Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- Health Net, Inc. promoted James Woys to executive vice president, chief financial and operating officer, and interim treasurer. Woys had been executive vice president and chief operating officer since November 2007. Woys will replace current Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Joseph Capezza, who is retiring. Capezza will have a consulting contract with the company through the end of the year to assist with transition issues....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Andrew Asher senior vice president, effective Aug. 29, and expects the board to appoint him as CFO in November. Asher now is the CFO of Aetna, Inc.’s Local and Regional Businesses....Greg Scott, a principal with Deloitte Consulting LLP, was appointed principal vice chairman and national sector leader for Deloitte's health plans practice.
- Mercer added four consultants to its Midwest Health & Benefits business. Jeff Smith, formerly senior vice president and senior strategy and design consultant in Aon Hewitt’s Health & Benefits practice, is a principal and senior health and benefits consultant based in Chicago. Tyler Harshey, most recently director of national accounts actuarial at Aetna, rejoined Mercer’s consulting team in Chicago as a principal and lead actuary for the Mercer Marketplace Group Active Exchange solution in North America. Matthew Rehmann, previously vice president of sales and marketing at Integrated Health Systems, was named the Midwest exchange sales leader. And Rey Balcazar, a principal in Mercer’s Employee Health & Benefits practice, was promoted to Midwest exchange solution leader....AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Robert Blood vice president of legal affairs and chief compliance officer. He most recently served as associate general counsel at EMD Serono, Inc.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee named Tom Winston director of provider contracting for West and Middle Tennessee, responsible for defining and directing contracting strategies and negotiations for physicians, hospitals and other providers in these two regions. Winston previously served as the corporate director of revenue and relationship management for Novant Health, Inc., in Charlotte, N.C….Oklahoma City-based Foundation Healthcare, Inc., which focuses on the development and management of surgical hospitals and related ancillary services, appointed Travis Crenshaw chief information officer. Crenshaw was previously with United Surgical Partners International.
- Molina Healthcare, Inc. appointed Keith Wilson, M.D., chief medical officer, responsible for establishing clinical policy and oversight of medical management functions of all the company’s health plan subsidiaries. He was previously the vice president of clinical services for the Molina Medical Group clinics and American Family Care….Anavex Life Sciences Corp., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, named Tasos Zografidis, Ph.D., vice president, clinical operations. He most recently served as a clinical and pharmaceutical consultant.
- GenerationOne, a mobile health technology solutions provider, said engagement behavior designer Kyra Bobinet, M.D., will serve as a consultant to the company. Bobinet is CEO of engagedIN, a behavior design firm for the health and wellness industry, and an instructor at Stanford University School of Medicine....Gregory T. Lucier was appointed as a corporate advisor to Organovo Holdings, Inc., a three-dimensional biology company. In the role, Lucier will advise CEO Keith Murphy and the executive management team on various corporate issues. Lucier was formerly chairman and CEO of Life Technologies.
- GS1 US appointed Michael Innes vice president, healthcare, with responsibility for leading GS1 Healthcare US. Prior to joining GS1 US, Innes was a program director with Kaiser Permanente where he managed strategic projects designed to extend the value of GS1 Standards within and beyond the supply chain….Diplomat President Gary Kadlec was elected to the board of directors for the American Foundation of Pharmaceutical Education. Kadlec will serve a three-year term as a board member.
- Cardinal Health announced that John F. Finn, lead director of the company since 2009 and chair of the Nominating and Governance Committee since 2012, has decided not to stand for re-election. Effective Nov. 1, 2014, the board appointed Gregory B. Kenny as lead director and chair of the Nominating and Governance Committee. Kenny has served as a director since 2007....HemoSonics, a medical diagnostic company, named Timothy J. Fischer president and CEO. Prior to joining HemoSonics, Fischer served as chief operating officer for LipoScience, a publicly traded in vitro diagnostics company.
