Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- Quantum Health, Inc. named Clanton Lynch vice president of sales for the southwest region. Lynch was previously vice president and general manager of Arise Virtual Solutions, Inc....Seres Health, Inc. appointed Mark Wilcox, M.D., to its scientific advisory board. Wilcox is currently head of microbiology and academic lead of pathology at Leeds Teaching Hospitals, part of the University of Leeds....Myriad Genetics, Inc. named Johnathan Lancaster, M.D., Ph.D., vice president of medical affairs for oncology at Myriad Genetic Laboratories. He was previously president of Moffitt Medical Group, a division of Moffitt Cancer Center.
- Righttime Medical Care named Katharine Tate director of provider and community outreach. Tate was previously a deputy chief of staff and a scheduling director at the U.S. House of Representatives....Lisa Perez, M.D., joined VeinInnovations as part of the medical staff. Perez was most recently medical director for Circulatory Centers of Georgia....Chardan Capital Markets appointed Keay Nakae senior research analyst of health care. Nakae previously worked at Ascendiant Capital Markets.
- The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) appointed Jamie Gregorian director of federal government relations. Gregorian was most recently senior manager of government relations and specialties for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons....Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. promoted Giovanni Caforio, M.D., to CEO, replacing Lamberto Andreotti, who is retiring. Caforio was previously chief operating officer....Hologic, Inc. named John Griffin general counsel and Allison Bebo senior vice president of human resources. Griffin was previously vice president and deputy general counsel for Covidien, and Bebo was previously vice president of talent management for ANN INC.
- Cryoport, Inc. named Mark Sawicki, Ph.D., chief commercial officer of Cryoport Systems. Sawicki was previously chief business officer of AAIPharma Services Corporation/Cambridge Major Laboratories Inc....Susan Faust joined Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc. as vice president of specialty infusion and market development. Faust was most recently vice president of specialty services at Medco Health Solutions....ContraVir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Carol Brosgart, M.D., to its scientific advisory board. She is currently a clinical professor of medicine in global health, biostatistics and epidemiology sciences at the University of California, San Francisco Dept. of Medicine.
- EastGate Biotech Corp. promoted Rose Perri to president. Perri was previously involved in business development and succeeds Mirjana Hasanagic, who is continuing as board director....Stoltenberg Consulting, Inc. appointed Randy Carpenter senior vice president of strategic services. Carpenter was most recently senior vice president and chief information officer at Omnicare Corp....Ahmad Ouri joined SONIFI Solutions as CEO. Ouri was previously CEO of IZ-ON Media, a division of Technicolor.
- Galena Biopharma, Inc. named Joseph Lasaga vice president of business development and alliance management. Lasaga was previously senior director of business development at Nektar Therapeutics....Craig Samitt, M.D., M.B.A., joined Oliver Wyman as global provider practice leader in its health and life sciences division. Samitt was most recently president and CEO of HealthCare Partners, a unit of DaVita HealthCare Partners....SDC Nutrition, Inc. appointed Dan Kohler chief operating officer. Kohler was previously executive vice president of HVL/Douglas Laboratories, a unit of Atrium Innovations.
- CMS Administrator Marilyn Tavenner announced she is stepping down at the end of February. Deputy Administrator Andy Slavitt will step in until a permanent replacement is found....The American Diabetes Association named David Marrero, Ph.D., president of health care and education on its board of directors. Marrero is currently a professor of medicine and director of the Diabetes Translational Research Center at the Indiana University School of Medicine....Colliers International appointed Mary Beth Kuzmanovich national director of healthcare services. She was most recently vice president of the Facilities Management Group for Carolinas HealthCare System....James Lindstrom joined Providence Service Corp. as executive vice president and chief financial officer. Lindstrom was previously president and CEO of Integrated Electrical Services, Inc.
- The American Diabetes Association named Samuel Dagogo-Jack, M.D., president of medicine and science on its board of directors. He is currently a professor of medicine and director of the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and the Clinical Research Center at the University of Tennessee Health Center, Memphis....Decision Resources Group promoted Diane Corrado to president of life sciences product solutions. Corrado was previously executive vice president of sales and marketing....Michele “Shelley” Trucksis, Ph.D., M.D., joined Seres Health, Inc. as executive vice president and chief medical officer. Trucksis was most recently executive director of Merck Research Laboratories.
- SH Franchising, LLC promoted chief operating officer Craig Leonard to president of Senior Helpers. Leonard succeeds founder Tony Bonacuse, who will remain on the board of directors....The Center for Drug Evaluation and Research named Kathleen “Cook” Uhl, M.D., director of the Office of Generic Drugs. Cook was previously director of the Office of Women’s Health, Office of the Commissioner....Johns Hopkins Medicine appointed Pamela Paulk, M.S.W., M.B.A., president of Johns Hopkins Medicine International, effective March 1. She was most recently senior vice president of human resources for Johns Hopkins Medicine and Johns Hopkins Health System.
- The Segal Group named Mildeen Worrell vice president and compliance practice leader for the east region. Worrell is an adjunct professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law....Nextremity Solutions, Inc. appointed Nick Deeter CEO. Deeter was the founder of OrthoPediatrics, Corp....The American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) named Loretta Doan, Ph.D., vice president of policy and global affairs. She was previously director of science policy for the Endocrine Society.
- PlanSource named Nancy Sansom chief marketing officer. Sansom was previously chief marketing officer at PeopleMatter....Patrick Carpenter joined Vermillion, Inc. as general manager of its subsidiary ASPiRA LABS. He was most recently vice president of operations and general manager at Miraca Life Sciences....The Huntzinger Management Group, Inc., promoted David DiChiara, M.B.A., to chief financial officer. He was previously controller.
