Dates included below correspond to the issue of AIS’s Health Business Daily in which “People News” appeared.
- WellCare of Georgia, a subsidiary of WellCare Health Plans, Inc., named Sonya Nelson state president. She joins WellCare from Amerigroup Louisiana, where she held leadership roles including state president and chief operating officer….Brain Research Foundation said Scott Serota, president and CEO of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, joined its board of directors….Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. promoted Vice President, Biology and Translational Science Jeffery Kutok, M.D., to the role of chief scientific officer.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey named Thomas R. Graf, M.D., vice president and chief medical officer. Graf has served in clinical and administrative leadership roles at Geisinger Health System. Most recently, he was the national director of population health for Chartis Group….America’s Health Insurance Plans appointed Richard A. Bankowitz, M.D., executive vice president for clinical affairs. He joins AHIP from Premier Inc., where he served as chief medical officer….Swift Biosciences hired Candia Brown as vice president of global marketing. Prior to joining Swift, Brown served as director of single-cell genomics at Fluidigm Corp.
- BeWellnm, the New Mexico public health insurance exchange, appointed Cheryl Smith Gardner CEO. She now is executive director of the Arkansas Health Insurance Marketplace. She succeeds interim CEO Linda Wedeen….NxStage Medical, Inc. named Allan Collins, M.D., chief medical officer. Collins already serves as chair of the company's scientific advisory board. He is a professor of medicine at the University of Minnesota and director of the Chronic Research Disease Group…. Texas Biomedical Research Institute appointed Larry Schlesinger, M.D., president and CEO. He is now chair of the Department of Microbial Infection and Immunity and director of the Center for Microbial Interface Biology at Ohio State University.
- The StayWell Company promoted Nicole Latimer to CEO. She succeeds Bill Goldberg, who stepped down after five years with StayWell and its former parent company, MediMedia USA. Latimer joined StayWell in 2016 as president….Myoderm appointed James Lovett chief operating officer. Lovett previously spent 14 years at Covance, where he led three global business units….The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America board of directors elected Joaquin Duato, worldwide chairman, pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson, chairman of PhRMA’s board of directors. Joseph Jimenez, CEO, Novartis AG, was selected as chairman-elect and Robert A. Bradway, chairman and CEO, Amgen, was chosen as treasurer.
- PatientPoint named Mike Collette CEO. Collette founded the company and served as its CEO until 2012, when he became chairman of the board of directors….Rockport Healthcare Services appointed Michael Wasserman, M.D. chief medical officer. Wasserman is a geriatrician and an assistant clinical professor at UCLA School of Medicine. He most recently served as executive director, care continuum at Health Services Advisory Group, the Quality Improvement Network for the state of California….MedAvante, Inc. hired Susan Vallow as vice president of Patient eSolutions. Vallows previously was senior director and head of patient focused outcomes at GlaxoSmithKline.
- Immune Pharmaceuticals Inc. appointed Ranch C. Kimball chairman of the board of directors. Kimball previously was CEO of Joslin Diabetes Center. He replaces Daniel Kazado, who will remain as a director….Baptist Health System named Trip Pilgrim CEO. Pilgrim previously held that position held from 2005 to 2009. Current CEO Graham Reeve will assume the title of president and chief operating officer….David Norris, M.D., chairman of the department of dermatology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, was appointed president of the American Skin Association. He takes over from Philip Prioleau, M.D., who has held the position since 2014.
- HealthONE promoted Ryan Simpson to chief operating officer of Swedish Medical Center. He previously was COO at the Medical Center of Aurora…. MedAvante, Inc. appointed Susan Vallow vice president of Patient eSolutions. She joins MedAvante from GlaxoSmithKline where she was senior director and head of patient focused outcomes…. MC HealthWorks named Sean Annesley a sales director working with its commercial client base. Annesley held sales positions at Novartis, Sanofi US and Oxford Health Plans.