- CompuGroup Medical US promoted Werner Rodorff to CEO and senior vice president, North America. He succeeds Norbert H. Fischl in the role. Rodorff joined CompuGroup in 2009 and most recently served as general manager of the company's Health Connectivity Services division....Quanta Fluid Solutions Ltd named Willem Baralt chief financial officer. Prior to joining Quanta, Baralt was managing director of a private investment office, Mercantile Group.
- The American Association of Homecare elected Dave Cormack, president of Brightree, to the AAHomecare Board of Directors....OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed John A. Bencich vice president and chief financial officer (CFO). Bencich previously served as CFO of Integrated Diagnostics Inc.
- Alameda Health System named Mark S. Fratzke chief operating officer of the system and chief administrative officer for Highland Hospital. He most recently was chief operating officer of the Mayo Clinic's Southwest Minnesota region….The Joint Commission promoted Stacy C. Olea to executive director of its Laboratory Services Accreditation program. Olea previously was the laboratory field director and interim ambulatory field director at The Joint Commission.
- Seattle Children's promoted Mark Del Beccaro, M.D., to senior vice president and chief medical officer. Del Beccaro, who now serves as vice president of medical affairs, will replace David Fisher, M.D., who is retiring….CNA Financial Corp. appointed Gary DelBuono vice president of product management, effective Aug. 11. He will oversee enterprise product development, partnering closely with underwriting in developing product solutions for CNA's Commercial and Specialty lines. DelBuono comes to CNA from Liberty Mutual, where he served as senior vice president and product manager in the General Liability space.
- Tandigm Health, a joint venture between Independence Blue Cross and DaVita HealthCare Partners, appointed Kenneth Goldblum, M.D., chief medical officer. Tandigm Health is a network of primary care physicians in southeastern Pennsylvania dedicated to improving quality and efficiency through physician-led, coordinated care. Goldblum previously was the medical director of Gateway Medical Associates, a large primary group practice, and chief medical officer of Renaissance Health Network, an IPA….Molecular oncology diagnostics company Biocept, Inc. named Amy McNeal senior director of managed care and reimbursement strategies. She joins Biocept from GE Healthcare, where she was manager of the North American Managed Care unit.
- Alameda Health System appointed Kinzi Richholt chief nurse executive. Richholt joined Alameda in February 2014 as the interim chief nurse executive. Prior to that, she served as a consultant for Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Antioch, Calif., where she implemented strategic initiatives to improve care experience and significantly raised Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores…. Nutrinsic Corp. named David Hutchinson vice president of technical services and Daniel Beckett controller. Hutchinson previously was senior vice president of operations at RiceBran Technologies and director of quality and regulatory affairs at Bioriginal Food and Science. Beckett has over 30 years of accounting and financial experience with a number of companies including Coca-Cola and American Express.
- Marathon Pharmaceuticals appointed Jeanine M. Swalec vice president of regulatory affairs. She most recently served as the senior director for global regulatory affairs for Lundbeck Pharmaceuticals....CareSource appointed David Kaelber, M.D., Ph.D., to its board of trustees. Kaelber is a practicing internist, pediatrician and the chief medical informatics officer of The MetroHealth System in Cleveland, Ohio. He is also director of MetroHealth’s Center for Clinical Informatics Research and Education and MetroHealth’s Clinical Informatics Fellowship program.
- UCare named Alvaro H. Sanchez, M.D., associate medical director in the non-profit health plan’s Clinical and Quality Management department. Dr. Sanchez most recently was regional medical director of primary care for Park Nicollet Health Services (PNHS)-Minnesota….Salt Lake Community College has named JoAnne Wright dean of the School of Health Sciences, which oversees programs in the College’s nursing and allied health fields. Wright has held faculty positions at several major universities, including the University of Utah.
