Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- Sharps Compliance Corp. promoted Dennis Halligan to vice president of marketing. He was previously director of marketing....Bone Therapeutics named Guy Heynen, M.D., chief clinical and regulatory officer. He was previously medical director for Pfizer Switzerland, a unit of Pfizer Inc....Stericycle, Inc. appointed Brent Arnold chief operating officer. Arnold was previously executive vice president and president, Stericycle USA/Canada, and succeeds Richard Kogler, who will continue at Stericycle as senior vice president, international.
- Moberg Pharma AB appointed Jeff Vernimb general manager of U.S. operations. Vernimb was previously vice president of sales with Insight Pharmaceuticals....KLOX Technologies Inc. named Todd Martensen chief commercial officer and promoted Vice President Mariano Rodriguez to chief financial officer and senior vice president of corporate development. Martensen was previously vice president of medical sales in the Americas for Leica Microsystems, a unit of Danaher....Juliet Cunningham joined Alere Inc. as vice president of investor relations. She previously managed investor relations at Lytx.
- Breckinridge Pharmaceutical, Inc. promoted Larry Lapila to president. Lapila was previously executive vice president….Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center appointed Gary Gilliland, M.D., Ph.D., president and director. Gilliland most recently served as vice president of precision medicine for the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine….InfoBionic, Inc. appointed Steven Wasserman chief financial officer and William Swavely senior vice president of IT. Wasserman was previously vice president and chief financial officer at AppNeta Inc., and Swavely was vice president of IT and chief information officer for BioTelemetry/CardioNet, Inc.
- Matt Kupec joined HelpMeSee as vice president of development and marketing. Kupec was previously co-founder and executive chairman of Text2Give, Inc....LEO Pharma Inc. appointed Barbara Osborne president and CEO of the U.S. region. She has been president and CEO of Molnlycke Health Care’s U.S. Wound Care Division since 2011....Maetrics named Roland Bydlon global marketing director. Bydlon previously managed EYP Advisors....Anterios, Inc. appointed Fabian Tenenbaum chief financial officer and chief business officer. Tenenbaum was most recently CEO of Iluminage Beauty, a division of Unilever....MELA Sciences, Inc. appointed board member Michael Stewart president and CEO, succeeding Rose Crane, who resigned. Stewart was previously chief operating officer and executive vice president for PhotoMedex.
- Armanino LLP promoted Jeff Russell to manufacturing industries practice leader of high tech and life sciences. Russell was previously consulting director....Intellipharmaceuticals International Inc. named Domenic Della Penna chief financial officer. He was most recently CFO of Teva Canada Limited....Bruce Matter joined AMC Health as senior vice president of sales and client development. Matter was previously sales and practice leader for GE Healthcare North America....BDO USA, LLP appointed Karen Meador, M.D., M.B.A., managing director of The BDO Center for Healthcare Excellence & Innovation. She was previously physician executive at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and Children’s Medical Center of Dallas.
- COR Medical Technologies named Richard Agee president and chief financial officer. He was previously a principal at Stoneworth Financial....Nopras Technologies appointed Stewart Rosenberg director of business development for East Coast operations. He was previously the founder of Bio-Investigations Ltd....Seres Health, Inc. named Eric Shaff chief financial officer. Shaff was most recently vice president of corporate finance at Momenta Pharmaceuticals....Gail Cawkwell, M.D., Ph.D., joined Purdue Pharma LP as vice president of medical affairs. Cawkwell was previously vice president in the medicines development group at Pfizer.
- Mona Ameli joined Medifast, Inc. as president of Take Shape For Life. She was most recently general manager of Belcorp….Pivotal Therapeutics Inc. appointed Eugene Bortoluzzi chief financial officer, succeeding Prakash Gowd. Bortoluzzi held the position previously and is reassuming the role in addition to his current CEO responsibilities….Lipocine Inc. announced the departure of Srinivasan Venkateshwaran, chief technology officer and vice president of research and development, and Gerald Simmons, chief business development officer. The company did not name replacements.
- Highmark Inc. named Jim Eisen CEO of its division HVHC, Inc. Eisen was formerly co-CEO and also serves as president of Highmark subsidiary Visionworks….Richard Randall joined OMNILife science, Inc. as CEO, replacing George Cipolletti, who is continuing with the company as chief technology officer. Randall was previously CEO of Medical Compression Systems….Epic Sciences appointed Toni Wayne vice president of human resources. Wayne was most recently vice president of human resources at Prometheus Laboratories.
- Affinity Health Plan promoted chief financial officer Glenn MacFarlane to president and CEO. MacFarlane succeeds Bert Scott, who is resigning....NorthStar Healthcare Income, Inc. named Ronald Jeanneault president and CEO. He was previously executive vice president and head of asset management of NorthStar Healthcare....VorroHealth appointed Maria Moen vice president of care innovation. She was previously an executive board member of the National Association for the Support of Long Term Care, as well as IT committee vice chair....Bone Biologics Corp. named Deina Walsh chief financial officer. She is the owner and founder of DHW CPA, PLLC.
- The Segal Group appointed Ted Makowiec vice president and health consultant for the Midwest region. He was previously vice president of medical economics for CHE Trinity Health....Cynthia Brinkley joined Centene Corp. as executive vice president of international operations and business integration. Brinkley was most recently vice president of global human resources at General Motors....Toulouse named Christopher Staubly director of U.S. national sales. He was previously principal of Intervent Surgical, LLC.