- AmnioLife Corp. named Andrew Hoover chief financial officer. Hoover was previously a venture debt underwriter and credit analyst for Square 1 Bank....Keith Elgart joined Concierge Choice Physicians as executive vice president of operations and sales. Elgart was most recently the chief operating officer for Red Fern Casualty....The American Parkinson Disease Association appointed Robin Kornhaber vice president of programs and services. Kornhaber was previously senior vice president of development at the American Legacy Foundation....CORRECTION: On Monday, HBD reported Robert Atlas was named president of Epstein Becker Green (EBG). He was actually named president of EBG affiliate EBG Advisors, Inc.
- Streamline Health Solutions, Inc. promoted Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer David Sides to president and chief executive officer. He succeeds Robert Watson, who was appointed president of NantHealth, LLC....Michael Cole joined Quest Diagnostics as vice president of health plans. He was most recently national vice president of employer and individual markets for UnitedHealthcare, a unit of UnitedHealth Group....Wellcentive named Bryan Ness regional general manager for the U.S., succeeding Jim Clifford, who was appointed regional director of central and Midwest areas. Ness was previously vice president of sales for Phytel.
- Sofinnova Ventures named Daniel Welch executive partner. Welch was previously the CEO of InterMune....Epstein Becker Green appointed Robert Atlas president. Atlas was most recently an advisor to North Carolina’s Secretary of Health and Human Services on Medicaid reform....America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) appointed Matthew Eyles executive vice president of policy and regulatory affairs. He was most recently executive vice president for Avalere Health.
- Always Best Care Senior Services named Elizabeth Brennen vice president of area operations. Brennen was most recently regional corporate manager for Almost Family....Moderna Therapeutics appointed Michael Morin, Ph.D., chief scientific officer of Onkaido Therapeutics. Morin was previously vice president of global research for Pfizer....Affinity Health Plan promoted Glenn MacFarlane to president and CEO. He was previously chief financial officer.
- Scioderm, Inc. named Ian Howes chief financial officer. Howes was most recently chief financial officer and vice president of corporate development for Akebia Therapeutics....Paula Soteropoulos joined Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. as president and CEO of Akcea Therapeutics. She was previously senior vice president and general manager of cardiometabolic, rare diseases and strategic alliances at Moderna Therapeutics, Inc....Rite Aid promoted Vice President of Healthcare Initiatives Jocelyn Zazyczny Konrad to group vice president of pharmacy initiatives and clinical services. Konrad replaces Karen Staniforth, who was promoted to chief operating officer at Rite Aid unit Health Dialog.
- Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Richard Baron vice president and chief financial officer. Baron was previously senior vice president and chief financial officer of Globus Medical….Healthcare Trust of America appointed Jessica Thorsheim director of investor relations. Thorsheim was most recently director of investor relations at Move, Inc.…Benjamin Shneider, M.D., joined Texas Children’s Hospital as chief of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition service. Shneider was previously professor of pediatrics and director of pediatric hepatology at the University of Pittsburgh and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh UPMC.
- Rick Adam joined Stanson Health as president and chief operating officer. He was previously chief information officer at Goldman Sachs....Eli Lilly and Company promoted Darren Carroll to senior vice president of corporate business development. Carroll was previously vice president of corporate business development....Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. named Athena Countouriotis, M.D., chief medical officer. She was most recently chief medical officer for Ambit Biosciences....Cepheid chief financial officer Andrew Miller is resigning to join PTC Inc. Current vice president and corporate controller Daniel Madden is assuming Miller’s responsibilities until a permanent replacement is found.
- XTL Biopharmaceuticals Ltd. appointed Doron Turgeman and Shlomo Shalev to its board of directors. Turgeman is the CEO of B Communications and Internet Gold, and Shalev was previously chairman of the board for Micronet….Kentucky Health Cooperative, Inc. named Charles Black, Jr., and Ashley Peak, M.D., to the board of directors. Black was previously a member of the board of Kentucky Hospital Insurance Corp., and Peak is a psychiatrist currently in private practice….Andrew Olson joined Tute Genomics as vice president of sales. Olson was most recently vice president of sales for Great Basin Corp.
- Malikah Murphy, Ph.D., joined foru International, a unit of foru Holdings, Inc., as a brand partner. Murphy is the founder of sickle-cell charity Timmy’s Heart….Echo Therapeutics, Inc. named Alan Schoenbart chief financial officer. He was previously CFO at Hudson News Distributors, LLC….Brookdale Senior Living Inc. appointed William Petty, Jr., to the board of directors. Petty is a founding partner of Beecken Petty O’Keefe & Company.
- Lockton Companies appointed Kim Foerster vice president of Lockton Dunning Benefits in Dallas. Foerster was previously director of managed market sales for Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy….Scott Hollander joined Echo Therapeutics, Inc. as CEO. Hollander was most recently vice president of business development for Otsuka Pharmaceuticals….BioLife Solutions, Inc. named Kevin O’Donnell vice president of cold chain standards, practices and compliance. He was previously senior partner at Exelsius Cold Chain Management Consultancy.
- Aspen Dental Management, Inc. appointed Doyle Williams, D.D.S., vice president of carrier relations and insurance operations. Williams was previously executive vice president of innoDent....Keas promoted Colleen Yoo to chief operating officer and named Brian Golden vice president of customer success. Yoo was previously vice president of product and customer success and Golden was most recently in charge of health management practice sales at Towers Watson....Novant Health appointed Bert Scott senior vice president of population health. He was most recently president and CEO of Affinity Health Plan.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc. named Bernard Tobin president of Crescendo Bioscience. Tobin was previously global head of commercial excellence for Amgen....Numotion appointed Warren DeGraff chief operating officer. DeGraff was most recently general manager of diagnostics and clinical services at GE....Jon Congleton joined N30 Pharmaceuticals, Inc. as president and CEO. Congleton was previously senior vice president of Teva Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.’s Central Nervous System Global Franchise....CytoSorbents Corp. named Gregory Di Russo, M.D., senior vice president of clinical development. He was most recently vice president of cardiothoracic surgery at the Children’s National Medical Center.
