chief medical officer (CMO). Fazio was CMO and senior vice president of Medica Health Plans....WellPoint, Inc. appointed Julie Goon senior vice president of public affairs. Goon was senior health policy advisor for the U.S. House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee.
- The Cancer Treatment Centers of America appointed Jesus Esquivel, M.D., national director of HIPEC (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy). Esquivel was director of the peritoneal surface malignancies program at St. Agnes Health Care Hospital in Baltimore....Greenspoon Marder named Tina Dunsford chair of its health care law practice. Dunsford brings more than 20 years of experience on advising clients on managed care contracting, medical staff issues, compliance, fraud and abuse matters and physician contracting arrangements.
- The AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies promoted Jay Powell to executive director for AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Plans in the District of Columbia. Powell was director, market expansion and development for AmeriHealth Caritas....TxCell SA named Damian Marron CEO. Marron was CEO of Cytheris SA.
- Mercer appointed Jack Noble a principal in its health and benefits business in the firm’s Kansas City office. Noble was strategic account executive and vice president of sales and marketing at Coventry Health Care....The Cancer Treatment Centers of America named Giuseppe Del Priore, M.D., national director of gynecologic oncology. Del Priore was director of gynecologic oncology at the Indiana University School of Medicine.
- The WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) appointed Shai Feinsod regional executive for Israel. Prior to joining WCG, Feinsod founded Healthcare Strategies....Affimed Therapeutics AG named Jens-Peter Marschner, M.D., chief medical officer. Marschner was vice president at Merck KGaA.
- Huron Consulting Group named Jeff Wasserman a managing director in its Huron Healthcare practice. Wasserman joins Huron from JW Healthcare Strategies, LLC, a firm he founded....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. appointed the company’s chairman of the board, David J. Gallitano, interim CEO. Gallitano replaces Alec Cunningham, who was let go Nov. 1.
- ONL Therapeutics named John Freshley CEO. Freshley was chief business officer at Compendia Bioscience....ActiveCare, Inc. promoted David Lee to chief operating officer. Lee was vice president of operations.
- Eli Lilly and Company promoted Alfonso "Chito" Zulueta to senior vice president and president of the emerging markets business, effective Jan. 1. He will replace Jacques Tapiero, who will retire Jan. 31. Zulueta was president and general manager of Lilly Japan since 2008....Nonin Medical, Inc. named Richard Eagle vice president of sales. Eagle has held various global executive sales and marketing positions at CORPAK MedSystems, Teleflex Medical, Smiths Medical and C.R. Bard.
- Mercer LLC said Jack Noble joined the firm’s Kansas City office as principal in its health and benefits business. He was strategic account executive and vice president of sales and marketing for Coventry Health Care....Cigna named Edward Kim president and general manager for the company's Arizona health plans, in addition to his current role as president of Cigna Medical Group.
- Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. announced that Panacela Labs, Inc., a majority-owned subsidiary of CBLI, named Michael Fonstein CEO and president, replacing Dmitry Tyomkin, who was appointed CEO of Buffalo BioLabs, LLC. Fonstein was president of Cleveland BioLabs, LLC ....Immune Design appointed Frank J. Hsu, M.D., vice president and head of oncology. Hsu was chief medical officer for Zyngenia, Inc.
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. said three former CMS officials who most recently worked for Washington, D.C., law firm Dentons have joined their organization. Larry Kocot, former senior advisor to the CMS administrator, joins as a member of the firm’s Health Care and Life Sciences practice; Mark Hamelburg, former director of the Medicare Part C and Part D Analysis Group at CMS, also will be a member of the Health Care and Life Sciences practice; and Thomas Hutchinson, former director of the Medicare Plan Payment Group at CMS, will be a strategic advisor with EBG Advisors....CHE Trinity Health named Richard J. Gilfillan, M.D., president and CEO. Gilfillan was the director of the federal Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation.
- Aetna Inc. named Dijuana Lewis executive vice president responsible for its Consumer Products and Enterprise Marketing organization. Lewis was senior vice president of health care solutions at Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., and previously an executive at WellPoint, Inc...Sapiens Steering Brain Stimulation appointed Jan Keltjens president and CEO. Keltjens was chairman, president and CEO of Endosense SA.
- Centene Corp. subsidiary IlliniCare Health Plan appointed Lindsey Artola vice president of external affairs. She had worked for Presence Health as chief external affairs officer....Biodesy, Inc. named Greg Yap CEO. Yap was GE's health care entrepreneur in residence.
- AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies named Fred Dickson senior vice president of information solutions. Dickson was vice president of information technology at Coventry Health Care....John R. Mascola, M.D., was named director of the Vaccine Research Center (VRC) at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Mascola was acting director and deputy director of the VRC.
- Just Associates, Inc. named Megan Munns a project supervisor. Munns was a business systems analyst for Aurora Health Care....Harold Sox, M.D., was appointed a senior adviser to the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute. Sox is professor of medicine at Dartmouth College’s Geisel School of Medicine.
- CyVek, Inc. appointed Bill Dubiel chief commercial officer. Dubiel was vice president of sales at Roche Tissue Diagnostics....MDLIVE named Malinda McFarlane chief marketing officer. McFarlane was vice president of marketing for Life Line Screening.
- AMC Health named Hon S. Pak, M.D., chief medical information officer consultant; J. Mark McConnell senior vice president of sales, account management and marketing; Joanne Russell vice president of clinical operations; and Frank Tucker chief information officer consultant. Prior to joining AMC Health, Pak was chief medical officer at LongView International Technology Solutions, Inc. McConnell was Verizon Enterprise Solutions' associate director of mobile health solutions. Russell worked at Optum where she supported and was responsible for the clinical oversight of the delivery of care to medically complex populations. Tucker most recently served as CEO of MicroHealth LLC....Harvard Bioscience, Inc. appointed Yoav Sibony vice president of global sales. Sibony was global sales effectiveness manager at Corning Life Sciences.
- AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies named Fred Dickson senior vice president of information solutions. Dickson was vice president of information technology at Coventry Health Care....CareCloud appointed Scott Lentz chief financial officer (CFO). Lentz was CFO of Aprima Medical Software, Inc.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Blair Todt senior vice president of external affairs. Todt was senior vice president and chief compliance officer. Cyndi Baily, vice president and assistant general counsel, has been promoted to senior vice president and chief compliance officer, replacing Todt....Tufts Health Plan promoted Thomas Croswell to president. He serves as Tufts Health Plan’s chief operating officer and interim president of Network Health, a nonprofit health plan subsidiary of Tufts. He will continue performing the duties associated with these roles.
- Greenphire named Alex Livingstone senior director of business development in Europe. Livingstone was global account manager at Phase Forward....McKesson Health Solutions appointed Ian Gordon senior vice president and general manager for decision management. Gordon was president and CEO of Topaz Shared Services.
- The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration appointed Joseph Moser Indiana Medicaid director, effective Nov. 18. Moser was interim executive director for Medicaid Health Plans of America....Social Interest Solutions named John Caterham president and CEO, effective Oct. 31. Caterham was an account general manager at Computer Sciences Corporation.
- Care Technology Systems named Bobby Wamble chief operating officer. Wamble was vice president of specialty pharmacy field operations at BriovaRx....Voisin Consulting Life Sciences appointed Mark De Rosch vice president of regulatory drugs and biologics and head of U.S. operations. De Rosch was vice president and head of global regulatory affairs at Inspiration Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- HealthNow New York, Inc. named Rick Salow vice president of third-party services and David Broome regional sales director for HealthNow Administrative Services. Salow was director of sales service and support at Blue Shield of California. Broome was an independent advisor for health plan strategy consulting....The WIRB-Copernicus Group appointed Lindsay McNair, M.D., chief clinical research officer. McNair was a consultant to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Melinta Therapeutics named Lyn Baranowski senior vice president of corporate development and strategy. Baranowski was vice president of commercial development at Pearl Therapeutics....Erin S. DuPree, M.D., has been appointed chief medical officer and vice president of the Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare. DuPree was chief medical officer and senior vice president for medical affairs at The Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City.
- Novus Medical Detox named Sandra Carey director of nursing. Carey was chief nursing officer, chief clinical officer, director of nursing and director of quality for a Tampa Bay short-term acute care facility....Metrics Inc. appointed Jeffrey Dopf business developer for the West Coast and Midwest regions. Dopf was business development manager for Glatt Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
- The Association for Value-Based Cancer Care named Trisha Sullivan executive director. Sullivan has been involved in improving the care of patients for the past 15 years through educational, industry and nonprofit initiatives....TearLab Corporation promoted Seph Jensen to chief operating officer. Jensen was head of surgical marketing.
- Merck KGaA promoted Belén Garijo to president and CEO of the biopharmaceutical division. Garijo was chief operating officer....Immune Design appointed Jan Henrik ter Meulen, M.D., chief scientific officer. He has led research and development efforts for multiple vaccine and antibody-based programs and directed research teams at Merck & Co.
- MedData, Inc. named Stephen Ghiglieri chief financial officer (CFO) and Dustin Whisenhunt vice president client services and sales – Patient Pay. Ghiglieri was executive vice president, chief operating officer and CFO at NeurogesX, Inc. Whisenhunt was vice president of sales for both Prognosis and TransUnion Healthcare.
- Jaan Sidorov, M.D., has been appointed to the board of directors of PIAA, an insurance trade association representing medical professional liability insurance companies, risk retention groups, captives, trusts, and other entities. Sidorov is chair of the NORCAL Group board of directors....WiserTogether, Inc. named Steven Eno vice president of marketing. Eno was manager of health care programs and marketing at GE Capital.
- Broad and Cassel named Christine Burke Worthen Of Counsel in the firm’s Florida health law practice group. Burke Worthen was assistant general counsel to Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems....Gentris Corporation appointed John Doyle vice president of information technology. Doyle was executive program manager at IBM Global Services.
- Tenex Health said Rom Papadopoulos has resigned as chief financial officer and a member of the board of directors. Ivan Mijatovic, chairman of the company's board of directors, will assume responsibilities as interim CFO....Baxano Surgical, Inc. appointed Greg Slusser vice president of commercial operations. Slusser was vice president of sales and marketing at Defibtech.
- Bone Therapeutics named Wim Goemaere chief financial officer (CFO). Goemaere was CFO at Devgen....KYTHERA Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Mike Ball to its board of directors. Ball is CEO and director of Hospira.
- WellPoint, Inc. appointed John Short and Elizabeth Tallett to its board of directors. Short is the former CEO of RehabCare Group and Tallett is a principal at Hunter & Partners LLC....Amphion Medical Solutions appointed Subbu Ravi chief operating officer (COO). Ravi was vice president of health care IT solutions and product development at Symphony Corporation and acting COO of Symphony Care-Population Health Management.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. said Richard Breon has been appointed to the company’s board of directors. Breon is president and CEO of Spectrum Health System....Complete Genomics, Inc. named Ethan Knowlden senior vice president, general counsel and secretary. Knowlden was vice president of business development and licensing and corporate counsel at Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Inc.
- CAS Medical Systems, Inc. named Brian Wagner chief commercial officer. Wagner was senior vice president and chief marketing officer at Philips Imaging Systems....Competitive Technologies, Inc. appointed Conrad Mir president and CEO. Mir was chief financial officer at Pressure BioSciences, Inc.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Chrissie Cooper president for Arizona, California and Hawaii. Cooper most recently was president of WellCare's Florida and Hawaii division from December 2009 to March 2013....Marc H. Auerbach joined McDonald Hopkins LLC as a member of the firm's national health care practice group. Auerbach was a partner at K&L Gates.