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia appointed Stephen Hunger, M.D., chief of the Division of Oncology and director of the Center for Childhood Cancer Research. Hunger was previously director of the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children’s Hospital Colorado....Cancer Treatment Centers of America promoted Nancy Hesse to chief nursing officer. She is also senior vice president of patient care services....Sara Rubin joined the National Association of Chain Drug Stores as manager of pharmacy care. She was previously senior program analyst for the National Association of County and City Health Officials....IMG Europe, Ltd appointed James Dwyer sales director. He previously managed business development in Europe and Asia for Globality Health.
- Sanjeev Ahuja, M.D., joined Celtaxsys, Inc. as chief medical officer. He was most recently chief medical officer for On Target Laboratories....InVentiv Health, Inc. named Jeffrey Wilks president of advertising. He was previously head of client services in marketing solutions for eBay Enterprise, Inc., a division of eBay Inc....MiMedx Group, Inc. appointed Christopher Cashman executive vice president and chief commercialization officer. He was most recently president and chief executive officer of SANUWAVE Health.
- Carl Germano has resigned from his post as chief science officer of Inergetics, Inc., but will continue working with the company’s advisory board. Inergetics did not name a successor....Nitin Deshpande joined Pharmavite LLC as chief financial officer. He was previously senior vice president of finance at Elizabeth Arden, Inc....IlliniCare Health, a division of Centene Corp., appointed Michael Marrah chief operations officer and Angela Haggard vice president of product development. Marrah was previously vice president of operations for Centene’s Home State Health Plan, and Haggard was the system service line vice president for Medicaid and community health strategy at Presence Health.
- Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., a division of Ipsen, appointed Donald Pearl vice president of neurology. He was previously vice president of international sales and marketing for SkinMedica, a division of Allergan, Inc....The Mount Sinai Health System named Sandra Myerson, M.B.A., senior vice president and chief patient experience officer. She was previously director of clinical and operational consulting and managing consultant for Press Ganey.
- Publicis Healthcare Communications Group promoted Rick Keefer to global chief business development officer. He was previously president and CEO of Publicis Touchpoint Solutions. Chief Operating Officer Michelle Keefe will fill Keefer’s shoes....Nexus Informatics appointed Sandy Robinson executive vice president. She was previously senior vice president at Avalere Health....TeamHealth Holdings, Inc. named Kevin Klauer, D.O., chief medical officer of emergency medicine. He was most recently chief medical officer at Emergency Medicine Physicians, Ltd.
- Stuart Archer joined Oceans Healthcare as CEO. Archer was previously chief operations officer of LifeCare Hospitals....Medifast, Inc. appointed Kenneth Kopp vice president of Medifast Direct. Kopp was most recently founder and vice president of marketing for Matrix Media Consulting....aTyr Pharma named Fred Ramsdell, Ph.D., vice president of immunobiology. He previously helped establish immunobiology research strategy for both Darwin Molecular and NovoNordisk....The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention appointed Kelly Willis, M.B.A., senior vice president of global public health. Willis was previously executive director of Accordia Global Health Foundation.
- Pharmacy Systems Inc. promoted Michael McCarrell to president, succeeding Stuart Bishop, who will continue on as chairman. McCarrell was previously executive vice president and chief operating officer....CTG named Filip Gyde interim executive vice president of operations. He was previously senior vice president and general manager of CTG Europe. The company also appointed John Laubacker interim chief financial officer. He was previously treasurer....Human Longevity, Inc. named Barry Merriman, Ph.D., vice president of global technology assessment and Paul Mola, M.S., head of global solutions. Merriman was most recently lead system architect for advanced DNA sequencing technology for Life Technologies, now a subsidiary of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., and Mola was previously head of strategy and chief of staff in the genetic systems division for Life Technologies.
- Mapi appointed Charles Makin vice president of health economics and outcomes research and strategic market access. Makin was previously head of observational outcomes research for the Americas and principal of health economics and outcomes research at IMS Health....EnteroMedics Inc. named Brad Hancock chief commercial officer. Hancock was most recently vice president of sales and marketing at Flowonix Medical....ABIVAX appointed Karl Birthistle, M.D., vice president of global regulatory affairs and Daniel Kenny chief commercial officer and vice president of business development. Birthistle was most recently deputy head of the division clinical review and Kenny was previously global franchise head at Baxter Vaccines.
- SeeChange Health appointed Bryce Williams president and CEO. Williams was previously managing director of Tower Watsons’s Exchange Solutions business unit....Rex Holloway rejoined Hammes Co. as regional vice president. He was most recently alliance director for CBRE....Kineticos named James Forte managing director. He was most recently vice president and head of marketing for inVentiv Health....Renaissance RX appointed Thierry Amat vice president and chief financial officer. Amat was previously senior vice president and chief financial officer for Remedi SeniorCare.
- Loxo Oncology, Inc. promoted Jennifer Low, M.D., Ph.D., to chief medical officer. She will continue to serve in her current role of executive vice president of research and development....Valerie Palmieri joined Vermillion, Inc. as chief operating officer. She was previously president of MOMENTUM Consulting....Alere Inc. named Namal Nawana president and CEO. Nawana was previously chief operating officer, and was appointed interim president and CEO in July....The Journal of Urology appointed Joseph Smith, M.D., editor. Smith is currently chairman of the Dept. of Urologic Surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- Clarus Ventures, LLC appointed Barry Gertz, M.D., Ph.D., venture partner, as well as chief medical advisor for Relay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Gertz was previously senior vice president of global clinical development at Merck....Steven Strobel joined Hill-Rom as senior vice president and chief financial officer. He was previously chief financial officer at BlueStar Energy....RenovoRx named Shaun Bagai CEO. Bagai was most recently in charge of global market development for HeartFlow, Inc....Experian promoted Scott Bagwell to president of Experian Health. He was previously vice president of sales and marketing at Experian Health and of Passport Health Communications.