- Egalet Corp. appointed Jeffrey M. Dayno, M.D., chief medical officer, responsible for leading Egalet's clinical development programs as well as overseeing the activities in regulatory affairs, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs. He most recently served as vice president, global medical affairs, at ViroPharma....CareSource appointed Douglas A. Fecher to the board of trustees. Fecher is president and CEO of Wright-Patt Credit Union.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. promoted Craig Fraser to chief operating officer. He previously was president, U.S. and international commercial and global manufacturing and supply chain at Aegerion. The company also promoted Carolina Alarco to president, international and Johanna Sealscott to vice president, U.S. sales. Ms. Alarco previously was vice president and general manager, international, and Ms. Sealscott was regional sales director for JUXTAPID….Matrix Medical Network appointed Lori LeGrow vice president, contact center operations. She previously was a call center executive at Ultimate Medical Academy.
- Texas Health Resources promoted Barclay E. Berdan to CEO, effective Sept. 1. Berdan replaces longtime CEO Doug Hawthorne. Berdan previously was the health system’s senior executive vice president and chief operating officer....Dwight Zivo was named vice president of marketing for Chicago-based Parr Insurance Brokerage. Most recently, Zivo was the owner and founder of Chicago-based NB Independent Brokerage, an independent financial services agency....CannaMed Corp. named Vinisha Agnihotri vice president of finance and head of the medical research committee. Agnihotri previously operated a private consulting business.
- Alameda Health System appointed David Cox chief financial officer. He most recently served as chief financial officer of Marin General Hospital and Marin Healthcare District….One Call Care Management said Kim Radcliffe was promoted to president of the Align Networks business unit. Radcliffe most recently served as vice president of operations and has been with Align Networks since 2006….Advanced Medical Strategies named Alice Jamba vice president of clinical services. Her role will be to assist the company with clinical research and product development.
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital named Henry H. Ting, M.D., senior vice president and chief quality officer, effective July 21, 2014. Most recently, Dr. Ting was a professor of medicine and served as the associate dean for the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine. He also served as the director for the Mayo Clinic Quality Academy....Signal Genetics, Inc. appointed Tamara A. Seymour as chief financial officer. She replaces Robert Johnson, who resigned effective Aug. 4, 2014. Seymour joins Signal from HemaQuest Pharmaceuticals, Inc., where she oversaw all financial, accounting and administrative functions of the company.
- Mark VanderWerf, vice president of eHealth and OEM at Nonin Medical, Inc., was elected chairman of the American Telemedicine Association's Industry Council and will join the ATA's Board of Directors....Magellan Health, Inc. appointed Kay Coles James to its board of directors. James is president of the Gloucester Institute and previously served as director of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management under George W. Bush....Hill, Chesson & Woody, an employee benefits firm, appointed McKenzie Watts consultant coordinator. Watts previously was a benefits analyst with HCW from 2007 to 2012.
- The Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America named Wyatt Stewart director of federal government affairs, working in its Capitol Hill office. Stewart previously served as advisor for policy and coalitions for House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.)....Susan L. Turney, M.D., has resigned as president and CEO of the Medical Group Management Association, effective Sept. 1. She will serve as CEO of the newly formed Marshfield Clinic Health System in Marshfield, Wis. Until a successor is named, MGMA leaders will assume increased responsibility.
- Kathleen Regan will become The Commonwealth Fund’s executive vice president and chief operating officer on Jan. 1, 2015, succeeding John E. Craig, Jr. Regan was a venture partner at Radius Ventures....SRS named Scott Ciccarelli CEO. Ciccarelli was a senior executive at GE Healthcare.
- Cover Oregon named Aaron Patnode executive director. Patnode was director of business development at Kaiser Permanente Northwest….Silver State Health Insurance Exchange in Nevada appointed Bruce Gilbert executive director. He was a principal at Texas-based HIX Partners and former benefits administrator for Ohio. He replaces Jon Hager who resigned in February.
