Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- Athenex, Inc. named Jeffrey Yordon president of Athenex Specialty Products. He previously was founder, chairman and CEO of Sagent Pharmaceuticals....Kipp Jarecke-Cheng joined Publicis Healthcare Communications Group as chief communications officer. He most recently was director of marketing at FOUR32C....The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) elected Aria Health in Pennsylvania President and CEO Kathleen Kinslow, M.D., to board chair....EyeGate Pharma appointed Ryan Brenneman chief financial officer. He previously was senior vice president and chief accounting officer at CYS Investments, Inc.
- Natera, Inc. appointed Kimberly Martin, M.D., senior global medical director of its women’s health franchise. She previously was medical director of reproductive testing for Natera....Trovagene named William Welch CEO. He most recently was CEO of Sequenom, Inc....Olympus Corp. promoted Olympus Corp. of the Americas (OCA) General Counsel Donna Miller to head of HQ legal and global general counsel, and OCA Chief Compliance Officer Caroline West to global chief compliance officer....Ronald Rittenmeyer joined Millennium Health as chairman and CEO. He previously was chairman, president and CEO of Expert Global Solutions.
- The Healthcare Distribution Management Association (HDMA) appointed Ruth Miller senior director of regulatory affairs. She previously was an attorney in the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Diversion & Regulatory Policy Section....Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. named Joseph Papa chairman and CEO. He previously held the same title at Perrigo Company plc and succeeds J. Michael Pearson, who will remain with the company until Papa’s arrival in early May….Sonia Tolani joined Envy Medical, Inc. as senior vice president of marketing. She most recently was senior director of global marketing for Dermatologica, a unit of Unilever.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey named Jill Serin vice president and chief underwriter. She previously was chief actuary for Remedy Partners, Inc....Josh Golden joined Solid Benefit Guidance as area senior vice president. He most recently was practice leader of employer consulting for Pharmaceutical Strategies Group LLC....Biostage, Inc. appointed Ginger Abraham-Freel director of quality and operations. She previously was director of quality and head of manufacturing at Diagnostics For All, Inc....The Goodman Group promoted Regional Director of Operations Matthew Kern to national director of operations.
- Innophos Holdings, Inc. named Amy Hartzell vice president of supply chain and purchasing. She previously was global director of Dow Chemical Co.’s Corporate Supply Chain Center of Excellence....Eisai Co., Ltd., appointed Avinash Desai, M.D., vice president of Americas oncology medical affairs in its oncology business group of Eisai Inc. He most recently was global medical affairs leader in oncology for Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc....Natural Partners, Inc. named President Fran Towey CEO, succeeding Tye Smith, who is continuing as chairman of the board....Kathleen Gogas, Ph.D., joined Symic as vice president of preclinical development. She previously was senior director of preclinical pharmacology at Nektar Therapeutics.
- The Goodman Group promoted Chief Operating Officer Craig Edinger to CEO. He succeeds John Goodman, who passed away in March....Abundant Venture Partners appointed David Strand operating partner. He most recently was cofounder and CEO of ExperiaHealth, now a unit of Vocera....Emerson Ecologics, LLC named Adam Carr president and CEO. He previously was president and CEO at Tribe Foods....John McKew, Ph.D., joined Lumos Pharma, Inc. as chief scientific officer. He most recently was vice president of research for aTyr Pharma.
- KemPharm, Inc. named Daniel Cohen executive vice president of government and public relations and Rene Braeckman, Ph.D., vice president of clinical development. Cohen previously was consulting head of North American government relations for Grunenthal USA, and Braeckman was vice president of clinical development for Amarin Pharma, Inc....Melinta Therapeutics appointed Interim CEO Eugene Sun, M.D., permanent CEO and member of the board....CompleteRx appointed Justin Sotomayor pharmacy informatics director. He previously was an independent consultant to the company....Josh Golden joined Solid Benefit Guidance as area senior vice president. He previously was a practice leader in employer consulting for Pharmaceutical Strategies Group LLC.