- Elite Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Kenneth Smith, J.D., M.B.A., vice president of legal, Jason LePree, Ph.D., vice president of scientific affairs and Sophy Abraham, Ph.D., head of regulatory affairs. Smith was previously chief intellectual property counsel for Alpharma, Inc., LePree was previously principal scientist of formulations research and development for Capsugel and Abraham was previously senior regulatory associate at Teva Pharmaceuticals....Regenesis Biomedical Inc. appointed Mark Davis vice president of clinical research and regulatory affairs. Davis has 30 years’ experience in pharmaceuticals, biotech and medical devices.
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) appointed Christina Stow vice president of communications. Stow was co-practice lead of corporate communications and issues management at APCO Worldwide....Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Peter Kiener chief scientific officer, Matthias Alder executive vice president of business development and licensing and Steven Caffe, M.D., senior vice president of regulatory affairs. Kiener was previously chief scientific officer of Ambrx Inc., Alder was previously executive vice president of corporate development and legal affairs and corporate secretary for Cytos Biotechnology AG and Caffe was previously senior vice president and chief development and regulatory officer at AMAG Pharmaceuticals Inc....Matrix Medical Network, recently acquired by Providence Service Corp., promoted Walter Cooper to CEO. He was previously chief operating officer.
- UCare appointed Julie Feirtag customer services director. She was previously vice president, enterprise operations at Allianz Life Insurance Co. of North America. UCare also named Dale Nasby behavioral health director and Gary Sikma project management office director. Nasby was most recently director of health services at Mayo Clinic Health at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Sikma was previously project management office director at the Good Samaritan Society....The National Community Pharmacists Association appointed John Sherrer president. He co-owns Kenmar Pharmacy and Poole’s Pharmacy in Marietta, Ga....John McKew, Ph.D., joined aTyr Pharma as vice president of research. He was previously acting scientific director of the Division of Preclinical Innovation at the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences.
- Apollo Medical Holdings, Inc. appointed David Badour senior vice president of business development. He was most recently regional sales director for CompleteRx....Otonomy, Inc. named Anthony Yost chief commercial officer. He was previously chief commercial officer for Prometheus Laboratories and EKR Therapeutics....Kim Roherty joined CareSource as vice president of quality and performance outcomes. She was previously in charge of health plan best practices, outcome management and business intelligence for Hewlett Packard.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey appointed Minal Patel, M.D., senior vice president and chief strategy officer. Patel was most recently executive vice president of iHealth Technologies....PruittHealth named Daniel Wyman, M.D., chief medical officer. He was previously air combat command chief medical officer and command surgeon for the U.S. Air Force....Medbox, Inc. appointed Doug Mitchell chief financial officer. He was previously CFO for Chicago Pizza & Brewery, now known as BJ’s Restaurants, Inc....Michael Giske joined Epic Sciences as chief information officer. He was most recently director of IT strategy and architecture at Oracle Corp.
- HealthNow New York Inc. promoted Jared Gross to senior vice president, enterprise initiatives and analytics. Gross has been with the company since 2009....The American Association of Nurse Practitioners elected Cindy Cooke, D.N.P, F.N.P-C., president for the 2015 term, starting in June. She is a family nurse practitioner at the family care clinic at Fox Army Health Center....The Jean Tweed Center promoted Lucy Hume to executive director. She succeeds Nancy Bradley, who is retiring....Advaxis, Inc. appointed David Mauro, M.D., Ph.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer. He was previously executive director, section head oncology clinical development at Merck & Co.
- The American Academy of Actuaries appointed Tom Wildsmith president for the 2015-2016 term. Wildsmith, who was previously vice president, is senior public policy manager for Aetna, Inc. and succeeds Mary Miller....Alameda Health System named Bonnie Panlasigui chief administrative officer for Alameda Hospital. She was previously chief operating officer of Lutheran Health Network’s Dupont Hospital....Thomas Smith, M.D., joined Ameritox as chief medical officer. He was previously chief medical officer for Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals....ForSight VISION5 named Lisa Garrett vice president of finance and administration. She was previously chief financial officer and vice president of human resources for Corventis, Inc., which was recently acquired by Medtronic.
- The National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) appointed Marvin Richardson, R.Ph., CEO of Mirixa Corp. Mirixa, founded by NCPA, provides targeted patient care services via the nation's largest pharmacy-based patient care network. Richardson was previously in the specialty division at Walgreen Co....Commonwealth Care of Roanoke named Stan Huffman chief financial officer. He was previously CEO of a nonprofit senior housing and nursing provider....CTG Chairman and CEO James Boldt passed away Oct. 13. Chief financial officer Brendan Harrington is serving as interim CEO....Premera Blue Cross promoted John Espinola, M.D., M.B.A., to executive vice president of health care services. He was previously vice president for quality, medical management and provider engagement.
- Delphinus Medical Technologies, Inc. named Chris Sanders vice president of engineering. He was previously director of ultrasound research and development at Toshiba Medical Research Institute....ERT appointed Ron Sullivan executive vice president and product line executive for electronic Clinical Outcome Assessments (eCOA). Sullivan was previously global vice president of product development and portfolio management at GE Healthcare Surgery....The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) named Lucia Savage chief privacy officer. She was previously senior associate general counsel at UnitedHealthcare, a division of UnitedHealth Group, and replaces Joy Pritts....The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia appointed Matthew Cook executive vice president of strategic planning and business development. He was previously principal with the Chartis Group’s management consulting practice.
- Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota appointed Robert Bonar Jr. CEO, effective in late November. Bonar currently is CEO of Seton Family of Hospitals and Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas. Seton Family of Hospitals North Group President Michelle Robertson has been named acting president of the hospital division....Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. named Caroline Corner, Ph.D., managing director of health care equity research, and Daniel Brims, Ph.D., vice president. Corner previously worked in investor relations for Solazyme, Inc., and Brims was most recently senior research analyst at Brean Capital, LLC....DaVita Kidney Care, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., appointed Lorne Holland, M.D., M.B.A., chief laboratory officer. She was previously medical director for the west region of Quest Diagnostics.
- IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. appointed Kelli Newman general counsel and corporate secretary. She previously served as general counsel and chief administrative officer of Reachout Healthcare America....Hearst Corp. named Charles Tuchinda, M.D., president of First Databank. Tuchinda was previously vice president of business development and product strategy at Eclipsys (now Allscripts)....Sallie Graves joined MagMutual Insurance Co. as senior vice president, chief information officer. She was most recently global senior IT director for strategic governance and enterprise solutions with The Coca-Cola Co.
- Julie Judge joined Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. in the new role of chief experience officer. She was most recently senior vice president of human resources at Erickson Living....Jackson Healthcare appointed Jonathan Ward vice president of corporate development. He previously served as president for Cross Country Healthcare....Creekridge Capital named Terri Morse regional sales manager. Morse has nearly 20 years of sales experience....Carol Gallagher joined New Enterprise Associates, Inc. as partner. She is also chairman of Atara Biotherapeutics and AnaptysBio....Vivametrica cofounder Matthew Smuck founded the Stanford Center for Medical Mobile Technology, which he will direct....AngioTech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed John Barr CEO. He previously served as executive vice president and president, global surgical at Bausch + Lomb.
- New Century Health appointed Andrew Hertler, M.D., chief medical officer. He previously served as medical director for physician practices at Maine General Medical Center....Myriad Genetics, Inc. named R. Bryan Riggsbee executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. Riggsbee was previously senior vice president of corporate finance at Laboratory Corp. of America Holdings....RxTrials appointed Adam Chasse president. He was previously chief operating officer....Global Advances in Health and Medicine appointed Mary Jo Kreitzer, Ph.D., and Robert Saper, M.D., co-editors-in-chief. Kreitzer is the founder and director of the Center for Spirituality & Healing at the University of Minnesota. Saper is the director of The Program for Integrative Medicine and Health Care Disparities at Boston Medical Center and associate professor of family medicine at Boston University.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee appointed Trey White vice president, controller and chief accounting officer. He was previously manager of assurance services for Ernst & Young LLP....SRI International named Michael Page vice president of information technology services and chief information officer. He was most recently senior director of business applications at LSI Corp....Aeterna Zentaris Inc. appointed Philip Theodore senior vice president, chief administrative officer, general counsel and corporate secretary. Theodore previously served as vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary of Zep Inc....West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. named Karen Flynn president of its subsidiary Pharmaceutical Packaging Systems. She was previously the president of the company’s Americas region....The Goodman Group named Alexandra Berg director of transitional care for its subsidiary Able Care Connect. Berg has been a nurse practitioner since 2001....Quantum Health appointed Shannon Skaggs chief operating officer. She was previously vice president of product development....Patty Benjamin joined Pharmacists United for Truth and Transparency (PUTT) as senior advisor on managed care policies. She was previously vice president of managed care at H.D. Smith....vitaTrackr, Inc., named David Ellis and Pat Hezmall co-chief medical officers. Ellis and Hezmall helped organize Urology Associates of North Texas.
- QmedRx named Scott Karolchyk vice president of formulations. He currently serves as president of the New Jersey Academy of Compounding Pharmacists....NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System appointed Karen Westervelt senior vice president and chief operating officer, succeeding Wayne Osten, who is retiring. Westervelt previously served as president and CEO of William F. Ryan Community Health Network....HealthEdge named Steve Sharp chief operating officer. Sharp was most recently managing director of Charles Rivers Development....Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced chief financial officer Cary Claiborne is stepping down to pursue other interests. A replacement has not been named….Apollo Medical Holdings, Inc. appointed Mark Marten vice president of managed care. He previously served as chief operating officer for Prospect Medical Systems....The Diabetes Research Institute Foundation named Barbara Tavrow senior vice president. Tavrow previously ran her own consulting firm, Tavrow|Lund Consulting, LLC....Thoratec Corp. appointed Niamh Pellegrini president, North America. Pellegrini recently held senior positions with Johnson & Johnson subsidiaries LifeScan and Acclarent.
- Bracket appointed Jeff Kinell CEO and member of the board. Kinell was previously CEO of CRI Lifetree....DigiPath, Inc. named cofounder Todd Denkin CEO and president. Denkin will keep his current role as president of DigiPath’s subsidiary National Marijuana News Corp. Outgoing CEO Joe Tanner will continue with the company as a consultant....Portage Pharmaceuticals Ltd, a division of Portage Biotech Inc., hired Christopher Rhodes, Ph.D., and E. Mitchell Seymour, Ph.D., R.A.C., as consultants. Rhodes previously served as chief technology officer at SKS Ocular, LLC. Seymour is currently a researcher at the University of Michigan Medical School....PDL BioPharma, Inc. promoted Danny Hart, deputy general counsel, assistant secretary and corporate counsel, to vice president of business development. Nathan Kryszak, who joins the company from White & Case LLP, is assuming the role of senior counsel.