- Health Care Service Corp. named Steve Betts chief information officer. He is replacing Brian Hedberg, who announced his retirement earlier this year. Betts was chief information officer at Aon….BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Steven Johns to director of individual sales. He was the manager of individual sales for the Blues plan.
- The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) appointed Kaitlyn Byrnes manager, media relations. Byrnes comes to HAP from the American Trauma Society, PA Division, where she has served as public relations/program development director, managing media relations, maintaining the division brand, developing social media and web strategies, writing and editing publications and reports, and coordinating education events....UCare named Kerry Bendel director of pharmacy. Bendel was associate vice president of product development at Prime Therapeutics.
- The American Benefits Council promoted Jason Hammersla to senior director of communications and named Jessica Chirico communications assistant. Chirico is a recent graduate of East Carolina University in Greenville....Alameda Health System appointed Terry Lightfoot director of government and community relations. Lightfoot was community relations and outreach manager for L. Luster & Associates.
- Buck Consultants, a Xerox Company, appointed Bruce Sherman, M.D., medical director of RightOpt, the firm's private health insurance exchange. He was consulting corporate medical director for Wal-Mart Stores, Inc....California’s public exchange Covered California named Yolanda Richardson chief deputy executive director of strategy, marketing and product development and Susannah Johnsrud chief deputy executive director of operations. Richardson joined Covered California in April 2012 as deputy chief operations officer. Johnsrud was director of the Financial Information System for California.
- David Queller is leaving Aetna Inc. and his role as head of national accounts to join Express Scripts Holding Co. as senior vice president for sales and account management….Assurant, Inc. named Robyn Price Stonehill executive vice president, chief human resources. She was the senior vice president for compensation, benefits and shared services. Stonehill succeeds Sylvia Wagner, who is retiring this year following 40 years with the company.
- Aetna Inc. said Harold Paz, M.D., will be the insurer’s executive vice president and chief medical officer. Paz was the CEO of Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Health System, senior vice president for health affairs for Penn State University, dean of its College of Medicine and professor of medicine and public health sciences....Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama promoted Dow Briggs, M.D., to chief business officer. He was senior vice president, business operations.
- Sunshine Heart, Inc. named Brian Brown senior vice president of operations and technology. Brown was R&D, vice president cardiovascular at Boston Scientific....Express Scripts hired David Queller to serve as senior vice president, sales and account management. Queller joins Express Scripts from Aetna Inc., where he was senior vice president, national accounts.
- The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) appointed John Mackowiak vice president of pharmacy and education, April Shaughnessy deputy to the CEO and Kevin Bruns vice president of communications and marketing. Mackowiak was editor-in-chief of the Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy. Shaughnessy was AMCP's director of mission advancing initiatives and governance. Since 1996, Bruns has been a public affairs consultant and writer for numerous health care organizations....Mayne Pharma named Blake Cullen vice president of business development for its U.S. generic products division. Cullen was executive director, business development at Rhodes Pharmaceuticals.
- Peter M. Marino, director of the Rhode Island Office of Management and Budget, was appointed CEO of the Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island, effective Sept. 1. Marino will succeed interim CEO Jim Hooley....Scioderm, Inc. named Ronald Nardi chief scientific officer. Nardi was executive vice president of regulatory affairs and quality assurance at International Partnership for Microbicides.
- Humana Inc. hired Douglas Stoss as vice president of federal affairs. Stoss comes from Bristol-Myers Squibb, where he served as director of market access strategy.... Magellan Health, Inc. named Stewart Lavelle chief sales and marketing officer. Lavelle was senior vice president of sales and marketing at Coventry Health Care.