- Cymetrix named William Harriger senior vice president of compliance. Harriger was corporate Medicare compliance officer at Centene Corp....Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Douglass Laidlaw director of medical affairs. Laidlaw was national director of medical science liaisons of the Renal Division at Genzyme/Sanofi.
- ERT named Steven Herne executive vice president and chief commercial officer. Herne was senior vice president of global business development at Icon Development Solutions....BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Ron Payne to director of IT risk and compliance. Payne was manager of business continuity.
- Amarantus Bioscience Holdings, Inc. named F. Randall Grimes director of sponsored research. Grimes was vice president of operations at Provista Life Sciences....St. Jude Children's Research Hospital said its director and CEO, William E. Evans, Pharm.D., will retire in July 2014.
- Tenex Health named Jay Hallinan CEO. Prior to Tenex, Hallinan served in a senior executive sales position at Stryker Neurovascular....Dominion Dental Services, Inc. appointed Chris Davis vice president of sales and service. Davis was sales account executive at Delta Dental of Pennsylvania.
- BIOASTER Technology Research Institute named Tom Shepherd CEO. Shepherd was chief business officer at Kymab Ltd....Health Net, Inc. appointed Mike Klimansky administrator of Health Net Access, Inc. Klimansky was director of business development for Preferred Homecare.
- Magellan Health Services Inc. named Sam Srivastava CEO of Magellan Plan Services. Srivastava was president of national and senior segments at Cigna Corp....Phoenix Marketing International appointed Jaime Hodges executive vice president of the Phoenix Healthcare Group. Hodges was pharmaceutical category lead at Millward Brown.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Andrea Willis, M.D., to chief medical officer and vice president. Willis was medical director of BlueCross’ CHOICES Long Term Services and Supports Program....GoHealth named Robert Millard chief financial officer (CFO). Millard was CFO at Angie's List, Inc.
- DIA named Barbara Lopez Kunz global chief executive. Kunz was president of the Global Health and Life Sciences business at Battelle....The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation appointed Kaitlyn Kenney Walsh director of policy & research. Walsh was director of policy and research and coordinator of national health care reform at the Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority.
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Corey Sohmer vice president of finance and business development. Sohmer was senior director of financial planning and external reporting at EpiCept Corp….Trevena, Inc. appointed Roberto Cuca senior vice president and chief financial officer. Cuca was treasurer and senior vice president of finance at Endo Health Solutions Inc.
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP appointed Holly A. Roth chair of its government contracts practice. Roth was a partner with Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP….Cerami named James Casterton chief financial officer (CFO). Casterton was CFO at WSP SELLS.
- Health Media Network named Joe Petrosino chief revenue officer. Petrosino was senior vice president of pharmaceutical advertising sales for Lifescript....Phoenix House appointed Andrew Kolodny, M.D., chief medical officer. Kolodny was chair of psychiatry at Maimonides Medical Center.
- SuppreMol GmbH named Michael Tansey, M.D., chief development officer. Tansey was chief medical officer at La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company....Humana Inc. appointed Jim Brown California market president for senior products. Brown was the senior vice president at AppleCare Medical Management.
- Catalent Pharma Solutions promoted David Heyens to president of Catalent Asia Pacific. Replacing Heyens as president of Catalent Softgel Technologies will be Aris Gennadios. Gennadios was vice president and general manager of Catalent’s Rx Softgel Technologies....Community Behavioral HealthCare Network of Pennsylvania named Cheryll Bowers-Stephens, M.D., chief medical officer. Bowers-Stephens was a principal consultant with the Schopenhauer Group and a child psychiatrist at the Ochsner Medical Foundation.
- Delta Dental of New Jersey named Dennis Wilson president and CEO. Wilson was president of the Mid-Atlantic region for Coventry Health Care....The National Association of Chain Drug Stores appointed Christopher Smith director of federal public policy. Smith was director of policy and regulatory affairs for the National Community Pharmacists Association.
- Rite Aid promoted Tammy Royer to group vice president of managed care. Royer was vice president of pharmacy initiatives and clinical services....Assurex Health named Gina Coleman Drosos president. She was group president for global beauty care at The Procter & Gamble Company.
- Merck KGaA promoted James Stewart to chief information officer (CIO) of the Merck Group, effective Oct. 1. Stewart joined the biopharmaceutical division of Merck KGaA in 2011....The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America named Caitlin Pincus senior vice president of Strategy and Guardian Labs, and Dean Del Vecchio senior vice president and CIO. Pincus was chief financial officer at J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Del Vecchio was senior vice president, CIO and global head of IT shared services at News Corp.
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. named Richard Ranieri senior vice president, human resources and corporate affairs. Ranieri was executive vice president of human resources at Dendreon Corp....The Segal Group appointed Helene Dankner senior vice president and chief people officer. Dankner was director of human resources for Buck Consultants.
- VIVUS, Inc. named Seth Fischer CEO. He was a senior executive at Johnson & Johnson. Fischer replaces Anthony Zook, who resigned as CEO, due to recurring issues associated with a medical condition....Cerner promoted Zane Burke to president. Burke was executive vice president of Cerner's client organization.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Michael Polen senior vice president, operations. Polen’s previous positions at the company included roles in corporate initiatives and strategy, health plan operations and finance. The insurer said in conjunction with Polen’s new role, Walter Cooper's position as chief administrative officer has been eliminated, and he is no longer with WellCare....TMG Health appointed Lori Meyers vice president of operations support services. Meyers was vice president of operations and division chief information officer at Beacon Health Strategies.
- PCCI named Vaidyanatha Siva chief operating officer. Siva was chief technology officer for Infosys Ltd....Novasep appointed Christian Thiry chief financial officer (CFO). Thiry was CFO and group executive committee member of Stallergenes.
- Packaging Coordinators, Inc. named Peter Belden general manager of its Rockford, Ill.-based facilities. Belden was senior vice president of sales and marketing....Kaiser Permanente appointed Karen M. Emmons vice president for research and director of the Kaiser Foundation Research Institute, effective Sept. 30. Emmons is associate dean for research at the Harvard School of Public Health.