- Willis Group Holdings appointed Omar Elkhoury human capital practice leader of the Atlantic region for Willis North America. He was previously executive vice president for Willis of Maryland....Generex Biotechnology Corporation named Lakshmi Kotra, Ph.D., consultant to its buccal insulin enhancement project. Kotra is the director at the Center for Molecular Design and Preformulations at University Health Network….Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. appointed David Hagerty, M.D., executive vice president of clinical development. Hagerty previously worked as an independent consultant. Prior to that, he served as senior vice president and chief medical officer at Ardea Biosciences.
- Accelovance, Inc. appointed Joseph Purvis, M.D., vice president of medical affairs, oncology. He was previously with Cell Pathways and AstraZeneca....H.D. Smith named Dmitrey Kuznetsov vice president of generic pharmaceuticals. He was previously vice president of generic pharmaceuticals sourcing....Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Armando Anido chairman and CEO. Anido was previously CEO of NuPathe. The company also appointed Terri Sebree president. She previously served as president of NuPathe.
- TransforMED, a subsidiary of the American Academy of Family Physicians, named Russell Kohl, M.D., chief medical officer. He was previously medical director of innovation at TransforMED’s Centers of Excellence....The Burchfield Group, Inc. appointed Craig Caldwell national account executive. He previously worked at Remedy Rx....ICF International named John Guda senior vice president and general manager of commercial health care business. Guda was most recently president of global delivery and chief technology officer at First Consulting Group, Inc....Premier, Inc. named Bimal Shah, M.D., M.B.A., vice president of Premier Research Services. He previously served as quality improvement director for the Dept. of Medicine at the Duke Clinical Research Center and Duke Heart Center.
- Hill, Chesson & Woody named Jennifer McCurdy client services representative. She was previously in account management at Triad Financial Advisors....The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) appointed Ieva Augstums deputy vice president of communications and public affairs. Augstums previously managed strategic communications campaigns and brand consulting for Purple Strategies, LLC....Henry Ford Health System named Wright L. Lassiter, III, president, effective Dec. 15. He is currently CEO at Alameda Health System. Current CEO Nancy Schlichting will retire in December 2016 as part of a two-year succession plan....Diplomat named Stephen Brown chief information officer. He previously served as CIO for Omnicare.
- Health Care Service Corporation named Robert Imes vice president for health care policy, based in Washington, D.C. He is responsible for supporting HCSC's public policy, legislative affairs and compliance activities. Previously, Imes was the acting associate deputy director for policy and regulations at CMS’s Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, as well as acting director of the agency's oversight group. Prior to that position, he worked in the Washington, D.C., office of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association as a policy director....The New Jersey Hospital Association promoted Neal Eicher to vice president of government relations and policy, leading NJHA's state policy development and advocacy efforts. He joined NJHA in 2008 as a policy analyst and was promoted to director in 2013.
- Biota Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Joseph M. Patti, Ph.D., Phpresident and CEO, as well as a director of the company. Patti replaces Russell H. Plumb, who will assume the role of executive chairman of the board. Patti was previously executive vice president of corporate development and strategy….ClearDATA Networks, Inc. appointed Ryan Witt vice president of growth and innovation. Witt was most recently managing director at Juniper Networks….New Jersey Hospital Association promoted Neal Eicher to vice president of government relations and policy. He was previously director….The Muscular Dystrophy Association named Grace Pavlath, Ph.D., senior vice president. She is also a professor in the Department of Pharmacology at the Emory University School of Medicine.
- CSSi appointed Greg Fleming director of business development. Fleming has 15 years of experience in pharmaceutical and clinical services. The company also named Gemma Groppi senior global project manager. She has 10 years of experience in pharmaceuticals and health care....GlaxoSmithKline plc appointed Philip Hampton to the board of directors. He is currently chairman of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc....Columbia Laboratories, Inc. named George Elston chief financial officer, taking over for Jonathan Lloyd Jones, who is stepping down to pursue other opportunities. Elston was previously senior vice president and CFO at KBI Biopharma....Highland Therapeutics appointed Dr. Floyd Sallee chief medical officer of Ironshore Pharmaceuticals & Development, Inc. He was previously professor of psychiatry and neuroscience at the University of Cincinnati School of Medicine.
- Corporate Synergies named Daniel Kuperstein senior vice president of compliance. Kuperstein was previously an associate in employee benefits and labor and employment with Fox Rothschild LLP....BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee appointed Ralph Woodard treasurer and chief risk officer. He previously served as controller and chief accounting officer....United Allergy Services named Kevin Johnson CEO to succeed Nicholas Hollis, who will be vice chairman of the board. Johnson currently serves on the boards of NeoGenomics, Inc. and ClearPath Diagnostics.
- Edison National Medical appointed Lee Taylor vice president of technology sourcing. He was previously director of technology transfer at Creighton University....Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital named Mark Deno CEO, effective Sept. 29. Deno previously served as CEO of HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital....HFS Consultants hired Sandy Haskins as managing director of executive search and interim placement practice. Haskins has been with HFS since 2009.
- PlasmaTech Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., formerly known as Access Pharmaceuticals, Inc., named Scott Schorer CEO. He was previously president, Americas, of Systagenix Wound Management. The company also appointed Harrison Wehner president and chief financial officer. Wehner most recently held a senior banking role at Canaccord Genuity….ChemoCentryx, Inc. appointed Israel F. Charo, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president of research. Charo is also a member of the ChemoCentryx Scientific Advisory Board and was formerly a scientist-in-residence at Bay City Capital….Celladon Corporation named Scott Garrett to the newly created position of vice president, commercial planning. He was previously vice president, marketing, hospital division, for Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals.