- CNA promoted Bruce Dmytrow to vice president of aging services. He was previously in charge of specialty risk control....FirstCare Health Plans appointed Sonya Henderson vice president of compliance and government programs and Mark Huntley chief financial officer and chief operating officer. Henderson was previously vice president of compliance and audit for HealthFirst and Huntley was previously chief financial officer for Allianz Global Assistance....AEGATE named Peter Fox chief technology officer and Anthony Vonsee chief channels and partner officer. Fox was most recently development director for Datanomic and Vonsee was most recently a senior business development associate for Cisco.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Jennifer Weaver to director of infrastructure engineering services. She was previously director of the office of the chief information officer....Patrick Terry joined Claritas Genomics as chief commercial officer. Terry previously founded Genomic Health, Inc....AMC Health named Paul Argay chief marketing officer. Argay was most recently chief marketing officer at Resolution Health....Steven Hippel joined Senior Lifestyle Corp. as chief financial officer. Hippel was previously CFO at Inland Diversified Real Estate Trust, Inc.
- Vermillion, Inc. promoted Chief Operating Officer Valerie Palmieri to president and CEO, replacing James LaFrance, who is continuing as chairman of the board....Aver Informatics named Todd Fox quality manager. Fox was previously manager of quality engineering at Manta....GuideWell Mutual Holding Corp. appointed Prakash Patel, M.D., chief operating officer of GuideWell and president of GuideWell Health. Patel was most recently CEO of Access MediQuip....Kinex Pharmaceuticals promoted Flint Besecker to chief operating officer. He was previously executive vice president and chief financial officer.
- MAETRICS appointed Jill Spencer managing director. She was previously global relationship partner at IBM....Steve R. Martin joined Applied Proteomics Inc. as chief financial officer. Martin was previously CFO at Apricus Biosciences....Spark Therapeutics named Rogerio Vivaldi, M.D., M.B.A., chief commercial officer. Vivaldi was most recently head of rare diseases at Genzyme, a unit of Sanofi....Amedisys, Inc. appointed Paul Kusserow president and CEO. Kusserow was previously vice chairman of Alignment Healthcare, Inc.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. appointed Ken Burdick CEO, replacing interim CEO David Gallitano. Burdick was previously president and chief operating officer....The Heart Failure Society of America (HFSA) named Paul Hauptman, M.D., editor-in-chief of the Journal of Cardiac Failure. Hauptman was previously associate editor at the European Journal of Heart Failure and at Circulation: Heart Failure....Immune Pharmaceuticals Inc. named Daniel Kazado chairman of the board, replacing current CEO Daniel Teper. Kazado previously led his own management consulting firm.
- The Georgia Dental Association appointed three new executives: Carol Galbreath, senior director of marketing and public relations, former senior director of marketing and communications for the Arthritis Foundation; Fatimot Ladipo, director of government affairs, former assistant director of federal relations for Georgia Institute of Technology; and Stephanie Lotti, director of professional member services, former director of data and public policy for Georgia’s Brain and Spinal Injury Trust Fund Commission....Christine Silverstein joined Relmada Therapeutics, Inc. as director of investor relations. She was previously vice president of corporate development for PlasmaTech BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Barnabas Health named John Bonamo, M.D., M.S., chief medical officer. Bonamo was previously president and CEO of Saint Barnabas Medical Center (SBMC)....Kevin Sellers joined Unilife Corp. as senior vice president of marketing and communications. Sellers was most recently vice president of creative services and digital marketing for Intel....Rhythm appointed Fred Fiedorek, M.D., chief medical officer. He was previously senior vice president and head of cardiovascular and metabolic development at Bristol-Myers Squibb....The Major League Baseball Team Physicians Association (MLBTPA) named Kathleen Weber, M.D., M.S., president-elect. Weber will assume the role of vice president in 2015, and then president in 2016. She is currently a team physician for the Chicago Bulls, Chicago White Sox and Chicago Force Women’s Football, and is the first woman to head the organization.
- MedAssets promoted Mike Nolte to president and chief operating officer. He was previously vice president and COO....The Minnesota Council of Health Plans (MCHP) named Jim Schowalter president and CEO, replacing retiring Julie Brunner. Schowalter is currently commissioner of the Minnesota Dept. of Management and Budget....HealthCare Royalty Partners appointed Christopher White COO. White was most recently managing director and head of investment banking at Janney Montgomery Scott LLC....Soligenix, Inc. promoted Oreola Donini, Ph.D., to senior vice president and chief scientific officer. Donini was previously vice president of preclinical research and development.
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RCPI) named Boris Kuvshinoff II, M.D., chief medical quality officer and interim chief medical officer. He is also currently director of RPCI’s Liver and Pancreas Tumor Center....Sandip Mohapatra joined PaySpan, Inc. as chief technology officer. Mohapatra serves on the board for The Leukemia & Lymphona Society....Invuity, Inc. appointed Paul Davison vice president of research and development and Doug Heigel vice president of operations. Davison was previously vice president and general manager for ConMed, while Heigel previously managed global operations for Solta Medical.
- Leidos named Steven Russell senior vice president for sales and strategic accounts of Leidos Health. Russell was most recently senior vice president of corporate development at Quantros Corporation....The American Society of Clinical Oncology elected Daniel Hayes, M.D., president for the term beginning in June 2016. Hayes is the clinical director of the breast oncology program at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center....Kenneth Overbey joined AdvantageCare Physicians as chief operating officer. Overbey was previously vice president of physician practice management for Accelecare Wound Centers.