- America's Health Insurance Plans named Mark Hamelburg senior vice president of federal programs. Hamelburg was a member of Epstein Becker & Green....AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Melissa Bradford Klug senior vice president of business development and strategy. Klug was vice president of business development and licensing at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. promoted Kelly Munson to region president for Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi and Tennessee. Munson was named chief operating officer of WellCare of Kentucky in August 2012, and in 2013 was named state president of Kentucky....Celladon Corporation named Elizabeth Reed vice president and general counsel. Reed was senior vice president, legal affairs, general counsel and corporate secretary at Anadys Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Effective July 7, Ian Bushell, former corporate medical director at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, will become chief clinical integration officer at Integrated Solutions Health Network....Bristol-Myers Squibb Company promoted Giovanni Caforio, M.D., to chief operating officer. Caforio was chief commercial officer.
- Karen Remley, M.D., has been named chief medical director of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Virginia. She replaces Jay Schukman, M.D., who accepted another role in the organization leading the clinical efforts for Anthem’s parent company’s East Region. Remley is a former commissioner of health for the Commonwealth of Virginia….David Rosenberg has joined Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, where he will be responsible for leading the carrier’s strategic financial initiatives and functions. He was senior vice president, finance and interim chief financial officer for Hertz Corp.
- Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island named Peter Marino CEO effective from Sept. 1. Marino is the director of the Rhode Island Office of Management and Budget. He succeeds Jim Hooley, who was interim CEO since November 2012….Symphony Performance Health appointed Sandra Loder senior vice president and chief legal counsel. She was general counsel for payers in Medicare, Medicaid and the commercial space, including as general counsel for Clear One Health Plans, Inc.
- ActiveCare, Inc. named Earl Hurst senior vice president of business development. He was market president of Humana Utah….Univita Health appointed Michael Muchnicki CEO. Muchnicki was CEO of Windsor Health.
- Shopko named Michael Cantrell senior vice president of retail health. Cantrell comes from Delhaize America, where he was vice president of pharmacy....Steven J. Stack, M.D., an emergency physician practicing in Lexington, Ky., was named president-elect of the American Medical Association. Stack will assume the office of AMA president in June 2015.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries named Sigurdur Olafsson president and CEO of global specialty medicines. Olafsson was president at Actavis plc....CNA Financial Corporation promoted Matt Szabo to assistant vice president, commercial underwriting officer for the Chicago, Illinois and Wisconsin Branches. Szabo was branch underwriting director for the Chicago Branch.
Shopko named Michael Cantrell senior vice president of retail health. Cantrell comes from Delhaize America, where he was vice president of pharmacy....Steven J. Stack, M.D., an emergency physician practicing in Lexington, Ky., was named president-elect of the American Medical Association. Stack will assume the office of AMA president in June 2015.
Ferguson Partners Ltd. named Dorothy M. Billingsly managing director of its Chicago office. For 14 years, she led Billingsly Associates....EmployerDirect appointed John Relic executive vice president of its provider network. Relic was a director of physician services at Huron Consulting Group.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. promoted Kenneth Burdick to president and chief operating officer. He was president, national health plans....Avalere Health appointed Robert Carter senior vice president, Andrew Cohen vice president and Greg Hall vice president in the patient access solutions practice. Carter was the development executive for Welsh Carson Anderson and Stowe. Cohen comes from the Brookings Institution’s Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform, where he was a managing director. Hall was vice president, patient and provider services at Covance.
- The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania appointed Kaitlyn Byrnes manager, media relations. Byrnes comes to HAP from the American Trauma Society, where she served as public relations/program development director….San Francisco-based SeaChange Health named Christopher Kelly chief marketing officer – solutions. Previously, Kelly was senior marketing advisor for Covered California, the California public exchange.
- American HomePatient, Inc. named Barbara “Be” Stark senior vice president of business development. Stark was senior vice president of sales at Univita Health....Novartis appointed Bruno Strigini president of Novartis Oncology. Strigini comes from Merck & Co., where he was president for Europe/Canada.
- UCare announced that President and CEO Nancy Feldman plans to retire in 2015. Feldman has led UCare as CEO since 1995....CarePayment named Craig Hodges CEO, effective July 7. Hodges was senior vice president and general manager of patient billing and payment services and for payer payment solutions at Emdeon.