- Biocom named Dina Lozofsky executive director of its new Los Angeles office. She previously was associate director for licensing and business development at the University of California, Santa Barbara Office of Technology and Industry Alliances....Bayer Corp. appointed Paul Capelli vice president of communication for Bayer Consumer Health. He most recently managed communications for QVC....John Carlson joined Flex as president of Flex Medical Solutions. He previously was vice president of innovation for Johnson & Johnson....EmployerDirect Healthcare named Thomas McInerney, Jr., chief operating officer and member of the board. He previously managed operations for Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Darren Ghanayem senior vice president and chief information officer, and Lauralie Rubel president of its Nebraska business. Ghanayem previously was vice president of business transformation for Anthem, Inc., and Rubel was president of WellCare in Iowa....Robert Coulton, Jr., joined AMGA Consulting as vice president. He most recently was executive director of professional staff affairs at the Cleveland Clinic....HealthNow New York Inc. promoted Executive Director and Chief Actuary Gerry Klopfer to vice president and chief actuary.
- Haemonetics Corp. Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President of Business Development Christopher Lindop is retiring on May 27. The company is searching for a successor....Ella Health named Danielle Wallace director of physician and community relations. She previously was marketing manager for RMA Jefferson and RMA Central Pennsylvania at PinnacleHealth....Candescent Health appointed Tony Lenox vice president of client service operations. He most recently was vice president of worldwide customer support at Imprivata....MabVax Therapeutics named Paul Resnick, M.D., M.B.A., vice president and chief business officer. He previously was senior vice president for Juventas Therapeutics.
- LHC Group promoted Executive Vice President of Corporate Development and General Counsel Joshua Proffitt to executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer....Motif Bio plc named Pete Meyers chief financial officer and Rajesh Shukla, Ph.D., vice president of clinical operations. Meyers previously was chief financial officer and treasurer at TetraLogic Pharmaceuticals Corp. and Shukla was senior medical director of clinical development and medical affairs at ACORDA Therapeutics....Tricia McVeigh joined Burnham Benefits Insurance Services as senior account manager. She most recently was a senior analyst at Benefits Exchange Alliance.
- BTIG, LLC named Mark Secrest managing director in its health care investment banking group. He previously was managing director and head of medical device mergers and acquisitions in the health care investment banking unit at Stifel....Elekta appointed Richard Hausmann president and CEO. He previously was president and CEO of GE’s magnetic resonance division....Lumos Pharma, Inc. named David Weiner, M.D., chief medical officer. He most recently held the same title at aTyr Pharma, Inc....Piramal Enterprises Ltd. named Jonathan Sandler CEO of Decision Resources Group. He previously was founding CEO of Kessler International, a unit of the Kessler Group.
- BeiGene, Ltd. appointed Eric Hedrick, M.D., interim chief medical officer. He previously was a clinical advisor for the company....Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute named Ed Sauter, M.D., Ph.D., director of breast surgery. He most recently was director of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler Cancer Treatment and Prevention Center....Sequenom, Inc. appointed Glenn Magnuson vice president of sales. He previously was vice president of sales for T2 Biosystems.
- CareMore Health System promoted Chief Medical Officer Sachin Jain, M.D., M.B.A., to president, succeeding Leeba Lessin, who retired....Eisai Co., Ltd. named Beyhan Zaim vice president of commercial development and Alzheimer’s disease for Eisai Inc....Streamline Health Solutions, Inc. appointed Shaun Priest senior vice president and chief growth officer. He most recently was senior vice president of strategic accounts and business development at Influence Health....VirMedica named Philip Lee president and CEO. He previously held the same title at PHT Corp.
- PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named John Lee, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer and John Sharp chief financial officer. Lee previously was vice president and global head of the Quintiles Cardiovascular Center for Excellence, and Sharp was chief financial officer at HUYA Biosciences International....Paul Hanchin joined Nuvectra Corp. as president. He most recently was executive vice president of Flowonix Medical, Inc....Tris Pharma, Inc. appointed Sharon Clarke chief commercial officer. She previously was head of commercial operations at Kaleo Inc.