- The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) appointed Trish Riley executive director. She was previously senior fellow and adjunct professor of health policy and management at the University of Southern Maine Muskie School of Public Service....North Highland named Tina Ehrig vice president of strategy. Ehrig was previously a partner in Accenture’s business and IT strategy practices....Peter Emtage, Ph.D., joined Intrexon Corp. as vice president of synthetic immunology. Emtage was previously vice president of immune mediated therapy in the oncology innovative medicines group at Medimmune.
- MRI Interventions, Inc. appointed Wendelin Maners vice president of marketing. Maners was most recently vice president of emerging technologies for CSA Medical....The Permanente Federation, a unit of Kaiser Permanente, named Claire Tamo chief financial officer. Tamo was previously senior vice president of finance and support services for University HealthCare Alliance, part of Stanford Hospital and Clinics....DuPont promoted Matthias Heinzel to president of DuPont Nutrition & Health, succeeding Craig Binetti, who is retiring after 38 years with the company. Heinzel was previously global business director of enablers.
- The Assisted Living Federation of America named James Balda president and CEO. He was previously senior vice president of innovation and business development at the National Restaurant Association....BayCare Health System President and CEO Steve Mason is stepping down in mid-2016. Chief Operating Officer Tommy Inzina will assume the role of president beginning Jan. 1, 2015....Ketul Patel joined Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) Franciscan Health as CEO. Patel was previously executive vice president and chief strategy and operations officer at Hackensack University Health Network and Hackensack University Medical Center.
- Evofem, Inc. appointed Chad Putnam chief financial officer. He was previously vice president of finance for Providien, LLC....Sukhi Jagpal, chief financial officer for QLT Inc., will be stepping down to pursue other opportunities in January. The company has yet to name a replacement....Marken named Mark Hembarsky vice president of logistics for North American operations. Hembarsky most recently managed drug discovery and development operations for Aptuit....Surgical Specialties, Inc. appointed Daniel Sutherby chief financial officer and Brennan Marilla chief commercial officer. Sutherby was previously CFO for IQuum and Marilla was previously vice president and general manager of endovascular for Covidien.
- SynGen Inc. named David Hodi president of its cell processing business unit. Hodi was previously business development manager for Becton Dickinson....AltheaDx, Inc. appointed Juan-Sebastian Saldivar, M.D., chief medical officer. Saldivar was most recently vice president of clinical services at Sequenom Laboratories, a unit of Sequenom, Inc....Sal Gentile joined Healthx as CEO. He was previously president of the large payer market for The TriZetto Group, Inc....WebMD appointed Lisa Ryan Howard executive vice president and chief of consumer strategy. Howard was previously business lead of lifestyles at Yahoo!
- The Commonwealth Fund named Eric Schneider, M.D., senior vice president for policy and research, beginning in February. Schneider was previously senior principal researcher and distinguished chair in health care quality at RAND....Bio-Techne Corp. appointed Robert Gavin senior vice president of its protein platforms division, including ProteinSimple and Cyvek, Inc. Gavin was previously director of engineering at MDS Analytical Technologies....BioClinica, Inc. named John Hubbard, Ph.D., CEO. Hubbard was most recently senior vice president and worldwide head of development operations for Pfizer Inc.
- Aver Informatics appointed Michael McDonnell chief people officer and Mike King vice president of global sales. McDonnell was previously vice president of global talent acquisition for TOA Technologies, and King was most recently vice president of global strategic alliances and business development at CA Technologies....HealthNow New York Inc. promoted Chris Moyer to vice president of HealthNow Administrative Services (HNAS). Moyer was previously executive-in-charge for Brokerage Concepts Inc., a unit of HNAS....Spark Therapeutics named Daniel Takefman, Ph.D., head of regulatory affairs. He was previously chief of the gene therapy branch at the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Sharps Compliance Corp. promoted Dennis Halligan to vice president of marketing. He was previously director of marketing....Bone Therapeutics named Guy Heynen, M.D., chief clinical and regulatory officer. He was previously medical director for Pfizer Switzerland, a unit of Pfizer Inc....Stericycle, Inc. appointed Brent Arnold chief operating officer. Arnold was previously executive vice president and president, Stericycle USA/Canada, and succeeds Richard Kogler, who will continue at Stericycle as senior vice president, international.
- Moberg Pharma AB appointed Jeff Vernimb general manager of U.S. operations. Vernimb was previously vice president of sales with Insight Pharmaceuticals....KLOX Technologies Inc. named Todd Martensen chief commercial officer and promoted Vice President Mariano Rodriguez to chief financial officer and senior vice president of corporate development. Martensen was previously vice president of medical sales in the Americas for Leica Microsystems, a unit of Danaher....Juliet Cunningham joined Alere Inc. as vice president of investor relations. She previously managed investor relations at Lytx.
- Breckinridge Pharmaceutical, Inc. promoted Larry Lapila to president. Lapila was previously executive vice president….Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center appointed Gary Gilliland, M.D., Ph.D., president and director. Gilliland most recently served as vice president of precision medicine for the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine….InfoBionic, Inc. appointed Steven Wasserman chief financial officer and William Swavely senior vice president of IT. Wasserman was previously vice president and chief financial officer at AppNeta Inc., and Swavely was vice president of IT and chief information officer for BioTelemetry/CardioNet, Inc.
