Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2016-2017
Reserve the All-New Edition Now and Save!
A best-selling annual book packed with insights into important trends that are re-shaping the health care industry. This one-of-a-kind resource contains reliable data, directories and other valuable resources you can put to work today. Written and organized by AIS's experienced health reporting staff.
Can’t wait? The 2015-2016 edition is still available! Click here to order.
Get the perspective you need to make sense of the state of the health plan industry with Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data
Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data is a comprehensive one-of-a-kind resource on the U.S. health insurance industry. It provides valuable intelligence on a wide range of big-dollar health plan issues — from benefit design and management strategies to corporate financial results and enrollment — that can be of great assistance to you and your management team in the year ahead.
This unique, well-organized resource helps you quickly get up-to-speed on:
- Industry-wide Trends. Our in-house editorial and research teams have closely tracked enrollment and market trends over the past year — including Medicare Advantage and Medicaid enrollment, premium rates and integrated health systems.
- Market Impact of Mergers and Closures. From the controversy surrounding the Anthem-Cigna and Aetna-Humana mergers to myriad CO-OP closures, the industry has seen volatile shifts in the past year.
- Insurer Strategies. In-depth accounts of health plans’ competitive strategies in public and private exchanges, reimbursement strategies such as value-based care, outcomes-based drug contracting and bundled payments, and pharmacy benefit cost containment.
- Innovative Partnerships. The shape of the industry continues to evolve as insurers, health systems and providers form partnerships and launch products designed to provide value to customers while cutting costs.
- Business News. Synopses of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, financial and stock market performance, personnel decisions and executive compensation trends.
- Data and Developments on Blues Plans. New for this edition, a chapter is specifically dedicated to data, trends and strategies of Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies.
Reserve your copy of Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2016-2017 today, so you'll have key health plan business trends at your fingertips!
Also Available on CD: For an additional $150, you can order the convenient CD version of Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data. The CD contains all of the information in the print version and you’ll find what you need instantly with the user-friendly, searchable PDF format. Plus, all CD purchasers receive a free copy of the print version!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Health Plan Enrollment and Market Share
- Enrollment Data
- Medicare Advantage Enrollment Data
- Medicaid Enrollment Data
- Dual-Eligibles Data
Chapter 2: Health Plan Organizational Structure and Leadership
- Executive Compensation Trends
- AHIP Departures
- Workforce Developments
- Leadership Decisions and Appointments
Chapter 3: Health Plan Financial Performance
- Second Quarter 2015 Results
- Third Quarter 2015 Results
- Fourth Quarter 2015 Results
- First Quarter 2016 Results
- Stock Market Performance
- Key Financial Data
Chapter 4: Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plan Trends and Data
- What Is a Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan?
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plan Enrollment Data
- Directory of Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans
Chapter 5: Market Moves and Expansions
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Centene-Health Net
- Closures and Exits of CO-OPs and Other Insurers
- Market Expansions and Exits
- Medicaid Market Developments
- Overseas Markets
Chapter 6: Health Plan Product Offerings, Marketing and Benefit Design
- Outreach Efforts
- Benefit Design and Offerings
- Tiered and Narrow Networks
- Short-Term Health Policies
- Employer Benefit Design Trends
Chapter 7: Private Exchanges
- Private Exchange Growth Trends
- Private Exchange Benefit Design and Features
- Employer Adoption of Private Exchanges
Chapter 8: Insurer Participation and Strategies for Public Exchanges
- Participation and Competition
- Marketing Strategies
- Premium Rate Trends
- Benefit Design Strategies
- IT Challenges
- Impact on Brokers
- Reinsurance, Risk Corridors and Risk Adjustment
- Oversight and Guidance
- Special Enrollment Periods
- Standardized Products
- Basic Health Plan
Chapter 9: Public Exchange Premium Rate and Benefit Design Data
- Exchange Premium Rate Trends and Data
- Benefit Design Data on Exchanges
Chapter 10: Provider/Health Plan Transactions and Developments
- Integrated Health Systems and Payer Collaborations
- Network Administration and Reimbursement
- Bundled Payments
- Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA)
- Contract Negotiations and Disputes
- Network Adequacy
- Provider Directories
- ICD-10 Transition
Chapter 11: Value-Based Care Initiatives
- Insurer Strategies for Value-Based Care
- Launches and Expansions
- Results From ACOs and Other Value-Based Care Initiatives
- Medical Homes
Chapter 12: Health Promotion, Wellness and Disease Management Strategies
- Wellness Initiatives
- Coverage Policies
- Care Settings
- Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- Strategies and Initiatives for Specific Health Issues
Chapter 13: Health Plan Strategies for Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Health Plan/PBM Contracts and Disputes
- Anthem-Express Scripts Lawsuit
- Pharmacy Benefit Design and Formulary Strategies
- Use of Generics
- Performance-Based Deals
- Drug Pricing
- Coverage of Female Viagra
- Specialty Drug Strategies
Chapter 14: IT Strategies, Challenges and Opportunities
- Telehealth Initiatives
- Population Health Data
- Apps and Other Online Consumer Tools
- Claims Processing and Storage
- Data Security and Insurer Breaches
Chapter 15: Health Plan Resources and Directories
- Directory of Federal and Regional Medicare Regulators
- Directory of Health Plan Trade Associations
- Directory of Health Plan Accrediting Bodies
- Directory of State Health Plan Associations
- Directory of State Insurance Commissioners
- Directory of State Medicaid Directors
- State Health Officials
Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data was written and edited by the editorial staff of Atlantic Information Services.
- Managers of HMOs, PPOs, POS plans and PSOs
- Hospital managers and health system executives
- Group practice managers
- Managers of IDSs
- Insurance executives
- Employee benefits managers
- Consultants and attorneys
Order Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data for a 30-day risk-free inspection and test for yourself the value of this highly practical resource. If within 30 days you're not interested in keeping it, just return it to AIS and we will send you a prompt, full refund or credit. For CD purchasers, refunds will not be made once the seal on the CD package has been broken. Please review your copy of the print version prior to breaking the seal.
This item will begin shipping, via FedEx, in September 2016. Please give us your street address when you order (FedEx does not deliver to PO boxes.) Shipping and handling cost is $12 per item.
Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2016-2017