- LifeNexus appointed Jamie Hall chief growth officer. Hall was senior vice president of sales for Landacorp....Stateside Associates named John Howell vice president of regulatory services. Howell was vice president at The Pierson Group LLC.
- Merge Healthcare Inc. has accepted the resignation of Michael Ferro, Jr., as chairman and a director of the company and appointed Dennis Brown chairman....North Hill named Min Keun Song, M.D., medical director. Song was a member of the Gerontology Division at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Kinney Drugs Inc. promoted Jim Spencer to president. Spencer was chief operating officer....HASCO Medical, Inc. named Jens Mielke chief financial officer. Mielke was an audit partner with Deloitte & Touche LLP.
- The Joint Commission named Tracy Griffin Collander executive director of the commission's Behavioral Health Care Accreditation program. Griffin Collander was an executive director of the Gateway Foundation....MedData, Inc. promoted Ann Barnes to CEO. Barnes was president.
- Mayo Clinic promoted Jeff Bolton to vice president, administration and chief administrative officer, effective Nov. 15. Bolton has been chief financial officer since 2002....Aflac Inc. hired Daniel Lebish as executive vice president and chief operating officer of Aflac Group Insurance. Lebish was executive vice president at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Alameda Health System named Joel Ginsberg director of legislative affairs and community advocacy. Ginsberg joins AHS with nearly 20 years of experience in government, law, management consulting and health policy, including working at the White House under President Clinton....Metrics Inc. appointed Tom Salus director of sales. Salus was associate vice president of business development and contract services for Wockhardt Ltd.
- Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. appointed Paul Gabos to its board of directors. Gabos was chief financial officer of Lincare Holdings Inc....Curis, Inc. named Jaye Viner, M.D., chief medical officer (CMO) and executive vice president, and Tania Chander, Pharm.D., vice president of product development. Viner was CMO at Millennium: The Takeda Oncology Company. Chander was associate director, product development team lead at MedImmune, LLC.
- The Hastings Center appointed Rosemary Gibson a senior advisor. Gibson is an editor for JAMA Internal Medicine and the author of Medicare Meltdown....AccentCare named Jeffrey Sherman chief financial officer (CFO), effective Sept. 16. Sherman was executive vice president and CFO at LifePoint Hospitals.
- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation named Mark Kowalski, M.D., chief medical officer (CMO) and senior vice president. Prior to Tekmira, Kowalski was with the oncology and inflammation therapeutic area at Gilead Sciences, Inc....NeoStem, Inc. appointed Douglas Losordo, M.D., CMO. Losordo was vice president, new therapies development, regenerative medicine and Baxter Ventures at Baxter International.
- Elite Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Doug Plassche executive vice president of operations. Plassche was managing director of Actavis' New Jersey solid oral dose operations....Dawn Weber has been appointed manager of community relations for BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. Weber was foundation director at Alexian Brothers Health System.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee named Sonya King, Pharm.D., pharmacy director for government programs. King was vice president of pharmacy and overall benefit design at Windsor Health Plan....Mountain States Health Alliance appointed Alan Levine president and CEO. Levine joins MSHA after more than 20 years in hospital operations and in public service.
- UCare named Gregory Hanley quality management director and John Rotilie, M.D., associate medical director. Hanley was regional director of quality improvement at Coventry Health Care in Kansas City, Mo. Rotilie is an internal medicine physician with Rotilie, Toman, and McRaith, LLC, in St. Paul, Minn....Mercer hired Kerry Schnier as a principal in its health and benefits division. Schnier was a senior benefits consultant for Aon Hewitt.
- ERT named James Corrigan executive vice president and chief operating officer. Corrigan was CEO of GE Healthcare's surgery business....Castlight Health appointed Motasim Najeeb vice president of engineering. Najeeb was a founding team member of Healtheon, which merged with WebMD, LLC in 1999.
- TeraRecon named Jeff Sorenson senior vice president of global sales, marketing and business development. Sorenson was director of health care sales and solutions at Hyland Software....Arnold & Porter LLP appointed Marilyn May litigation counsel with a focus on health care, pharmaceutical and medical device industry defense work. May was head of health care fraud enforcement in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Drug Innovation Ventures at Emory, LLC named David Perryman chief operations officer. Perryman was CEO and a founder of Zirus, Inc....Hyperion Therapeutics appointed Larry Singer vice president of manufacturing. Singer was was president of NexGen Consulting Group, LLC.
- Teledyne Leeman Labs and Teledyne Tekmar named Karnel Walker global sales director. Walker was the Northeast regional sales manager at PerkinElmer’s Environmental Health Group....InnoPharma, Inc. appointed Deborah DuFresne vice president of strategic portfolio selection and management. DuFresne was senior director of project management, product identification and development at Impax Laboratories.
- Moderna Therapeutics named Joseph Bolen president of Research and Development. Bolen was chief scientific officer of Millennium Pharmaceuticals....The California HealthCare Foundation appointed Sandra R. Hernández, M.D., president and CEO, effective Jan. 2, 2014. Hernández was director of the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
- Metrics Inc. appointed Wes Edwards chief financial officer. Edwards was the controller and finance director of two affiliated divisions of MBM Customized Foodservice Distribution....Healthation, Inc. named Delloise Meier chief operating officer. Meier was senior vice president of technology operations and revenue cycle management at MedAssets.
- Employer Direct Healthcare named Thomas Johnston CEO. He was vice president at Paragon Health and a director at Navigant Consulting’s Healthcare Division....Advanced Clinical appointed Cheryle Evans vice president of clinical operations. Evans was vice president of clinical operations for North America at inVentiv Clinical Solutions.