- Matt Kupec joined HelpMeSee as vice president of development and marketing. Kupec was previously co-founder and executive chairman of Text2Give, Inc....LEO Pharma Inc. appointed Barbara Osborne president and CEO of the U.S. region. She has been president and CEO of Molnlycke Health Care’s U.S. Wound Care Division since 2011....Maetrics named Roland Bydlon global marketing director. Bydlon previously managed EYP Advisors....Anterios, Inc. appointed Fabian Tenenbaum chief financial officer and chief business officer. Tenenbaum was most recently CEO of Iluminage Beauty, a division of Unilever....MELA Sciences, Inc. appointed board member Michael Stewart president and CEO, succeeding Rose Crane, who resigned. Stewart was previously chief operating officer and executive vice president for PhotoMedex.
- Armanino LLP promoted Jeff Russell to manufacturing industries practice leader of high tech and life sciences. Russell was previously consulting director....Intellipharmaceuticals International Inc. named Domenic Della Penna chief financial officer. He was most recently CFO of Teva Canada Limited....Bruce Matter joined AMC Health as senior vice president of sales and client development. Matter was previously sales and practice leader for GE Healthcare North America....BDO USA, LLP appointed Karen Meador, M.D., M.B.A., managing director of The BDO Center for Healthcare Excellence & Innovation. She was previously physician executive at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and Children’s Medical Center of Dallas.
- COR Medical Technologies named Richard Agee president and chief financial officer. He was previously a principal at Stoneworth Financial....Nopras Technologies appointed Stewart Rosenberg director of business development for East Coast operations. He was previously the founder of Bio-Investigations Ltd....Seres Health, Inc. named Eric Shaff chief financial officer. Shaff was most recently vice president of corporate finance at Momenta Pharmaceuticals....Gail Cawkwell, M.D., Ph.D., joined Purdue Pharma LP as vice president of medical affairs. Cawkwell was previously vice president in the medicines development group at Pfizer.
- Mona Ameli joined Medifast, Inc. as president of Take Shape For Life. She was most recently general manager of Belcorp….Pivotal Therapeutics Inc. appointed Eugene Bortoluzzi chief financial officer, succeeding Prakash Gowd. Bortoluzzi held the position previously and is reassuming the role in addition to his current CEO responsibilities….Lipocine Inc. announced the departure of Srinivasan Venkateshwaran, chief technology officer and vice president of research and development, and Gerald Simmons, chief business development officer. The company did not name replacements.
- Highmark Inc. named Jim Eisen CEO of its division HVHC, Inc. Eisen was formerly co-CEO and also serves as president of Highmark subsidiary Visionworks….Richard Randall joined OMNILife science, Inc. as CEO, replacing George Cipolletti, who is continuing with the company as chief technology officer. Randall was previously CEO of Medical Compression Systems….Epic Sciences appointed Toni Wayne vice president of human resources. Wayne was most recently vice president of human resources at Prometheus Laboratories.
- Affinity Health Plan promoted chief financial officer Glenn MacFarlane to president and CEO. MacFarlane succeeds Bert Scott, who is resigning....NorthStar Healthcare Income, Inc. named Ronald Jeanneault president and CEO. He was previously executive vice president and head of asset management of NorthStar Healthcare....VorroHealth appointed Maria Moen vice president of care innovation. She was previously an executive board member of the National Association for the Support of Long Term Care, as well as IT committee vice chair....Bone Biologics Corp. named Deina Walsh chief financial officer. She is the owner and founder of DHW CPA, PLLC.
- The Segal Group appointed Ted Makowiec vice president and health consultant for the Midwest region. He was previously vice president of medical economics for CHE Trinity Health....Cynthia Brinkley joined Centene Corp. as executive vice president of international operations and business integration. Brinkley was most recently vice president of global human resources at General Motors....Toulouse named Christopher Staubly director of U.S. national sales. He was previously principal of Intervent Surgical, LLC.
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia appointed Stephen Hunger, M.D., chief of the Division of Oncology and director of the Center for Childhood Cancer Research. Hunger was previously director of the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children’s Hospital Colorado....Cancer Treatment Centers of America promoted Nancy Hesse to chief nursing officer. She is also senior vice president of patient care services....Sara Rubin joined the National Association of Chain Drug Stores as manager of pharmacy care. She was previously senior program analyst for the National Association of County and City Health Officials....IMG Europe, Ltd appointed James Dwyer sales director. He previously managed business development in Europe and Asia for Globality Health.
- Sanjeev Ahuja, M.D., joined Celtaxsys, Inc. as chief medical officer. He was most recently chief medical officer for On Target Laboratories....InVentiv Health, Inc. named Jeffrey Wilks president of advertising. He was previously head of client services in marketing solutions for eBay Enterprise, Inc., a division of eBay Inc....MiMedx Group, Inc. appointed Christopher Cashman executive vice president and chief commercialization officer. He was most recently president and chief executive officer of SANUWAVE Health.
- Carl Germano has resigned from his post as chief science officer of Inergetics, Inc., but will continue working with the company’s advisory board. Inergetics did not name a successor....Nitin Deshpande joined Pharmavite LLC as chief financial officer. He was previously senior vice president of finance at Elizabeth Arden, Inc....IlliniCare Health, a division of Centene Corp., appointed Michael Marrah chief operations officer and Angela Haggard vice president of product development. Marrah was previously vice president of operations for Centene’s Home State Health Plan, and Haggard was the system service line vice president for Medicaid and community health strategy at Presence Health.
- Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., a division of Ipsen, appointed Donald Pearl vice president of neurology. He was previously vice president of international sales and marketing for SkinMedica, a division of Allergan, Inc....The Mount Sinai Health System named Sandra Myerson, M.B.A., senior vice president and chief patient experience officer. She was previously director of clinical and operational consulting and managing consultant for Press Ganey.