- HealthNow New York Inc. named Thomas E. Schenk, M.D., chief medical officer (CMO) and Dave Busch senior vice president and chief sales officer. Schenk was managing partner at Delaware Pediatric Associates. Busch was senior vice president and president of employer and health plan divisions at ValueOptions Inc....Tonix Pharmaceuticals Holding Corp. appointed Gregory M. Sullivan, M.D., CMO. Sullivan is an assistant professor of clinical psychiatry in the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University.
- JLL’s Capital Markets named Steven Leathers senior vice president. Leathers comes from REIT American Realty Capital Healthcare Trust, where he was responsible for property acquisitions and transaction management....Van Dyk Health Care, Inc. promoted Kevin Brendlen to vice president of strategic partnerships. Brendlen was director of marketing.
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America promoted Maurie Markman, M.D., to president of the company's Medicine & Science unit. Markman was vice president of patient oncology services and national director for medical oncology....Symphony Health Solutions named Robert Gabruk senior vice president of customer success and insights. Gabruk was the North American practice lead at Cognizant.
- Vector Oncology named Michael Choukas CEO and Sean Hart executive vice president and managing director of pharmaceutical services. Choukasa was founding partner of Watermill Group. Hart comes from UBC, where he was general manager of global product approval and commercialization....Bavarian Nordic A/S promoted Paul Chaplin to president and CEO. He replaces Anders Hedegaard who leaves the company to join GN ReSound A/S as CEO. Chaplin was executive vice president.
- KPH Healthcare Services promoted Bridget-ann Hart to president and CEO. Hart was president of Kinney Healthcare Services....Purdue Pharma L.P. named Saeed Motahari senior vice president and chief commercial officer. Motahari comes from AbbVie, where he served as vice president of U.S. sales and marketing, specialty Brands - new launches.
- Greenleaf Health LLC named Rachel Sherman, M.D., principal, drug and biological drug products. Sherman was director of the FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research’s Office of Medical Policy and associate center director for medical policy....The California Association of Dental Plans said Jackie Miller, the association’s executive director since 1995, will retire Dec. 31, 2014.
- Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative in Wisconsin said CEO Bob DeVita has retired and Chief Operating Officer Cathy Mahaffey has been promoted to CEO. DeVita originally served in a volunteer role on the Common Ground CO-OP board and became CEO in February 2012 ….Erik Larson, MNsure's chief operating officer, is stepping down in July.
- Nektar Therapeutics named Ivan Gergel, M.D., senior vice president, drug development and chief medical officer. Gergel was executive vice president, research and development of Endo Pharmaceuticals....Inovalon, Inc. appointed Robert Wychulis president and Thomas Kloster chief financial officer (CFO). Wychulis was president of WellPoint New York. Kloster comes from Algeco Scotsman, where he was CFO.
- OXiGENE, Inc. named David Chaplin president and CEO, replacing Peter Langecker, M.D. Chaplin has served as a senior member of the management team of several biopharma companies....The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) appointed Matthew Jacobs general counsel. Jacobs comes to CalPERS from DLA Piper, where he was a partner in its litigation practice.
- Richard Moore has joined CSG Government Solutions' health care and human services practice. Moore was president of eHealth Ohio, Inc....AxoGen, Inc. named Lee Robert Johnston, Jr. chief financial officer (CFO). Johnston was senior vice president of corporate development and CFO of Scientific Protein Laboratories, LLC.
- GW Pharmaceuticals plc named Kenneth Sommerville, M.D., vice president of clinical science. Sommerville was vice president of clinical science at Pfizer, Inc....InfinityQS International, Inc. appointed Martyn Gill general manager for Europe. Gill was global strategic business development director and quality consultant at ATS International.