- The California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) appointed Ted Eliopoulos chief investment officer (CIO). He is currently serving as the interim CIO....Relmada Therapeutics, Inc., named Christopher James senior director of clinical development. James has been in clinical development for 25 years....Evariant named Kristin Hambelton chief marketing officer. She was most recently vice president of marketing for Adobe through Neolane.
- ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer appointed Leo Giambarresi, Ph.D., to its board of directors. Giambarresi retired from the post of director of research for the American Urological Association Foundation earlier this year….Neurotrope, Inc. appointed Larry Altstiel, M.D., Ph.D., to the board of directors. He is also CEO of Provectra Therapeutics Inc….Trovagene, Inc. named Alberto Bardelli, Ph.D., to the scientific advisory board. He currently works in the oncology department of the Torino Medical School at the Institute for Cancer Research in Candiolo, Italy.
- WebMD named Mike Fogarty executive vice president of consumer sales and product marketing. He was previously executive vice president of the Kaboose Network….Judith Johnson, M.D., was appointed vice president of pharmacovigilance and pharmacoepidemiology for AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. She has previously worked in pharmacovigilance for AMAG and other companies….Deloitte Consulting LLP named Danielle Moon specialist leader in the life sciences and health care industry practice and federal health sector. She was most recently a member of the senior executive service for CMS.
- The FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research named Grail Sipes, J.D., director of the Office of Regulatory Policy. She was previously senior regulatory counsel....New Directions Behavioral Health appointed John Langlow, M.D., medical director. Langlow previously served as the first president of the Autism Society of Alabama....TeamHealth Holdings Inc. named Oliver Rogers executive vice president and COO. He was most recently president of hospital-based services.
- Louis Silverman was appointed to STAAR Surgical Company’s board of directors. He is currently the chairman and CEO of Advanced ICU Care, Inc.…Purdue Pharma L.P. named Susie Robinson vice president of human resources. She was previously head of human resources at Lumeris….The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention (SCAI) appointed Lisa Olson executive director. She was most recently the founder of aha Group.
- Independence Blue Cross named Kimberly Kockler vice president of government affairs. She previously held the same title at Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania….Maryland Sen. Ben Cardin (D) was elected to the Alliance for Health Reform’s board as honorary co-chairman. Cardin is taking over for West Virginia Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D), who is retiring at the end of the year, and will serve alongside Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt (R)…Array BioPharma Inc. appointed Victor Sandor, M.D., chief medical officer. He was previously senior vice president of global clinical development at Incyte Corporation.
- Paul A. Gomez was hired as a member of Epstein Becker Green’s L.A. office. He is working in the health care, life sciences and corporate service practice. Gomez was previously with Paul Hastings….MRI Interventions, Inc. appointed Frank Grillo CEO. He was a senior executive responsible for marketing and business development functions at Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Former CEO Kimble Jenkins assumes the title of executive chairman effective Jan. 1….Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. named Dennis Kim senior vice president of North American medical and regulatory affairs. He was previously vice president and head of medical affairs at Spectrum Pharmaceuticals.
- ERT promoted Jim Corrigan to president and CEO, in addition to appointing him to the board. He was previously executive vice president and COO. Former president and CEO Jeffrey S. Litwin will assume the role of chief scientific and strategic consultant….CVS Health named Mary Langowski vice president of strategy, policy and market development, effective Oct. 14. Langowski was previously with international law firm DLA Piper as chair of health care policy and regulatory practice….David Sides was named executive vice president and COO of Streamline Health Solutions, Inc. Sides was most recently the CEO of iMDSoft.
- Tower MSA Partners named Holly Neary director of clinical operations. She was most recently director and pharmacy manager at Carter’s Pharmacies in Florida….The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention appointed Jeffrey L. Sturchio president and CEO of its consulting firm Rabin Martin. He was previously senior partner….Andrew Lake is assuming the role of senior vice president and head of accident and health for Swiss Re Corporate Solutions’ North American operations. He succeeds Jeff Argotsinger, who is retiring after 24 years with the company.
- Chimerix, Inc. appointed W. Garrett Nichols as chief medical officer. Nichols was most recently the head of global development at ViiV Healthcare….Catalyst Pharmaceuticals Partners, Inc. named David D. Muth to the newly created position of executive vice president, corporate development. Muth spent the last four years as president and CEO of Croma Pharmaceuticals Inc.….Colleen Kucera is taking on the role of executive director with the International Association of Healthcare Security & Safety. Kucera was previously the executive director with Signium International.
- Comprehensive Pharmacy Services named Gentry Hughes executive vice president of development. Hughes is leaving GE Healthcare, where he headed up the U.S. Clinical System Sales and Marketing Division....Celator Pharmaceuticals named Michael Dougherty chairman of the board of directors. Dougherty has been a member of the board since July 2013.
- Theraclion appointed David Caumartin CEO, succeeding Stefano Vagliani. Caumartin previously spent 14 years with GE Healthcare. The company also named Anja Kleber vice president of marketing/market access. Kleber comes from Siemens’ medical division.
- Allan Meyers, the chief operating officer of Regional Reporting Inc., has been appointed CEO. He succeeds Louis Siegel, who is continuing with the company as chairman.…The Georgia Association of Health Underwriters named Jodie Braner state president. Braner was formerly the vice president of the Hays Companies of Georgia.