- Publicis Healthcare Communications Group promoted Rick Keefer to global chief business development officer. He was previously president and CEO of Publicis Touchpoint Solutions. Chief Operating Officer Michelle Keefe will fill Keefer’s shoes....Nexus Informatics appointed Sandy Robinson executive vice president. She was previously senior vice president at Avalere Health....TeamHealth Holdings, Inc. named Kevin Klauer, D.O., chief medical officer of emergency medicine. He was most recently chief medical officer at Emergency Medicine Physicians, Ltd.
- Stuart Archer joined Oceans Healthcare as CEO. Archer was previously chief operations officer of LifeCare Hospitals....Medifast, Inc. appointed Kenneth Kopp vice president of Medifast Direct. Kopp was most recently founder and vice president of marketing for Matrix Media Consulting....aTyr Pharma named Fred Ramsdell, Ph.D., vice president of immunobiology. He previously helped establish immunobiology research strategy for both Darwin Molecular and NovoNordisk....The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention appointed Kelly Willis, M.B.A., senior vice president of global public health. Willis was previously executive director of Accordia Global Health Foundation.
- Pharmacy Systems Inc. promoted Michael McCarrell to president, succeeding Stuart Bishop, who will continue on as chairman. McCarrell was previously executive vice president and chief operating officer....CTG named Filip Gyde interim executive vice president of operations. He was previously senior vice president and general manager of CTG Europe. The company also appointed John Laubacker interim chief financial officer. He was previously treasurer....Human Longevity, Inc. named Barry Merriman, Ph.D., vice president of global technology assessment and Paul Mola, M.S., head of global solutions. Merriman was most recently lead system architect for advanced DNA sequencing technology for Life Technologies, now a subsidiary of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., and Mola was previously head of strategy and chief of staff in the genetic systems division for Life Technologies.
- Mapi appointed Charles Makin vice president of health economics and outcomes research and strategic market access. Makin was previously head of observational outcomes research for the Americas and principal of health economics and outcomes research at IMS Health....EnteroMedics Inc. named Brad Hancock chief commercial officer. Hancock was most recently vice president of sales and marketing at Flowonix Medical....ABIVAX appointed Karl Birthistle, M.D., vice president of global regulatory affairs and Daniel Kenny chief commercial officer and vice president of business development. Birthistle was most recently deputy head of the division clinical review and Kenny was previously global franchise head at Baxter Vaccines.
- SeeChange Health appointed Bryce Williams president and CEO. Williams was previously managing director of Tower Watsons’s Exchange Solutions business unit....Rex Holloway rejoined Hammes Co. as regional vice president. He was most recently alliance director for CBRE....Kineticos named James Forte managing director. He was most recently vice president and head of marketing for inVentiv Health....Renaissance RX appointed Thierry Amat vice president and chief financial officer. Amat was previously senior vice president and chief financial officer for Remedi SeniorCare.
- Loxo Oncology, Inc. promoted Jennifer Low, M.D., Ph.D., to chief medical officer. She will continue to serve in her current role of executive vice president of research and development....Valerie Palmieri joined Vermillion, Inc. as chief operating officer. She was previously president of MOMENTUM Consulting....Alere Inc. named Namal Nawana president and CEO. Nawana was previously chief operating officer, and was appointed interim president and CEO in July....The Journal of Urology appointed Joseph Smith, M.D., editor. Smith is currently chairman of the Dept. of Urologic Surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- Clarus Ventures, LLC appointed Barry Gertz, M.D., Ph.D., venture partner, as well as chief medical advisor for Relay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Gertz was previously senior vice president of global clinical development at Merck....Steven Strobel joined Hill-Rom as senior vice president and chief financial officer. He was previously chief financial officer at BlueStar Energy....RenovoRx named Shaun Bagai CEO. Bagai was most recently in charge of global market development for HeartFlow, Inc....Experian promoted Scott Bagwell to president of Experian Health. He was previously vice president of sales and marketing at Experian Health and of Passport Health Communications.
- Elite Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Kenneth Smith, J.D., M.B.A., vice president of legal, Jason LePree, Ph.D., vice president of scientific affairs and Sophy Abraham, Ph.D., head of regulatory affairs. Smith was previously chief intellectual property counsel for Alpharma, Inc., LePree was previously principal scientist of formulations research and development for Capsugel and Abraham was previously senior regulatory associate at Teva Pharmaceuticals....Regenesis Biomedical Inc. appointed Mark Davis vice president of clinical research and regulatory affairs. Davis has 30 years’ experience in pharmaceuticals, biotech and medical devices.
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) appointed Christina Stow vice president of communications. Stow was co-practice lead of corporate communications and issues management at APCO Worldwide....Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Peter Kiener chief scientific officer, Matthias Alder executive vice president of business development and licensing and Steven Caffe, M.D., senior vice president of regulatory affairs. Kiener was previously chief scientific officer of Ambrx Inc., Alder was previously executive vice president of corporate development and legal affairs and corporate secretary for Cytos Biotechnology AG and Caffe was previously senior vice president and chief development and regulatory officer at AMAG Pharmaceuticals Inc....Matrix Medical Network, recently acquired by Providence Service Corp., promoted Walter Cooper to CEO. He was previously chief operating officer.
- UCare appointed Julie Feirtag customer services director. She was previously vice president, enterprise operations at Allianz Life Insurance Co. of North America. UCare also named Dale Nasby behavioral health director and Gary Sikma project management office director. Nasby was most recently director of health services at Mayo Clinic Health at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Sikma was previously project management office director at the Good Samaritan Society....The National Community Pharmacists Association appointed John Sherrer president. He co-owns Kenmar Pharmacy and Poole’s Pharmacy in Marietta, Ga....John McKew, Ph.D., joined aTyr Pharma as vice president of research. He was previously acting scientific director of the Division of Preclinical Innovation at the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences.