- Cigna named Scott Evelyn president and general manager for the company’s Tri-State market, which includes New York, New Jersey and a small portion of southwestern Connecticut, effective Sept. 1. Evelyn now serves as Cigna’s president and general manager for Florida....The California Public Employees' Retirement System named Liana Bailey-Crimmins chief information officer (CIO). She was CIO for California Correctional Health Care Services.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey promoted Mark Calderon, M.D., to vice president and chief medical officer of its wholly owned subsidiary, Horizon NJ Health. Calderon was executive medical director of quality management for Horizon BCBSNJ....DIA named Barbara Lopez Kunz global chief executive, effective Sept. 1. Kunz was president of the global health and life sciences business at Battelle.
- Adrienne Mims, M.D., medical director of Alliant GMCF, was named president of the American Health Quality Association. Mims will serve a one-year term....AMC Health appointed Michael J. O'Brien resident of its clinical trials division. O'Brien was president and CEO of Beardsworth.
- Emory University and Drug Innovation Ventures at Emory, LLC appointed George Painter CEO of DRIVE and director of the Emory Institute for Drug Development. Painter was executive vice president of research and development at Triangle Pharmaceuticals, Inc....Alcobra Ltd. named Jonathan Rubin, M.D., chief medical officer, effective Aug. 26. Rubin was medical director in global medical affairs at Shire Pharmaceuticals.
- Receptos, Inc. appointed Erle Mast a director of the company. Mast is a co-founder of Clovis Oncology, Inc. and has served as its executive vice president and chief financial officer since 2009....Astellas Pharma Global Development, Inc. named Claire Thom, Pharm.D., senior vice president of global oncology development. Thom was senior vice president of portfolio management, drug development management and strategic business operations at Millennium.
- The National Community Pharmacists Association appointed Steve Pfister senior vice president of government affairs. Pfister was a partner with Total Spectrum....BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Robbie Sims to director of internal audit. Sims was manager of internal audit.
- Gentris Corporation named Amelia Wall Warner, Pharm.D., president. Warner was head of clinical pharmacogenomics and clinical specimen management for Merck Research Laboratories....The Community Health Accreditation Program appointed Karen Collishaw president and CEO. Collishaw was deputy executive director of the American Academy of Dermatology.
- ArjoHuntleigh named Rick Lytle North American president. Lytle was a general management consultant for medical technology companies and mid-market private equity firms....AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Carol Satler, M.D., senior vice president of medical and scientific affairs. Satler served in executive clinical development and medical affairs roles at Pfizer and Sanofi, as well as Forest Labs and Millenium.
- Biomed Pharmaceuticals named Gaston Bernstein CEO. Bernstein was corporate vice president of industry relations at Coram Specialty Infusion Services....The American Association for Cancer Research appointed Mitchell Stoller executive director of the AACR Foundation. Stoller was president at National Marrow Donor Program.
- AstraZeneca said Simon Lowth, chief financial officer (CFO) and executive director, will leave the company at the end of October. Lowth will retain his responsibilities as CFO and will continue to be a member of the AstraZeneca board until he leaves the company....Dominion Dental Services named Jill Stahre sales manager for the Southeastern Virginia region. Stahre was senior account manager and wellness coordinator at USI Insurance Services, LLC.
- Molina Healthcare, Inc. said Lisa Rubino will oversee a new department incorporating Molina’s dual-eligible demonstration projects, the health care marketplaces and the company’s Medicare Special Needs Plans. Rubino was senior vice president of health plan operations....The National Governors Association named Frederick Isasi director of the NGA Center for Best Practices Health Division and Michael Miller, M.D., physician-in-residence. Isasi was the vice president of health policy at The Advisory Board Company. Miller was the president of HealthPolCom Consulting.
- Endo Health Solutions Inc. named Don DeGolyer chief operating officer of pharmaceuticals. DeGolyer was president and CEO of Sandoz Inc....Saladax Biomedical, Inc. appointed John McAuliffe vice president of companion diagnostics business development. McAuliffe was director of business development, neurology for Athena Diagnostics.
- Aetna Inc. named Mark LaBorde Southeast regional president. LaBorde recently served as Aetna’s Florida president. Aetna also appointed Tracy Baker head of Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee; Christopher Ciano head of Florida; Tom Grote head of Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.; and Angela Meoli head of Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi....Rho hired Richard Koenig as vice president of operations. Koening was vice president of operations for ClinStar, LLC.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee named Scott Dickler vice president and general manager of senior products. Dickler was vice president of product for Wellcare Health Plans....Alameda Health System appointed William Peruzzi, M.D., chief medical officer (CMO). Peruzzi was vice CMO and executive medical director of critical care services at University of Miami Hospital.
- Veronnie Faye Jones, M.D., and Peter G. Diakov have been named assistant vice presidents for health affairs at the University of Louisville. Jones was associate dean for academic affairs within the School of Medicine. Diakov has spent the past 11 years at the Louisville law firm of Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP....PwC appointed Patrick Figgis global health industries leader. At PwC, Figgis has worked across a number of sectors including health, advising global and local organizations.
- Jamie Von Roenn, M.D., was named senior director of the Education, Science and Professional Development Department of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Roenn is a professor of medicine at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine....HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. appointed Parthasarathy Srinivasa senior vice president and chief information officer (CIO). Srinivasa was group chief technology officer and global CIO for enterprise applications at Zurich Insurance Group Limited.
- The American Association for Cancer Research appointed Christine Battle Rullo publisher and head of the AACR publishing division. Rullo was vice president of health and medical sciences at Elsevier Inc....Avalere Health LLC named Carrie Williams Bullock director of product commercialization and reimbursement. She was deputy director of CMS's division of outpatient care.