- Independence Health Group, parent of Independence Blue Cross, appointed Gregory E. Deavens chief financial officer. Deavens previously was senior vice president and corporate controller at MassMutual Financial Group….BenefitMall named David Taaffe regional vice president of California, benefits sales, and national head of the Account Services Division. He most recently was senior vice president of business development at LifeMap….WellCare Health Plans, Inc. appointed W. Lee Bowers chief operating officer, Florida. Prior to joining WellCare, he was vice president of national duals, Medicaid and long-term services and supports network for Humana Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc appointed Luke Miels president of global pharmaceuticals. Miels now is executive vice president of AstraZeneca’s European business….The National Association of Insurance Commissioners appointed Al Redmer Jr., commissioner of the Maryland Insurance Administration, chair of NAIC’s Health Insurance and Managed Care (B) Committee. The vice chair is Lori K. Wing-Heier, director of the insurance division at Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development….True Health Diagnostics named Robert J. Rossi senior vice president and chief compliance officer. Rossi is a former chief deputy attorney general of Pennsylvania overseeing the state's Medicaid Fraud Unit.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee promoted Dakasha Winton to the newly created position of chief government relations officer. She will take over duties previously performed by Calvin Anderson, who retired. Winton previously was director of state government relations and associate general counsel….The California Public Employees' Retirement System named Scott Terando chief actuary. He has served as interim chief actuary since the retirement of former Chief Actuary Alan Milligan in September. Prior to that, Terando served as deputy chief actuary…. The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy selected Rebecca Shanahan of Avella Specialty Pharmacy as president and Mike Agostino of Hy-Vee, Inc. as president-elect for 2017.
- John Naylor succeeded Medica’s retiring president and CEO David Tilford. Naylor previously was senior vice president of the Minnesota insurer’s commercial markets division. Tilford, who has led Medica since 2001, will assist with the transition through the end of January. Medica also promoted Paul Crowley to vice president and general manager of commercial markets. He joined the organization in 2013 as vice president and general manager within the commercial markets business unit. Prior to Medica, he worked in the Chicago office of Cigna Corp….Tufts Health Plan named Hyunsook Song vice president of product management and community relations for public plans. Prior to joining Tufts, Song was exchange director at Anthem, Inc. subsidiary Empire BlueCross BlueShield….Mike Kolar was named senior vice president and general counsel at Prime Therapeutics LLC. He previously served as chief legal officer for health care reinsurance start-up MOBE, LLC.
- Humana Inc. promoted Catherine Field to president and Intermountain Region market leader for senior products. She was previously vice president and market leader for senior products for the Intermountain Region, which includes Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Washington….Warren Murrell was promoted to president and CEO of Peoples Health. Murrell, who has served as president and chief operating officer since early 2015, succeeds CEO Carol Solomon, who died in December….John Roberts in February will leave his post as budget director for the state of Michigan to serve as vice president of administration at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
- Families USA named Frederick Appel Isasi executive director. He succeeds Ron Pollack, who said last May that he would retire in early 2017. Isasi now is the health division director at the National Governor’s Association Center for Best Practices…. Henry Ford Health System promoted Wright Lassiter, III, to president and CEO. He has served as system president since December 2014, and succeeds Nancy Schlichting, who retired at the end of 2016….CNA promoted Chris Heckman to vice president, hospitals and captives in the company's health care unit. Heckman joined CNA in 2012 as an underwriting consulting director, and most recently served as assistant vice president, industry leader for hospitals.
- Kathleen Connolly was named executive director, Senior Care Options (SCO) and vice president, Special Needs Plans for BMC HealthNet Plan. She most recently served as vice president of sales, marketing and products, public plans division, at Tufts Health Plan….Concordia International Corp. said John Beighton retired from his current role as president of the international segment, effective Jan. 1. Graeme Duncan, the international segment’s managing director, will replace Beighton as president. Beighton will remain with Concordia as a board member of the international segment….The Big Ten Cancer Research Consortium elected Robert Kratzke, M.D., a lung cancer researcher at the Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota and associate professor in the University of Minnesota Medical School's Department of Medicine, as the inaugural chair of its steering committee.
- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. said Chief Financial Officer Timothy P. Coughlin will step down from his position in mid-February. The company’s board has initiated a replacement search and Coughlin has agreed to continue with the company through 2017 to aid in the transition….Independent Living Systems said it named Bryan Herbert vice president of sales covering the Southeast and Central markets and Korinne Bigelsen vice president of sales covering the Northeast market. Herbert previously served as the regional vice president of sales for DST Health Solutions and Bigelsen served as vice president of sales for MagnaCare.
- The Community Oncology Alliance said Jeffrey Vacirca, M.D., FACP, CEO and managing partner/director of clinical research at New York Cancer Specialists, was elected president of the alliance for a one-year term starting Jan. 1, 2017….BridgeHealth appointed Maria McAfee vice president, labor and government. She previously has worked closely with Taft-Hartley and public sector groups across the country for companies including MaxorPlus and Catamaran….Prime Therapeutics LLC said John Drakulich has rejoined the company as chief sales officer. He had served as Prime’s vice president of sales and market development from 1997 to 2000. Most recently, he worked as senior vice president of business development at OptumRx, and has also held senior sales leadership roles with Anthem and Wellpoint NextRx.
- The American Clinical Laboratory Association promoted Executive Vice President Julie Khani to president. She will succeed outgoing president Alan Mertz, who is retiring but will continue to serve the association in a key advisory role…. BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. named Peter Ginsberg vice president of business development. He most recently headed business development for United Therapeutics….Medac Pharma, Inc. appointed Kevin O'Brien as vice president of sales. He previously served as senior national sales director for Sobi, Inc.
- InMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. appointed Jeff Charpentier chief financial officer and corporate secretary. He previously served as CFO for Lifebank Corp., Inex Pharmaceuticals Corp. and Chromos Molecular Systems Inc….Paul E. Jarris, M.D., senior vice president, maternal and child health program impact at the March of Dimes, was promoted to chief medical officer….ImmunoCellular Therapeutics, Ltd. appointed Anthony Gringeri, Ph.D., CEO and a member of the board of directors. Gringeri has served as senior vice president of strategic resources since 2013.
- Quantum Health promoted Senior Vice President of Sales Michael Formica to executive vice president of sales….Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. hired Bill Tanner, Ph.D., as a senior research analyst covering biotechnology and Steven Halper as a senior research analyst covering healthcare services. Tanner joined the firm from Guggenheim Securities, where he was a senior biotechnology analyst. Halper previously focused on healthcare information technology, managed care and pharmaceutical service industries at several major firms including FBR Capital Markets and previously Lazard Capital Markets.
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center appointed Andrew Wooten vice president of its Center for Technology Commercialization. He most recently was the founding executive director of the Innovation Development Center at Baylor College of Medicine….The California Hospital Association said longtime President and CEO C. Duane Dauner will retire at the end of 2018. The association will launch a nationwide search for his successor….Quest Diagnostics said its board of directors elected President and CEO Stephen H. Rusckowski to serve as chairman of the board. He succeeds Daniel C. Stanzione, Ph.D., who was named lead independent director.
- Misonix, Inc. appointed Stavros G. Vizirgianakis president and CEO. He has served as interim CEO since September….Neighbors Health, LLC. named Tensie Homan Axton chief financial officer. She previously was the office managing partner of KPMG LLP and the partner in charge of transaction services….Civitas Senior Living hired Dionne Motal as vice president of human resources. She previously led a district based human resource team at Sava Senior Care and served as the senior vice president of skilled healthcare prior to its merger with Genesis Healthcare Systems.
- Bioniz Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Paul Frohna, M.D., Ph.D., Pharm. D., senior vice president of clinical development, a newly created position. Frohna most recently was the vice president of clinical development and translational medicine at Receptos, Inc….CytRx Corporation promoted Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer Daniel Levitt, M.D., Ph.D., to the newly created role of chief operating officer. Going forward, Dr. Levitt will continue to serve as CytRx's chief medical officer.
- Juniper Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Jeffrey Young chief financial officer, treasurer and secretary. He most recently served as chief financial officer and treasurer of OvaScience….ResMed named Carlos M. Nunez, M.D., chief medical officer. He previously served as senior vice president of medical affairs for Becton, Dickinson and Company….MemorialCare Health System hired Kristen Pugh as vice president of advocacy and government relations. She recently served as executive director for federal research relations at University of California, Irvine.