- Apollo Medical Holdings, Inc. appointed David Badour senior vice president of business development. He was most recently regional sales director for CompleteRx....Otonomy, Inc. named Anthony Yost chief commercial officer. He was previously chief commercial officer for Prometheus Laboratories and EKR Therapeutics....Kim Roherty joined CareSource as vice president of quality and performance outcomes. She was previously in charge of health plan best practices, outcome management and business intelligence for Hewlett Packard.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey appointed Minal Patel, M.D., senior vice president and chief strategy officer. Patel was most recently executive vice president of iHealth Technologies....PruittHealth named Daniel Wyman, M.D., chief medical officer. He was previously air combat command chief medical officer and command surgeon for the U.S. Air Force....Medbox, Inc. appointed Doug Mitchell chief financial officer. He was previously CFO for Chicago Pizza & Brewery, now known as BJ’s Restaurants, Inc....Michael Giske joined Epic Sciences as chief information officer. He was most recently director of IT strategy and architecture at Oracle Corp.
- HealthNow New York Inc. promoted Jared Gross to senior vice president, enterprise initiatives and analytics. Gross has been with the company since 2009....The American Association of Nurse Practitioners elected Cindy Cooke, D.N.P, F.N.P-C., president for the 2015 term, starting in June. She is a family nurse practitioner at the family care clinic at Fox Army Health Center....The Jean Tweed Center promoted Lucy Hume to executive director. She succeeds Nancy Bradley, who is retiring....Advaxis, Inc. appointed David Mauro, M.D., Ph.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer. He was previously executive director, section head oncology clinical development at Merck & Co.
- The American Academy of Actuaries appointed Tom Wildsmith president for the 2015-2016 term. Wildsmith, who was previously vice president, is senior public policy manager for Aetna, Inc. and succeeds Mary Miller....Alameda Health System named Bonnie Panlasigui chief administrative officer for Alameda Hospital. She was previously chief operating officer of Lutheran Health Network’s Dupont Hospital....Thomas Smith, M.D., joined Ameritox as chief medical officer. He was previously chief medical officer for Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals....ForSight VISION5 named Lisa Garrett vice president of finance and administration. She was previously chief financial officer and vice president of human resources for Corventis, Inc., which was recently acquired by Medtronic.
- The National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) appointed Marvin Richardson, R.Ph., CEO of Mirixa Corp. Mirixa, founded by NCPA, provides targeted patient care services via the nation's largest pharmacy-based patient care network. Richardson was previously in the specialty division at Walgreen Co....Commonwealth Care of Roanoke named Stan Huffman chief financial officer. He was previously CEO of a nonprofit senior housing and nursing provider....CTG Chairman and CEO James Boldt passed away Oct. 13. Chief financial officer Brendan Harrington is serving as interim CEO....Premera Blue Cross promoted John Espinola, M.D., M.B.A., to executive vice president of health care services. He was previously vice president for quality, medical management and provider engagement.
- Delphinus Medical Technologies, Inc. named Chris Sanders vice president of engineering. He was previously director of ultrasound research and development at Toshiba Medical Research Institute....ERT appointed Ron Sullivan executive vice president and product line executive for electronic Clinical Outcome Assessments (eCOA). Sullivan was previously global vice president of product development and portfolio management at GE Healthcare Surgery....The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) named Lucia Savage chief privacy officer. She was previously senior associate general counsel at UnitedHealthcare, a division of UnitedHealth Group, and replaces Joy Pritts....The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia appointed Matthew Cook executive vice president of strategic planning and business development. He was previously principal with the Chartis Group’s management consulting practice.
- Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota appointed Robert Bonar Jr. CEO, effective in late November. Bonar currently is CEO of Seton Family of Hospitals and Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas. Seton Family of Hospitals North Group President Michelle Robertson has been named acting president of the hospital division....Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. named Caroline Corner, Ph.D., managing director of health care equity research, and Daniel Brims, Ph.D., vice president. Corner previously worked in investor relations for Solazyme, Inc., and Brims was most recently senior research analyst at Brean Capital, LLC....DaVita Kidney Care, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., appointed Lorne Holland, M.D., M.B.A., chief laboratory officer. She was previously medical director for the west region of Quest Diagnostics.
- IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. appointed Kelli Newman general counsel and corporate secretary. She previously served as general counsel and chief administrative officer of Reachout Healthcare America....Hearst Corp. named Charles Tuchinda, M.D., president of First Databank. Tuchinda was previously vice president of business development and product strategy at Eclipsys (now Allscripts)....Sallie Graves joined MagMutual Insurance Co. as senior vice president, chief information officer. She was most recently global senior IT director for strategic governance and enterprise solutions with The Coca-Cola Co.
- Julie Judge joined Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. in the new role of chief experience officer. She was most recently senior vice president of human resources at Erickson Living....Jackson Healthcare appointed Jonathan Ward vice president of corporate development. He previously served as president for Cross Country Healthcare....Creekridge Capital named Terri Morse regional sales manager. Morse has nearly 20 years of sales experience....Carol Gallagher joined New Enterprise Associates, Inc. as partner. She is also chairman of Atara Biotherapeutics and AnaptysBio....Vivametrica cofounder Matthew Smuck founded the Stanford Center for Medical Mobile Technology, which he will direct....AngioTech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed John Barr CEO. He previously served as executive vice president and president, global surgical at Bausch + Lomb.