- Universal American Corp. named Colleen Schmidt president of the Medicaid and Medicare health plan’s Northeast region. Schmidt most recently was vice president of government programs, clinical operations, at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield….Apotex promoted Jeremy B. Desai to president and CEO. He most recently was the pharmaceutical company’s president and chief operating officer. Jack Kay, the former CEO of Apotex, was named vice chairman of the board.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City announced the retirement of President and CEO David Gentile due to recent bouts with back-related health problems. Danette Wilson has been named interim president and CEO. Wilson served as group executive, external operations and chief marketing executive, responsible for integrated health services, wellness solutions, marketing, sales, underwriting and ancillary products….Matrix Medical Network hired Heidi Wold as vice president, chronic care, responsible for leading the company's expanding role in supporting the ongoing care of health plan members with challenging health conditions. Wold most recently served as vice president of operations at Walgreen Co.'s Take Care Health Systems, Consumer Solutions Group.
- WIRB-Copernicus Group appointed David Borasky vice president of quality management for the Copernicus Group Independent Review Board. Prior to joining WCG, Borasky served as deputy director in the Office of Human Research Ethics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill….MSC, a health care performance improvement company, promoted Mary Beth Loesch to president and CEO. Loesch joined MSC in 2013 as executive vice president of corporate development and health care.
- Magellan Health, Inc. named Karen Amstutz, M.D., chief medical officer, responsible for setting the strategic roadmap and vision for Magellan’s clinical strategy and policy. Amstutz most recently was vice president of medical affairs at Evolent Health....The American Association of Poison Control Centers named Stephen T. Kaminski executive director and chief executive officer. Kaminski previously was executive vice president and general counsel at the American Humane Association.
- The Medical Group Management Association said Jerard J. Jensen will serve as the association’s interim chief executive officer, succeeding Susan L. Turney, M.D., who resigned in July to become CEO of the newly formed Marshfield Clinic Health System in Marshfield, Wis. Jensen, a health care attorney with Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek in Madison, Wis., will serve on a part-time basis while the association continues to recruit for Turney’s replacement....Tel Aviv, Israel-based drug discovery company Compugen Ltd. appointed Ari Krashin chief financial officer. Krashin previously served as chief financial officer of Gilat Satellite Networks.
- Fidelis SeniorCare appointed Alec Cunningham president and chief executive officer (CEO). Sam Willcoxon, founder and former CEO, will remain with the company, serving as chairman. Cunningham is the former CEO of WellCare Health Plans, Inc....Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Peggy Scott will retire in summer 2015....New Jersey specialty pharmaceutical company Ipsen named Cynthia Schwalm president and CEO of Ipsen North America.
- Biopharmaceutical company Galena Biopharma, Inc. appointed Mark W. Schwartz, Ph.D., president and CEO. He replaces Mark J. Ahn, Ph.D., who resigned to pursue other goals. Schwartz was appointed executive vice president and chief operating officer in 2011 following Galena's acquisition of Apthera, Inc., where he was president and CEO….Health information technology firm Pulse Systems, Inc. named Michael Morrison chief technology officer and senior vice president of product development. Prior to joining Pulse, Morrison founded several technology ventures and led technology and product management in public and privately held companies.
- Health Net, Inc. promoted James Woys to executive vice president, chief financial and operating officer, and interim treasurer. Woys had been executive vice president and chief operating officer since November 2007. Woys will replace current Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Joseph Capezza, who is retiring. Capezza will have a consulting contract with the company through the end of the year to assist with transition issues....WellCare Health Plans, Inc. named Andrew Asher senior vice president, effective Aug. 29, and expects the board to appoint him as CFO in November. Asher now is the CFO of Aetna, Inc.’s Local and Regional Businesses....Greg Scott, a principal with Deloitte Consulting LLP, was appointed principal vice chairman and national sector leader for Deloitte's health plans practice.
- Mercer added four consultants to its Midwest Health & Benefits business. Jeff Smith, formerly senior vice president and senior strategy and design consultant in Aon Hewitt’s Health & Benefits practice, is a principal and senior health and benefits consultant based in Chicago. Tyler Harshey, most recently director of national accounts actuarial at Aetna, rejoined Mercer’s consulting team in Chicago as a principal and lead actuary for the Mercer Marketplace Group Active Exchange solution in North America. Matthew Rehmann, previously vice president of sales and marketing at Integrated Health Systems, was named the Midwest exchange sales leader. And Rey Balcazar, a principal in Mercer’s Employee Health & Benefits practice, was promoted to Midwest exchange solution leader....AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Robert Blood vice president of legal affairs and chief compliance officer. He most recently served as associate general counsel at EMD Serono, Inc.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee named Tom Winston director of provider contracting for West and Middle Tennessee, responsible for defining and directing contracting strategies and negotiations for physicians, hospitals and other providers in these two regions. Winston previously served as the corporate director of revenue and relationship management for Novant Health, Inc., in Charlotte, N.C….Oklahoma City-based Foundation Healthcare, Inc., which focuses on the development and management of surgical hospitals and related ancillary services, appointed Travis Crenshaw chief information officer. Crenshaw was previously with United Surgical Partners International.
- Molina Healthcare, Inc. appointed Keith Wilson, M.D., chief medical officer, responsible for establishing clinical policy and oversight of medical management functions of all the company’s health plan subsidiaries. He was previously the vice president of clinical services for the Molina Medical Group clinics and American Family Care….Anavex Life Sciences Corp., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, named Tasos Zografidis, Ph.D., vice president, clinical operations. He most recently served as a clinical and pharmaceutical consultant.