- Daniel J. Hilferty, president and CEO of Independence Blue Cross, was elected to a second term as chairman of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Board of Directors….Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey named David Gambino vice president and chief pharmacy officer, a newly created position. He previously was chief strategy officer at Via Christi Health.…Cigna Corp. appointed Ralph Holmes president and general manager for its commercial health care benefits plans in Arizona. Holmes most recently served as president, Aetna Health Inc. of Texas.
- Cody hired Paul Notarnicola as executive director of business development. He previously served in the same role for Change Healthcare Consulting, and also spent seven years in a variety of roles with UnitedHealth Group….West Health promoted Timothy A. Lash to chief strategy officer. Lash will also continue in his role as executive vice president of successful aging for West Health and president of the West Health Policy Center….The National Association of Chain Drug Stores appointed William Tighe vice president of federal government affairs and Amber Manko director of federal government affairs. Tighe most recently served as chief of staff to U.S. Rep. Tom Marino (R-Pa.), chairman of the House Subcommittee on Regulatory Reform, Commercial and Antitrust Law. Manko most recently served as director of federal affairs at CAPG.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota named Aaron Friedkin, M.D., medical director for key accounts. He most recently served as vice president of operations and business development at Imaging Advantage. The Minnesota Blues plan also named Dan Trajano, M.D., senior medical director for the STARS and Risk Adjustment Center of Excellence. Trajano most recently served as vice president and executive medical director of population health at HealthEast Care System....Sovereign Health named Ali S. Zadeh, M.D., executive director of acute care. Zadeh previously was the CEO at Kindred Hospital Cleveland Gateway....Arthrosurface appointed Joe Darling executive chairman. He most recently was chief operating officer at Interventional Spine, Inc.
- Civitas Senior Living promoted Vice President of Operations Cooper Vittitow to chief operating officer....Neogen Corporation named Dan Kephart as its chief science officer, a newly created position. Kephart has served as research and development director for the agribusiness unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific....Muse bio appointed Dr. Kevin Ness CEO and a member of the board of directors. He succeeds Muse bio's founding CEO, Ryan Gill, who becomes the company's chief science officer and remains Slade Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering and executive director of the BioDesign Center at the RAS Energy Institute at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Prior to joining Muse bio, Ness was co-founder, chief technology officer and chief operating officer of 10X Genomics.
- Spotlight Innovation Inc. appointed Chitra Edwin, Ph.D., senior vice president of regulatory affairs and compliance. Edwin is an adjunct associate professor at the College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati, and was the director, Capstone Project, Master's in Drug Development Program....Agenovir Corporation named Dirk Thye, M.D., CEO and a member of the board of directors. Thye most recently was chief medical officer of Cidara, Inc....Ovia Health hired Greg Nash as executive vice president to lead the company's maternity and family benefits solution for employers. Most recently, Nash was the vice president of enterprise sales at Omada Health.
- Caravan Health named Michael L. Sanderson chief business development officer. Sanderson is co-founder of RemitDATA, Inc....The Commission for Case Manager Certification promoted Chief Operations Officer MaryBeth Kurland to CEO....Cricket Health named Carmen A. Peralta, M.D., chair of the firm’s Medical Advisory Board, and Anna Malkina, M.D., medical director. Peralta is an associate professor of medicine at University of California-San Francisco, a practicing nephrologist at the UCSF Nephrology and Hypertension Faculty Practice, and a clinical investigator and co-founder and executive director of the Kidney Health Research Collaborative. Malkina is an assistant clinical professor at UCSF and a practicing nephrologist at the UCSF Nephrology and Hypertension Faculty Practice.