- Astellas named Joseph Fleishaker vice president of clinical pharmacology and exploratory development. He previously was vice president and global therapeutic head of neuroscience for the company....McDermott Will & Emery promoted Partners Vernessa Pollard and Veleka Peeples-Dyer to co-leaders of its FDA practice....Eisai Inc. appointed Paul Hawthorne senior vice president of U.S. commercial in neurology. He most recently was vice president of sales at Sanofi....Kevin Herde joined Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. as executive vice president and chief financial officer. He previously was vice president of global blood screening and alliance management for Hologic, Inc.
- Gorman Health Group appointed David Sayen senior vice president of client relations. He previously was a regional administrator at CMS....Nova Medical Centers named Terri O’Neil regional vice president of network and payor relations. She most recently worked in sales and implementation for WellComp Managed Care Services, a unit of York Risk Services Group....Joe Hammer joined Dohmen as chief development officer. He previously was managing director of life science finance for GE Capital....AMAG Pharmaceuticals named Edward Myles chief financial officer. He previously held the same title at Ocata Therapeutics, Inc.
- Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Anthony Hurley vice president of global commercial manufacturing and operations. He previously was vice president of global external manufacturing in biologics for Genentech....Integro Insurance Brokers named Regina Johnson senior vice president. She most recently was risk program manager for the Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group....Harsh Trivedi, M.D., M.B.A., joined Sheppard Pratt Health System as president and CEO, effective in July. He currently is CEO of Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital....The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) appointed Robert Shipp III vice president of population health strategies. He previously was director of quality care and delivery at River Health ACO.
- BioLife Solutions named Karen Foster vice president of operations. She previously was vice president of laboratory operations and site leader for ViaCord, LLC....Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Jeffrey Farrow chief financial officer. He most recently held the same title at ZS Pharma, Inc....Meridian Health Plan named Karen Brach president of Meridian Health Plan of Illinois. She previously was vice president of Medicaid for Health Care Service Corp. unit Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois....Centene Corp. appointed Mark Brooks chief information officer. He most recently held the same title at Health Net, Inc., now a unit of Centene.
- On Lok promoted On Lok Lifeways Chief Operating Officer Grace Li to CEO....Optimus Outcome appointed Keiko Ikeda speech and language therapy supervisor. She previously was associate director of therapies for Easter Seals Bay Area....Matrix Medical Network named Michael Ansel chief growth officer. He most recently was executive vice president of business development at BioIQ....Kevin Enterlein joined Alignment Healthcare as president of its Florida market. He previously was president of Aetna Inc. in Florida.
- Independence Blue Cross named Heidi Syropoulos, M.D., medical director of government markets. She previously was lead physician in the Complex Care Program for Cigna Corp. unit Cigna-HealthSpring....Omron Healthcare, Inc. promoted Chief Operating Officer Ranndy Kellogg to president and CEO....Mike Ellis joined Maxor National Pharmacy Services, LLC as CEO. He most recently was corporate vice president for Walgreen Co.
- Medicaid Health Plans of America (MHPA) elected Horizon NJ Health President Erhardt Preitauer chairman of the board....AxisPoint Health named Timothy Moore, M.D., chief medical officer and executive vice president of health affairs. He previously was senior vice president and chief medical officer of WebMD Health Services....Juniper Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Herman Weiss, M.D., M.B.A., vice president of medical affairs and clinical development. He most recently was global medical director of women’s health and bone health for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
- AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Interim CEO Howard Rosen CEO. He previously managed marketing and business development for Gilead Sciences, Inc....DNA Diagnostics Center named Connie Hallquist president and CEO. She most recently was president of Healthy Directions, a unit of Helen of Troy Ltd....Hartford HealthCare appointed Peter Paul Yu, M.D., physician-in-chief of the Hartford Health Cancer Institute. He previously was president of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Humana Inc. promoted Gulf States Medicare operations Medical Director Shelly Gupta, M.D., to regional Medicare medical director for its operations in Louisiana and Mississippi....Anthem, Inc. promoted Regional Vice President of Account Management in the Northeast Region Swati Mathai to vice president of account management in national accounts....AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies named Victoria Sharp, M.D., M.B.A., chief medical officer for AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa. She previously was chief of staff at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan added the role of enterprise chief financial officer to Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Mark Bartlett’s title, and president of Core Health to Executive Vice President for Commercial Business Ken Dallafior’s title….MIB Group, Inc. named Traci Davis vice president of account management and business development. She previously was vice president of underwriting services at EMSI….scPharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Abraham Ceesay chief operating officer and Troy Ignelzi chief financial officer. Ceesay most recently was vice president of sales, marketing and commercial operations at Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, and Ignelzi was chief financial officer at Juventas Therapeutics.