- New Century Health appointed Andrew Hertler, M.D., chief medical officer. He previously served as medical director for physician practices at Maine General Medical Center....Myriad Genetics, Inc. named R. Bryan Riggsbee executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. Riggsbee was previously senior vice president of corporate finance at Laboratory Corp. of America Holdings....RxTrials appointed Adam Chasse president. He was previously chief operating officer....Global Advances in Health and Medicine appointed Mary Jo Kreitzer, Ph.D., and Robert Saper, M.D., co-editors-in-chief. Kreitzer is the founder and director of the Center for Spirituality & Healing at the University of Minnesota. Saper is the director of The Program for Integrative Medicine and Health Care Disparities at Boston Medical Center and associate professor of family medicine at Boston University.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee appointed Trey White vice president, controller and chief accounting officer. He was previously manager of assurance services for Ernst & Young LLP....SRI International named Michael Page vice president of information technology services and chief information officer. He was most recently senior director of business applications at LSI Corp....Aeterna Zentaris Inc. appointed Philip Theodore senior vice president, chief administrative officer, general counsel and corporate secretary. Theodore previously served as vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary of Zep Inc....West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. named Karen Flynn president of its subsidiary Pharmaceutical Packaging Systems. She was previously the president of the company’s Americas region....The Goodman Group named Alexandra Berg director of transitional care for its subsidiary Able Care Connect. Berg has been a nurse practitioner since 2001....Quantum Health appointed Shannon Skaggs chief operating officer. She was previously vice president of product development....Patty Benjamin joined Pharmacists United for Truth and Transparency (PUTT) as senior advisor on managed care policies. She was previously vice president of managed care at H.D. Smith....vitaTrackr, Inc., named David Ellis and Pat Hezmall co-chief medical officers. Ellis and Hezmall helped organize Urology Associates of North Texas.
- QmedRx named Scott Karolchyk vice president of formulations. He currently serves as president of the New Jersey Academy of Compounding Pharmacists....NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System appointed Karen Westervelt senior vice president and chief operating officer, succeeding Wayne Osten, who is retiring. Westervelt previously served as president and CEO of William F. Ryan Community Health Network....HealthEdge named Steve Sharp chief operating officer. Sharp was most recently managing director of Charles Rivers Development....Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced chief financial officer Cary Claiborne is stepping down to pursue other interests. A replacement has not been named….Apollo Medical Holdings, Inc. appointed Mark Marten vice president of managed care. He previously served as chief operating officer for Prospect Medical Systems....The Diabetes Research Institute Foundation named Barbara Tavrow senior vice president. Tavrow previously ran her own consulting firm, Tavrow|Lund Consulting, LLC....Thoratec Corp. appointed Niamh Pellegrini president, North America. Pellegrini recently held senior positions with Johnson & Johnson subsidiaries LifeScan and Acclarent.
- Bracket appointed Jeff Kinell CEO and member of the board. Kinell was previously CEO of CRI Lifetree....DigiPath, Inc. named cofounder Todd Denkin CEO and president. Denkin will keep his current role as president of DigiPath’s subsidiary National Marijuana News Corp. Outgoing CEO Joe Tanner will continue with the company as a consultant....Portage Pharmaceuticals Ltd, a division of Portage Biotech Inc., hired Christopher Rhodes, Ph.D., and E. Mitchell Seymour, Ph.D., R.A.C., as consultants. Rhodes previously served as chief technology officer at SKS Ocular, LLC. Seymour is currently a researcher at the University of Michigan Medical School....PDL BioPharma, Inc. promoted Danny Hart, deputy general counsel, assistant secretary and corporate counsel, to vice president of business development. Nathan Kryszak, who joins the company from White & Case LLP, is assuming the role of senior counsel.
- Willis Group Holdings appointed Omar Elkhoury human capital practice leader of the Atlantic region for Willis North America. He was previously executive vice president for Willis of Maryland....Generex Biotechnology Corporation named Lakshmi Kotra, Ph.D., consultant to its buccal insulin enhancement project. Kotra is the director at the Center for Molecular Design and Preformulations at University Health Network….Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. appointed David Hagerty, M.D., executive vice president of clinical development. Hagerty previously worked as an independent consultant. Prior to that, he served as senior vice president and chief medical officer at Ardea Biosciences.
- Accelovance, Inc. appointed Joseph Purvis, M.D., vice president of medical affairs, oncology. He was previously with Cell Pathways and AstraZeneca....H.D. Smith named Dmitrey Kuznetsov vice president of generic pharmaceuticals. He was previously vice president of generic pharmaceuticals sourcing....Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Armando Anido chairman and CEO. Anido was previously CEO of NuPathe. The company also appointed Terri Sebree president. She previously served as president of NuPathe.
- TransforMED, a subsidiary of the American Academy of Family Physicians, named Russell Kohl, M.D., chief medical officer. He was previously medical director of innovation at TransforMED’s Centers of Excellence....The Burchfield Group, Inc. appointed Craig Caldwell national account executive. He previously worked at Remedy Rx....ICF International named John Guda senior vice president and general manager of commercial health care business. Guda was most recently president of global delivery and chief technology officer at First Consulting Group, Inc....Premier, Inc. named Bimal Shah, M.D., M.B.A., vice president of Premier Research Services. He previously served as quality improvement director for the Dept. of Medicine at the Duke Clinical Research Center and Duke Heart Center.
- Hill, Chesson & Woody named Jennifer McCurdy client services representative. She was previously in account management at Triad Financial Advisors....The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) appointed Ieva Augstums deputy vice president of communications and public affairs. Augstums previously managed strategic communications campaigns and brand consulting for Purple Strategies, LLC....Henry Ford Health System named Wright L. Lassiter, III, president, effective Dec. 15. He is currently CEO at Alameda Health System. Current CEO Nancy Schlichting will retire in December 2016 as part of a two-year succession plan....Diplomat named Stephen Brown chief information officer. He previously served as CIO for Omnicare.