Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2016-2017
Reserve the All-New Edition Now and Save!
A best-selling annual book packed with insights into important trends that are re-shaping the health care industry. This one-of-a-kind resource contains reliable data, directories and other valuable resources you can put to work today. Written and organized by AIS's experienced health reporting staff.
Can’t wait? The 2015-2016 edition is still available! Click here to order.
Get the perspective you need to make sense of the state of the health plan industry with Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data
Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data is a comprehensive one-of-a-kind resource on the U.S. health insurance industry. It provides valuable intelligence on a wide range of big-dollar health plan issues — from benefit design and management strategies to corporate financial results and enrollment — that can be of great assistance to you and your management team in the year ahead.
This unique, well-organized resource helps you quickly get up-to-speed on:
- Industry-wide Trends. Our in-house editorial and research teams have closely tracked enrollment and market trends over the past year — including Medicare Advantage and Medicaid enrollment, premium rates and integrated health systems.
- Market Impact of Mergers and Closures. From the controversy surrounding the Anthem-Cigna and Aetna-Humana mergers to myriad CO-OP closures, the industry has seen volatile shifts in the past year.
- Insurer Strategies. In-depth accounts of health plans’ competitive strategies in public and private exchanges, reimbursement strategies such as value-based care, outcomes-based drug contracting and bundled payments, and pharmacy benefit cost containment.
- Innovative Partnerships. The shape of the industry continues to evolve as insurers, health systems and providers form partnerships and launch products designed to provide value to customers while cutting costs.
- Business News. Synopses of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, financial and stock market performance, personnel decisions and executive compensation trends.
- Data and Developments on Blues Plans. New for this edition, a chapter is specifically dedicated to data, trends and strategies of Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies.
Reserve your copy of Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2016-2017 today, so you'll have key health plan business trends at your fingertips!
Also Available on CD: For an additional $150, you can order the convenient CD version of Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data. The CD contains all of the information in the print version and you’ll find what you need instantly with the user-friendly, searchable PDF format. Plus, all CD purchasers receive a free copy of the print version!
Table of Contents (2015-2016 Edition)
Chapter 1: Health Plan Enrollment and Market Share
- Enrollment Data
- Medicare Advantage Enrollment Data
- Medicaid Enrollment Data
- Dual-Eligibles Data
Chapter 2: Health Plan Organizational Structure and Leadership
- Executive Compensation Trends
- Workforce Developments
- Leadership Decisions and Appointments
Chapter 3: Health Plan Financial Performance
- Costs and Profitability
- Medical Loss Ratios
- Second-Quarter 2014 Results
- Third-Quarter 2014 Results
- Fourth-Quarter 2015 Results
- First-Quarter 2015 Results
- Stock Market Performance
- Key Financial Data
Chapter 4: Market Moves and Expansions
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Health Plan Acquisitions and Sales of Non-health plans
- Market Moves and Developments
- Medicaid Market Developments
Chapter 5: Health Plan Product Offerings, Marketing and Benefit Design
- Outreach Efforts
- Benefit Design and Offerings
- High-Deductible Health Plans
- Health Savings Accounts
- Commercial Markets
- Small Group
- Large Group
- Network Design
- Narrow Networks
- Tiered Networks
- Medicare Advantage Products
- Marketing of MA Star Ratings
Chapter 6: New Market Players and Insurance Alternatives
- Broker Platforms and New Distribution Channels
- Health Care Sharing Ministries
- Boeing Direct-to-Employer ACO
- Retail Market Expansions
- Overseas Efforts
- Vivity and Other Joint Ventures
- Investment Opportunities
Chapter 7: Private Exchanges
- Private Exchange Growth Trends
- Insurer Strategies for Private Exchanges
- Employer Adoption of Private Exchanges
- Decision-Support Tools
Chapter 8: Insurer Participation and Strategies for Public Exchanges
- Participation and Competition
- Consumer Owned and Operated Plans
- Federal Oversight and Guidance
- Exchange Premium Rate Trends
- Exchange Premium Rate Data
Chapter 9: Provider/Health Plan Transactions and Developments
- Network Administration and Reimbursement Strategies
- Integrated Health Systems and Payer Collaborations
- Bundled Payments
Chapter 10: Accountable Care Organizations and Other Value-Based Care Arrangements
- Commercial ACO Strategies and Trends
- Health Plan ACO Arrangements and Collaborative Agreements
- ACO Results
- Public-Sector ACOs
- Patient-Centered Medical Homes
- Payer Strategies for Value-Based Care
Chapter 11: Health Promotion, Wellness and Disease Management Strategies
- Wellness Initiatives
- Chronic Disease Management
- Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- Strategies for Specific Health Issues
Chapter 12: Health Plan Strategies for Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Formulary Strategies
- Copay Capping
- Use of Generics
- Coverage of Contraceptives
- Genetic Testing
- Compounded Drug Costs
- Specialty Drug Strategies
- Hepatitis C Drugs
- Prescription Drug Benefit Design Data
Chapter 13: IT Strategies, Challenges and Opportunities
- Population Health Data
- Apps and Mobile Technology
- Data Security and Insurer Breaches
Chapter 14: Health Plan Resources and Directories
- Directory of State-Based Exchanges
- Directory of Federal and Regional Medicare Regulators
- Directory of Health Plan Trade Associations
- Directory of State Health Plan Associations
- State Insurance Commissioners
- State Medicaid Directors
- State Medicaid Pharmacy Directors
- Directory of State Health Officials
Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data was written and edited by the editorial staff of Atlantic Information Services.
- Managers of HMOs, PPOs, POS plans and PSOs
- Hospital managers and health system executives
- Group practice managers
- Managers of IDSs
- Insurance executives
- Employee benefits managers
- Consultants and attorneys
Order Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data for a 30-day risk-free inspection and test for yourself the value of this highly practical resource. If within 30 days you're not interested in keeping it, just return it to AIS and we will send you a prompt, full refund or credit. For CD purchasers, refunds will not be made once the seal on the CD package has been broken. Please review your copy of the print version prior to breaking the seal.
This item will begin shipping, via FedEx, in September 2016. Please give us your street address when you order (FedEx does not deliver to PO boxes.) Shipping and handling cost is $12 per item.
Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2016-2017