- AssistRx, Inc. appointed Andrew Dunning vice president of strategic development. He previously led strategic development at Practice Fusion....Iggbo named Scott Mainwaring head of customer care. He most recently was program vice president of the Affordable Care Act and Medicare call centers for General Dynamics Information Technology....Medical Facilities Corp. appointed Britt Reynolds CEO. He previously was president of hospital operations at Tenet Healthcare Corp.
- Sovereign Health Group appointed Kevin Gallagher chief financial officer. He previously was treasurer and division chief financial officer for Nestle USA....Amy Finan joined the Sabin Vaccine Institute as CEO, effective April 18. She currently is senior vice president of business development with the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)....Bioclinica, Inc. named Steven Herne chief commercial officer and Francois Audibert vice president for global consulting of eHealth Solutions. Herne previously was chief commercial officer at ERT, and Audibert was vice president of pharmacovigilance at HighPoint Solutions.
- Halt Medical named Kim Bridges CEO and member of the board. She most recently was senior vice president of vascular intervention business at Spectranetics....Mirati Therapeutics promoted Vice President of Finance Jamie Donadio to senior vice president and chief financial officer....Tunitas Therapeutics, Inc. appointed David King, Ph.D., senior vice president of research. He previously was chief scientific officer at AnaptysBio.
- The International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists (IACP) named John Voliva executive vice president. He previously worked in public affairs for PCCA....The Alliance for Health Reform promoted Vice Presidents for Policy Sarah Dash and Marilyn Serafini to co-presidents and CEOs....Mirati Therapeutics promoted Vice President of Finance Jamie Donadio to senior vice president and chief financial officer.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. CEO J. Michael Pearson is stepping down. He will continue as CEO until a replacement is found....Innophos Holdings, Inc. Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary William Farran has left the company. Innophos is searching for a successor....Definiti Comp Solutions promoted Chief Operating Officer Amaro Ngo to president in addition to his current role.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey named Kevin Conlin executive vice president and chief operating officer. He previously was executive vice president of Coventry Healthcare....Kaiser Permanente appointed Roland Lyon president of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado. He most recently was vice president of strategy, market expansion and network operations for Kaiser Permanente Colorado....Gerry McRae joined HelpMeSee as chief operating officer. He previously was executive director of business development for FlightSafety International.
- TwinLab Consolidated Holdings, Inc. appointed Naomi Whittel CEO. She previously was CEO and founder of Organic Holdings, which TwinLab acquired in October 2015....Long Beach Memorial named Maged Tanios, M.D., chief of staff. He most recently was the health system’s medical director of intensive care and program director of the pulmonary and critical care medicine training program....Vivex Biomedical, Inc. appointed Dave Fronk vice president of quality systems for UMTB Biomedical, Inc. He previously led regulatory, quality and clinical research for CryoLife, Inc.
- Matrix Medical Network appointed Mark Schonau chief financial officer. He previously held the same title at AFS Technologies Inc....Healionics Corp. named Mike Connolly CEO. He most recently was CEO of Mirabilis Medica....Lorann Morse joined ClinPlan as director of client services. She previously was senior vice president of Clinigen CTS.
- Oscar Health appointed Alan Warren senior vice president and chief technology officer. He previously was vice president of engineering at Google....Sound Pharmaceuticals named Paul Rickey chief financial officer. He most recently was vice president of finance and administration of Immune Design Corp....Insulet Corp. appointed Aiman Abdel-Malek, Ph.D., senior vice president of advanced technology and engineering. He previously was president of Frictionless Life Analytics, Inc.