- Second Genome, Inc. appointed Jim Sjoerdsma executive vice president of human resources and Brian Dowd senior vice president of finance. Sjoerdsma previously served in various human resources roles at Genencor. Dowd comes from Johnson & Johnson, where he served as the vice president, controller of Alios BioPharma....Enterome SA appointed Jai Patel, Ph.D., chief medical officer. Patel most recently served as chief medical and scientific officer at NephroGenex, Inc....Simione Healthcare Consultants appointed Anna M. Alvarez senior manager in operations consulting. Alvarez was previously the Southeast regional vice president for clinical operations at Kindred at Home in Louisville, Ky.
- BlueCare Tennessee, the Medicaid subsidiary of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, named Jeremy Martinez vice president and chief financial officer. He previously served in executive finance and operations roles at the Washington state business unit of Centene Corp.’s Coordinated Care subsidiary....Select Medical Corp., a subsidiary of Select Medical Holdings Corp., appointed Scott Nordlund executive vice president, partnership growth and innovation. He most recently was chief strategy and business development officer at Trinity Health....Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey hired Mary Ann Christopher as vice president, clinical operations and transformation. Prior to joining Horizon, she was president and CEO of Visiting Nurse Service of New York.
- Rebiotix Inc. named Ken F. Blount, Ph.D., head of external research. He most recently was an associate research scientist/scholar and translational research coordinator at Yale Cancer Center and Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven....USANA Health Sciences, Inc. said Co-CEO Dave Wentz is retiring from the company. He will be succeeded by the other co-CEO, Kevin Guest, whom the board of directors named CEO. USANA will no longer use a co-CEO management structure....Collagen Matrix, Inc. appointed Oystein Valberg chief financial officer. Most recently, he served as CFO and vice president of finance, strategy and business development for Medtronic's Surgical Technology business unit.
- Personal Genome Diagnostics Inc. appointed Maria Chan, Ph.D., vice president of regulatory strategy. Chan previously was the FDA division director of the Division of Immunology & Hematology Devices at the Center for Devices & Radiological Health, Office of In Vitro Diagnostics & Radiological Health....Western Dental & Orthodontics named Robert A. Eisen chief human resources officer. He most recently was vice president of talent at St. Joseph Health in Irvine, Calif....Ted Waitt, chairman of the Waitt Foundation and cofounder of Gateway, Inc., was named chairman of the Salk Institute for Biological Studies' Board of Trustees.
- ViraCyte, LLC appointed Brett P. Giroir, M.D., president and CEO. Giroir previously served as CEO of the Texas A&M Health Science Center and as the first physician director of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency's Defense Sciences Office....Cornerstone Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Brian Mullaney, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer. Prior to joining Cornerstone, Mullaney was the global head of clinical affairs for oncology precision medicine at Novartis....Nova Medical Centers appointed Catharine Knight regional vice president, network and payor relations. Previously Knight was a community liaison for Centre for Neuro Skills.
- Capital BlueCross appointed Jack Jaroh senior vice president of commercial group sales. Jaroh previously was vice president of client management at Highmark Blue Shield....The Senior Care Pharmacy Coalition named Phil Fogg, Jr., chairman. Fogg is currently the chairman and CEO of Marquis Companies and Consonus Health Care....Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Richard Malamut, M.D., senior vice president, research and development, and chief medical officer. Prior to Avanir, he was the senior vice president of global clinical development at Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- AbleTo, Inc. appointed Clifford A. Farren, Jr. chief financial officer. Farren most recently was vice president of finance for QuintilesIMS’s U.S. business unit....PerfectServe named Greg White chief operating officer. White previously was senior vice president and general manager of Allscripts Healthcare Solutions' TouchWorks EMR Division....Champions Oncology, Inc. said Dr. Philip Breitfeld, a member of the company's board of directors, was named chief strategic and innovation officer. Breitfeld most recently was global vice president at Quintiles. In addition, current CEO Joel Ackerman would become chairman of Champions’ board of directors, while current President Ronnie Morris will take over as CEO. Finally, Dr. David Sidransky, the founder of Champions and current chairman, will assume the role of lead director.