- Aphena Pharma Solutions, Inc. named Kevin Kerchner CEO. Kerchner was president and chief operating officer of Sancoa International....Witt/Kieffer promoted Rachel Polhemus from consultant to senior partner. She will continue to represent the Eastern Region of the firm’s Healthcare practice.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Dennis Culver to vice president and chief audit executive. Culver was director of internal audit....HealthNow New York Inc. named David W. Anderson president and CEO. Anderson was CEO of UnitedHealthcare’s Southern California Health Plan.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee named Kasie Plekkenpol director of new product strategy. Plekkenpol was director of product infrastructure at OptumHealth....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. appointed Steven Goldberg, M.D., chief medical officer. Goldberg was senior medical director for Coventry Healthcare of Kentucky.
- Willis Group Holdings plc promoted Todd Jones to CEO of Willis North America. Jones joined Willis in September 2003, serving as president of Willis North America since 2010....Mercer named James Bernstein leader of its health and benefits business for Cincinnati and Columbus. Bernstein served as the health and benefits operations leader for Cincinnati.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana named Kathy Dufour vice president of IT application services and William Freeman, M.D., medical director. Dufour was vice president and director of business systems delivery at Science Applications International Corp. Freeman was the associate program director for the emergency medicine residency program at LSU’s Earl K. Long Medical Center....Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Hagop Youssoufian, M.D., executive vice president of research and development. Youssoufian was president of research and development, and chief medical officer at Ziopharm Oncology.
- Cell Therapeutics, Inc. announced the resignation of Steven E. Benner, M.D., senior vice president, chief medical officer and chief compliance officer, for personal reasons. Nancy Boman, M.D., senior vice president of clinical development and regulatory affairs, will assume interim responsibility….Hill, Chesson & Woody named Courtney Crabtree Triad regional manager. Crabtree was a designer at Furnitureland South, Inc.
- Celsion Corp. said Senior Vice President Jeffrey Church will resume the role of chief financial officer (CFO). He was CFO prior to his promotion to senior vice president in July 2011…..ConvaTec promoted John Cannon to acting CFO. Cannon is vice president of finance for ConvaTec's global operations.
- Huron Consulting Group named Tracey Mayberry and Kevin Smith managing directors in its Huron Healthcare practice. Mayberry joins the company from Computer Science Corp., where he led the Healthcare Advisory Services Practice. Smith rejoins Huron Healthcare from MedeAnalytics, where he served as a senior vice president....Pyramid Healthcare Solutions promoted Kathleen O’Brien to director of coding compliance. O'Brien was manager of coding compliance and education.
- The National Institutes of Health named Jeremy Brown, M.D., director of its Office of Emergency Care Research. Brown is an associate professor of emergency medicine and chief of the clinical research section in the Department of Emergency Medicine at The George Washington University....Clarus Therapeutics, Inc., hired Theodore Danoff, M.D., and Wael Salameh, M.D., as vice president of clinical development and chief medical officer, and vice president of medical affairs and chief scientific officer, respectively. Danoff was vice president, clinical development and medical affairs at Endo Pharmaceuticals. Salameh was medical director, endocrinology, metabolism and cardiovascular laboratories at Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute.
- Stephens Inc. named Mohan Naidu vice president and research analyst. Naidu was an equity research analyst at Piper Jaffray & Co. in Chicago....Innovus Pharmaceuticals Inc. appointed Robert Hoffman to the company's business and finance advisory board. Hoffman is senior vice president of finance and chief financial officer of Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Arent Fox LLP named Glenn Prager senior compliance advisor. Prager was Arizona's Medicaid inspector general....RPX Corp. appointed Kyoichi Ideno Asia president. Ideno was a deputy general administrative manager of intellectual property at Seiko Epson Corp.
- The National Association of Chain Drug Stores promoted Kevin Nicholson to vice president, public policy and regulatory affairs. Nicholson was vice president of government affairs and pharmacy advisor....Rite Aid named Ken Martindale president and chief operating officer (COO). Martindale was senior vice president and COO, as well as president of the Rite Aid Foundation.
- goBalto, Inc. named Ken McFarlane senior director of customer success. McFarlane was director of study document services at RPS, Inc....OmniComm Systems, Inc. promoted Kuno van der Post to senior vice president of business development. Van der Post was vice president of business development, managing the Southeast region of the U.S.
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Steven Caffe, M.D., senior vice president and chief development and regulatory officer. Caffe was senior vice president of global regulatory affairs and patient safety at MedImmune, AstraZeneca's global biologics research and development arm....The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation appointed Kimberly Elliott director of policy outreach in the Foundation’s Washington, D.C. office, effective July 1. Elliott was former associate director of the FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products.
- Tris Pharma, a specialty pharmaceutical company, named Janet Penner president of its new generic pharmaceuticals business. Most recently, Penner headed sales and marketing at CorePharma....Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, appointed John Northcott vice president of marketing, commercial strategy, and operations. Mr. Northcott most recently served as international business leader for Avastin, leading global product strategy initiatives in oncology.
- SurgiQuest, Inc. named Tom Dugan president and chief commercialization officer. Dugan previously served as president, North America, of Smith & Nephew Wound Management....TMG Health, a provider of technology-enabled solutions for Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D and Managed Medicaid plans, appointed Michael Walsh senior vice president and general counsel. Prior to joining TMG Health, Walsh served as vice president of legal and assistant general counsel at SunGuard Data Systems....The American Osteopathic Association named Adrienne White-Faines executive director. For the past 10 years, White-Faines served as vice president of health initiatives and advocacy at the American Cancer Society, Illinois Division.
- Tempe, Ariz.-based Clinical Research Advantage, Inc., the largest integrated site network in the clinical trials industry, named Craig J. Smith chief financial officer. Smith has more than 20 years of experience in accounting and financial services, most recently as the chief financial officer of EmpowHER, an Arizona-based health media company....Physician Resource Management, Inc. appointed Douglas Blayney, M.D., to its management service organization. As senior medical advisor for the organization, he will lead the development of clinically based protocols that will provide improved therapy management for physicians prescribing oral oncolytics that are dispensed through a specialty pharmacy. Blayney currently serves as the medical director of the Stanford Cancer Center.