- Bantam Pharmaceutical, LLC appointed Michael Luther, Ph.D., president and CEO. He previously was senior vice president and general manager of discovery and development services for Albany Molecular Research....AMPAC Fine Chemicals promoted Executive Director of Process Engineering Joe Campbell to vice president of operations and engineering and Associate Director of Operations Frank Mueller to director of lean enterprise and operational excellence....The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health named Meghna Patel, M.H.A., director of the Prescription Drug Monitoring Office. She previously was program manager of the revenue management special projects office at Geisinger Health System.
- Accolade appointed Mark Green head of diversity and inclusion. He previously helped lead diversity programs at AbbVie Inc....ClearDATA named Javad Kabiri senior vice president of customer success. He most recently managed cloud support at Rackspace....McCann Health promoted President, Europe, Middle East & Africa Michel Nakache to president of its global clients unit....Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Anne-Marie Duliege, M.D., M.S., chief medical officer. She previously was chief of strategic development and head of immune-oncology at ChemoCentryx, Inc.
- Accera, Inc. appointed Ernest Wong, Ph.D., M.B.A., vice president of corporate development. He previously was vice president and head of business development for Piramal Imaging....Immunome named Michael Morin, Ph.D., president and chief scientific officer. He previously was vice president of global research and immunology at Pfizer....Memorial Hermann Health System appointed Benjamin Chou, M.D., president and CEO effective in June. He currently is executive vice president of Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Health Plan, Inc.
- CareSource appointed Katherine Wentworth vice president of business development and integration. She previously was interim president and CEO as well as chief operating officer for MDWise....Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company appointed William Guptail senior vice president of payor relations. He previously was west region president of complex care management for OptumCare....Avantas promoted Senior Vice President of Client Services Jackie Larson to president.
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) appointed Biogen CEO George Scangos chairman of the board. He succeeds Merck & Co. CEO Kenneth Frazier....Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Senior Clinical Fellow James Pennington, M.D., interim chief medical officer....Astellas promoted Astellas US Vice President of Government Affairs Martin Golden to senior vice president and head of marketing strategy.
- HealthNow New York Inc. appointed Mark SantaCroce vice president of sales at HealthNow Administrative Services, as well as Deborah Bowers and Kevin Rowland regional sales directors of the unit. SantaCroce previously was vice president of sales in managed care at Catamaran Corp., Bowers was vice president of sales at Emerson Reid and Rowland was sales manager at Chinese Community Health Plan....Paragon Bioservices, Inc. named William Thomas, Jr., Ph.D., chief technology officer. He most recently was deputy director of MassBiologics at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
- Arvinas LLC named Angela Shen, M.D., M.B.A., chief medical officer. She previously was a global clinical program head for Novartis Oncology, a division of Novartis AG....Arash Khazei joined Envy Medical, Inc. as CEO. He most recently was senior vice president at L’Oreal....Redwood Scientific Technologies, Inc. named M. Salah Zaki, M.D., chief medical officer. He previously was president and CEO of International Medical Consultants.
- IsoRay, Inc. appointed Michael Krachon vice president of sales and marketing, and Lori Woods senior marketing consultant. Krachon previously led the brachytherapy commercial team at C.R. Bard Inc., and Woods was principal and cofounder of Medvio LLC....Dynatronics Corp. named Thomas Gephart senior vice president of sales. He most recently was director of sales and marketing for Gebauer Corp....hCentive appointed Derrick Cobey chief product officer. He previously was chief technology officer for Mediware’s human and social services division.
- Baylor Scott & White Health President and CEO Joel Allison transitioned to senior advisor to the chairman of the board. The company is searching for a successor….Eliza Corp. named Ellen Harrison, M.B.A., senior vice president of market strategy and consulting. She previously was vice president of medical management for Martin’s Point Health Care….Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota appointed Peter Wickersham vice president of health services operations. He most recently was senior vice president and general manager of pharmacy and clinical solutions.