- GenerationOne, a mobile health technology solutions provider, said engagement behavior designer Kyra Bobinet, M.D., will serve as a consultant to the company. Bobinet is CEO of engagedIN, a behavior design firm for the health and wellness industry, and an instructor at Stanford University School of Medicine....Gregory T. Lucier was appointed as a corporate advisor to Organovo Holdings, Inc., a three-dimensional biology company. In the role, Lucier will advise CEO Keith Murphy and the executive management team on various corporate issues. Lucier was formerly chairman and CEO of Life Technologies.
- GS1 US appointed Michael Innes vice president, healthcare, with responsibility for leading GS1 Healthcare US. Prior to joining GS1 US, Innes was a program director with Kaiser Permanente where he managed strategic projects designed to extend the value of GS1 Standards within and beyond the supply chain….Diplomat President Gary Kadlec was elected to the board of directors for the American Foundation of Pharmaceutical Education. Kadlec will serve a three-year term as a board member.
- Cardinal Health announced that John F. Finn, lead director of the company since 2009 and chair of the Nominating and Governance Committee since 2012, has decided not to stand for re-election. Effective Nov. 1, 2014, the board appointed Gregory B. Kenny as lead director and chair of the Nominating and Governance Committee. Kenny has served as a director since 2007....HemoSonics, a medical diagnostic company, named Timothy J. Fischer president and CEO. Prior to joining HemoSonics, Fischer served as chief operating officer for LipoScience, a publicly traded in vitro diagnostics company.
- CompuGroup Medical US promoted Werner Rodorff to CEO and senior vice president, North America. He succeeds Norbert H. Fischl in the role. Rodorff joined CompuGroup in 2009 and most recently served as general manager of the company's Health Connectivity Services division....Quanta Fluid Solutions Ltd named Willem Baralt chief financial officer. Prior to joining Quanta, Baralt was managing director of a private investment office, Mercantile Group.
- The American Association of Homecare elected Dave Cormack, president of Brightree, to the AAHomecare Board of Directors....OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed John A. Bencich vice president and chief financial officer (CFO). Bencich previously served as CFO of Integrated Diagnostics Inc.
- Alameda Health System named Mark S. Fratzke chief operating officer of the system and chief administrative officer for Highland Hospital. He most recently was chief operating officer of the Mayo Clinic's Southwest Minnesota region….The Joint Commission promoted Stacy C. Olea to executive director of its Laboratory Services Accreditation program. Olea previously was the laboratory field director and interim ambulatory field director at The Joint Commission.
- Seattle Children's promoted Mark Del Beccaro, M.D., to senior vice president and chief medical officer. Del Beccaro, who now serves as vice president of medical affairs, will replace David Fisher, M.D., who is retiring….CNA Financial Corp. appointed Gary DelBuono vice president of product management, effective Aug. 11. He will oversee enterprise product development, partnering closely with underwriting in developing product solutions for CNA's Commercial and Specialty lines. DelBuono comes to CNA from Liberty Mutual, where he served as senior vice president and product manager in the General Liability space.
- Tandigm Health, a joint venture between Independence Blue Cross and DaVita HealthCare Partners, appointed Kenneth Goldblum, M.D., chief medical officer. Tandigm Health is a network of primary care physicians in southeastern Pennsylvania dedicated to improving quality and efficiency through physician-led, coordinated care. Goldblum previously was the medical director of Gateway Medical Associates, a large primary group practice, and chief medical officer of Renaissance Health Network, an IPA….Molecular oncology diagnostics company Biocept, Inc. named Amy McNeal senior director of managed care and reimbursement strategies. She joins Biocept from GE Healthcare, where she was manager of the North American Managed Care unit.
- Alameda Health System appointed Kinzi Richholt chief nurse executive. Richholt joined Alameda in February 2014 as the interim chief nurse executive. Prior to that, she served as a consultant for Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Antioch, Calif., where she implemented strategic initiatives to improve care experience and significantly raised Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores…. Nutrinsic Corp. named David Hutchinson vice president of technical services and Daniel Beckett controller. Hutchinson previously was senior vice president of operations at RiceBran Technologies and director of quality and regulatory affairs at Bioriginal Food and Science. Beckett has over 30 years of accounting and financial experience with a number of companies including Coca-Cola and American Express.
- Marathon Pharmaceuticals appointed Jeanine M. Swalec vice president of regulatory affairs. She most recently served as the senior director for global regulatory affairs for Lundbeck Pharmaceuticals....CareSource appointed David Kaelber, M.D., Ph.D., to its board of trustees. Kaelber is a practicing internist, pediatrician and the chief medical informatics officer of The MetroHealth System in Cleveland, Ohio. He is also director of MetroHealth’s Center for Clinical Informatics Research and Education and MetroHealth’s Clinical Informatics Fellowship program.
- UCare named Alvaro H. Sanchez, M.D., associate medical director in the non-profit health plan’s Clinical and Quality Management department. Dr. Sanchez most recently was regional medical director of primary care for Park Nicollet Health Services (PNHS)-Minnesota….Salt Lake Community College has named JoAnne Wright dean of the School of Health Sciences, which oversees programs in the College’s nursing and allied health fields. Wright has held faculty positions at several major universities, including the University of Utah.
- Egalet Corp. appointed Jeffrey M. Dayno, M.D., chief medical officer, responsible for leading Egalet's clinical development programs as well as overseeing the activities in regulatory affairs, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs. He most recently served as vice president, global medical affairs, at ViroPharma....CareSource appointed Douglas A. Fecher to the board of trustees. Fecher is president and CEO of Wright-Patt Credit Union.