- ACETO Corp. named Satish Srinivasan president and chief operating officer of its Rising Pharmaceuticals subsidiary, effective July 15. Srinivasan has nearly 20 years of experience in the generic pharmaceutical industry, all with Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd....Partners HealthCare at Home (PHH) appointed Rod Carnifax president. He will serve as PHH’s senior advisor on strategy, planning, and the integration of opportunities to grow its business throughout Massachusetts. Carnifax had served as vice president of home health services and palliative care at Presence Health, Illinois' largest Catholic health system.
- David Stacey joined Mercer’s Dallas office as partner and senior consultant in its Health and Benefits business. Prior to joining Mercer, he was a senior vice president at Cigna Corp., where he led the National Accounts West Region team for medical, dental and group insurance business…. Magforce AG named Ben J. Lipps, former CEO and chairman of Fresenius Medical Care, chairman of the firm’s management board and CEO of the company, starting September 2013. Berlin, Germany-based Magforce develops medical devices in the oncology field. While serving as Chairman and CEO of Magforce, Ben Lipps will continue his consultantship with Fresenius Medical Care.
- Pulse Systems, Inc. hired Samuel Ambrose as chief marketing officer. Ambrose was vice president of sales, marketing and business development at VeriTeQ Corp....Ober|Kaler promoted Howard Sollins, a principal in the firm, to co-chair of its health law group.
- Armada Health Care named Mike Baldzicki executive vice president of industry relations and advocacy. He was vice president of strategic contracting and payer relations at Axelacare Health Solutions….Alliance Life Sciences Consulting Group appointed Joel Owerbach, Pharm.D., vice president of health policy and strategy. Owerbach was vice president and chief pharmacy officer for Excellus Health Plans.
- CROnos Clinical Consulting named Pamela Keenan vice president of scientific affairs. Keenan was senior medical science liaison for global medical affairs at JANSSEN Alzheimer Immunotherapy….Neogen Corp. said that Lon Bohannon, president and chief operating officer (COO), will retire, effective Aug. 31. Stephen Snyder was named president and COO. Snyder was vice president of marketing for the industrial oils and lubricants business of Cargill.
- BridgeSpan Health Company named Chris Blanton president, effective June 17. Blanton was president and general manager of Cigna Pacific Northwest....iSALUS Healthcare appointed Kimberly Poland vice president of client engagement. Poland was vice president of operations at iSALUS.
- Trius Therapeutics, Inc. named Matthew Onaitis general counsel and secretary. Onaitis was senior vice president, general counsel and secretary of Somaxon Pharmaceuticals, Inc....Health Solutions appointed Caroline Worrall chief financial officer (CFO). Worrall was CFO and chief operating officer at MEDVAL.
- Oclaro, Inc. said that Alain Couder, the company's chair and CEO, has retired and that the board of directors named Greg Dougherty CEO. Dougherty has served as an Oclaro board member since 2009.... Novira Therapeutics Inc. appointed Klaus Klumpp vice president of discovery research. For more than 15 years, Klumpp led research and development activities at Roche.
- Altitude Edge Companies named Dwight Dettloff senior accountant. Dettloff was senior associate at Baker Holtz, CPAs and Advisors....Colorado HealthOP appointed Jack Westfall, M.D., chief medical officer. Westfall serves as clinical professor of family medicine for the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
- Cleveland Clinic Chief Financial Officer Steve Glass has joined Explorys’ board of directors. Glass replaces Chris Coburn, former director of Cleveland Clinic Innovations, who served on the Explorys board of directors since 2009....Tango Health named Sam Gillen vice president of sales. Gillen was senior vice president of North American sales at SilkRoad Technology.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc.'s board of directors has elected David Gallitano chairman of the board, succeeding Charles G. Berg. In March, Berg said he would not stand for re-election to the company’s board of directors. Gallitano has been a WellCare director since 2009....Curis, Inc. named Mani Mohindru vice president of corporate strategy and investor relations. Mohindru was senior research analyst for biotechnology at ThinkEquity LLC.
- Elite Pharmaceuticals, Inc. said that Chris Dick has stepped down as president and chief operating officer and as a member of the board of directors. Dick will remain as a consultant with Elite....Innovus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Morgan Brown executive vice president and chief financial officer (CFO). Brown was executive vice president and CFO at World Heart, Inc.
- Hill, Chesson & Woody named Adam Moffitt regional manager for its Triad business development efforts. Moffitt was technical writer at the ettain group....Catholic Health Services appointed Alan Guerci, M.D., president and CEO. Guerci was executive vice president for Catholic Health Services and president and CEO of its St. Francis Hospital in Roslyn, N.Y., St. Joseph Hospital in Bethpage, N.Y., and Mercy Medical Center in Rockville Centre. He will take over for Richard Sullivan Jr., who has been volunteering as the health system's CEO since December.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee hired Bryon Grizzard to direct the provider networks and contracting department. Grizzard was director of provider contracting for both Humana Inc. and Cigna Healthcare of Tennessee....Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Patrick Griffin, M.D., chief medical officer (CMO). Griffin was CMO and senior vice president of development at ImmusanT.
- Pete Palmer joined MedAllies as chief security officer. Palmer was director of information security at Surescripts....Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota promoted Dave Overman to president and chief operating officer (COO). Overman adds president to his title after serving in the role of COO since 2008. Prior president Alan L. Goldbloom, M.D., will continue to serve as CEO.
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) promoted Lori Reilly to executive vice president of policy and research, effective June 7. She succeeds Rick Smith, who will retire after 11 years with PhRMA. Reilly was vice president of policy and research....BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee named Allison Scripps director of quality care partnership. Scripps was director of population care, prevention and health promotion for Kaiser Permanente.
- ConnectedHealth named David Shevock senior vice president. Shevock was vice president at Connextions....The Joint Commission appointed Mark Pelletier chief operating officer (COO) for the division of Accreditation and Certification Operations. For the past year, Pelletier has served as the interim COO.