- Astellas promoted Vice President of Legal Catherine Wertjes to head of ethics and compliance, and Vice President of Risk Management and Chief Counsel Litigation Catherine Levitt to Wertjes’ former position....The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.) promoted Director of Membership and Marketing Colleen Harper to chief operating officer....Medela, Inc. promoted Vice President of Sales and Channel Management for Human Milk Melissa Gonzalez to managing director of Medela USA.
- Orbis named John Robert Ranck president and CEO. He previously was senior vice president of government programs and sales at Gulfstream Aerospace....Tersus Life Sciences LLC appointed Tina Sampalis, M.D., Ph.D., chief scientific officer. She most recently held the same title at Neptune Technologies and Bioresources....Stephen Cartt joined Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. as president and CEO. He previously was a member of the board for Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals....OncoSec Medical Inc. named Sharron Gargosky, Ph.D., head of clinical development and operations. She previously was chief technical and operations officer at Prima Biomed, Ltd.
- Catalyst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Brian Elsbernd senior vice president of legal and compliance. He previously was senior director of U.S. health care compliance at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals....Divurgent appointed Bert Reese vice president of portfolio management and innovation. He most recently was senior vice president and chief information officer for Sentara....Fortus Healthcare Resources promoted Vice President of Sales Jeremy Enck to president and CEO.
- Centene Corp. named Angela Perry, M.D., vice president of medical affairs and chief medical director of IlliniCare Health. She previously was medical director in the Illinois division of eQHealth Solutions....Metamark Genetics, Inc. promoted Chief Commercial Officer Jerry Williamson to president, CEO and director....Geisinger Health System promoted xG Health Solutions Senior Vice President of EHR Application Development Mike Bertrand to chief technology officer of the unit.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) President and CEO J. Donald Schumacher is retiring at the end of the year. NHPCO did not name a successor....The Senate confirmed Robert Califf, M.D., as commissioner of the FDA. He previously was deputy commissioner for medical products and tobacco at the agency....David Moroney joined BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (BCBST) as medical director of provider network innovations. He most recently was chief medical officer of BlueCare Tennessee, a BCBST subsidiary.
- The Joint Corp. named Donna Smith vice president of marketing and franchise marketing support. She previously was vice president of marketing at Tasti D-Lite & Planet Smoothie, now a unit of Kahala Brands....Mike Lundberg joined Spreemo as chief sales and marketing officer. He most recently held the same title at StrataCare, a unit of Xerox Corp....Seton Hall University and Hackensack University Health Network appointed Bonita Stanton, M.D., founding dean of their new joint school of medicine, set to open in 2018. She currently is vice dean of research for Wayne State University School of Medicine.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey appointed Robert Franzoi vice president of health care delivery. He most recently led value-based programs for Aetna Inc....Advanzeon Solutions, Inc. named Stephen Kreitzer, M.D., chief medical director of Pharmacy Value Management Solutions, Inc.’s SleepMaster Solutions program. He currently is medical director of the Sleep Laboratory at Memorial Hospital in Tampa....Leland Gershell, M.D., Ph.D., joined Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. as chief financial officer. He previously held the same position with Tonix Pharmaceuticals.
- The Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) appointed Scott Whitaker president and CEO. He previously was chief operating officer at the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)....Addus HomeCare Corp. named James “Zeke” Zoccoli chief information officer. He most recently was senior vice president and chief information officer for Heart to Heart Hospice....Scott Meyers joined Vertice Pharma as chief operating officer. He previously was vice president and general manager of dermatology for Fougera Inc., a division of Novartis.
- Sean Conlon joined Bank of the West’s Commercial Banking Group as managing director and head of its new health care initiative. Conlon previously was managing director and head of health care finance for MUFG Union Bank....The California Integrated Data Exchange (Cal INDEX) named Gerald Peters general counsel. He most recently was chair of the health care and life sciences practice group at Latham & Watkins....Blue Cross of Idaho appointed Charlene Maher CEO. She previously was chief marketing officer and senior vice president for commercial sales at Emblem Health.