- Aetna Inc. subsidiary bswift said it appointed Sanjiv Anand president and CEO. Most recently, Anand was group president and global capability leader of Xerox’s HR and benefits outsourcing business.... Levine Cancer Institute named Declan Walsh, M.D., the chair of medical support services. He will lead Levine’s Department of Supportive Oncology. Walsh previously held a joint Chair as the Fottrell Professor of Palliative Medicine in the medical schools at both Trinity and University Colleges in Dublin, Ireland....RxWiki Inc. hired Steve Spry as director of mobile development. Spry formerly was director of Mobile Platform SDK Engineering at Austin-based Phunware Inc. RxWiki also named Robert Terrell director of product development. He previously was a product manager responsible for creating the PocketRx mobile application at Praeses.
- Consortium Health Plans appointed James P. (Jim) McNary president and CEO, succeeding Miriam (Mimi) Leonard. McNary most recently was Mercer’s North America Regional Business Leader for Health and Benefits....The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America promoted Robert Zirkelbach to executive vice president of public affairs. He succeeds Josephine Martin, who said she is leaving the association to pursue new opportunities. Zirkelbach has served as senior vice president of communications at PhRMA since 2014.
- The Society for Women's Health Research named Amy M. Miller, Ph.D., CEO. Dr. Miller leaves the Personalized Medicine Coalition, where she served as executive vice president....SA Ignite appointed Matt Fusan director of solutions consulting. He previously held leadership positions at AllScripts and Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina....Anthem, Inc. promoted Scott Towers to president of the company’s dental business. Towers joined Anthem in 2009 as part of its acquisition of DeCare Dental, and most recently was responsible for Anthem’s dental underwriting, product development and analytics.
- Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. promoted Ryan Chavez to chief financial officer. He will also continue to serve as general counsel. Chavez joined Asterias in July 2016 as executive vice president of finance and general counsel. Prior to joining Asterias, Mr. Chavez was vice president and general counsel of Mallinckrodt's Autoimmune and Rare Disease Division....Charlita Shelton, Ph.D., was appointed executive director of Dallas Nursing Institute. She previously served as president of the University of the Rockies....BayCare Health System named Teri Sholder senior vice president and chief quality officer. She previously served as chief quality officer of Kettering Health Network.
- The National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association said Rick E. Munson, vice president of investigations at UnitedHealthcare, was elected chair of the NHCAA Board of Directors. Munson succeeds Nicholas J. Messuri, vice president of fraud prevention and recovery and deputy general counsel at DentaQuest....ChenMed appointed Tom Davis the Atlanta market president for JenCare Senior Medical Center. Davis most recently led a consulting practice in provider managed care strategies and Medicare Advantage turnarounds. He previously served as CEO of Coventry Health Care of Georgia and led Coventry Pharmacy Management Services. ChenMed also named Dennis Skrajewski the Louisville market president for JenCare. He previously was regional president for Integramed Fertility.
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. named Alexander Santini chief commercial officer, Kiernan Seth, Ph.D., vice president of marketing, and Gary Branch vice president of sales. Santini will have responsibility for all commercial activities in the United States for telotristat ethyl, an investigational oral drug for the treatment of carcinoid syndrome, with Seth and Branch reporting directly to him. Santini joined Lexicon in April 2015; he previously served as executive member and vice president of market access for Bayer U.S. Pharmaceutical. Seth joined Lexicon in November 2014 and Branch joined the company in March 2016....Paragon Bioservices, Inc. appointed Ruby Hofmann vice president, human resources and organizational development.
- Gamida Cell appointed Julian Adams, Ph.D., chairman of the board of directors. Dr. Adams currently serves as president of research and development at Infinity Pharmaceuticals, where he is responsible for the full spectrum of drug discovery, preclinical and clinical development, and regulatory affairs activities....Veracyte, Inc. named Keith Kennedy chief financial officer. He is the former president and chief executive officer of MCG Capital Corporation....WebMD Health Services, a subsidiary of WebMD that provides customizable wellness programs for employers and health plans, appointed Brad Kirkpatrick chief client officer. He previously was chief growth officer at Imagine Health.