- Cover Oregon said Steve Powell, the deputy chief information officer at the Oregon Health Authority, is leaving on June 5. Powell was a deputy to Carolyn Lawson, former top technology manager at the agency whose team was in charge of the early development of the exchange....BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee appointed Lisa Slattery vice president of quality management for all lines of business. Slattery was chief quality and compliance officer at MedHOK Healthcare Solutions, LLC.
- EmployerDirect named Jeff Gary executive vice president of business development. Gary was the founder and president of The JMG Group....WellPoint, Inc. appointed Martin Silverstein, M.D., chief strategy officer. Silverstein was a senior partner and managing director at Boston Consulting Group.
- HEALTHEC named Anthony Akosa, M.D., chief medical officer. Akosa was vice president of medical affairs for ADVANTAGE Health Solutions....PerformRx promoted Andrew Maiorini, director of clinical programs, to vice president of clinical programs and Patrick Gallagher, director of business solutions, to vice president of operations.
- Kay Green has joined CSG Government Solutions' health care and human services practice. Green was director of federal programs for the division of developmental disabilities at the Missouri Department of Mental Health....Explorys named Thomas Chickerella chief operating officer. Chickerella was system vice president for performance improvement and supply chain at Vanguard Health Systems.
- The White House promoted longtime aide Kristie Canegallo to the new position of deputy chief of staff for policy implementation. The job will include monitoring Affordable Care Act implementation. The assignment comes at the same time health care adviser Phil Schiliro departs the administration....Cancer Treatment Centers of America appointed Devin Carty chief talent and experience officer. Carty was vice president, culture, chief marketing and experience officer for Vanguard Health System.
- CarePayment named Rick Slavin vice president of technology, Nicole Miller vice president of product management and Jim Kirby vice president of implementation and customer service. Slavin was vice president of information systems for CorVel Corp. Miller comes from Experian Healthcare, where she was director of product management and commercialization. Kirby joins CarePayment from WebMD where he was senior director of implementation services and shared services....Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc. appointed Christopher Primiano vice president, general counsel and secretary. Primiano was a Counsel in the Boston office of Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP.
- Tufts Health Plan named Nora Moreno Cargie executive director of Tufts Health Plan Foundation. Cargie will also serve as the vice president of corporate citizenship for Tufts Health Plan. She was the director of global corporate citizenship for The Boeing Co....BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee appointed Barbara Easterling Smith, M.D., associate chief medical officer. She was a board certified family physician.
- The Association of Community Cancer Centers named Becky DeKay president. DeKay is director of oncology services at the Feist-Weiller Cancer Center at LSU Health Shreveport in Louisiana....DIA China appointed Haijun (Lou) Dong managing director. Dong was CEO for Lilly China Research and Development Co., a subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Co.
- Heidrick & Struggles International named Michael Loiacano head of its North American health care services and managed care practices. Loiacano was senior vice president, managing director and a member of the executive management team of a boutique executive search firm....The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America appointed Robert Zirkelbach senior vice president of communications. Zirkelbach was vice president of strategic communications at America's Health Insurance Plans.
- Inovalon, Inc. named Robert Wychulis president and Thomas Kloster chief financial officer (CFO). Wychulis was president of WellPoint New York's government health plan HealthPlus. Kloster comes from Algeco Scotsman, where he served as CFO....AtheroNova Inc. appointed Randolph M. Johnson chief operating officer. Johnson was chief of technology development and vice president of research at KAI Pharmaceuticals.
- Mercer said Giuliana Rivers joined the firm’s Houston office within the defined contribution advisors specialty practice. Rivers was a senior client relationship consultant at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co....Molina Healthcare, Inc. named Thomas Lindquist president of Molina of South Carolina. Lindquist was president of Texas Home Health, Inc.
- CROnos Clinical Consulting named Nina Engelhardt vice president of scientific innovation. Engelhardt was senior clinical trainer and research scientist for MedAvante....NeoStem, Inc. appointed Adel Nada, M.D., vice president of immunotherapy. Nada comes from Baxter Healthcare where he was senior medical director for cardiovascular cellular therapies.