- Neuralstem, Inc. appointed Richard Daly president and CEO. Daly most recently was managing director of Ravine Rock Partners, LLC....Carmell Therapeutics named Randy Hubbell president and CEO. He previously was chief commercial officer at Cardiva Medical....The Goodman Group promoted Controller Clint Knacke to chief financial officer....Tammy Fischer joined McCann Health as executive vice president and chief growth officer. She previously was president of GSW Worldwide New York.
- 22otters appointed Trent Sterling president and CEO. He most recently was CEO of StayWell....MRIGlobal named Steve Phillips vice president of sales and marketing. He previously led sales at Grifols, Inc....RxWiki, Inc. appointed Christopher Loughlin CEO and a member of the board. He most recently was CEO of Travelzoo Inc.
- Peak Health Solutions named Mary Bessinger, M.B.A., vice president of health information management operations. She previously was vice president of health information management for LHP Hospital Group....Therapeutic Proteins International appointed Michael Washabaugh, Ph.D., chief scientific officer. He most recently managed late stage clinical vaccine development at AstraZeneca....New Directions Behavioral Health President and CEO John Quick, Ph.D., is retiring at the end of the year. A successor has not been named.
- Carolinas HealthCare System appointed Eugene Woods president and CEO, effective April 28. He currently is president and chief operating officer of CHRISTUS Health....AssureCare named Yousuf Ahmad, Dr.P.H., CEO. He previously was market president and CEO of Mercy Health....The Inova Dwight and Martha Schar Cancer Institute appointed Joan Schiller, M.D., deputy director of clinical investigation. She most recently was division chief of hematology/oncology at the University of Texas-Southwestern Medical Center....Michael Ruiz joined UCare as vice president of provider relations and contracting. He previously was vice president of Medicare market performance for UnitedHealthcare under UnitedHealth Group.
- The Joint Commission named Ronald Wyatt, M.D., patient safety officer. He will continue in his capacity as the organization’s medical director in its division of health care improvement....Capital BlueCross appointed Chris Davis vice president of ancillary services. He most recently was vice president of sales and service at Dominion Dental Services....St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital named Pat Keel chief financial officer. She previously was chief financial officer and senior vice president at University Health System.
- Amplyx Pharmaceuticals named Michael Hodges, M.D., chief medical officer and Karen Shaw, Ph.D., vice president of biology. Hodges previously was development team leader of Vfend at Pfizer Inc., and Shaw was a consultant at Hearts Consulting Group....PhaseRx, Inc. promoted Vice President of Therapeutics Development Michael Houston, Ph.D., to chief scientific officer and appointed Helen Tsui vice president of finance. Tsui most recently was vice president and corporate controller for Dendreon Corp....Treato named Greg Gallo chief commercial officer. He previously held the same title at Activate Networks, now a unit of Decision Resources Group.
- Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc. appointed John Yee, M.D., M.P.H., vice president, head of medical affairs, safety and operations. He previously was vice president, head of medical affairs, U.S. diabetes and vice president, U.S. head medical officer for AstraZeneca....Athenex, Inc. named Simon Pedder, Ph.D., vice president of corporate strategy and business development. He previously was president and CEO of Cellectar Biosciences....Jason Haddock joined BERG as chief financial officer and chief operating officer. He most recently was head of finance for worldwide commercialization and worldwide medical at Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Vestagen Technical Textiles, Inc. named Bill Bold CEO. Bold previously was president and CEO of Vascular Pathways....Eric Setzer joined Avista Pharma Solutions as chief financial officer. He most recently was executive director of finance at INC Research....LHC Group, Inc. appointed Sarah Myers vice president of government affairs. She previously was executive director of the Oregon Association for Home Care....Dune Medical Devices named Lori Chmura president of Dune Inc. She previously was U.S. vice president of Cordis, a division of Johnson & Johnson.
- The George Washington University named Kevin Pelphrey inaugural director of the Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute. He most recently was director of Yale University’s Center for Translational Developmental Neuroscience....Sam Nussbaum, M.D., joined Epstein Becker Green as strategic consultant for EBG Advisors, Inc. He previously was executive vice president of BJC HealthCare....Astellas Pharma Inc. promoted Astellas Pharma US President James Robinson to president of Americas operations for Astellas US LLC.