- International Medical Group, Inc. promoted Todd A. Hancock to president and CEO. Hancock previously was the company's executive vice president and chief operating officer....Aon Benfield named three executives to its U.S. Accident, Health and Life team to serve on the newly created Managed Care Services platform. Christina Mendez is a managing director in Aon Benfield's Los Angeles office, Thomas Sass is a managing director in the firm's Minneapolis office, and Tom Leonard is a managing director in Aon Benfield Analytics....Crescita Therapeutics Inc. named Executive Chairman Dan Chicoine interim CEO, succeeding Greg Orleski.
- Genprex, Inc. appointed Julien Pham, M.D., chief operating officer. He previously served as founder and chief medical officer at RubiconMD and as a clinical faculty member at Harvard Medical School....The National Pharmaceutical Council’s board of directors elected Joshua Ofman, M.D., Amgen’s senior vice president of global value, access & policy, as its 2016-2017 chairman....Sentry Data Systems, Inc. named John P. Ceraolo chief information security officer. He most recently served as chief security officer for 3Cinteractive.
- Exact Sciences Corp. promoted Jeff Elliott to chief financial officer. A former senior research analyst at Robert W. Baird & Co., Elliott joined Exact Sciences as vice president, business development and strategy, in June 2016....Zipnosis named Scott Brown vice president of product and engineering. Brown previously held several senior executive technology positions, including the founding of his own software company where he developed outpatient care solutions that helped providers manage patients on complex care pathways and treatment plans....Adeptus Health Inc. named Gregory W. Scott, board chairman, to the additional role of interim CEO, following the resignation of Thomas S. Hall.
- Health Center Partners of Southern California appointed Frank Whelan senior vice president for finance. He previously served for five years as the treasurer and chief financial officer of Three Rivers Provider Network....Akriveia Therapeutics named C. Glenn Begley chief scientific officer and Margaret Karow vice president of discovery and preclinical development. Most recently, Begley was chief scientific officer at TetraLogic Pharmaceuticals and Karow was an executive director at Amgen....ESO Solutions, Inc. hired Kenny Schnell as vice president and general manager overseeing the company's electronic health record business for emergency medical services (EMS). Schnell recently retired from Williamson County EMS in Georgetown, Texas, where he served as director for the past eight years.
- BioScrip named Daniel Greenleaf president and CEO, effective Oct. 31. He previously was CEO of HS Infusion Holdings, Inc., which BioScrip acquired in September. Rick Smith, CEO of BioScrip, will become vice chairman of the board....Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc. said Sean Whelan is stepping down as chief financial officer as of Dec. 31 to spend more time with his family. Robin Johnson, vice president of finance and chief financial officer of the specialty infusion division, will take on his duties until a replacement has been appointed....CDPHP promoted Brian Morrissey to president, Practice Support Services, LLC and executive vice president of Partner Solutions at CDPHP. Morrissey joined CDPHP in 1999 and recently served as chief marketing officer.
- xG Health Solutions promoted Steven B. Pierdon, M.D., to chief medical officer. Dr. Pierdon joined xG Health Solutions in 2014 as a senior medical director. He previously was chief medical officer for Geisinger Northeast....Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc. named Chief Financial Officer and Secretary Stephen L. Lemieux interim CEO. Lemieux replaces Shawn O'Brien, who is pursuing other opportunities. Cipher has begun a formal search process for a new CEO....Medical Tracking Solutions, Inc. named Craig Pichanick chief technology officer, leading the organization’s information technology group. Before joining MTS, Pichanick was an executive at OneCallCare Management.
- The Ethics & Compliance Initiative named compliance industry veteran David Childers vice president for marketing and communications. Childers was founder and CEO of EthicsPoint (now NavexGlobal)….OpenMarkets Inc. promoted Chief Technology Officer Michael Finenberg to CEO. He succeeds outgoing CEO and Founder Dan Michalek….The FDA named Peter P. Stein, M.D., deputy director of the Office of New Drugs at the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Until recently, was vice president for late stage development, diabetes and endocrinology at Merck Research Laboratories.