- Kite Pharma, Inc. named Arie Belldegrun, M.D., president and CEO. Belldegrun, who is also a founder of Kite, will continue in his current role as chairman of the company....The CECON Group appointed Kevin O’Neill program and market manager for its life sciences markets. O'Neill was vice president at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals.
- Cytomedix, Inc. named Dean Tozer executive vice president and chief commercial officer. Tozer was vice president of corporate development at Shire Pharmaceuticals....Immune Pharmaceuticals Inc. appointed Elliot Goldstein, M.D., chief medical officer and Eugene Williams chief operating officer. Goldstein was co-founder of Virtua, LLC. Williams was senior vice president at Genzyme.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Barbara Witte state president of Missouri. Prior to joining WellCare, she worked as a consultant specializing in operational efficiencies....America’s Health Insurance Plans appointed Brendan Buck vice president of communications. Buck was press secretary for House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio).
- The California HealthCare Foundation appointed Sophia Chang, M.D., vice president of programs. Chang was vice president and medical director of population health solutions for Accretive Health....Arkansas Medicaid Director Andy Allison will leave his position June 1 to pursue other opportunities. Dawn Zekis will step in as interim director until a replacement is found.
- ikaSystems named Mary Jernigan vice president of product management, Ken Accardi vice president of engineering and Ashwin Desai senior director of quality assurance. Jernigan was senior vice president at Healthfirst. Accardi comes from GE Medical Systems, where he was chief information officer. Desai was principal quality architect of commerce on the cloud for IBM Corp....Sanovas Inc. appointed Jeff Heer chief operating officer. Heer was vice president of manufacturing and customer support at Picarro Inc.
- CenCal Health named J. Mark Maddox, M.D., chief medical officer. Maddox was the medical director of government programs for PacificSource Health Plans in Bend, Ore....Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Inc. appointed Kathy Kukowski senior director of sales in Connecticut. She has previously held sales positions with ConnectiCare and Health Net, Inc.
- WellPoint, Inc. appointed Peter Haytaian executive vice president and president of the company’s government business division. He replaces Richard Zoretic, who will retire on May 31. Haytaian was a partner in the law firm of Morgan Lewis....athenahealth, Inc. promoted Karl Stubelis to chief financial officer. Stubelis was vice president and corporate controller.
- Aastrom Biosciences, Inc. named Ross Tubo chief scientific officer and David Recker, M.D, chief medical officer. Tubo was vice president of stem cell and chemokine biology at Genzyme. Recker was senior vice president of clinical sciences at Takeda Global Research and Development....The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania appointed Michael Consuelos, M.D., senior vice president, clinical integration, effective July 1. Consuelos was vice chair of the department of pediatrics at Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- AbilTo named Julie Donahue vice president of business development. Donahue held a number of senior roles in IBM’s financial, global strategy, security and health care service areas....Envision Pharmaceutical Services appointed Frank Sheehy CEO. Sheehy was president of Accredo Health, Medco's specialty pharmacy business.
- Bloom Health named Anudeep Parhar chief technology officer. Parhar was senior vice president of global engineering and development at Digital River....Tonix Pharmaceuticals Holding Corp. appointed Donald Kellerman, Pharm.D., senior vice president of clinical development and regulatory affairs. Kellerman was senior vice president of clinical development and medical affairs at MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Cigna Corp. named Mary Picerno chief nursing officer. Prior to joining Cigna, Picerno was staff vice president for WellPoint, Inc. She assumed her new role on April 28, taking over for Susan Gaca, who retired after 16 years with Cigna....Aegis Security Insurance Group appointed Trevor Hash senior vice president-surety. Hash was a bond manager in the Syracus, N.Y., office of Liberty Mutual Insurance Co.