- Healthcare Realty Trust promoted Senior Vice President J. Christopher Douglas to executive vice president and chief financial officer, effective March 1....Vocera Communications, Inc. named Kathy Doub English vice president of marketing. She previously was global senior director of industries and services marketing communications for Cisco Systems....Mark Folk joined Broad and Cassel as partner. He most recently worked for Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP.
- Deltanoid Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Douglas Jermasek CEO. He previously was senior vice president and general manager of Genzyme/Sanofi’s global renal business....Senior Lifestyle named Lisa Fordyce chief operating officer. She most recently was vice president of operations for Emeritus Senior Living....Jason Grinstead joined Health Integrated as chief financial officer. He previously was CEO at Care at Home, Inc....Gateway Health appointed Anita Edwards, M.D., M.B.A., medical director. She has been a past president of Gateway Medical Society.
- Apollo Medical Holdings, Inc. named Shawn Burns senior vice president of physician services. He most recently was executive vice president of physician services for Sound Physicians....Coherus BioSciences, Inc. appointed Jim Daly executive chairman of its commercial advisory committee. He previously was executive vice president and chief commercial officer of Incyte Corp....ESMO promoted Business Division Senior Director Keith Hanson McGregor, to CEO.
- Ilene Moore joined HealthCare Partners LLC as general counsel. She previously was general counsel at The Permanente Foundation, LLC....Seno Medical Instruments, Inc. named Tom Umbel CEO. He most recently was vice president of business development for Bionventus....Seattle Children’s promoted Interim Chief Information Officer Jeff Brown to senior vice president and chief information officer....BioPharmX Corp. appointed Marie-Louise Bots senior vice president of corporate development. She previously was chief commercial officer for Aon Risk Solutions.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey named Ulises Diaz director of enterprise government affairs, and Michele Jaker and Dominick DiRocco as directors of government affairs. Diaz previously was vice president of government affairs for Verizon New Jersey, Jaker was director of government relations for Anthem, Inc. unit Amerigroup New Jersey and DiRocco was deputy chief of staff for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie....Independence Blue Cross appointed Anthony Coletta, M.D., M.B.A., president of facilitated health networks and executive vice president of Independence. He will continue as president and CEO of Tandigm Health.
- Lighthouse Guild International named Christina Wong chief financial officer and Karen Wish chief marketing officer. Wong previously was chief financial officer for Aetna Better Health of New York, and Wish led marketing for New York Presbyterian Hospital System’s children’s hospitals….Advanzeon Solutions, Inc. appointed Debra Barnett, M.D., medical director. She previously served as a consultant to the company….Orangetheory Fitness named Tim Tanguay chief financial officer and Leslie Daley chief learning officer. Tanguay previously held the same position with Tropical Smoothie Café and Daley was senior vice president of human resources for Gold’s Gym.
- MetaCure appointed Adrian Gilmore CEO. He previously was president of commercial operations for CSP Technologies, Inc....The Health Care Administrators Association named Steve Rasnick vice president. He is president of Self Insured Plans, LLC....Miriam Mobley Smith joined the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) as director of strategic alliances. She most recently was dean and professor at the Chicago State University College of Pharmacy....Innovative Product Achievements, LLC appointed Joseph Gomes president. He previously was senior vice president of operations at MedAssets.
- AccentHealth named Kevin Cohen senior vice president of digital network and Oliver LeDuc vice president of business development. Cohen previously was senior vice president of digital distribution and products at Al Jazeera America, and LeDuc was director of business development at Eliza Corp....TSO3 appointed Harold Tessman chief operating officer. He most recently was managing director and senior consultant for TBM Consulting Group....Raghu Mirmira, M.D., Ph.D., joined Indiana Biosciences Research Institute as research fellow and interim scientific director. He is director of the Indiana University Herman B Wells Center’s Pediatric Diabetes Research Group.