- Healthways said Glenn Hargreaves, the company's longtime chief accounting officer, was appointed interim chief financial officer (CFO). Mr. Hargreaves succeeds Robert E. Dries, who resigned as CFO after just a few months with the company....Horton International - North America, a principal partner of Horton Group International Limited, named James D. Utterback a managing director in the firm's healthcare and life sciences practice focusing within the healthcare information technology and services sectors. Utterback comes to Horton International from another executive search firm where he completed numerous executive search assignments including chief information officers, chief technology officers, and chief information security officers.
- Varian Medical Systems said Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Elisha W. Finney has announced her intention to retire. She will remain in her current role until a successor is named, which Varian expects will occur during the fiscal year 2017.... Science Exchange appointed Christopher L. Crucitti chief commercial officer. He most recently was executive vice president of global business development at Worldwide Clinical Trials....CardioFocus named Omari Bouknight chief commercial officer and Jeff Rynbrandt vice president of U.S. sales. Bouknight previously was vice president of sales and marketing for Cardiac Dimensions, and Rynbrandt held various leadership roles in sales and marketing at Boston Scientific.
- Burson-Marsteller named Henry Engleka chair of the U.S. Healthcare Practice. He previously was a senior consultant and marketing steering committee member at the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center….InMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. appointed Alexandra D.J. Mancini as senior vice president, clinical and regulatory affairs. She previously operated a consulting company, True North Synergy, and has been an executive with several biotech companies…. Kineticos hired Glen Martin as senior vice president. He most recently served as senior vice president, medical sciences for Ashfield Healthcare.
- Cognition Therapeutics, Inc. appointed Kenneth I. Moch president and CEO. Moch previously was a managing partner of The Salutramed Group, a strategy consulting firm....Finn Partners named Arielle Bernstein Pinsof a partner in the agency's health practice. She previously was group vice president of the health practice at Makovsky + Company....Heartland Blood Centers hired Alexander Carterson, M.D., Ph.D., as medical director. He was a clinical fellow in transfusion medicine at the Harvard Combined Transfusion Program.
- HealthSouth Corp. said President and CEO Jay Grinney will retire on Dec. 31, 2016. The company appointed current Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Mark J. Tarr to succeed Grinney. The company also said Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Doug Coltharp also will assume responsibility for the company's Information Technology Group and managed care contracting. Finally, Barb Jacobsmeyer, currently president of the inpatient rehabilitation segment's Central Region, will be promoted to Executive Vice President of Operations....Biocept, Inc. named David Moskowitz to the newly created position of vice president, strategy and corporate communications. He most recently was vice president, investor relations at Trovagene.
- Kallyope Inc. appointed Ann E. Weber, Ph.D., senior vice president, drug discovery. She most recently was vice president, lead optimization chemistry at Merck & Co....The Federation of American Hospitals said R. Milton Johnson, chairman and CEO of HCA, will chair FAH’s board starting in 2017. The current board chair is W. Carl Whitmer, president and CEO of IASIS Healthcare....True Health Diagnostics named Gary L. Smith, Ph.D., chief operating officer. Prior to joining True Health, Smith was president of Sonic Healthcare USA and chief operating officer of Med Fusion and a molecular diagnostic startup in Toronto.
- Ketchum promoted partner Amy McCarthy, director of the New York Healthcare Practice, to director of client development for the North America Healthcare Practice. She will be succeeded by Tom Jones, who will serve as a senior vice president as well as director of the New York Healthcare Practice. Jones most recently served as senior vice president and head of the healthcare practice at Makovsky….Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc. promoted Paul Urick to president, effective Nov. 1, 2016. He will succeed Gary Kadlec, who will retire on Dec.31, 2016. Urick previously served as Diplomat's senior vice president of industry relations, pharmaceutical account management, and payor strategy.
- CNA Financial Corp. said Dino E. Robusto will assume the role of Chairman and CEO on Nov. 21. He succeeds Thomas F. Motamed, who is retiring after eight years at the helm....William Cance, M.D., joined the University of Arizona Cancer Center as deputy director and will lead Phoenix-based initiatives at the UA Cancer Center at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center....Advanced Clinical named Stacey Arrambide vice president of biometrics. He previously was senior director, statistics, at Chiltern.