November 17, 2014
You must be a registered user on AISHealth.com to access the stories below. If you haven't yet registered, please take a minute to register now, and get access to thousands of articles, blogs, Today from Washington postings and more.
(1) The Supreme Court said on Nov. 7 that it would take up King v. Burwell (14-114) during its current session in order to determine if premium subsidies awarded to 4.7 million enrollees on HealthCare.gov were illegal because the wording of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) indicates that only exchanges set up by states can issue subsidies .... (more)
(2) A set of answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) issued on Nov. 6 by HHS and the departments of Treasury and Labor clarifies that an employer would run afoul of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) if it reimburses an employee for the purchase of an individual market plan .... (more)
(3) CMS is proposing that Medicare cover an annual screening for lung cancer with low dose computed tomography (LDCT) as an additional preventive service benefit .... (more)
(4) CareAll Management LLC and its affiliates agreed to pay $25 million to settle false claims allegations in a home health care case .... (more)
(5) The Obama administration is predicting far fewer people will enroll in coverage through a public insurance exchange for 2015 .... (more)
(6) A new Government Accountability Office (GAO) report (GAO-15-58) released on Nov. 13 said the health reform law’s exchanges for small businesses are failing to attract interest, echoing what health insurance industry stakeholders have been saying for months .... (more)
(7) Queen’s Medical Center in Honolulu was overpaid $318,587 after making mistakes on 49 of 223 claims audited .... (more)
(8) Cigna Corp. agreed to cap costs for Florida members using HIV/AIDS prescription drugs .... (more)
(9) The cost of operating the call center for Colorado’s state-run insurance exchange is expected to jump by $4 million .... (more)
(10) Hospitals were overpaid for replaced cardiac devices by two Medicare administrative contractors (MACs), which had sequential responsibility for jurisdiction 15 (Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia) .... (more)
(11) Premiums for Covered California’s Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) should increase by 5.2% on a statewide weighted average basis for the 2015 plan year .... (more)
Content questions or suggestions should be directed to Executive Editor Jill Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in advertising in GOVERNMENT NEWS OF THE WEEK please contact Bailey Sterrett at email@example.com.
GOVERNMENT NEWS OF THE WEEK is copyrighted and protected by federal law. The re-use of its content is restricted (see below). However, you are permitted to forward this email to as many of your friends and colleagues as you wish, or better yet have them sign up for their own copy at http://www.magnetmail.net/actions/ atlantic_subscription.cfm, where you can also sign up for AIS's Health Business Daily and Spotlight on Health Insurers.
Copyright © 2014 Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS). All rights reserved. It is not permissible to include all or any portion of this content on any Web site, intranet or electronic network or in any print publication, without AIS's written permission in advance. Permission requests should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.