- CalOptima named Patti McFarland chief financial officer (CFO). McFarland was CFO at Central Coast Alliance for Health....Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. promoted David Ramsay to CFO. Ramsay was vice president of corporate development.
- DxInsights named Ethan Knowlden executive director. Knowlden was vice president of business development and licensing, and corporate counsel for Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Inc....Avalere Health appointed Matthew Eyles executive vice president. Eyles joins Avalere from Coventry Healthcare, where he oversaw government relations and communications.
- URAC named Kylanne Green president and CEO, effective July 22. Green was executive vice president and CEO of managed care services at Inova Health System....Van Dyk Health Care, Inc. promoted Pam Tokarczuk to post-acute corporate director. She was assistant administrator at Van Dyk Ridgewood.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named David Apelian, M.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer (CMO). Apelian was senior vice president of research and development and CMO at GlobeImmune....Humana Inc. appointed Roy Beveridge, M.D., senior vice president and CMO, effective June 17. Beveridge is CMO for McKesson Specialty Health.
- Carousel Industries named Philip Wolford director of health care. Woldford was telemedicine coordinator for Saint Vincent Health System....Harvard Bioscience, Inc. appointed David Green interim CEO following the retirement of Chane Graziano. Green was president.
- New York Medical College and The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary promoted Paul Sidoti, M.D., to chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology at NYEEI. Sidoti, who is also professor of ophthalmology at New York Medical College, had been NYEEI ophthalmology residency program director for the past seven years....St. John Providence Health System named Jean Meyer interim president and CEO. Meyer was president of hospital operations and executive vice president of St. John Providence.
- Molina Healthcare, Inc. named Bela Biro president of Molina Healthcare of Washington. He replaces Glen Bogner, who was promoted to regional vice president of Molina Healthcare, overseeing health plans in California, New Mexico, Utah and Washington. Biro was director of finance at Swedish Medical Centers....DentalPlans.com appointed Craig Martin vice president of business development. His most recent role was with CONEXIS Administrators where he was responsible for national account sales of COBRA, FSA, HRA, HSA, and retiree exchange and commuter benefits.
- The National Patient Safety Foundation named Tejal Gandhi, M.D., president. She replaces Diane Pinakiewicz, who resigned late last year. Gandhi was chief quality and safety officer of Partners HealthCare System....Covington & Burling appointed Robert Trainor senior of counsel. Trainor was executive vice president and general counsel of Brussels-based UCB S.A.
- Precision Health Economics named Anne Peters, M.D., a senior clinical consultant and Kari Edwards vice president of research and business strategy. Peters is a professor at the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California and Edwards was national strategic lead for the Oncology Medical Science Liaison team at Amgen....MetroHealth System appointed Akram Boutros, M.D., president and CEO. Boutros was founder and president of BusinessFirst Healthcare Solutions.
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation appointed Susan Dentzer senior health policy adviser. Dentzer was editor-in-chief of Health Affairs....Toni Ganzel, M.D., has been named dean of the University of Louisville School of Medicine. Ganzel has served as interim dean since March 2012, replacing Edward Halperin, M.D., who stepped down as dean in early 2012.
- The American College of Physician Executives appointed Mark Werner, M.D., president and chairman of the board. Werner was recently named senior vice president and chief clinical and innovation officer at Medica....Timothy Cote, M.D., former director of the Office of Orphan Product Development of the FDA, has joined Emmaus Medical, Inc. in an advisory capacity.
- Endocyte, Inc. named Scot Harper vice president of clinical operations. Harper was global portfolio director for oncology at PAREXEL International....Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute appointed Regina Yan chief operating officer (COO). Yan was COO at Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Piramal Imaging SA, a division of Piramal Enterprises, said Ana M. Catafau, M.D., Ph.D., joined the company as vice president of clinical research and development, neurosciences. Catafau most recently was the president and CEO of Barcelona Imaging Group, S.L. (BIG)...Dyadic International, Inc., a global biotechnology company focused on enzyme and protein products, appointed Danai Brooks executive vice president and chief operating officer. Brooks joins Dyadic from J.P. Morgan, where he served as a vice president in the firm's investment bank.
- National Medical Billing Services, a health care revenue cycle management company that specializes in ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs), named Lewis Custer senior vice president, operations. Custer joins National Medical from Quest Diagnostics, where he was the director of revenue cycle services....ViTel Net, a provider of clinician-based telemedicine, appointed Robert Kolodner, M.D., vice president and chief medical officer. Kolodner served as HHS's National Coordinator for Health IT from 2006 to 2009. He most recently was executive vice president and chief health informatics officer at Open Health Tools, Inc.
- York Risk Services Group named Jim Ossner vice president of sales for York Alternative Risk Solutions. Ossner was assistant vice president for strategic alliance business development at Chubb Specialty Insurance....Cancer Treatment Centers of America said Stephen Bonner, president and CEO, will assume the role of executive chairman effective July 1, at which time Gerard van Grinsven will assume the role of president and CEO. Van Grinsven was president and CEO of the Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital in Detroit.
- Aetna Inc. appointed Thomas Jones, III chief ethics and compliance officer. Jones joins Aetna from The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. where he was senior vice president and chief ethics and compliance officer.....William McGuire, M.D., former chairman and CEO of UnitedHealth Group, has joined the board of directors of Rebiotix Inc. McGuire resigned from UnitedHealth in 2006.
- Hospira promoted Matt Stober to senior vice president of operations. He was corporate vice president of U.S. pharmacy operations....Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc. promoted Dave Lemus to CEO. Lemus has served as chief operating officer since March 2012.
- Navigating Cancer named Suzanne Greenwood vice president of bio-pharmaceutical services. Greenwood was global vice president of strategic accounts for InVentiv Health....Evolution Marketing Research appointed David Hooper senior director, research. Hooper was director of global market information and research at Warner Chilcott, LLC.